Questions Regarding Cricket Equipment (Bats, Pads, Gloves etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cover Drive said:
Oh okay. He is also playing for you guys?

What's your team name?

By the way, Naveed Bhai has a good collection of bats as well.

He hasn't yet but I am sure soon he will......he is playing on a part time basis for us.

Team name is Spartans.

Oh okay

Nitrous Bhai, did you get your stuff from Pakistan which you had ordered? (strippers, bats etc)

JazakALLAH Khair

xkalibur80 said:
He hasn't yet but I am sure soon he will......he is playing on a part time basis for us.

Team name is Spartans.

did you try the gt tonight?

Coverdrive, your avatar is driving me nuts who is it?
Footwork is appalling! front foot towards the pitch of the ball.

I'm looking at a couple of bats, but Whats the difference between 9 piece and 12 piece cane handles? better/worse? Are all handles Sarawak cane or only the expensive ones? Is the willow more important or is the cane in the handle more important?

bigfan said:
Coverdrive, your avatar is driving me nuts who is it?
Footwork is appalling! front foot towards the pitch of the ball.

I'm looking at a couple of bats, but Whats the difference between 9 piece and 12 piece cane handles? better/worse? Are all handles Sarawak cane or only the expensive ones? Is the willow more important or is the cane in the handle more important?
Ofcourse its one and only Mohammad Yousuf :moyo

Pardon me but I have no clue how do you figure out which handle is which. I believe 12 cane is a better handle compare to 9 cane one, but again am not too precs about this information.

I would say both are important. If your willow is really good and handle is below average then most likely bat will break from its handle.

I haven't seen any issues with handles unless you don't treeat the bat with respect and use it appropriately

As far handle goes I believe Rehan Bhai (ca_gold) would be the best man.

ca_gold said:
did you try the gt tonight?

yes sir......everyone is going crazy over it....I may have more people for you soon enough.

I need another grip on it though.....the middle needs some knocking too.

Good bat(s) bigfan. Your friends Puma colour looks really good to me as I personally prefer "white bats" as they last longer.

What fears me is that being second best Puma bat it only has 4-6 grains ? :20:

Cover Drive said:
He (Cosgrove) is sponsored by Redback. Another finest batmaker (Gary). I really like there bats and they are awesome from top to toe they are very meaty.

Spoke to Mark Cosgrove today & asked him what his bat weighs.

He was taken back - thought I probably wanted an autograph!!

"Ooh...about 2lb 7-8oz mate" was his reply!

bigfan said:
The Puma belongs to a friend, similar to my 5000 only bigger. Weighs 2lb12-13, Only 5 grains but they are straight. 37mm edges. Claims to have cost £340. After using this I'm thinking of selling my Puma and getting something thats easier to maneuver.

Who sells bats with 32-35mm edges, big spine, straight grains, weighs 2lb8?

Try Ajit he has many grade 1 bats with clean straight grains, light weight and edges around 35mm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oxy said:
Spoke to Mark Cosgrove today & asked him what his bat weighs.

He was taken back - thought I probably wanted an autograph!!

"Ooh...about 2lb 7-8oz mate" was his reply!
Ahh thanks mate. Honestly I am really grateful to you for all this. I do feel embarassed :(

2.7-8ish and with Garys craftsmanship it would feel even lighter.

No Pictures. I was watching sky sports t20 match between Gloucestershire v Hampshire match and Hamish Marshall was using a Boom Boom bat, pads and gloves(all boom boom gear). I think Boom Boom are sponsoring few foreign players like CA.

nice bats majid, i have already ordered two max grainers from ajit last week, eagerly awaiting for the delivery

yes I saw Hamish Marshall he was using full on boomboom kit, he had the gold coloured bat like afridis

Majid Bhai, yes Boom Boom is psonaoring forgein players and InshALLaH soon you will see Kioren Pollard using Boom Boom as well. He will be sponsored once his contract with SS.

Ali Bhai, ah okay. It's great to see Boom Boom expanding worldwide.

Sakss Bhai, yes those bats are original Boom Boom bats

BoomBoomAli said:
yes I saw Hamish Marshall he was using full on boomboom kit, he had the gold coloured bat like afridis
I think he was using the red 4 star boom boom bat like Abdul Razzaq's

Few pictures of new bats in CA ranges of which I came across (courtesy uzisports.co.uk)

1-5.jpg

2-5.jpg

3-5.jpg

4-1.jpg

5.jpg

6-1.jpg

Last edited:
TRD is my personal favorite there. btw CD - i got my bradbury and truxton sps yesterday. will be posting pics and review shortly. Top notch stuff for Asad bhai once again.

ca_gold said:
TRD is my personal favorite there. btw CD - i got my bradbury and truxton sps yesterday. will be posting pics and review shortly. Top notch stuff for Asad bhai once again.
TRD seems to be better than normal CA 12000 Plus. I am not ure whethe CA had restockered 10000 Plus LE as TRD but it looks impressive.

Oh isn't the Bradbury for your friend and Thruxton is your bat?

yes bradbury is for a friend - thruxton will be my new match bat. hopefully will make a debut this weekend once its knocked!

So, are we nowhere with where I can buy myself a nice CA Bat in lahore? :(

Last edited:
Guys, one of Pakistani player selected for England Tour Azher Ali is staying with us for the next few days. If any of you guys want to ask him any questions, plz post ur questions here.

Regards

Asad

asad bhai - i suggest you PM the mods (Saj) and let him know. He will probably create a sticky thread with the questions for the rest of the forum to ask.

Asad Bhai don't worry about it. I will take care of it.

JazakALLAH Khair

Last edited:
Yes Shahid Yousaf who played ICL and came with Pakistan squad is coming on Wednesday.
I am meeting Salman Butt, Malik and few others in London.

Regards

Asad

Shahid Yousuf was rated highly by Inzi at one stage i remember. Do you know what bat he uses?

Also - you carry most indian brands - why not SG? Do you rate them?

Opener said:
Guys do you recommend putting an anti scuff sheet on a new bat. Thanks

make sure you oil it first... take it off after a season pullin it slowly and sideways, i have one on all my bats as they extend the life of the bat

Opener Bhai, off course yes! It prolong your new bats life. As Ali Bhai said make you knock and oil first (if required). Also I would say use clear one as that is better in my opinion

Thanks Ali and Uzair bhai. My bat is oiled and pre- knocked but I think I should knock it a bit more. So I should apply anti scuff after the knocking then. Thanks in advance. My name is Ahmad by the way.

Ahmad Bhai, yes knock more regardless what the bat or manual says. For instance, if it says "Ready to Play" it does require more knocking so my advice would be knock more and make sure you round the edges nicely. Spend maximum amount of time on edges and toe.

If you have any question regarding knocking please let me know

By the way, would you mind posting pictures of your V10 and rest of the AS kit as you are one of the first one to own them.:D

sgsunnytonny.jpg

sgcobramax.jpg

SG dont export much to UK & Aus because of Kookaburra and adidas but you can buy SG bats from India. Uzair am selling few bats and after I sell I might get one of these bats frm Ajit.

I only use each bat few times in the nets and in few matches and then i sell it on and buy another bat. The bats I buy usually have excellent ping/rebound and most are very soft pressed so they dont last 2 long.

Last edited:
Would not buy the new 12000 purely because of the name on the front and side.

the Extra Power looks amazing.

I talked to the AS Sports guys (assports.com) and they quoted me $110 for the AS V10, $100 for the AS V3 and $90 for the AS G200. Looking into possibly buying the G200.

The prices are excellent I think, shipping may cost a lot though.

Last edited:
my plain bat with original woodworm stickers :)

Attachments

• 20062010154.jpg
    20062010154.jpg
    448.9 KB · Views: 215
  • 20062010155.jpg
    20062010155.jpg
    363.8 KB · Views: 131
  • 20062010156.jpg
    20062010156.jpg
    447 KB · Views: 165
A Big hello to all,

First post so bit about me - Am originally from India (hope anyone doesnt hold that against me lol)and been in Australia for about 15 years.
Been playing cricket since childhood (First gali, then School and then back to Gali (rather Park)cricket! LOL). Still play on weekends etc when possible.

Anyways needed a bit of help. Can someone confirm if this bat seems genuine or not:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/MB-MALIK-BUB...ricket_Sporting_Equipment&hash=item27b28ce635

I was under the impression that the Bubber Sher bat doesnt have stickers but rather some sort of paint job. Is that true- coz that would make it easier to check and validate it- once I have it in my hands.

thanks to anyone who can help.

I person i know is playing with that last CA bat. ITS JUST AWSOME. ITS HUGEEE WOOD and sounds realy very well.

I player in my team have ordered one from a friend who is in family with CA ppl. He always have nice bats :)

Cover Drive said:
Few pictures of new bats in CA ranges of which I came across (courtesy uzisports.co.uk)

1-5.jpg

2-5.jpg

3-5.jpg

4-1.jpg

5.jpg

6-1.jpg

Poison said:

I talked to the AS Sports guys (assports.com) and they quoted me $110 for the AS V10, $100 for the AS V3 and $90 for the AS G200. Looking into possibly buying the G200.

Wow have just had a chat to the bloke and those prices are inclusive of freight shipping to Australia! What should I get, C_D? The G200 has always been a personal favourite of mine, but the new V10 looks amazing

:jm

Poison said:

Are you talking about 12000 Plus or 12000 Plus Limited Edition? They are two different bat with Dilshan one being superior bat in CA's range.

Extra Power is new range in CA's catalogue

Is that price in US Dollars or Australian? AS V10 seems to be priced really good especially when you compare AS top bat with other competitors.

I am not too sure how much shipping would be to Australia but I think it would be $30-$40 maximum. Nevertheless, when you ask them do let me know.

I am not sure which grade G200 is. Lately I heard that V3 is now being made in G2 as V10 has been launched so they have demoted V3's willow/cleft. As the price difference between G200 and V10 is only of $20 then I woul recommend you to buy V10 as it is top notch bat.

Please let me know if you have anyother question

Cricketismylife said:
A Big hello to all,

First post so bit about me - Am originally from India (hope anyone doesnt hold that against me lol)and been in Australia for about 15 years.
Been playing cricket since childhood (First gali, then School and then back to Gali (rather Park)cricket! LOL). Still play on weekends etc when possible.

Anyways needed a bit of help. Can someone confirm if this bat seems genuine or not:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/MB-MALIK-BUB...ricket_Sporting_Equipment&hash=item27b28ce635

I was under the impression that the Bubber Sher bat doesnt have stickers but rather some sort of paint job. Is that true- coz that would make it easier to check and validate it- once I have it in my hands.

thanks to anyone who can help.
Welcome to PP! Hope you enjoy your stay here. Well no one here is based on race or country so I don't think anyone would do that.

Anyways, back to cricket bats. Yes that Bubber Sher seems to be original but it would be great if you ask the seller to provide more pictures of that bat. Initally when Bubber Sher was launched it was only in paint later as it got older they released a sticker version as well (like the one you showed). In addition, now MB Malik has Bubber Sher Limited Edition which is painted and that is there top of the range bat.

If you have anymore question then please don't hesitate in asking me. I would love to answer them.

Take Care

Im sorry for being a bit persistant, Im living in Norway and my bat is doing my batting no good at the moment, I really want to get hold of the CA 12000+ LE, Can you guys recommend somewhere I can buy it online and get it delivered, looks like it's not quiet working out getting it from Pak now, since my mother is back now.

Well, even if I can get it delivered from Pak, that info would be very helpful. Thanks in Advance.

Ahh nah mate you aren't being presistant in any way. It is ashamed that people like me who are from Lahore aren't aware of any reliable store in Lahore.

As CA 12000 Plus LE is new in the market I am not sure of it's readily available or not. But if you need really good product and service then I would recommend you uzisports.co.uk. Email Asad Bhai an he will be able to send you a bat. I have bought a bat from him and his quality and service is second to none so do give him a shout.

If you have anyother question please don't hesitate asking me

Well, I was planning on spending around 170-200 pounds on a bat, in Pak, that would have been enough for pretty much any bat i think, But now I am going with Uzisports, so what do you guys think? Should I still go for a CA, or some other bat can match up to it? maybe a " Western " bat, or a GM? I was pretty set on the CA 12000+ TRD but now I am confused again.

AtifUk said:
Well, I was planning on spending around 170-200 pounds on a bat, in Pak, that would have been enough for pretty much any bat i think, But now I am going with Uzisports, so what do you guys think? Should I still go for a CA, or some other bat can match up to it? maybe a " Western " bat, or a GM? I was pretty set on the CA 12000+ TRD but now I am confused again.

The amount that you are looking to spend will fetch you quite a few bats from Pakistan.

I agree with both CD and ca_gold that you should look at ordering from Uzi Sports. You can get some decent bats for that price range including Newbury!!

AtifUk said:

I would strongly recommend you go with CA 12000 LE or ask Asad bhai (Uzisports) for MB LE cricket bat. These two bats are top notch.

What I should mention too is that I need to get delivery and a mallet with any other needed extra's within that budget. That's why I was thinking of alternatives from the CA and MB LE's.

Get a Newbery. You wont regret it. Fine cricket bats and uzisports has a great selection. You will get a knocked/toe guard/face protection all within in your price range.

ca_gold said:
Get a Newbery. You wont regret it. Fine cricket bats and uzisports has a great selection. You will get a knocked/toe guard/face protection all within in your price range.
There's so many different one's to choose from, how can you set them apart from each other?

C_D I asked the guy and the freight charges to Australia were included in the price. I think I may get the V10 for $110AU then. :razaaq

Atif Bhai I got my Newbery Players for £200 shipped to Canada so I am sure you can get a Newbery in that price range. I wouldn't recommend you to buy a GM as there top range will be quite expensive. If you need English then go for Newbery and if Pakistani then as cricketer13 Bhai said MB LE or CA 12000 LE would be best bet.

5 Star is the lowest range in Newbery whereas Players is mid range and SPS is tip range. I think all are G1. But the Players Asad Bhai have are really close to SPS

Poison said:
C_D I asked the guy and the freight charges to Australia were included in the price. I think I may get the V10 for $110AU then. :razaaq
V10 for $110 AU is impossible. It's like $100 CAD which is peanuts.

The prices you got are really low compare to what we are given by AS people. Check them once more

Cover Drive said:
V10 for $110 AU is impossible. It's like $100 CAD which is peanuts.

The prices you got are really low compare to what we are given by AS people. Check them once more

That's what I was thinking! But I got the email from the AS Sports guy and he replied back when I asked what was the price including freight and delivery charges ... and he said the price was including freight and delivery charges already. :younis

I'll let you know if its genuine when I get it.

AtifUk said:
What I should mention too is that I need to get delivery and a mallet with any other needed extra's within that budget. That's why I was thinking of alternatives from the CA and MB LE's.
I am sure other bits are not that expensive such as mallet etc. Asad Bhai is top bloke and he will certainly sort things out. Drop him a email and you'll be set to go.

Ask any question you have as me and ca_gold Bhai has dealt with Asad Bhai

Poison said:
That's what I was thinking! But I got the email from the AS Sports guy and he replied back when I asked what was the price including freight and delivery charges ... and he said the price was including freight and delivery charges already. :younis

I'll let you know if its genuine when I get it.
I am still having hard time in believing the quote you got as it is too good to be true.

Opener Bhai, who also lives in Canada got V10 yesterday and he paid $132 CAD ($147ish AUD) for it. And this didn't include freight and delievery charges.

Cover Drive said:
I am still having hard time in believing the quote you got as it is too good to be true.

Opener Bhai, who also lives in Canada got V10 yesterday and he paid $132 CAD ($147ish AUD) for it. And this didn't include freight and delievery charges.

From assports.com?

Quite puzzling, if he got it from the same website for nearly $50 more

^ I have done so already, and thanks for your help. However, I have to say, those Newbury's look pretty good, and there is around 50 Teams here in Oslo, and most of them being Pakistani means everyone has the CA and MB bats, might not be a bad idea to have something different (only if that means I am not compramising too much on quality).

Poison said:
From assports.com?

Uhm it's quite fishy.

Yes, he did get from same website and I believe it was Waqas who handled his case

Cover Drive said:
Uhm it's quite fishy.

Yes, he did get from same website and I believe it was Waqas who handled his case

Yup, same guy. Did he post pics in this thread? I'll get the V10, and post up pics to compare.

AtifUk said:
^ I have done so already, and thanks for your help. However, I have to say, those Newbury's look pretty good, and there is around 50 Teams here in Oslo, and most of them being Pakistani means everyone has the CA and MB bats, might not be a bad idea to have something different (only if that means I am not compramising too much on quality).
Newbery is one of finest bat maker in this world. They are one of the few in whole world who make handmade bats. As far qualtiy and finishing goes kf Newbery then they are in different class all together. Pakistani or Indian bats craftsmanship is nohere near Newbery's. Go couple of pages back in this thread and you will see my Newbery pictures and ca_gold Bhai Newbery pictures. Newbery will last you ling as well if it's used appropriately.

Here's some of the pics I got from their website ;

Attachments

• 45x100_Newbery_ThruxtonXL_1.jpg
    45x100_Newbery_ThruxtonXL_1.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 113
  • Newbery_ThruxtonXL_3.jpg
    Newbery_ThruxtonXL_3.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 120
  • Newbery_Grizzly_1.jpg
    Newbery_Grizzly_1.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 123
  • Newbery_Grizzly_3.jpg
    Newbery_Grizzly_3.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 118
  • Newbery_GT335_web.jpg
    Newbery_GT335_web.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 135
Poison said:
From assports.com?

Poison bhai it is puzzling. If you go through this thread, you will see that people have quoted $132 for V3 a few months ago. If I am not wrong Rizwan25 bhai (if I am not using a wrong username) got AS V3 in April. You can verify the price with him.

Anyways, Inshallah you will have a wonderful bat and I hope you score many runs with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back