Questions Regarding Cricket Equipment (Bats, Pads, Gloves etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cover Drive said:
Oops my bad. I got confused and thought it was your Blade. Aren't Kookaburra bats soft pressed? If I remember correctly your Blade was soft pressed, right? Personally I like your Blade better than Kahuna as it has better profile and thicker edges.

Yaar how's your King Cobra going?

Majid Bhai, what do you say about Kookaburra gloves? I am starting to like them..

Indeed it is! InshALLAH it will go even further and further.
Kook Blade bats are pressed more softly then the Kook Kahuna Range. Kook blades have a bigger shape and only available in light weights.
SG King Cobra is a very good bat but I've only used it few times in the nets and once in the match. I've only tried kook gloves few times and they are very good.

Rizwan25 said:
are you kidding me? these prices are ridiculous.... :pissed:

I was looking at the MB Bubber Sher complete package deal which including postage was for 390. It would be cheaper to get it from Pak but I thought it was not that bad a deal. Anyways you have made your point.

Thanks Cover Drive. Is anyone using a SAF bat this season. If yes how does it play?

Opener said:
I was looking at the MB Bubber Sher complete package deal which including postage was for 390. It would be cheaper to get it from Pak but I thought it was not that bad a deal. Anyways you have made your point.

Thanks Cover Drive. Is anyone using a SAF bat this season. If yes how does it play?

Ahh pardon me I did not see the complete package. However, the complete package seems to have a very good price tag. Bubber Sher pads and gloves are quite new in the market so they are available at some places. I personallt like Bubber Sher pads design as it kinda resembles SP pads which Younis Khan wears.

I haven't used or have seen SAF bats but I am I prety sure they will perform well as they are handmade bats. I have seen pictures of few SAF bats and theylooked really nice.

Mate, what kit (bats, pads etc) do you use?

Take Care

Cheers

I am resuming hard ball cricket after taking a four year break. I just ordered new equipment from AS Sports which I will receive by the end of the week. I will get V3 pads, gloves etc and the V10 bat which I think is their LE this year.

Take Care

Stockists in Rawalpindi

Does anyone know of decent stockists of bats in Rawalpindi or Islamabad.

Ideally someone who sells genuine bats and not fake rubbish.

Hey guys, late entry into this thread, I looked through around 4-5 random pages as my mother is in Lahore so I can get myself a bat from there this week.

Firstly, Can someone recommend a store in Lahore from where I can buy a bat?
Secondly, I have concluded, Malik B. Sher, 2.10 Lb, 10-12 grains, judging from some of the posts read. I play part time, Bat at 6 or 7, Most games are 20 or 30 overs, Artificial pitches. So since im not using the bat alot would you recommend different grainage? Also rough estimate on what sort of price I should expect?

Thanks in advance.

AtifUk said:
Hey guys, late entry into this thread, I looked through around 4-5 random pages as my mother is in Lahore so I can get myself a bat from there this week.

Secondly, I have concluded, Malik B. Sher, 2.10 Lb, 10-12 grains, judging from some of the posts read. I play part time, Bat at 6 or 7, Most games are 20 or 30 overs, Artificial pitches. So since im not using the bat alot would you recommend different grainage? Also rough estimate on what sort of price I should expect?

Thanks in advance.

Hey friend, I am not sure of a store in Lahore maybe Zaidi Sports but can definitely recommend bats that you should choose from. I personally like Malik B.Sher Limited Edition (not normal bubber sher), so try getting your hands on that bat its an amazing piece of willow. Try going for a 2.9 as weight can vary depending on a pick up and opt to choose 8-10 grains so this bat can last you more. Other than this I would definitely recommend Ihsan inferno 950 and AS V3 or even CA 12000.

AtifUk said:

Thanks in advance.
Welcome to this thread :D!! It's better late than never.

To be honest, I am stuck with that question as well. I am personally from Lahore and am not aware of any store either. I do want to know as well. So I apologize for not being helpful in this question.

Uhmm MB Bubber Sher is a good choice indeed. However, I would like to know whether your budget is flexible or not. Bubber Sher retails around Rs. 9000. If you can spend a bit more then as cricketer13 Bhai said buy MB Bubber Sher Limited Edition rather than normal Bubber Sher. I have seen cricketer13 bhais Bubber Sher LE and it is awesome bat. I personally fell in love with that bat even though I am not a big fan of MB. By no mean I am trying to say that normal Bubber Sher is not a good bat. Bubber Sher is a great bat as well. But this decision comes to your budget.

As far grains goes I would recommend you something (as cricketer13 Bhai) said 8-11 grains. The reason why I said this is because in longer term it is beneficial for you as the bat will last you longer.

Again for weight what cricketer13 Bhai said is the way to go.

Hope it helps!

If you have anyother question(s) please don't hesitate to ask me.

Opener said:
I am resuming hard ball cricket after taking a four year break. I just ordered new equipment from AS Sports which I will receive by the end of the week. I will get V3 pads, gloves etc and the V10 bat which I think is their LE this year.

Take Care
Ohh okay. It was a long gap indeed.

You made really good decision there. V3 pads, gloves and especially V10 everything sounds awesome. I personally like V3 pads alot.

Yes, V10 is their LE this year. I have heard lots of good things about V3 so V10 will certainly be better than V3.

If you don't mind then can I ask you where did you order the stuff from and where are you located? If an only if you feel comfortable answer these questions otherwise it's fine

Take Care

akkers said:
Does anyone know of decent stockists of bats in Rawalpindi or Islamabad.

Ideally someone who sells genuine bats and not fake rubbish.
I know of a person who sells cricket equipment in Islambad

You can email him at;

armughan001@yahoo.com

armughanaltaf@hotmail.com

Tell him that you got his email address from Uzair who lives in Canada.

Let me know if you need his number

Hope it helps!

Thanks

Uzi sports

Coverdrive thanks for that. I will contact the guy.

I have been looking at Uzi sports for a while. They appear to have good stuff but their prices have been edging up gradually. From what I can see the prices are no better than what pay locally. So why should i buy on-line, pay the same price when I can get it locally where i can see and feel the things.

Further, Uzi charge you for everything extra (knocking in, toe-guard, face tape, grip, postage etc) When you add all this up, the price is way way above what I would call reasonable.

I can get a decent bat from Raje sports who will put toe-guard, face tape, grip etc for at no extra charge. I can see the bat, feel it before buying and if anything goes wrong, I can take it back.

Somebody mentioned onlinestockist.com. I have had a look at these and they appear to be reasonably priced and they throw in everything free (toe-guard, face tapem knocking in etc). Only they are based in India and only have Indian bats.

No worries mate!

I am believeing you are in UK. Do prove me wrong if I am.

I had always thought that Uzi sports prices are high but mate when you look his quality it is definately worth. I bought a Newbery Krakatoa Pkayers and mate the quality of the bat is really good and honestly it looks like a SPS model. So my point is yes you do pay a bit high at Uzi but what you get is way bette than what you get from others.

As far onlinestockist goes he is based in India and only sells Indian brand stuff. His prices are reasonable but his shipping will be high as well.

C_D, that new CA Extra Power looks absolutely ridiculous. Thickest bat I have ever seen, looks bigger than the Sher I've got tbh; new love. :afridi

Cover Drive said:
Welcome to this thread :D!! It's better late than never.

To be honest, I am stuck with that question as well. I am personally from Lahore and am not aware of any store either. I do want to know as well. So I apologize for not being helpful in this question.

Uhmm MB Bubber Sher is a good choice indeed. However, I would like to know whether your budget is flexible or not. Bubber Sher retails around Rs. 9000. If you can spend a bit more then as cricketer13 Bhai said buy MB Bubber Sher Limited Edition rather than normal Bubber Sher. I have seen cricketer13 bhais Bubber Sher LE and it is awesome bat. I personally fell in love with that bat even though I am not a big fan of MB. By no mean I am trying to say that normal Bubber Sher is not a good bat. Bubber Sher is a great bat as well. But this decision comes to your budget.

As far grains goes I would recommend you something (as cricketer13 Bhai) said 8-11 grains. The reason why I said this is because in longer term it is beneficial for you as the bat will last you longer.

Again for weight what cricketer13 Bhai said is the way to go.

Hope it helps!

If you have anyother question(s) please don't hesitate to ask me.

Budget is not an issue, I live in Norway brother, it's like 3 quid for a can of coke here.

Thanks again for the input, I'll take it onboard, Is it possible to go directly to the manufacturer? Or better still, I wonder what the domestic players from Lahore do when it come's to equipment, Im sure most of them have to buy their stuff just like the rest of us.

Also, What about knocking in, oiling, toe guard and other extra things important for a bat, Is there somewhere where I can get this done? If the Bat provider cannot do it, or is it 100% likely he'll be able to offer these extra's too?

Poison said:
C_D, that new CA Extra Power looks absolutely ridiculous. Thickest bat I have ever seen, looks bigger than the Sher I've got tbh; new love. :afridi
I just saw the picture of it. I am not sure wheher its a T20 bat or not. If its a T20 bat then what it is that it has an inch shorter blade and inch longer handle. By that it allows the manufacture to have thicker edges in a low weight.

Buy a T20 bat if you are going after thickness. If Extra power is not a T20 bat then its edges are thinner than a T20 bat.

Another thing which makes bat manufacture have thick edges is the wood. If the wood is low density then it is light in weight and you get maximum possible thickness of the edges. It is quite hard to find this type of wood as it is generally reserved for international players :afridi

I hope it made sense

AtifUk said:
Budget is not an issue, I live in Norway brother, it's like 3 quid for a can of coke here.

Thanks again for the input, I'll take it onboard, Is it possible to go directly to the manufacturer? Or better still, I wonder what the domestic players from Lahore do when it come's to equipment, Im sure most of them have to buy their stuff just like the rest of us.

Also, What about knocking in, oiling, toe guard and other extra things important for a bat, Is there somewhere where I can get this done? If the Bat provider cannot do it, or is it 100% likely he'll be able to offer these extra's too?
lol I thought you were in UK..AtifUK

No worries mate! It was my pleasure

manufacturer's are located in Sailkot and yes it is possible to go to them and get a bat. I believe they would have high contacts or they themselves go to manufacturrer. I am pretty sure some would even buy from stores but its just that me and you are not aware of any big and reliable cricket equipment seller in Lahore. For instance, in Karachi there is UT Sports, MD Sports, Lords etc. I am sure there are similar in Lahore as well but we are not well aware of them.

If you are going after Bubber Shr Limited Edition then usually they are coated (Pardon me I can not recall what coating they have got :( ). With that coating you can not oil the bat.

However you have to knock in that bat. bats says ready to play but they always require knocking. You need to spend around 6-8 hours in knocking (I have never done that). You just have to knock the edges, round offthe edges and knock the toe area. Middle is generally knocked but it requires light knocking. At last knocking is never less.

Some sellers do offer it whereas some doesn't as i trequires good amount of time. Personally I would get it done from the seller if they do it as I never like to knock myself and am scared to do it myself as I always fear I might do soemthing wrong

Hope it helps!

If you have any other question(s) please don't hesitate asking me

I thought you were in UK..AtifUK

That statement is 100% correct my friend ;-)

I think finding a Lahore shop is a priority for a thread of this stature. I once sent my uncle to a store in Lahore which was recommended by Ata-ur-Rehman (Former neighbour and Club mate in Blackburn). I'll ask if he still remembers, mind you, this was around 8 or 9 years ago.

Uzair I got my GM bat back and they have restickered it as GM Flare but one small problem is because I took off the GM+ Icon 808 stickers myself & I gave them the blank bat. And they didnt know which model it was before so they restickered as lower grade 606. But the GM Flare looks 100x better then GM Icon. I will post some pictures later.

GMFLARE808.jpg

GMFLARE8081.jpg

GMFLARE8082.jpg

GMFLARE8083.jpg

GMFLARE8084.jpg

GMFLARESIDE.jpg

GM+ Icon DXM 808 (now stickered as GM Flare)

Last edited:
Uzair Bhai what do u think? I really like these stickers and even after I sanded down the bat a lot. I rounded off the edges and the spine so it doesn't get damaged but GM have made the bat look even bigger somehow.

Last edited:
Cover Drive said:
Ohh okay. It was a long gap indeed.

You made really good decision there. V3 pads, gloves and especially V10 everything sounds awesome. I personally like V3 pads alot.

Yes, V10 is their LE this year. I have heard lots of good things about V3 so V10 will certainly be better than V3.

If you don't mind then can I ask you where did you order the stuff from and where are you located? If an only if you feel comfortable answer these questions otherwise it's fine

Take Care

I am in Canada and got the stuff directly from AS factory contact. I hope it plays well. I think it is a better bargain than CA or MB specially if you are not going to buy it in Pakstan. What is your primary equipment i.e bats, softs this season.

Take Care.

Opener said:
I am in Canada and got the stuff directly from AS factory contact. I hope it plays well. I think it is a better bargain than CA or MB specially if you are not going to buy it in Pakstan. What is your primary equipment i.e bats, softs this season.

Take Care.
Oh you are in Canada as well?!?! I am in Brampton whereas about are you?

I agree with you. AS prices are better than CA and/or MB. I also find there shipping rates to be better than other two. In the end I think it was great decision as AS stuff is worth for it's value

My primary gear for this season is;

Newbery Krakatoa Players
GM Original Limited Edition pads and gloves

I have couple of other softs and bats as well but as you asked for primary then these are the one

Majid_V3 said:
Uzair Bhai what do u think? I really like these stickers and even after I sanded down the bat a lot. I rounded off the edges and the spine so it doesn't get damaged but GM have made the bat look even bigger somehow.
Majid Bhai, honestly Flare looks better than Icon. I never thought that Flare will look so good but it looks much better than Icon. Another thing I notice is that the brand looks sparkling new. You had sanded so much that I thought you ruined the shape but it looks it got even better. Edges look more meaty and overall it looks better than your Icon even when it was new.

Cover Drive said:
Majid Bhai, honestly Flare looks better than Icon. I never thought that Flare will look so good but it looks much better than Icon. Another thing I notice is that the brand looks sparkling new. You had sanded so much that I thought you ruined the shape but it looks it got even better. Edges look more meaty and overall it looks better than your Icon even when it was new.
Thats true it does look nice. If I better camera phone then this bat will look even better. And in flesh when you see the bat the stickers look stunning even better then GM apex.

xkalibur80 said:
What about just linseed oil....I haven't seen raw linseed oil as of yet.
It's pretty much same. At some places I have read it being Raw Linseed and at some places it says Linseed Oil.

Majid_V3 said:
Thats true it does look nice. If I better camera phone then this bat will look even better. And in flesh when you see the bat the stickers look stunning even better then GM apex.
Yaar imagine if bat is looking good with these pictures then think what if it was of better camera.

I hate Apex stickers and everything. To me it's garbage bat and I don't like it's stickers, profile etc

Yar Uzair bhai, Gengish just interviewed Umer Amin and according to him Umer will use Sachin bat on his debut so is there anyway you can ask him to get some close up pics of Sachin bat? :(

Last edited:
Cover Drive said:
It's pretty much same. At some places I have read it being Raw Linseed and at some places it says Linseed Oil.

Yaar imagine if bat is looking good with these pictures then think what if it was of better camera.

I hate Apex stickers and everything. To me it's garbage bat and I don't like it's stickers, profile etc

Hey CD. I need new pads, gloves, helmet, and a new bat (my Sher Amin is getting older and its 2.10 when i prefer a 2.7/2.8) at a reasonable price (Dont mind Pakistani/Asian brands as long as quality is there). I also noticed you live in Toronto. Being from New Jersey, I am guessing you know lots about cricket equipment availability in North America. Any idea as to who is the best option available in getting a great deal? Thanks

Obeid

Obeid said:
Hey CD. I need new pads, gloves, helmet, and a new bat (my Sher Amin is getting older and its 2.10 when i prefer a 2.7/2.8) at a reasonable price (Dont mind Pakistani/Asian brands as long as quality is there). I also noticed you live in Toronto. Being from New Jersey, I am guessing you know lots about cricket equipment availability in North America. Any idea as to who is the best option available in getting a great deal? Thanks

Obeid
Hey mate,

Selection of pads, gloves etc everything is dependent on your budget. What is your budget?

Secondly, what type of cricket you play and how is your game?

If you opt out and prefer to buy Pakistan brand range in North America then you will end up paying atleast double the pric you pay in Pakistan.

Rizwan25 said:
Yar Uzair bhai, Gengish just interviewed Umer Amin and according to him Umer will use Sachin bat on his debut so is there anyway you can ask him to get some close up pics of Sachin bat? :(
InshALLAH I will ask Genghis bhai to ask Umar Amin. However, Sachin's bat profile can be easily found on internet :)

BoomBoomAli said:
Id go for english softs and a pakistani bat mate.

I agree especially with the pads. I have both Pakistani and English pads and trust me Pakistani Pads are really bulky and they don't perfectly fit on your legs

stadidasbats.jpg

stadidasbats2.jpg

stadidasbats1.jpg

The middle bat in this picture above is exactly same shape Tendulkar uses.

Last edited:
Majid_V3 said:
When i play for Pakistan I'll also use my Sachin's adidas bat in my 1st match.
That's a nice looking bat but I think umer Amin has the MRF bat that he will be using in Asia cup.

cricketer13 said:
Hey friend, I am not sure of a store in Lahore maybe Zaidi Sports but can definitely recommend bats that you should choose from. I personally like Malik B.Sher Limited Edition (not normal bubber sher), so try getting your hands on that bat its an amazing piece of willow. Try going for a 2.9 as weight can vary depending on a pick up and opt to choose 8-10 grains so this bat can last you more. Other than this I would definitely recommend Ihsan inferno 950 and AS V3 or even CA 12000.

I would suggest NOT going to Zaidi sports, they have an extremely limited variety in bats, only a few CA bats and other local junk. Since they are low volume, you'll have to pay higher price for less selection. A better idea is to go to Anarkali, which is not far from Zaidi sports. There are at least 2 good shops there, one is Pakistan sports and I can't recall the name of the other. But you should have much more variety at these shops. If you have a lot of time, then you can shop around and check other places as well such as the shop in Liberty (under Shezan). However, if you'd rather just go to one place, I would suggest Anarkali.

Received the SS Superlite pads today and mashallah pads are top notch quality, very light and comfy. Also received a SS Yuvi super Grade 2 bat(£70) and SS Hitec-Pro batting gloves. I'll post pictures later.

I like your stance :yk

:)) jokes aside - those pads looking absolutely stunning, and so do the gloves (although not much as the pads :D). I've fallen in love with them, that's my next kit :D

xkalibur80 said:
Very nice Majid......I am loving those pads.....how much did they cost you after shipping?
Thanks bro - I got all of the kit from www.onlinestockist.com and pads cost £39 including shipping to uk but I got lots of things together so I saved money on shipping. I got 2 pairs of SS superlite pads, SS Yuvi bat & SS Hitec- Pro.

Paradox said:
I like your stance :yk

:)) jokes aside - those pads looking absolutely stunning, and so do the gloves (although not much as the pads :D). I've fallen in love with them, that's my next kit :D
thanks Bro. This kit is not my best I got another much higher grade SS kit, SS matrix pads & SS Millenium gloves & SS Matrix bat. Btw the design of the SS Hitec pro gloves am wearing in those pictures is old 2009 but the new SS Hitec pro 2010 batting gloves look like this.
SS Hitec Pro Gloves(blue camo)
ssgloves-2.jpg
ssgloves2-2.jpg

Btw thanks for the compliments. My technique is quite good and my stance is stylish coz I copy of Yasir Hameed but lots of my team mates say I play more like Younus Khan.

Last edited:
So Majid, can I ask, do you play for any teaM? And also, how do you afford so much equipment!

I only play league club cricket. And I only spend on cricket i dont really have any other responsibilities.

MashALLAH amazing stuff Majid Bhai!

Yaar the pads certainly look great and now I am highly tempted to buy them. Majid Bhai, are these superlite pads better than Matrix ones or not?

I rate SS very high when it comes to softs as they are one of the best maker of the soft range. Also Majid Bhai are Superlite pads quite light compare to Matrix or not?

Gloves look impressive as well and they look like Puma gloves. I really like the new design (blue cameo). Just wondering do the gloves have pittard palm or not?

I am going Pakistan next month so I think if I tell Ajit to send me stuff there then it will save me postage as I can always bring stuff along myself

Once again great kit!

Dare2Dream said:
I would suggest NOT going to Zaidi sports, they have an extremely limited variety in bats, only a few CA bats and other local junk. Since they are low volume, you'll have to pay higher price for less selection. A better idea is to go to Anarkali, which is not far from Zaidi sports. There are at least 2 good shops there, one is Pakistan sports and I can't recall the name of the other. But you should have much more variety at these shops. If you have a lot of time, then you can shop around and check other places as well such as the shop in Liberty (under Shezan). However, if you'd rather just go to one place, I would suggest Anarkali.
JazakALLAH Khair for telling me about these stores. I am from Lahore and was personally looking for few stores. I know the one in Liberty as my mom got me pads and gloves from there (last year). I had heard of Pakistan Sports as well but had never been there even though I have crossed it several times.

Once again JazakALLAH Khair.

Guys check out the picture I have attached. It was taken by Oxy Bhai.

Look at Abdul Razzaq's bat grains?!!?! They are impressive. Literally ruler straight and even spaced.

Attachments

• DSCF0038.jpg
    DSCF0038.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 476
Cover Drive said:
MashALLAH amazing stuff Majid Bhai!

Yaar the pads certainly look great and now I am highly tempted to buy them. Majid Bhai, are these superlite pads better than Matrix ones or not?

I rate SS very high when it comes to softs as they are one of the best maker of the soft range. Also Majid Bhai are Superlite pads quite light compare to Matrix or not?

Gloves look impressive as well and they look like Puma gloves. I really like the new design (blue cameo). Just wondering do the gloves have pittard palm or not?

I am going Pakistan next month so I think if I tell Ajit to send me stuff there then it will save me postage as I can always bring stuff along myself

Once again great kit!

No SS matrix are top of the range pad and these are mid range and have less padding then ss matrix pads but are lot more comfy and super ultra light weight. Pads are light like puma pads. If i ordered my gloves a week later then i would have got the new SS hitec pro (blue camouflage).
Ss Hitec are mid range gloves very good quality, comfy/light but dont have pittard leather. Only the Blue SS super test and new black SS millenium pro gloves have pittard leather.
Btw I dont think Ajit will ship to Pakistan bcoz its not easy sending parcels to pak frm india its just 2 much hassle.

That Razzaq's bat reminded me of Ajit's Max Grainer bats with over 15 grains on all bats and hes selling them for £90 including postage.

Majid_V3 said:
No SS matrix are top of the range pad and these are mid range and have less padding then ss matrix pads but are lot more comfy and super ultra light weight. Pads are light like puma pads. If i ordered my gloves a week later then i would have got the new SS hitec pro (blue camouflage).
Ss Hitec are mid range gloves very good quality, comfy/light but dont have pittard leather. Only the Blue SS super test and new black SS millenium pro gloves have pittard leather.
Btw I dont think Ajit will ship to Pakistan bcoz its not easy sending parcels to pak frm india its just 2 much hassle.
I was looking at Ajit's website and read the description. According to his description both (Matrix and Superlite) are test level pads.

The blue one definately looks great and are nice. You should have waited a week for the latest ones.

Now you have four pairs of pads right? RSB, Matrix, AS Tone and Superlite right? Yaar Majid Bhai why don't you post a picture of your whole kit?

I have Newbery Test gloves and they are exactly like SS Supertest. They don't have pittard palm but are really comfortable.

I think he won't. I was on his website checking shipping rates but when I added Pakistan address information it didn't work out.

Majid_V3 said:
That Razzaq's bat reminded me of Ajit's Max Grainer bats with over 15 grains on all bats and hes selling them for £90 including postage.
I have more pictures of Abdul Razzaq's bat which clearly show his bat profile and thickness of edges. Will post them here in a bit

Cover Drive said:
I was looking at Ajit's website and read the description. According to his description both (Matrix and Superlite) are test level pads.

The blue one definately looks great and are nice. You should have waited a week for the latest ones.

Now you have four pairs of pads right? RSB, Matrix, AS Tone and Superlite right? Yaar Majid Bhai why don't you post a picture of your whole kit?

I have Newbery Test gloves and they are exactly like SS Supertest. They don't have pittard palm but are really comfortable.

I think he won't. I was on his website checking shipping rates but when I added Pakistan address information it didn't work out.
Nahin I have 5 pairs of pads I got 2 pairs of ss superlite and one pair is for a friend. I fount abt the new design of ss hitec pro after my kit was despatched but doesnt matter bcoz am going to give these gloves away.
Its hard to take a picture of the whole kit coz I have 2 many things its difficult to get it altogether.

Last edited:
Majid_V3 said:
Nahin I have 5 pairs of pads I got 2 pairs of ss superlite and one pair is for a friend. I fount abt the new design of ss hitec pro after my kit was despatched but doesnt matter bcoz am going to give these gloves away.
Its hard to take a picture of the whole kit coz I have 2 many things its difficult to get it altogether.
I meant four different style of pads yaar

Acha so you bought one pair of pads for your friend. It's good as it save up shipping cost.

Ohh okay. MashALLAH you have big kit

Bats;

Newbery Krakatoa Players
Gray Nicolls Powerbow 3 Star
CA 12000 Plus
MB Malik Bubber Sher
Plain bat stickered as SS

Pads;

GM Original Limited Edition
Gray Nicolls Nitro 5 Star
CA 12000 Plus

Gloves;

GM Original Limited Edition
Ihsan Inferno 950
Ihsan Inferno 750
CA 12000 Plus
Newbery Test

Protection;

Aero P1 V6.0 Strippers
Adidas Pro Elbow Guard
Plain thigh pad and elbow guard
Yonker helmet
Albion C&D 98

Balls;

Duke
Kookaburra

Ali - once upon a time I used to have a similar collection. Unfortunately, gave everything away :(

Khabri420 said:
Ali - once upon a time I used to have a similar collection. Unfortunately, gave everything away :(
Arre bhai it is quite sad to hear that. Just out of curiosity what made you give away the stuff?

Cover Drive said:
Arre bhai it is quite sad to hear that. Just out of curiosity what made you give away the stuff?

Moved to the US and it wasn't being used so my parents gifted it to your buddies from Rahima ;-)

Khabri420 said:
Moved to the US and it wasn't being used so my parents gifted it to your buddies from Rahima ;-)
Ohh I remember where you are coming from :) :moyo

It seems there career has ended due to injuries and controversies :akhtar ;-)

CD - Nice stuff mate. Inshallah you will have a fantastic season. Mate, why did you prefer the Newbery over some of the other English bats? I am asking because if things go well for me this season I might get one by the end of the year. Thanks in advance.

Opener said:
CD - Nice stuff mate. Inshallah you will have a fantastic season. Mate, why did you prefer the Newbery over some of the other English bats? I am asking because if things go well for me this season I might get one by the end of the year. Thanks in advance.
JazakALLAH khair for the compliements mate :)

When I was to buy a Newbery I was stuck with decision between Newbery and Redback. For me first choice was Redback and everything had been finialized but the end the method of payment Gary accepts had bogged me down as he wanted bank transfer and didn't accept paypal nor anything else. Bank transfer was costing me addition $60 which was hurting me as I was paying around $330 for the bat and a pair of gloves. So because of that I then prefered Newbery as it was my second choice.

Reason why I had these two over bigger brands (like GM, GN, kokaburra etc) was becasue these two are from few batmakers whose bats are handmade. Apart from that these two brands solely focus on the quality of the bats rather than quantity which seems to be the case for GM, GN, Kookaburra etc. I by no mean am criticizing or saying GM, GN etc don't make good bats but what I am trying to sayis that when your target is to make 1000 bats then your quality of each bat does go down.

On the other hand, these two batmakers are one of the few who actually care about there quality rather than mass prodction. Apart from that Newbery and Redback's craftsmanship is one of the best. If you see ther ebats and compare there finishing with others then you would certainly get blown away.

InshALLAH next English bat would definately be Redback as I still love them passionately

I hope I answered your question

If you have any further question or think this wasnt answered properly then please don't hesitate in asking me.

JazakALLAH Khair

More pictures of Abdul Razzaq's bat. Once again thanks to Oxy Bhai for taking these pictures and sending them to us.

DSCF0033_wm_wm.jpg

DSCF0026_wm_wm.jpg

DSCF0024_wm_wm.jpg

DSCF0025_wm_wm.jpg

DSCF0022_wm_wm.jpg

From the pictures one can easily tell Abdul Razzaq uses actually AS V3 (but in porfessional range). The reason why I am saying that is because his bat has exactly same shape as V3 whereas handle, grip etc everything looks the same to me

Your thought?

Cover Drive said:
More pictures of Abdul Razzaq's bat. Once again thanks to Oxy Bhai for taking these pictures and sending them to us.

DSCF0033_wm_wm.jpg

DSCF0026_wm_wm.jpg

DSCF0024_wm_wm.jpg

DSCF0025_wm_wm.jpg

DSCF0022_wm_wm.jpg

From the pictures one can easily tell Abdul Razzaq uses actually AS V3 (but in porfessional range). The reason why I am saying that is because his bat has exactly same shape as V3 whereas handle, grip etc everything looks the same to me

Your thought?

You can clearly tell that he has had teh AS stickers taken off and put on teh BOOM BOOM stickers on :)

Dil Dil Pakistan said:
You can clearly tell that he has had teh AS stickers taken off and put on teh BOOM BOOM stickers on :)
When you change your sponsor there are 80% of chances you will use same old bat with new stickers

Cover Drive said:
When you change your sponsor there are 80% of chances you will use same old bat with new stickers

Most Probarbly yes, and i dont blame them. Reason being this season my personal bat has got a crack at the back, and i have to use nearly different each match while im in teh hunt for new bat without having to hurst my pocket.

Using different bat is not helping at all

**any help on my search for a new bat by the way any suggested shops in UK?

lol im waiting for majid to jump and correct you and tell us that he is indeed using a Boom Boom. Cricketers wouldnt lie like that !

If I had known that people were interested in this sort of stuff, I would have asked Razzaq myself!

Friend786 said:
why don't Nike manufacture cricket bats and equipments ?
Perhaps they are not good at making bats. If we look at Nikes rival Adidas, they don't manufacture gears either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back