Questions Regarding Cricket Equipment (Bats, Pads, Gloves etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ali Raja said:
I used the 'contact us' option on his site. I will send him from my mail now.
Uhmm I am not sure if that works or not as that website is new. I would recommend you to email him from that email address

BoomBoomAli said:
the white gold isnt for slogging it is really effective for pushing and nerdling into gaps and also for driving and cutting, it has a good middle but doesnt ping as much as the sher amin.

the other malik is one ive used for 5 years, i have taken real good care of it and absolutely love it.

Oh okay so it means the blade is not as thick as other bats?

yes thats exactly what i mean lol, if it was a player it would be a fawad alam rather then a razzaq or afridi

Hey CD - AOA - How are you doing?

Any recc for best pads, gloves and helmet pls???? from experinec or recent introduction - not too exopensive?

Asalamalakium Warakamatulilahi Wabarakatuhu Bhai,

Alhamdulilah, I am fine thanks for concern

Hope you are well!

Yaar you want to get stuff from Pakistan?

JazakALLAH Khair

I read your inital post and since you are in UK I would also recommend you using uzisports as well. Asad bhai there is really good. Even though I haven't bought anything from him but he is reliable and very trust worthy. He will surely get you really good pads at a really good price.

I would suggest you to drop an email to Asad Bhai and give Rehan Bhai's reference (as he has bought stuff from him). Tell him your budget and I am sure he will crack you a really good deal

If you have any question then please don't hesitate asking me

ca_golds Newbery Krakatoa.

DSC_0210.jpg

DSC_0228.jpg

nb3.jpg

nb4.jpg

nb5.jpg

nb6.jpg

nb7.jpg

nb8.jpg

The bat looks great so I thought I would share the pictures with you guys. The bat is in 2.7 and it definitely seems to be greater than that weight tag. I am also impressed with Asad Bhai's bat quality. This bat is players and it seems like a SPS range

Kudos to Asad bhai and uzisports!

That is one hell of a bat...I also got my CA 10K on Saturday. It is 2.8lbs but seems heavier than that.

I will post pictures soon.

does anyone have any info on this new boom boom bat razzaq is using? someone on another thread said fawad alam is sponsored by them also but i dont know.

BoomBoomAli said:
does anyone have any info on this new boom boom bat razzaq is using? someone on another thread said fawad alam is sponsored by them also but i dont know.
What information are you looking for? Any specifc questions?

Yes, Fawad Alam is also sponsored by them

I think you did not read Umran Khan's interview.

If you didn't then do so

http://www.pakpassion.net/articles/...interview_with_umran_khan_of_aces_middle_east

I am sure you will like it because it has to do alot with equipments

JazakALLAH Khair Hammad Bhai!

We appreciate it!

By the way, I am pretty sure Fawad Alam is not using Boom Boom pads :)

Here are the pics of my CA 10k....

Attachments

• DSC00268_opt.jpg
    DSC00268_opt.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 127
  • DSC00267_opt.jpg
    DSC00267_opt.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 127
  • DSC00266_opt.jpg
    DSC00266_opt.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 119
  • DSC00269_opt.jpg
    DSC00269_opt.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC00265_opt.jpg
    DSC00265_opt.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Omair bhai it looks really good! The grains are beautiful! Evenly distributed, clean straight grains and list goes on

I hope it goes really well for you and you score tons of runs with it

So are you keeping it?

The gloves look amazing as well! Did you feel the softness of those gloves?

Cover Drive said:
Omair bhai it looks really good! The grains are beautiful! Evenly distributed, clean straight grains and list goes on

I hope it goes really well for you and you score tons of runs with it

So are you keeping it?

The gloves look amazing as well! Did you feel the softness of those gloves?

Thanks Uzair....I agree that it is a beautiful piece of wood. I am not sure if I will keep it as the bat is a bit heavy for my liking....my AS is only 2.7 and although CA is only 1 ounce heavier, I can feel the difference.

I have a feeling that it is closer to 2.10

I love the gloves.....they are very soft and the inside is very comfortable compared to my Ihsan's.

They also snug on nicely which helps.

xkalibur80 said:
Thanks Uzair....I agree that it is a beautiful piece of wood. I am not sure if I will keep it as the bat is a bit heavy for my liking....my AS is only 2.7 and although CA is only 1 ounce heavier, I can feel the difference.

I have a feeling that it is closer to 2.10

I love the gloves.....they are very soft and the inside is very comfortable compared to my Ihsan's.

They also snug on nicely which helps.
Ohh okay. Perhaps this bat is not of your liking :(

If you list it up on local classifieds I am sure you will get a good price sooner or later

Nice bat Omair, looks like you are becoming a collector as well :)

By the way where did u buy it and how much did it cost you?

How do you like this CA bat as compare to your ASV3?

Rizwan25 said:
Nice bat Omair, looks like you are becoming a collector as well :)

By the way where did u buy it and how much did it cost you?

How do you like this CA bat as compare to your ASV3?

Thanks Rizwan....not much of a collector yet but PPers are slowly but surely influencing me in that direction....LoL

I got it for Rs 9500 which is around $120 CDN

I haven't played with this one yet but I absolutely love AS V3....very light pick up and the ball flies once you connect. I can foresee CA 10K being better though as the wood seems better.

xkalibur80 said:
Thanks Rizwan....not much of a collector yet but PPers are slowly but surely influencing me in that direction....LoL

I got it for Rs 9500 which is around $120 CDN

I haven't played with this one yet but I absolutely love AS V3....very light pick up and the ball flies once you connect. I can foresee CA 10K being better though as the wood seems better.
No doubt about the performance of ASV3 but you still gotta a real good price for CA bat bro. Would you mind telling us where did u get it cuz I know it cost more then Rs 12000 in sport shops in pak?

Did you oil your AS bat?

Rizwan25 said:
No doubt about the performance of ASV3 but you still gotta a real good price for CA bat bro. Would you mind telling us where did u get it cuz I know it cost more then Rs 12000 in sport shops in pak?

Did you oil your AS bat?
If you don't mind me answering it then Omair bhai got it from UT Sports.

I hope you are not confusing yourself with CA 12000 Plus

That price is CA 10000 Plus price :)

Hope it helps!

Cover Drive said:
If you don't mind me answering it then Omair bhai got it from UT Sports.

I hope you are not confusing yourself with CA 12000 Plus

That price is CA 10000 Plus price :)

Hope it helps!

Thanks Uzair bhai, I think I did confuse myself with CA 12000 but still that's a good price for this bat.

No worries!

Indeed it is good price for CA 10000 Plus

Just out of curiosity, how's your AS V3 going?

Cover Drive said:
No worries!

Indeed it is good price for CA 10000 Plus

Just out of curiosity, how's your AS V3 going?

AS V3 is going good for me so far, ping is just awesome and ball really shoots of the middle. Its a good investment over all.

CA, can you update the first post of this thread with all the prices the people have paid for all the bats mentioned in this thread.?

This was if someone is trying to find out the prices the people have paid for CA12K or Sher Amin...they can find it on first page and not have to search through this huge thread?

Cover Drive said:
ca_golds Newbery Krakatoa.

DSC_0210.jpg

DSC_0228.jpg

The camera results are equally impressive like the bat itself.
I assume it's a Sony since the fine names start with DSC ...
ca-gold, mind telling me which brand and model is this camera as I am in the market to buy a digital camera.

Thanks

Koenigsegg said:
Send me an email at adil_nyc@hotmail.com
I will be able to meet you in Queens after Saturday afternoon till Sunday evening .. gotta flight to catch from LGA afterwards.

thanks for the comments bro. sorry i dont check in everyday.
the camera is a nikon d40...with an external flash - and a bit of editing on adobe.

my own advice would be not to get a sony - go with nikon or a cannon. nikons are slightly easier to use.

dont get fooled into buying an expensive model - learn how to take pics, and you'll realize you dont need all the gizmos and extra features.

The new website looks great. There's lots of new bats which have been added. I hae noticed that they have become first Pakistani bat manufacter to make a T20 bat. It looks great. InshALLaH will definately consider buying it

Cover Drive said:
The new website looks great. There's lots of new bats which have been added. I hae noticed that they have become first Pakistani bat manufacter to make a T20 bat. It looks great. InshALLaH will definately consider buying it

how are you uzair
and hows your new bat performing?
I want to see more pictures of the AS V10 bat

usman_ash14 said:
how are you uzair
and hows your new bat performing?
I want to see more pictures of the AS V10 bat
Alhamdulilah, Usman Bhai. I am doing great. How about yourself? JazakALLAH Khair for askig

Pardon me but which new bat are we talking about?

It seems to be a good bat. However I am interested in that T20 bat and AS Mongoose bat. They both look great and awesome bats. I am really tempted towards AS now.

By the way, how's your Salix and AS performing?

You didn't get your karkatoa yet?
Salix still haven't used it yet even in nets but AS is performing really well so far.
Gem of a bat!

I like the new effects on AS bat stickers.

I just had a look at V10 again and it pretty much looks like V3. Since V3 seems to be top bat for AS and is most expensive I am assuming these T20 or even Mongoose will be Rs. 7000 or less

Yeah that's probably the case.
From what I have seen, AS charge just the rigt amount for their products.

usman_ash14 said:
You didn't get your karkatoa yet?
Salix still haven't used it yet even in nets but AS is performing really well so far.
Gem of a bat!

I like the new effects on AS bat stickers.
The above Krakatoa is not mines. It's ca_gold's. I inserted pictures for him. However, I have ordered one as well

So far I have not seen anyone who is disappointed with AS V3

usman_ash14 said:
Yeah that's probably the case.
From what I have seen, AS charge just the rigt amount for their products.
That so true. In my eyes AS is very underrated brand.

The AS is illegal for use in cricket. The cane handle is more than 50% of the total bat length. It also has a splice in the blade, meaning the sweetspot would be very small. They are also using a trademarked name to sell the bat...

Mongoose copies aside, there are lots of interesting thoughts on various bats on this thread.

Last edited:
02thoeva said:
The AS is illegal for use in cricket. The cane handle is more than 50% of the total bat length.

They are also using a trademarked name to sell the bat...
Tom, do you mind elaborating more on it? Also which bat are you referring to?

Thanks

The 'A.S. Icon MMi 3' MMi3 is a registered trademark and the design is registered

For the AS T20 it's just a direct copy of Newbery's Uzi descriptions.

AS make reasonable bats though, they go very nicely and are in some huge profiles. But the wood is dry, the finish is poor and the handles leave a little to be desired.

02thoeva said:
The AS is illegal for use in cricket. The cane handle is more than 50% of the total bat length. It also has a splice in the blade, meaning the sweetspot would be very small. They are also using a trademarked name to sell the bat...

Mongoose copies aside, there are lots of interesting thoughts on various bats on this thread.
Uhmm have you trademarked the name though?

Just to confirm even though I am pretty certain about it that your Mongoose don't have splice, right? I am talking about MMi3

02thoeva said:
The 'A.S. Icon MMi 3' MMi3 is a registered trademark and the design is registered

For the AS T20 it's just a direct copy of Newbery's Uzi descriptions.

AS make reasonable bats though, they go very nicely and are in some huge profiles. But the wood is dry, the finish is poor and the handles leave a little to be desired.
Hmm that sounds interesting. So yu are saying that term "MMi3" is registered and the design is registered as well? It was a bit wired to hear that the design was registered although I have never heard of that in past.

Many people copy descriptions. Forget descriptions some people call there bats a specific brand bats although they are different brand

I guess in order to get maximum amount of wood on a bat it should be dried and must be a low denstiny one rather than a proper cleft. For example, if you look at Lekka T20 bat then they are using low denstiny wood so maximum amount of wood can be achieved

Yes, MMi3 is a registered trademark. For designs search "design registrations" again it's very common especially in the car industry.

Neither Mongoose (CoR3 or MMi3) has a splice in the blade. The AS Icon bat has a handle that does, therefore there is a lower performance gain, a smaller sweetspot and it's illegal in all forms of cricket (the handle would exceed 52% of the total length of the bat).

Cover Drive said:
I guess in order to get maximum amount of wood on a bat it should be dried and must be a low denstiny one rather than a proper cleft. For example, if you look at Lekka T20 bat then they are using low denstiny wood so maximum amount of wood can be achieved
There's a difference between overdried and low density. A low density cleft is cut from the tree and is naturally lighter.

An overdried cleft is a regular cleft, which has the moisture taken out of it by way of a kiln which reduces the weight significantly but it also reduces life span greatly. It's done to look good on a shelf (or on a forum) basically.

02thoeva said:
Yes, MMi3 is a registered trademark. For designs search "design registrations" again it's very common especially in the car industry.

Neither Mongoose (CoR3 or MMi3) has a splice in the blade. The AS Icon bat has a handle that does, therefore there is a lower performance gain, a smaller sweetspot and it's illegal in all forms of cricket (the handle would exceed 52% of the total length of the bat).
Make sense. Thanks for clearing it out Tom :). I appreciate it

Ooo I get what you mean. That splice which is being added in the bat is exceeding the length of handle by 2%. Make sense. I do agree with you on the fact that sweetspot will be shorter. I had noticed that at first place as well. One can also notices that there is a swell on the bat which tells that sweetspot is restricted whereas if you look Mongoose then weight has been evenly distributed throughout the bat. Right?

I just have a question for you that in CoR3 the bat blade is normal length right? And the handle is of same length as normal handle right? Or blade is one inch shorter and handle is one inch longer? Like T20 bats

Exactly right with the first/second paragraphs. The CoR3 is a 1" shorter blade, 1" longer handle combo.

02thoeva said:
There's a difference between overdried and low density. A low density cleft is cut from the tree and is naturally lighter.

An overdried cleft is a regular cleft, which has the moisture taken out of it by way of a kiln which reduces the weight significantly but it also reduces life span greatly. It's done to look good on a shelf (or on a forum) basically.
Makes sense. Once again thanks for clearing this out Tom

So is it difficult to find a low density cleft? Basically what's the difference between normal cleft or normal bats and low density clefts?

02thoeva said:
Exactly right with the first/second paragraphs. The CoR3 is a 1" shorter blade, 1" longer handle combo.
Great!

As you said it doesn't have splice then it means the blade is going in the handle rather than the handle going into the bat right?

I reallylike your MMi3. Hopefully near future we will make a deal :)

A very low density cleft is very difficult to find, average county players and Internationals don't get them. The only way to be sure you're getting one is to visit a batmaker and weigh all their clefts.

This article here is a good one on moisture content in willow: http://www.cricket-stuff.co.uk/?p=250

02thoeva said:
A very low density cleft is very difficult to find, average county players and Internationals don't get them. The only way to be sure you're getting one is to visit a batmaker and weigh all their clefts.

This article here is a good one on moisture content in willow: http://www.cricket-stuff.co.uk/?p=250
Two international players name which came in my mind right away are Shahid Afridi and Sachin Tendulkar. I am pretty sure both of these batsman use low density cleft.

Thanks for providing the link to that article. Will have a look at it

CA White Gold, a new addition to my collection :)

Attachments

• IMG00110-20100523-1447.jpg
    IMG00110-20100523-1447.jpg
    302.3 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG00111-20100523-1447.jpg
    IMG00111-20100523-1447.jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG00112-20100523-1447.jpg
    IMG00112-20100523-1447.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG00116-20100523-1449.jpg
    IMG00116-20100523-1449.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG00114-20100523-1448.jpg
    IMG00114-20100523-1448.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 276
Looks quite decent. Nice clean face with evenly spread grains. Just out of curiosity how much did you pay for it?

By any chance you are fond of soft gears?

JazakALLAH Khair

My cousin knows someone who works at the CA factory so he got me this bat. I wanted CA 1000 LE or 12K but the guy said you don't wana pay more just because of stickers and there isn't much difference so as a result he got me this bat. Its a good peace of willow but not as thick as my AS bat :)

Ohh okay sounds fair. Sometimes its just stickers which fools people. In CA's range one can notice that most of there bats are similar in shapes as mostly all of them have high-mid sweetspot. If I were them I would have different shapes bat as well rather than launching 3-5 new bats a year

Does anyone know current price of following bats(UT Sports prices if possible):

1) Malik Bubber Sher, is it available in 2.7?
2) Malik Sher Amin
3) CA 12000 plus
4) CA 10000 Plus.
5) AS V3

Also if somebody know a good repair shop in toronto i have to show my Gray Nicolls Fusion XTI bat it lost its charm with in 2 years.

Jazakullah.

Last edited:
mufta77 said:

2) Malik Sher Amin
3) CA 12000 plus
4) CA 10000 Plus.
5) AS V3

Also if somebody know a good repair shop in toronto i have to show my Gray Nicolls Fusion XTI bat it lost its charm with in 2 years.

Jazakullah.

1) Malik Bubber Sher, is it available in 2.7? Yes it is available-Rs.8800
2) Malik Sher Amin- RS 6000 (MD sells it for 5500 if u buy 2 or more)
3) CA 12000 plus- RS 13500
4) CA 10000 Plus.-RS 8700
5) AS V3-RS 8000

mufta77 said:

2) Malik Sher Amin
3) CA 12000 plus
4) CA 10000 Plus.
5) AS V3

Jazakullah.

For gray nicolls i wud recommend Qasra sports (401 and carlingview) or AK pro (oakville)

Got my Newbery a week or so ago

Here are the pictures

DSC03784.jpg

DSC03786.jpg

(Inspired by ca_gold's picture taking style :D. I hope he doesn't mind)

DSC03783.jpg

DSC03741.jpg

DSC03743.jpg

DSC03744.jpg

Last edited:
Pictures from my visit to MB factory in Sialkot and 2 new bats i bhought from MONTY SPORTS.

montybats005.jpg

That on left WAS great bat used it 3 years now its broken :(( Hvae new MONTY BAT will post pictures later.

montybats006.jpg

lahoresialkotturen003.jpg

lahoresialkotturen005.jpg

Last edited:
mrk said:
Pictures from my visit to MB factory in Sialkot and 2 new bats i bhought from MONTY SPORTS.

montybats005.jpg

That on left WAS great bat used it 3 years now its broken :(( Hvae new MONTY BAT will post pictures later.

montybats006.jpg

lahoresialkotturen003.jpg

lahoresialkotturen005.jpg

This visit must have been amazing for you. Those plain bats look superb and have beautiful grains. Do you know how much were they selling these for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back