Questions Regarding Cricket Equipment (Bats, Pads, Gloves etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
im goin to pak soon...might get it from there....
heard alot about it now....

can i get a slightly lighter u think may be a 2.7lbs?

im goin to pak soon...might get it from there....
heard alot about it now....

can i get a slightly lighter u think may be a 2.7lbs?
Yeah, you can get a 2lb 7oz version, which i think is the smallest size availible, the heaviest is 2lb 13oz.

Cricket-Bat-l24.jpg

Yes I use to own one 2 weeks ago sold it because it was on the quite too heavier side but it was amazing really used to love it nice willow really.

I use Ihsan 550 which is pretty good for a lower order hitter like me. My older brother has the 950 and it sure is an amzing piece of wood. I bought the 550 last year for around 7000 Pak rps and my brother bought his 950 just last month for 12 k from Moti Bazaar in Rawalpindi.

I use Ihsan 550 which is pretty good for a lower order hitter like me. My older brother has the 950 and it sure is an amzing piece of wood. I bought the 550 last year for around 7000 Pak rps and my brother bought his 950 just last month for 12 k from Moti Bazaar in Rawalpindi.

bohar bazaar rathar...??

ijaz sports???

can you post some pics of the 550 if you can?

Completely lost in this thread, want to get a bat as will be playing cricket after a very long time and although was mainly a bowler could bat as well bit this is well complicated. May as well as CD as he knows what he is talking about by the sound of things, Brother what bat should I be looking to get which? Although price isn't a major issue don't want to buy an expensive bat that I don't like so what would you recommend that would be ideal at least for now until I get back into the groove of things and also where should I buy from, I live in UK.

Attachments

• Image009.jpg
    Image009.jpg
    432 KB · Views: 346
  • Image010.jpg
    Image010.jpg
    481.2 KB · Views: 324
  • Image011.jpg
    Image011.jpg
    430.2 KB · Views: 356
  • Image012.jpg
    Image012.jpg
    473.7 KB · Views: 360
Hi guys,

just thought I share this with you. I have a gray nicholls powerbow atomic. The weight is 2.10lb but I can promise you it actually feels lighter than my old 2.7lb It's amazing what they can do these day by compressing a heavy willow and balancing it so you get the best of both worlds, namely a thick heavy willow but beautifully balanced so it in fact feels very light.

What I'm trying say is don't buy a bat without actually personally picking it up and trying it out. The technogy is so advanced now that some manufactures make a heavy bat feel light.

Don't take my word , go to a specilist shop and have feel of a GN powerbow Atomic 2.10lb and see how you will be amazed .

Last edited:
Tay'yab,

Its not really the technologic factor which makes the bat lighter but, in fact, it is your hands and your preference which does that. It somewhat depends on the bat profile and its shape. For example, I have a CA bat whose sweetspot is positioned high to mid and the stickers says it weighs 2.9 lbs but in my hand I feel it lighter than 2.9. On the other hand I have a bat which weighs 2.7 and it has a low sweetspot but in my hands it feels more than 2.9.

Sakss Bhai, as brother dhump said it costs around Rs. 13000.

Since you are deciding to play cricket after a long time then I would advise you to go after a G2 bat or even a G3. As it won't be that expensive and I believe it would be worth every penny especially when you are making a comeback.

As far bat goes I first ask people whether they have any specific brand which they like. It is because some people such as me something buy a bat because of a brand as there favourite player(s) use it. So what brand are you most interested in?

Also can you outline your maximum budget? Preferred weight, type of bat (slogging, stroke maker etc)

JazakALLAH Khair

Tay'yab,

Its not really the technologic factor which makes the bat lighter but, in fact, it is your hands and your preference which does that. It somewhat depends on the bat profile and its shape. For example, I have a CA bat whose sweetspot is positioned high to mid and the stickers says it weighs 2.9 lbs but in my hand I feel it lighter than 2.9. On the other hand I have a bat which weighs 2.7 and it has a low sweetspot but in my hands it feels more than 2.9.

Sakss Bhai, as brother dhump said it costs around Rs. 13000.

Sligthly disagree,

I have played cricket with someone who worked for GN. Their factory in Sussex has the latest machines able to compress large blocks of willow into a bat shape, further they also use titanium & carbon fibre in the handle to save weight. Yes the balancing process does assist to some degree but the point I was trying to make was that people who prefer a big bat but have found a
2.10lb bat heavy should personally visit a bat shop and try out some of these latest bats and they will be amazed how light even 3lb actually feels.

My bat has huge edges and looks like it weighs about 4lb but as I said previouly it's actually is 2.10lb but feels lighter than my previous 2.7lb.

Last edited:
Sligthly disagree,

I have played cricket with someone who worked for GN. Their factory in Sussex has the latest machines able to compress large blocks of willow into a bat shape, further they also use titanium & carbon fibre in the handle to save weight. Yes the balancing process does assist to some degree but the point I was trying to make was that people who prefer a big bat but have found a
2.10lb bat heavy should personally visit a bat shop and try out some of these latest bats and they will be amazed how light even 3lb actually feels.

My bat has huge edges and looks like it weighs about 4lb but as I said previouly it's actually is 2.10lb but feels lighter than my previous 2.7lb.
What you are saying is right but what i said in my previous post is that its not just the technlogy which makes heavier bats lighter. Another factor is the type of cleft. In order to achieve massive profiles of a bat what batmkers do is that they use over dried vleft where you get bigger profile bats.

Carbon fibre is ligther compaere to normal handle, hence, it has been banned at international and batmakers (most of them) don't make bats with that type of handle.

i held the same bat in my hands yesterday and it feels like a nice willow.. my friend here Tyson Gordon who will be representing Canada in the upcoming domestic series in Carribean used it for nets and the punching drives really travel in the outfield.. i have never been punched that hard cover drives.. be it in the nets or real games//

it was also 2.9 lbs and id like to get one but just that i play with 2.7 lbs bat.. (currently using a CA 12000 and its awesome)

i held the same bat in my hands yesterday and it feels like a nice willow.. my friend here Tyson Gordon who will be representing Canada in the upcoming domestic series in Carribean used it for nets and the punching drives really travel in the outfield.. i have never been punched that hard cover drives.. be it in the nets or real games//

it was also 2.9 lbs and id like to get one but just that i play with 2.7 lbs bat.. (currently using a CA 12000 and its awesome)

Is he Jeremy's brother? What team do u play for and if you dont mind me asking whats ur name?
thanks

BTW Ihsan inferno 950 is 11000 rupees

Personally if you ask me AS V10 is really good bat. Since V3 is a great bat one can easily say V10 would be step ahead and it will surely disappoint anyone.

Yes, it is certainly worth as I would say AS bats are best Asian bats for its value.

As far specification goes it really narrows down to you and your playing style. For instance, I like low sweetspot bat, light pick up, good balance and so on.

I haven't dealt with AS but I know people who have dealt with them. They are really happy with the quality and service.

If you are planning to deal with them then I will surely give a nod!

Hope it helps!

i am sure u meant it will NOT disappoint anyone. thanks for all the help. i was also of the opinion AS bats are best value for money. i was thinking of the following specs:

clean bat face with 8-10 evenly spaced ruler straight grains, normal middle, good pick up, 2'8"-2'9" (final weight after putting grip, stickers etc), rounded edges

i am not a big fan of too many grains or huge edges (as i feel clefts are over-dried to get that and those don't last long)

just a few more questions:
Can I get them to optimally press the bottom? (I dunno what they can do but the problem i have had with previous bats is that there is no stroke at all in the bottom of the bat. it just feels like a dud)
can u suggest something?

also which profile will have the biggest sweetspot? i was thinking something like the special profile from laver wood. or shud i just leave it to the bat maker? what do u guys think??

Last edited:
ihsan bukwas bat ... its 2.9 lol.. they don't make Boom Boom bats, I have seen Boom Boom bats they are about 2.7 and different shape but unfortunately Boom Boom bats are bloody expensive 225 pound available at globesports.net

Regardless which bat it is all bats toe will be very weak and it requires lots of knocking as its weakest part of the bat. All I can suggest you is that spends maximum time in knocking the toe area.

Laver profile is unique and I don't think any batmaker can copy that identically. Just tell the bat maker you want extended long sweetspot whereas you will have you tell him where you want the main sweetspot such as high, mid or low

I am in Karachi and will be visiting UT sports tomorrow to buy me a new bat lets see what I am getting although making up my mind for CA 12000 Limited edition but lets see.

thanks for all the help....i am actually looking for a new bat as my CA plus 10000 is slightly too heavy for me....

i will most probably order from AS sports direct and will review the bat when i receive it....

Ihsan has always been a leading batmaker in Pakistan but lately this is not a case. However, Boom Boom bats are made by Ihsan.

Bhai, personally I haven't used or seen any Adidas bats but I haven't heard great reviews about Adidas stuff. It look nice but I don't think it is worth paying that vaue

Think about it - Tendulkar & Pietersen are promoting your brand. Thats gonna cost a fair whack! And the cost of thhe bat relects this.

Adidas cricket clothing & footwear is exceptional quality & worth every penny if you can afford it.

The bats is where they will fall down - they look great, but are they as good as the price tag?

I would say NO

I have noted that a few of their models have come down in price - in line with other manufacturers, eg yesterday I noticed in JJB sports that a KP bat costing £99.99 is now £69.99 (locally). Kids bats have come down from about £30 to £20.

Think about it - Tendulkar & Pietersen are promoting your brand. Thats gonna cost a fair whack! And the cost of thhe bat relects this.

Adidas cricket clothing & footwear is exceptional quality & worth every penny if you can afford it.

The bats is where they will fall down - they look great, but are they as good as the price tag?

I would say NO

I have noted that a few of their models have come down in price - in line with other manufacturers, eg yesterday I noticed in JJB sports that a KP bat costing £99.99 is now £69.99 (locally). Kids bats have come down from about £30 to £20.
There is no doubt that Adidas clothing is one of the best. They make gears for England team so its obvious ECB won't approch to a crappy brand like AJ or Boom Boom.

I agree! Bats are where they are losing much of a business. I am sure if they find a good batmaker then many househilds will have Adidas bats. I believe price drops tells everything about there bats. I am sure with a giid bat maker they will make loads for quids as Pietersen is main attraction for younger generation in UK.

i am sure u meant it will NOT disappoint anyone. thanks for all the help. i was also of the opinion AS bats are best value for money. i was thinking of the following specs:

clean bat face with 8-10 evenly spaced ruler straight grains, normal middle, good pick up, 2'8"-2'9" (final weight after putting grip, stickers etc), rounded edges

i am not a big fan of too many grains or huge edges (as i feel clefts are over-dried to get that and those don't last long)

just a few more questions:
Can I get them to optimally press the bottom? (I dunno what they can do but the problem i have had with previous bats is that there is no stroke at all in the bottom of the bat. it just feels like a dud)
can u suggest something?

also which profile will have the biggest sweetspot? i was thinking something like the special profile from laver wood. or shud i just leave it to the bat maker? what do u guys think??
Very few bats go very well at the toe, however Asian bats are notoriously soft at the toe as many of them don't know how to press as well as their UK counterparts.

I'd steer away from AS, as the ones I have seen are very dry pieces of wood with poor handles.

I would say NO

Adidas have always sold in line with other manufacturers, check their RRP's against other companies. They are not expensive compared to their competitors.

Their bats aren't that bad either, they're made by a decent manufacturer in India who make for other companies who happen to get rave reviews! Many guys on the forums just see them as easy to snipe about as they're a large faceless brand throwing money around.

Adidas have always sold in line with other manufacturers, check their RRP's against other companies. They are not expensive compared to their competitors.

Their bats aren't that bad either, they're made by a decent manufacturer in India who make for other companies who happen to get rave reviews! Many guys on the forums just see them as easy to snipe about as they're a large faceless brand throwing money around.
From my experience, Adidas bats are priced higher than comparable bats.

For what people pay, they arent getting too excited. I am involved in kids cricket - those that bought their Jnr Adidas bats in April at the start of the season arent as happy as those that waited and bought them in June!

Same bats - different prices. I am DELIGHTED with my son's Adidas bat, because I paid less than his team mates who paid full price - same bat. Same performance. Same quality. Same construction.

Its just that their expectations were a little higher in line with the 'little higher' price they paid for it!

Very few bats go very well at the toe, however Asian bats are notoriously soft at the toe as many of them don't know how to press as well as their UK counterparts.

I'd steer away from AS, as the ones I have seen are very dry pieces of wood with poor handles.

what sort of pressing do u think shud be done for the bottom of the bat? also what is the optimal moisture content for a cleft?

that might be true. however for me in singapore, the UK bats seem to be much more expensive plus there are shipping costs involved as well....

i was interested in the AS V10 as they seemed best value for money. which bats would you recommend instead?

what sort of pressing do u think shud be done for the bottom of the bat? also what is the optimal moisture content for a cleft?

that might be true. however for me in singapore, the UK bats seem to be much more expensive plus there are shipping costs involved as well....

i was interested in the AS V10 as they seemed best value for money. which bats would you recommend instead?
12% I would say is optimum, but then others may have differing opinions. And too much is made of light/soft pressing, Indian bats though are often soft in the toe as they try to accentuate the bow by pressing harder in the middle of the cleft.

I don't like to reccomend particular models of bats, as I could be very biased towards my own. I know you're in Singapore but get yourself to a nearest cricket stockist and try out a bunch of bats see which one feels best and sounds the nicest.

i am a bit limited in that respect as there aren't many shops here....a couple of them whose products are not that great and prices are quite high....

i think almost all the players prefer a slight bow in their bats now a days...not sure why though....

most subcontinental bat makers make bats with a huge bow as that is what the demand is for....most ppl want such bats.....(though i feel it reduces the sweetspot)....

which model of bats are you referring to when you say biased towards your own?

Top range Kookaburra is £375, top line GM £360, Top Slaz £350.00, top Adidas £330.00 - all RRP's of course.

Tom, mind telling where Adidas bats are made (I am sure it will be India but just to confirm it) and if possible maker?

Thanks mate

Last edited:
i am a bit limited in that respect as there aren't many shops here....a couple of them whose products are not that great and prices are quite high....

i think almost all the players prefer a slight bow in their bats now a days...not sure why though....

most subcontinental bat makers make bats with a huge bow as that is what the demand is for....most ppl want such bats.....(though i feel it reduces the sweetspot)....

which model of bats are you referring to when you say biased towards your own?

Mongoose :)

MATRRIXXGLADIATORLE.jpg

MATRRIXXGLADIATORLE1.jpg

MATRRIXXGLADIATORLE2.jpg

MATRRIXXGLADIATORLE3.jpg

MATRRIXXGLADIATORLE5.jpg

Image105666.jpg

MATRRIXXGLADIATORLE6.jpg

After a long wait I received two bats of which I was eagerly waiting, Matrrixx Gladiator and CA Extra Power. Matrrixx was bought from Ajit (onlinestockist) whereas I purchased CA from Armie (batsandmore) after being fully satisfied with previous purchase of CA Gel bat.

I had never tried any Matrrixx bat and it was the first time I was trying. Initially when I was ordering I was a bit nervous because of the brand not being as famous as other brands. However, when I got my bat I was over joyed and was extremely satisfied. Bat has 10 clean straight grains and 34mm edges. I am sure the bat will play well and will last long. So far I haven't used this bat in a game but I tested the bat with mallet and it has impressive ping. The sweetspot is extended on this Matrrixx unlike other bats which have limited sweetspot. The balance is very good as well whereas pickup is very light. The bat felt really good in my hands and it seems to be much ligter than its given weight. Overall it was another gem of a bat from Ajit and his service was really good as usual.

On the other hand, I received CA Plus Extra Power. In this bat I asked for 8-9 grains as I want a bat to last long. After seeing this bat I was over the moon as this bat seems to be perfect and is meeting my expectations perfectly. As the is named it seems to be exactly like that. The bat is really strong and powerful gun when I tested with a mallet. The edges are massive (39/40 mm) and this bat seems to be more thicker than Matrrixx. Another thing which I liked about this bat was that it had a high spine and for a 2.9 it seems very big bat. Thesedays you won't find many bats which have high spines. The spine of this bat reminded me of M&H bats. As far sweetspot goes it is very long and it seems to be longer than Matrixx one. As CA is famous of its exceptionally balance and pickup this bat was not different. The pick up of this bat is feather light and the bat seems to be much lighter than 2.9. As far Armie service goes it was second to none. He was very helpful and informative when I decided to buy this bat. Since it is a new bat and new range in CA's catalog I wasn't sure how this bat will play. But Armie was very helpful and answered all of my questions proactively. I haven't posted pictures of CA because I have given to local cricket shop to knock it in for me. I'll post pictures as soon I get it back. Also got this bargain Kook CcX bat today from a local shop.

Feel free to ask questions

Last edited:
Is he Jeremy's brother? What team do u play for and if you dont mind me asking whats ur name?
thanks

BTW Ihsan inferno 950 is 11000 rupees

thats cheap... my CA 12000 was around PKR 15000.. bought it last year..

dont know about jeremy but he did talk about his 15 year old brother which he'd like to play for us... his younger brother plays for jamaica.. heres his cricinfo stats.. http://www.cricinfo.com/westindies/content/player/208755.html

im the current captain for edmonton cc .. my name's faraz... wot abt you??

lovely pictures.. awesome bats
do they ship these bats to Canada? can you give me a link to a site which you are satisfied?

Hi everyone,

Well, I'm new to actually playing cricket and I'm about to buy my first bat and plan on joining a club here in Islamabad soon. So I'm here for a bit of advice. Before this I've practiced a lot with stumps as bat with tennis balls so naturally I'm spoiled by its feather light weight and non existent pickup. Now even some tape ball bats feel heavy to me and hinder my natural flow and timing. Guess thats an inevitable result of using stumps for practicing for too long :( . Anyway, I'm a slow boring batsman, kind of like Kallis or Dravid, not a slogger at all and don't hit sixses. So I would need a bat which has feather light weight and easy pickup and lasts long. These are about the only two requirements that I have I guess.

I'm a bit low on budget here and after reading almost every post in this thread so far, I've gathered that everyone seems to like AS V3 and AS V10 and they kind of fall in my budget as well (although V10 stretches it). But I don't know whats the lowest weight they come in. Does anyone know the minimum weight either of these two come in?

If anyone have any other recommendation, please tell me. Thanks :)

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

Well, I'm new to actually playing cricket and I'm about to buy my first bat and plan on joining a club here in Islamabad soon. So I'm here for a bit of advice. Before this I've practiced a lot with stumps as bat with tennis ball so naturally I'm spoiled by its feather light weight and non existent pickup. Now even some tape ball bats feel heavy to me and hinder my natural flow and timing. Guess thats an inevitable result of using stumps for practicing for too long :( . Anyway, I'm a slow boring batsman, kind of like Kallis or Dravid, not a slogger at all and don't hit sixses. So I would need a bat which has feather light and easy pickup and lasts long. These are about the only two requirement I have I guess.

I'm a bit low on budget here and after reading almost every post in this thread so far, I've gathered that everyone seems to like AS V3 and AS V10 and they kind fall in my budget as well (although V10 stretches it). But I don't know whats the lowest weight they come in. Does anyone know the minimum weight either of these two come in?

If anyone have any other recommendation, please tell me. Thanks :)

Both ASV10 AND ASV3 come in 2.8 (lightest) but pickup is even lighter. I would recommend that you try CA10000 PLUS and MB Bubber Sher as those two bats are real gem.

thanks & yes both sites do ship to Canada. I got the Matrrixx Gladiator LE bat from www.onlinestockist.com and CA plus Extra Power bat from www.batsandmore.com.

thanks buddy..

Both ASV10 AND ASV3 come in 2.8 (lightest) but pickup is even lighter. I would recommend that you try CA10000 PLUS and MB Bubber Sher as those two bats are real gem.

well i use 2.7.. and a friend of mine even has a 2.4!! (AS) so really if you want a feather weight go for a 2.4 if you can find it..

Nam,

Is it a harrow size bat?

no idea what a harrow size bat is.. but i know it was a custom made and its just like a normal bat.. but apparently he is not too happy with it..

question: i tried to look for a shop to buy an AS V10 that can ship to canada but i couldnt find one.. im really impressed with this bat... so thick and if u middle the ball it travels like no other!

Nam,

Most of the online retailers don't have AS V10 in stocks yet. Best bet would be to get it from AS factory. Yes, they will ship it to Canada

There have lately been a lot of questions on AS V10 lately. I got one from the AS factory about three weeks ago. I will post the pictures soon. I still have not been able to use it in a match (our weird schedule and my week long vacation).

Just from initial tests the ping is amazing. It has very thick edges for a 2lb 8 bat. As for the wood being a bit dry I am not sure. The face of the bat was oiled and seemed fine but the back needed a coat although it was pre-oiled.

The price is indeed 148 US dollars. The other price does not make sense because the Pak price 11000 Rs. converts to about 129 dollars. How could they ship it for less than their Pak price.

Although they do price a bit more attractively in markets where they have more competition like Australia.

Oxy Bhai, its a good bat for juniors and there is no doubt about the bat durability or craftsmanship. We all know how good Newbery is! Series 1 is a good one as its profile and shape is very well balanced.

those Ebay bats are Kashmiri Willow. One thing I would suggest everyone is that never ever trust Indian seller on Ebay especially when he is saying its English Willow, original bat of specific brand etc because most of the time they turn out to be fake

Great bat Majid Bhai!

So when did you buy CCX and which one is it?
kookccx.jpg

kookccx2.jpg

supergradebats1.jpg

kookccx4.jpg

I checked the weight of this bat( kook CcX) today and it weighs 1165 grams which is about 2.9lb. The pick up is like 2.6 bat and really nice ping and will improve more when its fully played in. Grains are slightly wonky but willow quality still looks lush. Uzair Miyyan keep the price of this bat a secret and don't tell anyone where I got the bat from.

Last edited:
One of the best cricketing thread I've ever seen. Wow!

Just got my hands on a brand new cricket kit. Got myself some Ricky Ponting softs, which are pretty nice but not quite what I wanted. Also got a Gray Nicolls Ignite (pro perf). Amazing pickup and balance. Will post an update with pictures once I try it out on the field in a couple of weeks.

Cover Drive, your Krakatoa is a great looking piece of willow. Any updates on how its playing? I might get myself one at the beginning of next season if I'm not completely satisfied with my Ignite.

Last edited:
Askmoi,

Which Mongoose did you use? MMi3 or CoR3?

it was a mmi3...the grains were quite nice and the bat was huge all the way from the top to the bottom ....

i think it was 2'10"....didn't see it in the match as it was drizzling and the guy didnt want to use his brand new bat............

There have lately been a lot of questions on AS V10 lately. I got one from the AS factory about three weeks ago. I will post the pictures soon. I still have not been able to use it in a match (our weird schedule and my week long vacation).

Just from initial tests the ping is amazing. It has very thick edges for a 2lb 8 bat. As for the wood being a bit dry I am not sure. The face of the bat was oiled and seemed fine but the back needed a coat although it was pre-oiled.

The price is indeed 148 US dollars. The other price does not make sense because the Pak price 11000 Rs. converts to about 129 dollars. How could they ship it for less than their Pak price.

Although they do price a bit more attractively in markets where they have more competition like Australia.

thanks for the help....made me a bit more relaxed about ordering from AS directly

One of the best cricketing thread I've ever seen. Wow!

Just got my hands on a brand new cricket kit. Got myself some Ricky Ponting softs, which are pretty nice but not quite what I wanted. Also got a Gray Nicolls Ignite (pro perf). Amazing pickup and balance. Will post an update with pictures once I try it out on the field in a couple of weeks.

Cover Drive, your Krakatoa is a great looking piece of willow. Any updates on how its playing? I might get myself one at the beginning of next season if I'm not completely satisfied with my Ignite.
You got yourself really good gear! Kookaburra RP softs are really good and one of the best in the market. I quite like there pads system as one pads has 7 canes and other has 9 canes (if I remember correctly).

Ah that's a great bat. If you don't mind can you tell us how many grains do your GN Ignite has?

I haven't played much with that bat as I had to leave for vacation. However, it is a top notch bat and plays very good. The sweetspot is quite long and ball travels a good distance when you play a drive sort of stroke. Personally I like it a lot and I think my money has been worth.

Any more questions please feel free to ask.

I checked the weight of this bat( kook CcX) today and it weighs 1165 grams which is about 2.9lb. The pick up is like 2.6 bat and really nice ping and will improve more when its fully played in. Grains are slightly wonky but willow quality still looks lush. Uzair Miyyan keep the price of this bat a secret and don't tell anyone where I got the bat from.

Ah it looks great Majid Bhai! One of my club mate has CCX 900 or 750 and his bat is awesome! I really like the shape and profile of the bat. As the bat is knocked in more and more I am sure it will play very good.

One thing I don't like about this bat is that its grip is not great as the are ruined because of the grip :(

it was a mmi3...the grains were quite nice and the bat was huge all the way from the top to the bottom ....

i think it was 2'10"....didn't see it in the match as it was drizzling and the guy didnt want to use his brand new bat............

The purpose of MMi3 and the shape is made in a specific manner that the whole bat is sweet spot. Once you middle regardless which part of the bat it will travel a long distance.

As far CoR3 goes it has pretty same profile and shape. Its toe is almost as thick as the middle of the bat.

so here is my new Malik Bubber sher bought it from UT sports yesterday.

94125183.jpg

Didn't like CA 12000 LE TRD?

TRD was really really good but my budget was reduced due to some reasons so I never really tried to bargain TRD.

BTW what do you think of bubber sher this one weight around 2.6 and got nice overall balance.

Last edited:
2.6 is light enough.. looks a decent bat mate.. congrats..
id like to know how much better is CA 12000 LE TRD compared to CA 12000

Oh okay.

I can't see the picture as it is not showing on my phone browser. Once I logon from a laptop Ill let you know.

2.6 sounds to be really light and with a light pickup it might feel even ligther. I hope it doesn't get too light after a while :)

I have heard there is notable difference between CA 12000 LE and CA 12000 as LE one seems to be a more professional player bat because of its willow (better one is being used) and profile is better. On the other hand I have heard since Mani LE is no longer in CA's catalog CA 12000 LE is the same one being restickered although I am not sure how accurate this fact is.

2.6 is light enough.. looks a decent bat mate.. congrats..
id like to know how much better is CA 12000 LE TRD compared to CA 12000

Thanks mate.

well they didnt got CA 12000 so I cant really inform you about the direct comparison but it looks like a standout piece of willow in comparison to Malik,Boom Boom and CA Power plus it was very light the ping was just amazing sweet spot seems to be pretty big over all it was a really nice bat with nice pick up and light weight.

I can't see the picture as it is not showing on my phone browser. Once I logon from a laptop Ill let you know.

2.6 sounds to be really light and with a light pickup it might feel even ligther. I hope it doesn't get too light after a while

CD: Sure man let me know what do you think of this one. LOL you never know but I hope I stick to Babbar sher for a while :D.

BTW: I have seen another lot of Boom Boom 5 star and I am least impressed really if I compare the price it is just a bit lower then 12000 TRD and you really dont even want to compare both of them I think Boom Boom needs to work on it a little or no one will really be buying their bats just for the name.

Last edited:
Boom Boom currently is cashing Afridi's name, hence, there bats are priced high compare to competitors. I believe the reason why they aren't good in the begining is because die hard Afrdi fans will not look at the quality instead they will go for Afridis bat.

Personally I find it worthless to buy a Boom Boom 5 Star because it is priced around Rs. 18000 whereas Ihsan Inferno 950 is around 13. Its the same bat maker etc with just different stickers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back