Questions Regarding Cricket Equipment (Bats, Pads, Gloves etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
cricketer13 said:
WOW! Uzair bhai this bat is amazing. Perfect grains and weight. How much did u end up paying including customs and shipping.
JAzakALLAH Khair Sherry Bhai!

I did not pay customs whatsoever. Sherry Bhai, I have noticed that you get charged by Canadian Customs when shipment is coming via courier. I also bought Newbery Test gloves so I paid 230 Pounds for everything

Rizwan25 said:
Nice bat CD, how's is the pick up as compare to CA and Malik?
JazakALLAH Khair bhai!

Rizwan Bhai - you would have noticed that this bat has low sweetspot which does make the pickup get heavy (slightly), however, since this bat is 2.7 lbs so pick up is not that heavy. In fact, its superb and has got very good balance and pick up.

CA bats usually have higher sweetspot which makes it have a light pickup because of weight being on top (high to mid).

On the other hand, MB usually have low sweetspot so they tend to have low sweetspot. So in result they have heavy pickup.

If I were to compare this bat pickup with MB then I would say Newbery has quite better pickup

At last but not least, I must mention Newbery craftsmanship. It is certainly the best I have seen and it seems to have perfect finishing.

xkalibur80 said:
Very nice..........are you playing this year?

Yes, indeed!

cricketer13 Bhai - Hows your GM going mate?

Rizwan25 Bhai - Hows your AS V3 going? Did you like it?

xkalibur80 Bhai - Hows your CA 10000 Plus going? If I am correct you have sold it right?

Does anyone know where to buy a net?
I play casually but dont have an army of fielders with me.

Hi I bought Ihsan Inferno 950 Yesterday and one Ihsan Opner seems fine too will share pictures soon.

Cd, AS V3 is the best bat I have played with so far. Ping is just amazing and the light pick makes it easy to play pull and cut shots. It is also the thickest of all my CA and MB bats and still has the best pick up.

cricketer13 said:
This visit must have been amazing for you. Those plain bats look superb and have beautiful grains. Do you know how much were they selling these for?

MB wanted 16 000 for each bat since those bats in pictures are they best they had. 4 years ago i also bhought MB sher from them.

I will upload more pictures of my monty bat later tonight

A friend of mine was in Pakistan and visted IHSAN factory. They bat he got from them is just amazing never seen so big bat and ping of bat is just awesom. It cost him 15000 rupees and thats best bat i have seen.

Fawad2010 said:
Does anyone know where to buy a net?
I play casually but dont have an army of fielders with me.

I am pretty sure its a mesh so it can probably be purchased from Home Depot, Rona etc

Rizwan25 said:
Cd, AS V3 is the best bat I have played with so far. Ping is just amazing and the light pick makes it easy to play pull and cut shots. It is also the thickest of all my CA and MB bats and still has the best pick up.

Sounds really tempting. So far whoever has AS V3 has been full praised of the bat and I have not seen a single person being unhappy with V3. Sounds a great bat. I held my clubmates V3 and mate it was amazing! InshALLAH when I go Pakistan I am planning to buy AS top of the line bat. I am not sure but have you seen AS V10?

mrk said:
MB wanted 16 000 for each bat since those bats in pictures are they best they had. 4 years ago i also bhought MB sher from them.

I will upload more pictures of my monty bat later tonight

A friend of mine was in Pakistan and visted IHSAN factory. They bat he got from them is just amazing never seen so big bat and ping of bat is just awesom. It cost him 15000 rupees and thats best bat i have seen.

Those plain bats are amazing looking and they look really nice. Perfectly straight and evenly spread grains.

Was your MB Sher Amin one of those bat?

yeah i have seen AS V10 on their new website but i think it just the new stickers and another way of attracting customers.

Indeed it is! Perhaps they wanted to be more competitive with other brands whose top range bats are nowhere near Rs. 8000 so they couldn;t just increase price of V3. So in order to compete with others they might have come out with LE edition of AS V3

Cover Drive said:
I am pretty sure its a mesh so it can probably be purchased from Home Depot, Rona etc

Sounds really tempting. So far whoever has AS V3 has been full praised of the bat and I have not seen a single person being unhappy with V3. Sounds a great bat. I held my clubmates V3 and mate it was amazing! InshALLAH when I go Pakistan I am planning to buy AS top of the line bat. I am not sure but have you seen AS V10?

Those plain bats are amazing looking and they look really nice. Perfectly straight and evenly spread grains.

Was your MB Sher Amin one of those bat?

No since i went to Lahore and bhought MONTY bats. I have been to MB 3 times last time i did not bhought any bat from them.

mrk said:
No since i went to Lahore and bhought MONTY bats. I have been to MB 3 times last time i did not bhought any bat from them.
Ohh okay

Mind telling from where in Lahore you purchase(d) cricket equipments?

Thanks

Cover Drive said:
cricketer13 Bhai - Hows your GM going mate?

Rizwan25 Bhai - Hows your AS V3 going? Did you like it?

xkalibur80 Bhai - Hows your CA 10000 Plus going? If I am correct you have sold it right?

Yes I did....but ended up buying CA8000 which I may also end up selling.....

Rizwan25 said:

I second that opinion......this guy wanted to trade in his CA10000LE for my AS last week......I can't give it up, it;'s just too good

Cover Drive said:
Indeed it is! Perhaps they wanted to be more competitive with other brands whose top range bats are nowhere near Rs. 8000 so they couldn;t just increase price of V3. So in order to compete with others they might have come out with LE edition of AS V3

exactly!!!

AoA,

Nice bat Uzair Inshallah you will be the highest run scorer this year :).

I have couple of question guys.

As i mentioned in my earlier post i have a Gray Nicoll Fusion carbon handle bat bought in april 2008 first season i score a lot of runs last year(2009) it was ok but not that good the mistake i THINK i made was store my kit in the basement( i m in winnipeg, Canada) so the bat was in damp condition for almost 10 months so i guess thats why no ping anymore. Last year i try to repair it by my self what i did was remove the front protector (BIG Mistake)grind with sand paper oil it and knock it BUT it was not even close to what it was before so i am looking for suggestions or do you guys think i should move forward if you guys want i can post pictures as well.
Now i am looking for a bat, about my self i open for my team(left hander) from last 5 years
last month couple of guys came back from pakistan they bought CA Plus 10000 both bats are chipped one from the tow and other from back edge(which is ok to play but still) the mistake these guys did was no oil and but they did the knocking with mallet.
Somebody is comming from karachi first week of june, i am looking for a bat with light weight 2.7 is perfect and i am looking for only 2 seasons bat so 12 to 15 granes would be nice we play 12 games per season which means 25 games most i love to have CA 10000 Plus but now i think i will go with MB Bubber Sher my price range is 7500 to 8500 pkr.

So what do you guys think and i will be visitng Toronto next weekend can i get that clear fiber protector from qasra sports?

JazzakAllah Kher.
--Ali

xkalibur80 said:
I second that opinion......this guy wanted to trade in his CA10000LE for my AS last week......I can't give it up, it;'s just too good
llol..honestly it was a good trade ;-)

xkalibur80 said:
Yes I did....but ended up buying CA8000 which I may also end up selling.....
By any chance, did Faham buy CA 10000 Plus?

Do you mind if I ask you where did you buy CA 8000 Plus from and why would you sell it?

mufta77 said:
AoA,

Nice bat Uzair Inshallah you will be the highest run scorer this year :).

I have couple of question guys.

As i mentioned in my earlier post i have a Gray Nicoll Fusion carbon handle bat bought in april 2008 first season i score a lot of runs last year(2009) it was ok but not that good the mistake i THINK i made was store my kit in the basement( i m in winnipeg, Canada) so the bat was in damp condition for almost 10 months so i guess thats why no ping anymore. Last year i try to repair it by my self what i did was remove the front protector (BIG Mistake)grind with sand paper oil it and knock it BUT it was not even close to what it was before so i am looking for suggestions or do you guys think i should move forward if you guys want i can post pictures as well.
Now i am looking for a bat, about my self i open for my team(left hander) from last 5 years
last month couple of guys came back from pakistan they bought CA Plus 10000 both bats are chipped one from the tow and other from back edge(which is ok to play but still) the mistake these guys did was no oil and but they did the knocking with mallet.
Somebody is comming from karachi first week of june, i am looking for a bat with light weight 2.7 is perfect and i am looking for only 2 seasons bat so 12 to 15 granes would be nice we play 12 games per season which means 25 games most i love to have CA 10000 Plus but now i think i will go with MB Bubber Sher my price range is 7500 to 8500 pkr.

So what do you guys think and i will be visitng Toronto next weekend can i get that clear fiber protector from qasra sports?

JazzakAllah Kher.
--Ali
Waiyyakum

JazakALLAH Khair for the kind words Ali bhai :)

Yaar honestly I would say move on. Everything has a life and one day it has to die so just like this your Fusion is dead (in terms of ping). I would say its better to get a new bat rather than getting it repaired in which you will pay a good amount and even after that it is not guaranteed that it will perform. So my personal advice will be that lets move forward and get a new bat :D I am pretty sure the bat has been damaged because of storage in basement. I personally keep my cricket equipment in my closet so nothing happens to it. I find that the best place because theres no heating outlet nor theres any kind of dampness

If you have someone who is coming from Pakistan then the best bet would be to ask them to get you a new bat. The price range you have mentioned in that you can get AS V3 as well as MB Bubber Sher. Both are very good bats but I think it mainly depends what type of player you are and what type of bat you like to have. For instance, bubber Sher has low sweetspot whereas AS V3 has long sweetspot. Again as I said both are superb bats, no doubt about it

Also keep in mind there are many stores in Karachi, in fact, I would say Pakistan who sell fake bats by saying they are original. If you don't know then I would say tell your relatives or whoever is coming to Canada to get a bat from UT Sports (from who I have got bats and are 100% genuine and authentic.) or MD Sports (from cricketer13 bhai has got his bats). Personally I haven't been to either store as I am not from Karachi

If you have anymore question please don't hesitate asking me. I would ove to answer

Hope it helps

JazakALLAH Khair

Thanks Uzair yes i am going for new bat now and i always go to UT from last couple of years whenever i visit pakistan, infact my older brother was buying cricketing gears from mid 80's from UT. I'll ask my brother to go for MB Bubber Sher or AS V3 which ever bat has more granes and good balance in 2.7 weight.

Guys i am also looking for good light pads any recommendations?

--Ali
--

Dil Dil Pakistan said:
Hi All

I have been looking for a bat, seen the CA 10000 Bat at Amazon at sale price at £99.99, reduced from 299.99.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/10000-Crick...sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=sports&qid=1275072121&sr=1-1

Can someone check if it is worth buying it, meaning is there any hidden factor or something

**As it is my first Post, Hello to All

Hello Brother,

If i were you, i would ask the seller for more close up pictures as this image is taken from other website and you wont get this bat. Price seems ok if it includes shipping as well. If you are in UK, i would recommend you go to uzisports.com as I have heard good reviews about them.

mufta77 said:
Thanks Uzair yes i am going for new bat now and i always go to UT from last couple of years whenever i visit pakistan, infact my older brother was buying cricketing gears from mid 80's from UT. I'll ask my brother to go for MB Bubber Sher or AS V3 which ever bat has more granes and good balance in 2.7 weight.

Guys i am also looking for good light pads any recommendations?

--Ali
--
No worries!

One more thing since you want a bat to last long then I would say get a fewer grains bat (like 8-11) rather than something around 16

Edit: Forgot to write that for lightweight pads I would say go with CA 10000 Plus pads. Cricketer13 Bhai and xbalibulr80 Bhai boht have these pads and are always full praise of them

Last edited:
cricketer13 said:
Hello Brother,

If i were you, i would ask the seller for more close up pictures as this image is taken from other website and you wont get this bat. Price seems ok if it includes shipping as well. If you are in UK, i would recommend you go to uzisports.com as I have heard good reviews about them.
First of all welcome to PP! Hope you enjoy your stay here and have a great time!

I fully agree with you. Since it is not a original picture of the bat he has listed so I will definately ask him for bats pictures rather than believing its original. Do keep in mind that there are lots of fake bats floating in the market.

As far uzisports.co.uk goes they are very reliable and are reputable seller. I have bought stuff off them and am fully happy. Do give my reference if you want to (Uzair is my name)

Cover Drive said:
By any chance, did Faham buy CA 10000 Plus?

Do you mind if I ask you where did you buy CA 8000 Plus from and why would you sell it?

No he never came....I got CA8000 from UT again - got 3 of them actually and already sold 2 of them.

I have an offer for the last one now so let's see.

xkalibur80 said:
No he never came....I got CA8000 from UT again - got 3 of them actually and already sold 2 of them.

I have an offer for the last one now so let's see.
Ohh okay. Is there much of a difference in CA 8000 Plus and CA 10000 Plus willow and bat?

DSC02352.jpg

DSC02354.jpg

DSC02359.jpg

DSC02413.jpg

Bought 5 of these custom made grade 1 English Willow from www.onlinestockist.com bats(medium weights 35/36mm edges) few weeks ago and have already sold 4 of them and have kept one for myself. Online Stockist is an amazing seller all these bats are top notch quality.

Last edited:
newssyuvisuper.jpg

The SS YUVI 20/20 super grade 2 bat(2.9 33mm edges) I will receive this next week inshallah.

Cover Drive said:
Also Majid Bhai why don't you try Pakistani bats?
Uzair Bhai, I've sold few bats including SF saphire. Inshallah soon I will get CA PLUS 12000 and AS V10.

Majid_V3 said:
Uzair Bhai, I've sold few bats including SF saphire. Inshallah soon I will get CA PLUS 12000 and AS V10.
Arre yaar SF Saphire was amazing bat and I always wanted to buy it :)

InshALLAH I will be buying AS V10 as well when I go to Pakistan next month. I have also heard great things about MB Bubber Sher LE. In fact, I have seen it and it looks superb!

Asad Bhai, will also be in Pakistan so he might send bat(s) from Sailkot as I am not aware of any store in Lahore

Uzair its hard to get hold of pakistani bats here in the uk and overseas sellers like armie are not very helpful like before & hes always 2 busy. And thats why am going for more Indian bats because Ajit(online stockist) is a great seller and hes prices are very cheap. His bats are always excellent quality.

Cover Drive said:
Arre yaar SF Saphire was amazing bat and I always wanted to buy it :)

InshALLAH I will be buying AS V10 as well when I go to Pakistan next month. I have also heard great things about MB Bubber Sher LE. In fact, I have seen it and it looks superb!

Asad Bhai, will also be in Pakistan so he might send bat(s) from Sailkot as I am not aware of any store in Lahore

SF saphire was a good bat but it was 2.12 it felt slightly heavy for me to use because this season I am opening the batting. Acha your going pakistan and get me one bat from there like ca plus 12k or 10k or as v10. I emailed as abt the as v10 custom made bat few days back and they replied. Custom made as v10 costs £112 including shipping to uk.

Majid_V3 said:
Uzair its hard to get hold of pakistani bats here in the uk and overseas sellers like armie are not very helpful like before & hes always 2 busy. And thats why am going for more Indian bats because Ajit(online stockist) is a great seller and hes prices are very cheap. His bats are always excellent quality.
True, I fully agree with you! But Asad bhai can get hold of AS bat as he has good talking terms with them. Plus Asad Bhai's service is amazing. As I bought a Newbery off him a week ago and he was very helpful and always emailed and had sent me pictures etc.

Now I have noticed Armie Bhai's service has got better and he is offering good postage and price stuff. Plus I am pretty sure he is saying that it will not get charged or treated by customs.

Majid_V3 said:
SF saphire was a good bat but it was 2.12 it felt slightly heavy for me to use because this season I am opening the batting. Acha your going pakistan and get me one bat from there like ca plus 12k or 10k or as v10. I emailed as abt the as v10 custom made bat few days back and they replied. Custom made as v10 costs £112 including shipping to uk.

I always thought that it is heavy bat as it was 2.12. But since you are in England I thought that bat would be perfect for your conditions because it has low sweetspot and English pitches are slow and are low so thats why I thought it would be best for those conditions. However, the plain G! bat of JS Wright cleft looks great as well as it has big thick edges and seems like it has long low sweetspot. Mind telling weight of those bats yaar?

Are you sure they told you 112 Pounds shipped? Honestly, that price is very good price as you will not find any Pakistani bat for that price. Even if you convert into Rupees the price of the bat seems to be what they charge local people so I think it is a very good price especially it includes postage.

Majid Bhai, is AS V10 custom made? or there is an option of getting it custom made?

Last edited:
I haven't posted in this thread for a while, haven't played hard ball cricket for a while now :)) On holidays, so I'm only playing tape ball.

Paradox said:
I haven't posted in this thread for a while, haven't played hard ball cricket for a while now :)) On holidays, so I'm only playing tape ball.
:)) Where are you on holidays?

Also did you get pads and gloves you wanted to get a while ago?

Cover Drive said:
Are you sure they told you 112 Pounds shipped? Honestly, that price is very good price as you will not find any Pakistani bat for that price. Even if you convert into Rupees the price of the bat seems to be what they charge local people so I think it is a very good price especially it includes postage.

Majid Bhai, is AS V10 custom made? or there is an option of getting it custom made?
Uzair Bhai am sure the price is £112 incl shipping to UK and AS v10 is not custom made but there is option if u want it to be custom made to ur specs. And Uzair those plain bats are between 2.10-2.12 all have nice clean straight lush grains , pick up is light on all bats and edges on all are around 35/36mm. I got some more kit last week like SF powerbow pads, SS Sanagakkara batting & wicketkeeping LE gloves and SS matrix wicketeeping pads. I'll post pictures later of wicketeeping gear and SS gloves. I used SF powerbow pads on last sunday and sold them few days later. They were very good pads same design as SS matrix but didn't really need them tbh. I made good profit last week.

Uzair what do u think of the SS Yuvi 20/20 super bat? I got one of these from Ajit last year and it was a rocket bat I should never have sold it. Hopefully this one will be as good.

Uzair, today I removed the stickers on my GM Icon bat and I'll give it to the shop I bought it from on monday/tuesday and they will take it to the GM factory to re sticker it as GM Flare.

Majid_V3 said:
Uzair Bhai am sure the price is £112 incl shipping to UK and AS v10 is not custom made but there is option if u want it to be custom made to ur specs. And Uzair those plain bats are between 2.10-2.12 all have nice clean straight lush grains , pick up is light on all bats and edges on all are around 35/36mm. I got some more kit last week like SF powerbow pads, SS Sanagakkara batting & wicketkeeping LE gloves and SS matrix wicketeeping pads. I'll post pictures later of wicketeeping gear and SS gloves. I used SF powerbow pads on last sunday and sold them few days later. They were very good pads same design as SS matrix but didn't really need them tbh. I made good profit last week.
Then the price is really good for V10.

Ohh really? They definitely look heavier than that and those bats look really good. The grains are superb on them! Plus the edges are massive according to its weight.

Acha yaar do post pictures of Powerbow pads as well.I would love to see them. Your SS Matrix pads are amazing I must say once again!

Its good you made profit ;-)

Majid_V3 said:
Uzair what do u think of the SS Yuvi 20/20 super bat? I got one of these from Ajit last year and it was a rocket bat I should never have sold it. Hopefully this one will be as good.

Honestly, the bat looks superb! The grains are really straight and evenly spaced. It kinda looks like a G1 bat! The edges and everything looks great!

Majid Bhai, why don't you buy BAS?

Majid_V3 said:
Uzair, today I removed the stickers on my GM Icon bat and I'll give it to the shop I bought it from on monday/tuesday and they will take it to the GM factory to re sticker it as GM Flare.
:O:O Huh?!

Yaar those stickers were really nice in my opinion and they matched really nicely with your RSB pads and 606 gloves. Its sad you have removed them :( However, Flare stickers are not that bad either. They look nice as well. I just hope they don't reshape the bat as your Icon had very good shape

Image0712.jpg

Image0714.jpg

Image0716.jpg

I only have these pictures of SF Powerbow pads. I cant take anymore because I sold them 2 days ago. I'll take some pictures of rest of the kit later.

Last edited:
Cover Drive said:
:O:O Huh?!

Yaar those stickers were really nice in my opinion and they matched really nicely with your RSB pads and 606 gloves. Its sad you have removed them :( However, Flare stickers are not that bad either. They look nice as well. I just hope they don't reshape the bat as your Icon had very good shape
sticker were good but I never liked them tbh. The shape wont change and they wont touch the balance of the bat. But I have messed up the bow/feel of the bat slightly by sanding it 2 much. when the bat was new it has a slight bow but now it feels like a straight bat. Hopefully GM will restore bow shape feel again.

Majid_V3 said:
Image0712.jpg

Image0714.jpg

Image0716.jpg

I only have these pictures of SF Powerbow pads. I cant take anymore because I sold them 2 days ago. I'll take some pictures of rest of the kit later.
To be honest Majid bhai, the SS Matrix looks better and nicer because they seems to have good colour scheme and finishing in my opinion.

Yeah do take pictures of rest of the kit when you have time

Majid_V3 said:
sticker were good but I never liked them tbh. The shape wont change and they wont touch the balance of the bat. But I have messed up the bow/feel of the bat slightly by sanding it 2 much. when the bat was new it has a slight bow but now it feels like a straight bat. Hopefully GM will restore bow shape feel again.
Ohh okay. Seems like you had sanded it alot that the bow had been disappeared whereas I believe the weight might have been reduced as well.

I am pretty sure GM will refurb it and restore the bow and make it look like a brand new bat :)

Hello cover. I was told the reason my bat vibrates at the bottom is because it is of grade 1 willow which is more harder than other grades of willow so hence it will take more knocking in to soften the fibres - Apparently the manufactures of the bats do this intentionally so the bats won't break but at the cost of performance where as International cricketers though given grade 1 bats will have the blades much softly pressed but more likely to crack or break up.
Anyway its a Kookaburra Ice, I will post pics of it tomorrow.

Hi mate,

Hope you are well and are having great time!

I am not sure if its done intentionally or not but toe area always require most amount of knocking as it is weakest area of the bat, hence, it should be knocked for a while.

International players are giving and they prefer soft pressed bats because those bats perform right away and they ping really nice in the beginning. However, they have shorter life span when comparing to a hard pressed bat. So for international players they will always want a bat which will perform right away so soft press is the way to move forward. Whereas on the other hand, hard pressed takes a while to open up, thus, it has a long life span.

Yeah do post pictures if you an as that would be great thing to do.

Regards

Im thinking of buying some GM original gloves, does anyone know any websites with reasonable prices?

My dad was in India a couple of days ago though and said if I wanted anything - I asked him for a pair of batting gloves and inner gloves, any brand would do as I just wanted an extra pair of gloves just in case, and I don't like using the same pair of gloves for games and practice/nets too.

He's arriving in a few hours, let's see what he gets me :))

BoomBoomAli said:
Im thinking of buying some GM original gloves, does anyone know any websites with reasonable prices?
Uhmm try kitbag.com if not then Owzat is quite decent (for me atleast)

They're pretty good, worth the money.. he got it for 590 Indian rupees, so that's 13 Canadian Dollars, Uzair. Not 'special' gloves like with a black palm and all, but it's good anyway, the quality is great. Recommended if you need a decent pair of gloves, 5/5 ;-)

Cover Drive said:
Not bad. I hope they go well for you and last you long :)

Haha, hopefully! I only use my Sher Amin gloves and pads for games.. I'll use these for nets/practice and most probably friendly matches and all. :)

Ok so my two new bats.

I dont like these extra grips I will get some new cool once.

Ihsan Opner

img0117m.jpg

img0116ol.jpg

img0119vn.jpg

img0126ja.jpg

Ihsan Inferno 950

img0122em.jpg

img0120z.jpg

img0121t.jpg

img0125hj.jpg

img0124bj.jpg

Last edited:
Paradox said:
They're pretty good, worth the money.. he got it for 590 Indian rupees, so that's 13 Canadian Dollars, Uzair. Not 'special' gloves like with a black palm and all, but it's good anyway, the quality is great. Recommended if you need a decent pair of gloves, 5/5 ;-)
$13 CAD are like Rs. 1000 so they don't sound bad! Nahh there many gloves out there by big brands who are still using white calf palm :)

Paradox said:
Haha, hopefully! I only use my Sher Amin gloves and pads for games.. I'll use these for nets/practice and most probably friendly matches and all. :)

Ohh okay. It is always good to have spare pair in your bag.

Awesome bats dhump! Inferno 950 does looks good! I hope both of these bats score tons of runs for you and last really long!

Ali Bhai - Very very good choice indeed. These gloves look very nice and I am sure you will love them! I like GM gloves as they are made really well, more importantly, they are comfortable.

Cover Drive said:
Awesome bats dhump! Inferno 950 does looks good! I hope both of these bats score tons of runs for you and last really long!

Ali Bhai - Very very good choice indeed. These gloves look very nice and I am sure you will love them! I like GM gloves as they are made really well, more importantly, they are comfortable.

just out of interest, without me having to look through 32 pages, what gear are you currently using?

do you prefer sub continental equipment or english/australian?

cheers mate :afridi

BoomBoomAli said:
just out of interest, without me having to look through 32 pages, what gear are you currently using?

do you prefer sub continental equipment or english/australian?

cheers mate :afridi
Here's my kit breakdown;
Bats;
GN Powerbow 3 Star
CA 12000 Plus
MB Malik Bubber Sher
Newbery Krakatoa Players
Plain Pakistani Bat

Pads;
CA 12000 (Barely use them)
GM Original Limited Edition
Gray Nicolls 5 Star

Gloves;
GM Original Limited Edition
Newbery Test
CA 12000 Plus
MB Malik Sher Amin
Ihsan Inferno 750
Ihsan Inferno 950

Protection;
Adidas Pro Elbow Guard
Plain Arm Guard
Aero P1 Strippers

Helmet;
Albion C&D 98
Yonker
(InshALlAH will buy a new one soon)

I prefer English/Australian but that doesn't mean Asian stuff is not good. It is as good as them if not then slightly lower but they are great as well!

Cheers

Opener said:
Guys what do you think about this website: http://www.smarkcoenterprises.com/home.htm for people in North America. Prices seem reasonable. Thanks
To be honest, prices are not that great. They are a bit high. But it depends who you are comparing the prices with. If you compare prices with your local stores then they are reasonable whereas if you compare with UT Sports or CA Factory then they are high.

Hope it helps :)

If you have anyother question please don't hesitate to ask them.

Majid_V3 said:
kookgm.jpg

kookgm3.jpg

kookgm5.jpg

Kookaburra Kahuna 300 and blank GM+ Icon 808 bat
Majid Bhai, GM still looks new. To be honest, even after so much sanding GM still seems to have a slight bow in it.

Kook bat looks really good in terms of cosmetic and doesn't seem to be G3. It seems more like G2

SF platinum laminated bat. 2.11lb, 43mm edges(www.onlinestockist.com)
sflaminated.jpg

sflaminated1.jpg

newssyuvisuper22.jpg

This SS Yuvi 20/20 super bat will receive this in few days inshallah with 2 pairs of SS super lite pads and SS hitec pro gloves
2387232.jpg
2387227.jpg
2387228.jpg

Last edited:
Superlite pads look really nice. I like the design of the pads as I am find of modern style pads. If I buy any traditional style pads then it will be Newbery as I have hear there soft is one of the best in the market. However, I like your SS Matrix pads as well. They look like Newbery pads which make sense because SS makes Newbery pads. The gloves are nice as well as. They look like Pumas so the design is certainly great of the gloves.

Cover Drive said:
Majid Bhai, GM still looks new. To be honest, even after so much sanding GM still seems to have a slight bow in it.

Kook bat looks really good in terms of cosmetic and doesn't seem to be G3. It seems more like G2
GM does look new and i only used it twice and all the other bat si used more still look kind of new. The Kookaburra Kahuna bat is my friends bat, he gave it 2 me to oil and knock in. Bat is pressed very hard compared 2 my kook blade but it has improved when i oiled it & knocked it in. I had a look at all the kook kahuna 300 bats at the cricket shop and they had much better grains then this bat and all of them looked like Grade 1-2 bats. My friend could have picked a better bat but I dont think he knows much about bats.

Majid_V3 said:
GM does look new and i only used it twice and all the other bat si used more still look kind of new. The Kookaburra Kahuna bat is my friends bat, he gave it 2 me to oil and knock in. Bat is pressed very hard compared 2 my kook blade but it has improved when i oiled it & knocked it in. I had a look at all the kook kahuna 300 bats at the cricket shop and they had much better grains then this bat and all of them looked like Grade 1-2 bats. My friend could have picked a better bat but I dont think he knows much about bats.
Oops my bad. I got confused and thought it was your Blade. Aren't Kookaburra bats soft pressed? If I remember correctly your Blade was soft pressed, right? Personally I like your Blade better than Kahuna as it has better profile and thicker edges.

Yaar how's your King Cobra going?

Majid Bhai, what do you say about Kookaburra gloves? I am starting to like them..

Oxy said:
What an amazing thread!!!!
Indeed it is! InshALLAH it will go even further and further.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back