Questions Regarding Cricket Equipment (Bats, Pads, Gloves etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cover Drive said:
Sounds fair

What's your budget mate?

in this day and age my budge would be under £100 pounds :)

at the moment i have a CA STYLE, only use it in nets, dont feel it is fully nocked also as mentions has few cracks on rear

what do people think of ROMIDAS pricing 9 if any one has heard of them(www.romidas.co.uk)

I will look at couple of bats and will get back to you.

One website which is UK based is;

www.uzisports.co.uk

They have really good bats and there service is second to none. Check that website as well as clearance section. There are bargains deal going on. Pod thing about them is that they send you actual pictures of the bat first which make selection quite easier. Email them (Asad Bhai) and do mention me (Uzair) if you want to.

I have hears of Rominda and personally I do like there prices but have never bought anything
from them. Again prices are fine but not sure of quality.

Back in the day, I used to use Morrant, 3D Cricket & Romida for my gear.

Bat had to be Slazenger - V100.

Like the King himself

Cover Drive said:
They do give bats out. If I were you then I would definately ask for it. And if they need money for it a deal could certainly be struck
:))) Not ask him for his bat - ask him about his bat - was it a Boom Boom or an AS!

Morrant is a decent wesbite as well.

V100 was a lengendary bat

No cricketer will ever tell you it's original batmaker especially if it differs from sponsor stickers

Cover Drive said:
I will look at couple of bats and will get back to you.

One website which is UK based is;

www.uzisports.co.uk

They have really good bats and there service is second to none. Check that website as well as clearance section. There are bargains deal going on. Pod thing about them is that they send you actual pictures of the bat first which make selection quite easier. Email them (Asad Bhai) and do mention me (Uzair) if you want to.

I have hears of Rominda and personally I do like there prices but have never bought anything
from them. Again prices are fine but not sure of quality.

Hi Thanks

I have had a look at the Online Stockist and also uzisports, but personaly i think online stockist is cheaper 9 correct me if im wrong),

but please if you find any deals do let me know, i dont even mind a used bat as long as it is in good conditions

Online stockist primarly sells Indian stuff. Whereas the Kookaburra stuff they have is Indian version which is also original.

Uzi Sports is very good in my opinion as they have great customer service and customer handling.

Personally I do like Indian stuff but pause before buying as they are from rival country.

ca_gold said:
lol im waiting for majid to jump and correct you and tell us that he is indeed using a Boom Boom. Cricketers wouldnt lie like that !
LOL i already told why its wrong but in this case u can clearly see he using an AS bat with boom boom stickers.

Majid_V3 said:
LOL i already told why its wrong but in this case u can clearly see he using an AS bat with boom boom stickers.
He is definately using AS bat. profile is exactly identical to AS V3's original profile so I wouldn't hesitate in saying that he indeed is using AS V3 or AS V10

CD - some guy on kijiji is selling Newbury 335GT bat.....looks like a good deal but I gotta check it out in person.

Take a look at it and let me know if its worth it?

Majid_V3 said:

im only playing around bud. vaise - out of all your bats - the one i like the most is the SG King Cobra. do you use it much? what are your thoughts on the SG?

xkalibur80 said:
CD - some guy on kijiji is selling Newbury 335GT bat.....looks like a good deal but I gotta check it out in person.

Take a look at it and let me know if its worth it?

lol that guy is me ;)

and CD knows about this bat too

ca_gold said:
lol that guy is me ;)

and CD knows about this bat too

I had a feeling it would be someone from here....small world!

I just sent you an email....you have to give me a PP discount!

LOL

lol the pp discount + every other discount under the sun is allready on this bat. its well over 300 bucks new!

Omair Bhai, I vouch for ca_gold Bhai.

The bat looks really good considering the price. Apart from price factor the bat itself is great as it looks more meaty compare to a 2.8ish bat. Edges are thick, sweetspot is
long etc.

GT range is the best range in Newbery catalogue. The shape of GT bats are for or like professional players.

Please don't think I am bluffing or anything

To be honest with you initially I was also in the race of buying that bat. But lost the race to Rehan Bhai and never knew he was there as well. Even when I was buying a bat from Asad Bhai I first asked him for GT but it didn't go that way

Hope it helps!

Cover Drive said:
Omair Bhai, I vouch for ca_gold Bhai.

The bat looks really good considering the price. Apart from price factor the bat itself is great as it looks more meaty compare to a 2.8ish bat. Edges are thick, sweetspot is
long etc.

GT range is the best range in Newbery catalogue. The shape of GT bats are for or like professional players.

Please don't think I am bluffing or anything

To be honest with you initially I was also in the race of buying that bat. But lost the race to Rehan Bhai and never knew he was there as well. Even when I was buying a bat from Asad Bhai I first asked him for GT but it didn't go that way

Hope it helps!

cheers cd.

Hey Majid
that bat Max grainer from ajit looks awsome! have u ever used it?? how is the performance of the bat?
thanks in advance

cric_fan82 said:
Hey Majid
that bat Max grainer from ajit looks awsome! have u ever used it?? how is the performance of the bat?
thanks in advance
Yeah I have used those bats and they are awesome you get four runs with just defensive pushes into gaps and you can hit sixes with just tapping/timing the ball. Ping is awesome and they only cost £90 incl shipping to UK.

ca_gold said:
im only playing around bud. vaise - out of all your bats - the one i like the most is the SG King Cobra. do you use it much? what are your thoughts on the SG?
SG bats are very good. SG & SS are 2 most popular brands in india. SG make very very good bats for Kookaburra and adidas and their own bats are awesome and best things about SG bats is the sound they make is the best you will ever hear and they have the best pressed toe out of all asian bats I've used. Ping is super good and I think they will release a new bat soon more expensive then mine and it will be called SG King Cobra Gold. I have seen Raina use it once the front stickers look similar to Puma's.

Majid_V3 said:
Yeah I have used those bats and they are awesome you get four runs with just defensive pushes into gaps and you can hit sixes with just tapping/timing the ball. Ping is awesome and they only cost £90 incl shipping to UK.

that is a very reasonable price :)
going to order 2 next week
thnks

No BAS never made adidas bats. Only SG make adidas bats for UK and in India. And puma bats are made by SS.

Oh okay. You sure SS makes Puma?

Majid Bhai, as you know SS softs are one of the best in the world so are there bats as good a there softs?

SS bats are much better then their softs. I think about 50-60% of players in the ipl were using SS ton bats. Hayden used mongoose this yrs ipl but in the last ipl when he was top scorer he used SS ton.

Ohh okay. Personally I never liked any of SS bat(s) shape as I find them quite wired and different shaped bats. And on the other hand, I am in deep love with SS softs especially when it comes to gloves.

Cover Drive said:
Ohh okay. Personally I never liked any of SS bat(s) shape as I find them quite wired and different shaped bats. And on the other hand, I am in deep love with SS softs especially when it comes to gloves.
the best gloves you find in the market are made by SS

Regards

asad

I am aware of that Asad Bhai but I have told you why I don't buy SS gloves and instead went with Newbery Test gloves :)

cric_fan82 said:
Hey Majid
thanks in advance

Which bat is this? I am struggling to find it on his website?

one of the few bats i have.....as u can see its been used quite alot.....one of my favourite bats though...

Attachments

• 14062010149.jpg
    14062010149.jpg
    453.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 14062010150.jpg
    14062010150.jpg
    460.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 14062010151.jpg
    14062010151.jpg
    339.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 14062010152.jpg
    14062010152.jpg
    364.2 KB · Views: 60
Not a bad bat at all! The grains ere really nice on the bat and it still seems to bein good condition especially when seeing how used it is

Uzair - I am ordering some equipment from Ajit.....I have asked him to put a lower price on the receipt so that I can some on duties.

Do you think that's a good idea?

Cover Drive said:
What are you ordering?

Ask him which shipping method will he b using

COntemplating between SS Superlite pads (one's that Majid bought) OR SF Hero pads....also the SS Hitec Blue gloves.

I want to order a bat too but it will most likely get drilled.

Shipping for pads will kill you mate. How much is shipping for a pair of pads?

The chances of bat getting drilled and not getting drilled are same. What I have noticed is that bat coming via courier get treated and/or charged by custom whereas regular mail one doesn't

xkalibur80 said:
Uzair - I am ordering some equipment from Ajit.....I have asked him to put a lower price on the receipt so that I can some on duties.

Do you think that's a good idea?
........ :inzi

Last edited:
Cover Drive said:
Shipping for pads will kill you mate. How much is shipping for a pair of pads?

The chances of bat getting drilled and not getting drilled are same. What I have noticed is that bat coming via courier get treated and/or charged by custom whereas regular mail one doesn't
Shipping costs are very reasonable and nothing like that will ever happen if you get anything from Ajit. Pads/bats will never get drilled I can give you guarantee nothing like that will happen.
Xcaliber Bhai I bought 2 pairs of pads and gloves and shipping cost was very low/reasonable. Mostly you get ripped off if you buy from uk, aus and pak. Bro if you have anymore more questions abt anything you can ask me.

Last edited:
Majid_V3 said:
Shipping costs are very reasonable and nothing like that will ever happen if you get anything from Ajit. Pads/bats will never get drilled I can give you guarantee nothing like that will happen.
Xcaliber Bhai I bought 2 pairs of pads and gloves and shipping cost was very low/reasonable. Mostly you get ripped off if you buy from uk, aus and pak. Bro if you have anymore more questions abt anything you can ask me.

Majid - you are right, he quoted me around 30 pounds - which is around $45 CDN for shipping to Toronto.....

He also assured that if I was to get charged any custom fees, he will refund it to me on the next purchase.

Omair Bhai, so shipping ($45) is for a pair of pads and a pair of gloves? That quite steep. If I am correct pads are $36 itself right?

Majid Bhai, you live in UK so shipping to UK from India would be definately lower when comparing from India to Canada

xkalibur80 said:
COntemplating between SS Superlite pads (one's that Majid bought) OR SF Hero pads....also the SS Hitec Blue gloves.

I want to order a bat too but it will most likely get drilled.
I also wanted to go for the SF Hero pads first because I knew they were top quality and had really good padding but getting them would have taken few more extra days and I couldnt wait so I went for SS superlite. Btw SS Hitec pro gloves are top class.

Cover Drive said:
Omair Bhai, so shipping ($45) is for a pair of pads and a pair of gloves? That quite steep. If I am correct pads are $36 itself right?

Majid Bhai, you live in UK so shipping to UK from India would be definately lower when comparing from India to Canada

Yes $45 for both....not sure if its negotiable?

How much is total cost of pads & gloves including shipping. I'm sure its still lot cheaper buying from other countries. Ajit doesnt make any profit from shipping at all and hes not a rip off. I'm sure hes quoted you the lowest/best possible prices for shipping.
Btw am about to order some more stuff from Ajit for one of my friend and a SF laminated bat for myself. This is my shopping list.
1. SS Matrix Pads Mens Left Hand.
2. SS Matrix Gloves Mens Left Hand
3. SS Multiflex thighpad mens Left Hand
4. SS Inner thighpad mens left hand
5. SS professional whites (trouser,shirt & sweater all medium size)
6. SS professional kit bag. in silver if possible

7. SF Laminated bat (for me)

Majid_V3 said:
How much is total cost of pads & gloves including shipping. I'm sure its still lot cheaper buying from other countries. Ajit doesnt make any profit from shipping at all and hes not a rip off. I'm sure hes quoted you the lowest/best possible prices for shipping.
Btw am about to order some more stuff from Ajit for one of my friend and a SF laminated bat for myself. This is my shopping list.
1. SS Matrix Pads Mens Left Hand.
2. SS Matrix Gloves Mens Left Hand
3. SS Multiflex thighpad mens Left Hand
4. SS Inner thighpad mens left hand
5. SS professional whites (trouser,shirt & sweater all medium size)
6. SS professional kit bag. in silver if possible

7. SF Laminated bat (for me)

It comes to 71 pounds with shipping for a pair of pads and gloves.

Pretty intense list you got there.....I like SS Matrix pads as well.

CD - have you used the Newbery bat yet? I am meeting ca_gold hopefully today to check out the bat.

Last edited:
In my opinion, $45 is a bit steep. But it's your buck so you decide as you wish.

Shipping is never negotiable

xkalibur80 said:
It comes to 71 pounds with shipping for a pair of pads and gloves.

Pretty intense list you got there.....I like SS Matrix pads as well.

CD - have you used the Newbery bat yet? I am meeting ca_gold hopefully today to check out the bat.
lol mostly everything is for his friend whereas SF laminated bat is for Majid Bhai.

Check Hagee Sports he has SS Matrixx pads and he has got them for a decent price. Older model ones are like $45

InshALLAH I will be using it on Wednesday (hope It doesn't rain).

By the way, I have decided to sell my Bubber Sher

Cover Drive said:
lol mostly everything is for his friend whereas SF laminated bat is for Majid Bhai.

Check Hagee Sports he has SS Matrixx pads and he has got them for a decent price. Older model ones are like $45

InshALLAH I will be using it on Wednesday (hope It doesn't rain).

By the way, I have decided to sell my Bubber Sher

Yes $40 for shipping is steep but that's what is looks like when something is being shipped to Canada - sucks for us eh!

I saw the ad on Kijiji......I am also selling CA8000 Plus....you know any buyers? it's brand new.

Uzair stop putting ppl off from buying indian branded gear. Its ok if u dont like indian brands but dont put off everyone.

Majid_V3 said:
Uzair stop putting ppl off from buying indian branded gear. Its ok if u dont like indian brands but dont put off everyone.

Majid - I don't think Uzair is stopping anyone from buying indian brands. He is just giving his opinion on the cost of shipping in general whether it be from India or any part of the world.

So you have good things to share about the Max Grainer bat?

Majid Bhai, I wasn't surprise to see your comments coming because I knew you would say that. Seems like you don't understand and all you are doing is to promote Ajits business. I had no where told anyone that don't buy Indian gears just because I don't like them.

Last edited:
xkalibur80 said:
Yes $40 for shipping is steep but that's what is looks like when something is being shipped to Canada - sucks for us eh!

I saw the ad on Kijiji......I am also selling CA8000 Plus....you know any buyers? it's brand new.
lol I wish shipping was peanuts to Canada and expensive to other parts of the world.

Ohh okay. I never knew that it was you who was selling that CA 8000 Plus. Just out of curiosity didn't you sell three CA 8000 Plus before?

I fear I don't know anyone who is interested in buying a bat. Sorry.

Just keep posting the ad and keep bumping it
and InshALLAH it will be sold soon

xkalibur80 said:
Majid - I don't think Uzair is stopping anyone from buying indian brands. He is just giving his opinion on the cost of shipping in general whether it be from India or any part of the world.

So you have good things to share about the Max Grainer bat?
I have used them bats and they are awesome quality, the one I had was better then a professional players bat I had once. Its really easy to hit boundaries with the max grainer bats you just have push the ball into a gap and the ball races for 4. And when you hit sixes with those bats you dont have to belt the ball hard you can just time the ball to hit sixes. Overall everything about the bats is excellent including pick up and finish on the bat. Bats are suitable for all type of players and conditions.

Last edited:
Cover Drive said:
lol I wish shipping was peanuts to Canada and expensive to other parts of the world.

Ohh okay. I never knew that it was you who was selling that CA 8000 Plus. Just out of curiosity didn't you sell three CA 8000 Plus before?

I fear I don't know anyone who is interested in buying a bat. Sorry.

Just keep posting the ad and keep bumping it
and InshALLAH it will be sold soon

Yes it is me...I sold a CA10000 and the very next week the guy who bought it scored 67....

Sold two other CA8000s and now have one more left.

Majid_V3 said:
I have used them bats and they are awesome quality, the one I had was better then a professional players bat I had once. Its really easy to hit boundaries with the max grainer bats you just have push the ball into a gap and the ball races for 4. And when you hit sixes with those bats you dont have to belt the ball hard you can just time the ball to hit sixes. Overall everything about the bats is excellent including pick up and finish on the bat. Bats are suitable for all type of players and conditions.

Do you own a ASV3 as well?

Majid_V3 said:

whos the man behind the curtain here?
or is it that your on commission?

xkalibur80 said:
Yes it is me...I sold a CA10000 and the very next week the guy who bought it scored 67....

Sold two other CA8000s and now have one more left.
Ohh okay. You didn't like either of these bats?

xkalibur - how are you liking your new GT mate ;)

i dont think majid is on any commission. hes had a good experience with them hence recomends them. just like me and CD both tell everyone to go to UZI. Even though to Canada uzi may be a bit expensive - at least you get peice of mind regarding genuine equipment (you cant be sure about that here in Canada), great service, and a quality product.

Oh so Omair Bhai has bought GT335

Congrats on your new bat Omair Bhai :D I hope it goes well for you

Offcourse Majid Bhai is not on any sort of comission. I agree with what Rehan Bhai said in regards recommendation. In addition to that if someone ask me for any good store in Karachi then I say UT Sports although I have never been there.

going to buy two max grainers from ajit this week, would post about the performance when i get them next week. prolly with pictures

Good choice!

DO post pictures an do tell us how does it goes

Just out of curiosity what did you ask for?

i asked for a light weight bat around 2.8 Lbs, he"s giving all the free extras! what else can i ask for? i actually have no idea how thick the edges should be?? and anyhting more specific i should ask for?

Not really. I meant to ask weight and numbr of grains you personally prefered etc.

Uhmm just ask Ajit Bhai to give you thickest edge bat in 2.8

Cover Drive said:
Not really. I meant to ask weight and numbr of grains you personally prefered etc.

Uhmm just ask Ajit Bhai to give you thickest edge bat in 2.8

thnx buddy for ye help,
there are about 16 to 17 grains on the bat, as i was told
and he said he cant promise me if there was a knot the bat or not! so a knot or blemish does effect the performance? if there is a knot or blemish on the bat, where it shudnt be on the bat?
thnx for yr help again

cric_fan82 said:
thnx buddy for ye help,
there are about 16 to 17 grains on the bat, as i was told
and he said he cant promise me if there was a knot the bat or not! so a knot or blemish does effect the performance? if there is a knot or blemish on the bat, where it shudnt be on the bat?
thnx for yr help again
No worries bhai! Its all good!

Blemish doesn't effect the bats performance nor a knot does. However, a knot is a bad thing (in my opinon) becuse it can crack the bat at later stages.

I would sa back of the bat and tell him o try his best to send a clean face bat if he can.

I am pretty sure you will get a good piece because seeing Majid Bhai bats he (Ajit) has been sending really good quality bats.

ca_gold said:
xkalibur - how are you liking your new GT mate ;)

i dont think majid is on any commission. hes had a good experience with them hence recomends them. just like me and CD both tell everyone to go to UZI. Even though to Canada uzi may be a bit expensive - at least you get peice of mind regarding genuine equipment (you cant be sure about that here in Canada), great service, and a quality product.

It shall be unleashed in the nets on Friday.....I just can't get over how light the pick up is. Perfect balance too!

Now Pakistani people have online shops

StumpMic said:
Most people don't use email in Pakistan.

This is true in old times
Now Pakistani people have online shops for cricket equipments

yeah but that means he is sponsored by a different company now, woodworm probably got rid of him after his ban

I bought this for my son 4 weeks ago - Size 6

Adidas Pellara

246-0706799SPA72UC583177X.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back