Questions Regarding Cricket Equipment (Bats, Pads, Gloves etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
cricketer13 said:
I second that. He should consider this option and get MB bubber sher and ASV3.
Theres no harm in paying $30-$50 extra and getting a bat from a reputable seller who stocks legit stuff

aahhhhh daal dia na paani baalti mein, lol, tum dono mujhay koi bat leinay na daina :p (joking)

CA seems fine price wise, and i was a bit skeptical about the GN XPP being around 190, oh well, i guess i'll pay heed and ignore these bats/seller. only good thing coming out of this was the bat prices and the sellers guarantee of bats not being drilled (if they did him replacing).

o well back to square one, lol.

baalti said:
aahhhhh daal dia na paani baalti mein, lol, tum dono mujhay koi bat leinay na daina :p (joking)

CA seems fine price wise, and i was a bit skeptical about the GN XPP being around 190, oh well, i guess i'll pay heed and ignore these bats/seller. only good thing coming out of this was the bat prices and the sellers guarantee of bats not being drilled (if they did him replacing).

o well back to square one, lol.
Who was the seller? I know a guy as well who give guarantee that they will not get drilled. If they do he will replace or refund

Yaar we are helping you out. If you want to buy then go ahead you can but we are helping you out. If you buy fake or original it wouldn't matter us. Will it? Atlast its you money you can spend whereever you want

Cover Drive said:
Who was the seller? I know a guy as well who give guarantee that they will not get drilled. If they do he will replace or refund

Yaar we are helping you out. If you want to buy then go ahead you can but we are helping you out. If you buy fake or original it wouldn't matter us. Will it? Atlast its you money you can spend whereever you want

Uzair that's why i am here reporting of all my thoughts and actions and asking questions so I am guided/helped into buying a proper bat or bats. i am not gona blindly go and buy bats. And my sincere thanks, i was joking in the above posts first part.

the person was on ebay, however an email address on his item page reffered to "if u wana do bulk orders contact ceo@shopacricket.com" hence their website being www.shopacricket.com (i dont know if he is the owner/worker/assistant of that website/company or just an affiliate for bulk orders.

Also, I am speaking to my Uncle, and he said another uncle of mine would be visiting Sialkot in a few days (3-4) so do you guys know any good/reputable store names or factories there so i can send him there, and get some quotes etc.

baalti said:
ok guys, i am in touch with this guy from Pak, and i am speaking to him about, 2 bats, 1 is CA 12k Plus & GN Xiphos pro-performance at $350 canadian. both will be Grade 1 english willow, toe guard etc plus my specs, question regarding the handles i am awaiting reply, no dutys, no extra hidden fees, and he said if it gets drilled he will replace them (now i'll be paying via paypal & credit card, so if he is lying or sends fake bats i will get a refund anyways) as I got that from a seller who sent in a fake bat earlier.

he was offering both bats at $300 given i pay through western union, now my question is does western union provide same lvl of security/assurance as paypal/credit card companies do in case its fake/never arrives/damaged etc? any experts here?

and guys what do you think, is 350 a fair price for the two bats?

I am sure this has been answered already and GN will probably be fake given the price point that you have been quoted.

ALso, you will not get a refund if paying through WU. I am surprised that he is accepting Paypal as that service is not available in Pakistan.

CD - one of my team mates picked up Ihsan Inferno 950 today for $160.....this guy was also selling SS Ton and older AS cricket bats for a really good price.

I checked the authenticity and they are legit. He doesn't do it full time but will order if someone requests it.

xkalibur80 said:
CD - one of my team mates picked up Ihsan Inferno 950 today for $160.....this guy was also selling SS Ton and older AS cricket bats for a really good price.

I checked the authenticity and they are legit. He doesn't do it full time but will order if someone requests it.
$160 for Inferno 950 is really good because that's how much it cost in Pakistan to buy Inferno 950.

Are you sure that it was geniune? Also did you feel it how did it felt in your hands? I have heard that Inferno 950 balance is really good along it's pick up

baalti said:
Uzair that's why i am here reporting of all my thoughts and actions and asking questions so I am guided/helped into buying a proper bat or bats. i am not gona blindly go and buy bats. And my sincere thanks, i was joking in the above posts first part.

the person was on ebay, however an email address on his item page reffered to "if u wana do bulk orders contact ceo@shopacricket.com" hence their website being www.shopacricket.com (i dont know if he is the owner/worker/assistant of that website/company or just an affiliate for bulk orders.

Also, I am speaking to my Uncle, and he said another uncle of mine would be visiting Sialkot in a few days (3-4) so do you guys know any good/reputable store names or factories there so i can send him there, and get some quotes etc.

Send you uncle to these 4 factories. CA, AS, MB and Ihsan and you will get ur bats.

Cover Drive said:
$160 for Inferno 950 is really good because that's how much it cost in Pakistan to buy Inferno 950.

Are you sure that it was geniune? Also did you feel it how did it felt in your hands? I have heard that Inferno 950 balance is really good along it's pick up

I know.....it was around Rs 14000.....the balance was really good and when I was talking about authenticity, I was referring to SS and AS bats as they were original.

Inferno looked original but the stickers were blue? Willow was definitely grade 1 with no blemishes. Ruler straight grains too.

xkalibur80 said:
I know.....it was around Rs 14000.....the balance was really good and when I was talking about authenticity, I was referring to SS and AS bats as they were original.

Inferno looked original but the stickers were blue? Willow was definitely grade 1 with no blemishes. Ruler straight grains too.
Was it Inferno 950 stickers? If so then it is not suppose to have blue stickers

Oh okay. How were those SS bats?

Cover Drive said:
Was it Inferno 950 stickers? If so then it is not suppose to have blue stickers

Oh okay. How were those SS bats?

Yes they were Inferno stickers and I have only seen black one's so far.

SS bat was pretty nice too.....a little too heavy for my liking.

xkalibur80 said:
I am sure this has been answered already and GN will probably be fake given the price point that you have been quoted.

ALso, you will not get a refund if paying through WU. I am surprised that he is accepting Paypal as that service is not available in Pakistan.

the guy with the account is based in Aus, the bats ship from Pak. but yea, i am staying away from it, thank you guys.

baalti said:
the guy with the account is based in Aus, the bats ship from Pak. but yea, i am staying away from it, thank you guys.

i know a guy who is selling mb sher for $180 shud check out the bat is good.

cricketer13 said:
i know a guy who is selling mb sher for $180 shud check out the bat is good.

how can i contact him or see the bat? have you seen/held the bat?

also anyone knows a good place for cricket shoes with rubber soles? i remember seeing CA ones somewhere for around 40-50, it was a good looking pair too.

xkalibur80 said:
Yes they were Inferno stickers and I have only seen black one's so far.

SS bat was pretty nice too.....a little too heavy for my liking.

May I have his info please if you dont mind?

baalti said:
how can i contact him or see the bat? have you seen/held the bat?

also anyone knows a good place for cricket shoes with rubber soles? i remember seeing CA ones somewhere for around 40-50, it was a good looking pair too.

i will ask him if i can give his phone number and will let u know. The bat itself is good but $180 seems a little too expensive since MB bubber sher can b purchased for around $220-$250

baalti said:
May I have his info please if you dont mind?

Please send me your email and I will forward his contact details to you.

Also, regarding rubber spikes, you can get any pakistani brand for $50 or under at Power Play sports in Scarborough.

This guy also orders rubber spikes and was asking $50 for AS shoes.

There is a guy in Ottawa who sells Puma spikes anywhere from $59.99-$89.99 and he often comes to Toronto so shipping will not be an issue. Check out his website www.tornadocricket.com

Thanks,

xkalibur80 said:
How do you know they are boom boom? Very nice looking indeed.....I like Kamran Akmal's keeping pads too.
Check the first two post and pictures in this thread. Have look at Abdul Razzaq's pads

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?t=95000

Kamran is sponsored by GM. But these Boom Boom pads look nice. InshALLAH I am thinking of buying them when I go Pakistan in summer

uzair could you kindly pm my email id to xkalibur80, i don't really like posting my email id on forums at all.

xkalibur80 bhai the shoes for the tornado guy are not in color's i need, i need black/white or black/blue or white/blue, not red, not green. does he have other colors? size would be 12. and wow his prices are even further North than the Iceland.

Torando cricket is respectable and reputable seller. His products are genuine and are good. HIs prices are not bad either. Especially when you talk about Newbery's they are not bad. For example, his stripper price is really decent as well

Cover Drive said:
Torando cricket is respectable and reputable seller. His products are genuine and are good. HIs prices are not bad either. Especially when you talk about Newbery's they are not bad. For example, his stripper price is really decent as well

i was speaking for myself, for others it might be dirt cheap. his bats must be genuine hence the high premium prices.

I got questions!

From what I have heard I think AS V3 are of similar lvl to other higher end bats (wood/quality wise) but are cheaper, right? if so how much do they cost back in Pakistan. Any other similar higher end bats to AS V3 which might be cheaper compared to the LE bats, etc.

Also how big of a difference is it from Grade 1 to Grade 2 bats in terms of Quality and in terms of prices generally speaking.

Finally other than bats, what else do they drill/damage coming from Pakistan, i think CD mentioned them ripping his gloves.

Thank you.

baalti said:
I got questions!

From what I have heard I think AS V3 are of similar lvl to other higher end bats (wood/quality wise) but are cheaper, right? if so how much do they cost back in Pakistan. Any other similar higher end bats to AS V3 which might be cheaper compared to the LE bats, etc.

Also how big of a difference is it from Grade 1 to Grade 2 bats in terms of Quality and in terms of prices generally speaking.

Finally other than bats, what else do they drill/damage coming from Pakistan, i think CD mentioned them ripping his gloves.

Thank you.
1. Yes it is! AS V3 is around Rs. 8000. Sher Amin is G1 and is around Rs. 6000.

2. Not sure about prices as have never asked nor experienced them. In G1 you will get better grains, better willow etc

3. Perhaps pads as well

has anyone here been to cricmart.com store in mississauga?

MISSISSAUGA

CRICMART

Cricmart.com is your one stop for cricket bats, cricket gloves, cricket pads, cricket footwear, cricket clothing, cricket helmets, cricket balls and much more.

142 80 accorn place
MISSISSAUGA Ontario l4z1k4 Arul Rajah
Phone: 8624520300
Cell Phone: 8624520300
Email: info@cricmart.com

phone numbers sure dont seem to be of GTA area unless i am missing out on something :13:

Last edited:
Cover Drive said:
1. Yes it is! AS V3 is around Rs. 8000. Sher Amin is G1 and is around Rs. 6000.

2. Not sure about prices as have never asked nor experienced them. In G1 you will get better grains, better willow etc

3. Perhaps pads as well

ok let me ask you this. if I send someone with zero knowledge into UT sports to go and pick up a AS V3 and Sher Amin off the shelf (in my given specs) would they be genuine (how reliable is this store)?

also what type of handles are on these bats? my prefrence will always be 12 cane at best, 9 at worst.

baalti said:
I got questions!

Thank you.

AS is cheaper because the bat market is monopolized by the big two MB & CA.....I have AS V3 and it has turned a few heads.

To answer your other question, when it comes to Pakistani manufactured bats, there are only 4 main one's CA, MB, AS & AM....you may want to look at AM as it might be slightly cheaper than AS but i could be wrong.

To be honest with you, UT bats are pretty decent as well...I have 3 of them and the performance has been pretty decent. My cousin wants to sell his UT bat (only used once in the nets) as he wants to pick up SS ton that I was talking about.

baalti said:
has anyone here been to cricmart.com store in mississauga?

MISSISSAUGA

CRICMART

Cricmart.com is your one stop for cricket bats, cricket gloves, cricket pads, cricket footwear, cricket clothing, cricket helmets, cricket balls and much more.

142 80 accorn place
MISSISSAUGA Ontario l4z1k4 Arul Rajah
Phone: 8624520300
Cell Phone: 8624520300
Email: info@cricmart.com

phone numbers sure dont seem to be of GTA area unless i am missing out on something :13:

I think Arul Rajah is in GT

baalti said:
ok let me ask you this. if I send someone with zero knowledge into UT sports to go and pick up a AS V3 and Sher Amin off the shelf (in my given specs) would they be genuine (how reliable is this store)?

also what type of handles are on these bats? my prefrence will always be 12 cane at best, 9 at worst.
I have gotten three bats from this store. And I have never been there and all three of them are genuine. He is reliable! You can trust him

I am not sure about handles

xkalibur80 said:
AS is cheaper because the bat market is monopolized by the big two MB & CA.....I have AS V3 and it has turned a few heads.

To answer your other question, when it comes to Pakistani manufactured bats, there are only 4 main one's CA, MB, AS & AM....you may want to look at AM as it might be slightly cheaper than AS but i could be wrong.

To be honest with you, UT bats are pretty decent as well...I have 3 of them and the performance has been pretty decent. My cousin wants to sell his UT bat (only used once in the nets) as he wants to pick up SS ton that I was talking about.
I reckon AS V3 LE price will be along CA 12000 Plus, MB Malik Bubber Sher LE etc

AM is another excellent brand as well. I have heard that AM Xcellent is awesome bat. I might have few pictures of it somewhere

Agreed!

baalti said:

I didn't have that much knowledge about bats until I joined this thread. A lot of guys from Toronto have bought their equipment from UT and the guy is very honest with you. You will not get a fake Pakistani brand at UT and I can assure you of that. He does have other stickered bats like GN, GM, Reebok etc and he will tell you that they are not authentic.

Whoever, you are sending, ask them to speak to Shakeel and you can use my reference (Omair).

I am not too knowledgeable on the handles so I will turn to the experts on this one.

Cover Drive said:
I reckon AS V3 LE price will be along CA 12000 Plus, MB Malik Bubber Sher LE etc

AM is another excellent brand as well. I have heard that AM Xcellent is awesome bat. I might have few pictures of it somewhere

Agreed!

I still think that AS V3 LE will be around Rs10000 range. I am calling Shakeel tomorrow so I will ask him....if it is between 10000-12000, I might just get it. Although I really wanted to pick up a CA bat.

xkalibur80 said:
I still think that AS V3 LE will be around Rs10000 range. I am calling Shakeel tomorrow so I will ask him....if it is between 10000-12000, I might just get it. Although I really wanted to pick up a CA bat.
If I were you I would recommend you to pick up CA. But its upto you as its your pick and your money. CA's balance and pick up is just awesome period

Cover Drive said:
If I were you I would recommend you to pick up CA. But its upto you as its your pick and your money. CA's balance and pick up is just awesome period

Agreed.....tough call....Shakeel bhai quoted me Rs7500 for CA8000....I can probably bring him down to 7000

xkalibur80 said:
Agreed.....tough call....Shakeel bhai quoted me Rs7500 for CA8000....I can probably bring him down to 7000
Thats not bad. But I can guarantee you that you will love CA! Just mark my words lol

omair bhai how do you get your bats over here after you buy them from UT sports? someone brings them personally or shipped?

given my situation of having no one knowledgeable about bats and you having the contact in UT sports, may I give you my specs, and you place order on 2-3 bats, and than I can have someone go over pay for it and pick them up or if UT would do shipping that would ensure no/minimal chances of drilling than have them ship it out (will pay that postage fee as well) given its not too big a hassle for you, if you don't want to do that, than that is perfectly ok and understandable too.

Cover Drive said:
I think Arul Rajah is in GT

i dont see his name in Active players. or did he just start to come for practices? and is that you on the list with your first name there (as i dont want to disclose ur full name if it is infact you).

baalti said:
i dont see his name in Active players. or did he just start to come for practices? and is that you on the list with your first name there (as i dont want to disclose ur full name if it is infact you).
I am not sure if it is there or not but I was told by a source long time ago he was in GT. He also deals with Aero stuff

baalti said:
omair bhai how do you get your bats over here after you buy them from UT sports? someone brings them personally or shipped?

given my situation of having no one knowledgeable about bats and you having the contact in UT sports, may I give you my specs, and you place order on 2-3 bats, and than I can have someone go over pay for it and pick them up or if UT would do shipping that would ensure no/minimal chances of drilling than have them ship it out (will pay that postage fee as well) given its not too big a hassle for you, if you don't want to do that, than that is perfectly ok and understandable too.

I brought the bats back with me and now my wife is coming back so she can bring one bat with her (hopefully)

UT will ship the bats for you but Canada Customs is very selective and your bat can still get drilled. I know that as of late a few people have gotten away with it.

What you need to consider is:

1. Is it worth paying more than what the bat is worth i.e. after duties, taxes, shipping etc. $120 bat may end up costing you around $200+ by the time it's said and done.....for example, someone just paid around $520 for a GM bat after everything!!

2. IF the bat gets drilled, are you ok with it?

Last edited:
xkalibur80 said:
I brought the bats back with me and now my wife is coming back so she can bring one bat with her (hopefully)

UT will ship the bats for you but Canada Customs is very selective and your bat can still get drilled. I know that as of late a few people have gotten away with it.

What you need to consider is:

1. Is it worth paying more than what the bat is worth i.e. after duties, taxes, shipping etc. $120 bat may end up costing you around $200+ by the time it's said and done.....for example, someone just paid around $520 for a GM bat after everything!!

2. IF the bat gets drilled, are you ok with it?
Asad Bhai..(I agree with you Omair Bhai)
1. Its not that much yaar. It depends on the value which is declared

2. This is gamble. People have gotten away and some have been caught. I personally think sometimes it depends on the quantity. For example, when Naveed Bhai got two bats they got drilled and when he got one he was safe.

I would say get one bat shipped and declare its full value.

Check this store out he is very reputable seller

http://www.sialkotshop.com/

thanks for replies, guys i have no intentions of lying on the prices to the customs, i will be declaring full value of the bats, in fact say if i got a discount from the store, say instead of 10000 if i paid 9000 i will have him still cut me a reciept for 10000 for customs. (a separate reciept with my buyers signature that indeed it was bought for 9000 so store wont have to worry about being scammed later on) or whatever. i have no intentions of hiding the face value of bats, as if i lie and bats get drilled, i'll be getting only the declared amount back from customs. Hence a loss.

can someone tell what kind of handle is on AS V3 and MB Bubber Sher

baalti said:
thanks for replies, guys i have no intentions of lying on the prices to the customs, i will be declaring full value of the bats, in fact say if i got a discount from the store, say instead of 10000 if i paid 9000 i will have him still cut me a reciept for 10000 for customs. (a separate reciept with my buyers signature that indeed it was bought for 9000 so store wont have to worry about being scammed later on) or whatever. i have no intentions of hiding the face value of bats, as if i lie and bats get drilled, i'll be getting only the declared amount back from customs. Hence a loss.

can someone tell what kind of handle is on AS V3 and MB Bubber Sher

Both bats have 12 cane handle

Has anyone with a Sher Amin noticed that the handle is slightly thinner than other bats?

W

Poison said:
Has anyone with a Sher Amin noticed that the handle is slightly thinner than other bats?
I believe it's has to more with MB. My Bubber Sher handle is really thin as well

in my opinion - cheaper handles - there so heavily weighted in the middle, with a thin toe - i find them prone to breakage. but i find that more so in the bubber sher - not the sher amin.

ca_gold said:
in my opinion - cheaper handles - there so heavily weighted in the middle, with a thin toe - i find them prone to breakage. but i find that more so in the bubber sher - not the sher amin.
+1

MB does use cheap handle. In fact, my Bubber Sher will break sooner or later. I will post a picture later on.

CA handles seem to be made of good quality

Cover Drive said:
+1

MB does use cheap handle. In fact, my Bubber Sher will break sooner or later. I will post a picture later on.

CA handles seem to be made of good quality

CD-I may be going to pak at the end of this month and will bring lots of stuff lol talked to my cousin again and he's willing to take me to MB and AS factories. BTW i might stop by in England to pick up few GM's and Salix for myself and couple of friends.

cricketer13 said:
CD-I may be going to pak at the end of this month and will bring lots of stuff lol talked to my cousin again and he's willing to take me to MB and AS factories. BTW i might stop by in England to pick up few GM's and Salix for myself and couple of friends.
Oh thats great to hear!

Why don't you get a custom made from UK?

Cover Drive said:
Oh thats great to hear!

Why don't you get a custom made from UK?

Nai will get 2 custom made from MB no stickers prolly. If you want I can pick MB LE for you and your uncle or someone can get it from me in Pak.

cricketer13 said:
Nai will get 2 custom made from MB no stickers prolly. If you want I can pick MB LE for you and your uncle or someone can get it from me in Pak.
Ohh okay

JazakALLAH Khair for you kindness. I am thinking of buying it myself. Have never bought a bat personally so sometime I wish to grab it myself lol

Yaar Sherry Bhai I might order GT 335 soon InshALLAH

I want to get a good plain bat and sticker it up. I was thinking making stickers of Mohammad Yousuf and sticker it up :D

anyone know how much is cost at hagee/khan sports for the bowling machine for 1hr duration?

Cover Drive said:
Ohh okay

JazakALLAH Khair for you kindness. I am thinking of buying it myself. Have never bought a bat personally so sometime I wish to grab it myself lol

Yaar Sherry Bhai I might order GT 335 soon InshALLAH

I want to get a good plain bat and sticker it up. I was thinking making stickers of Mohammad Yousuf and sticker it up :D

lol....

ye gt 335 is a good bat.

I will get custom plain bat and will put my initials lol

cricketer13 said:
lol....

ye gt 335 is a good bat.

I will get custom plain bat and will put my initials lol
I am in talk with few people lets see how it goes

lol write SK on the edges with your favourite number and stuff

Did you hear anything about AS V3 LE?

Also did you see Bubber Sher pads? Yasir Arafat is wearing them

i am so pumped to be able to hit the gym again as i am out of the exams headaches, gona work on my legs/forearms/back a lot.

wow anyone aware of this? the BEDCL run by praim prasad is not even registered? and now there is a new edcl league which (some of the ex-executives/members of board who got fed-up and left) have registered a new league by the name of edcl. Another thing of notice is that none of the players from BEDCL will never get picked for Canada team as its unregistered and doesn't adhere to their rules/regulations due to praim's greed, as per mentioned below. And that none of the players are insured (only spectators are) so if one of us say gets seriously injured during a game we are **** out of luck. WOW.

--------------------------------------------

http://edclpa.webs.com/

TO:EDCL MEMBERS

For over 15 years, I just like many of you, have enjoyed playing cricket
around the GTA. I had promised myself that I would NEVER get involved in the
administration or "political" part of the game, I just wanted to play
cricket. But having seen the need to ensure that the quality as well as the
quantity of cricket is improved in our communities, I had to break that
promise. I broke the promise not for self interest, as many of you have been
led to believe, but for the best interest of cricket.

Those of you who attended the meeting at the Chris Gibson Recreation Center
on February 7th, 2010 had the benefit of listening to Praim Persaud make an
emotional appeal to you to ensure that you play cricket in 2010. Perhaps
many of you have been persuaded by many of the things that were communicated
to you during the meeting. Moreover, many of you probably felt secure and
safe knowing that security was posted at the doors to ensure that the
meeting was held without "incident".

Have any of you questioned what was the cost of having security there. Is
that a part of your league fees? And did any of you really felt that
security was needed? Did any of you ask what was the REAL reason behind
having security present at the meeting? The fact is the ONLY reason why
security was posted at the door was because your president, not the Board
that you elected, saw the need to prevent individuals that were prepared to
present you with truths to negate all the rumours, lies, propaganda and
deceit that he had and continue to fabricate to serve his self interest.
Truths that would cause you to question his competence and integrity as a
leader and the legitimacy of the BEDCL.

In the business and political worlds, opposition and competition are two
factors that create opportunities for growth, improvement and an overall
better product. Opposition highlights shortcomings, mediocrities,
delinquencies and malpractices of the parties in leadership by raising
issues and asking pertinent questions. Competition helps to reduce cost,
improve quality, and provides alternative options for the consumers to
choose. Hence, our society is delighted when great success comes out of
lobbying by individuals or groups that seek our greater good through
opposition and competition. The only individuals or groups that are angered
and frustrated by opposition and competition are the ones that would lose
their monopoly and control of the consumer.

With that background in mind, I would like to take this opportunity to
clarify some of the information that was given to you yesterday.

1. The first truth is that BEDCL, an organization with about 101 member
teams, is not a legally registered body and essentially does not exist in
law. What does that mean; it means that the organization is not legally
liable to any of its members because it does not exist in law. I would
clarify this by saying " Praimnauth Persaud BEDCL" as it contradicts the
fact that BEDCL is now a registered entity.

2. The second truth is that Praim Persaud never directed Douglas James or
Don Denhart to register EDCL or BEDCL as any entity within the Province of
Ontario. On the contrary, it was another member that directed Praim Persaud
to register the names. To substantiate that fact, here's an excerpt of an
email from the member to Praim Persaud.

Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2009 8:39 AM

To: <mailto:praimp@trifin.com> praimp@trifin.com ;
<mailto:rumijas@hotmail.com> rumijas@hotmail.com ;
<mailto:donsvesselandpipe@bellnet.ca> donsvesselandpipe@bellnet.ca

Subject: BCA/BCL

Guys,

Check the below article:
<http://www.southasianfocus.ca/community/article/65536>
http://www.southasianfocus.ca/community/article/65536

.............We need to be a little more proactive and back him up for the
support he is extending to us. This will mean the following:

1. Probably call a press conference (if that can be done) or at least
arrange an interview with some local newspapers and educate them on the hard
work and efforts that was put in for the grounds (I remember Praim, Don and
I personally worked on these grounds), the liaison with the City, and the
growth that we have seen (especially in Brampton), etc. This should
hopefully, first and foremost, put to rest all the rumours and mis-concepts
floating about.

2. Register the new name (BEDCL) - like YESTERDAY - and since that is
too late, NOW would be good too.

It must be noted here that Don Denhart or Douglas was kicked off the Board
shortly after this email exchange. Almost a year later, the organization
that touts itself as being the biggest league in Brampton is still not
registered as a legal entity. So much for the great leadership of Praim
Persaud.

3. The third truth is that because BEDCL under the leadership of Praim
Persaud is not a legal entity, it has no financial accountability to its
members. You pay your yearly operating fees and expect a product but what if
the organization fails to deliver that product? Who do you turn to for your
money and how do you do that? I see you have made the clarification here, I apologize.

4. For years you have been told that the league has insurance but the
insurance only cover spectators, it does not cover the players. The truth
is, do you think it is possible to insure a person or entity that does not
exist in law? No! So the real truth why players were never covered while
playing cricket in BEDCL is because BEDCL was and still is not a legal
person. Try insuring someone or something that doesn't exist.

5. There is NO, and I repeat, NO personal objective by any individual to
usurp the authority of any organization. The truth is that the real goal of
"this body of individuals" that have been attacked with trying to cause
disturbances, lies, deceit and rumours, is to create a legal, not for profit
organization that would promote the best interest of cricket, while being
fully accountable to its membership because of the legal requirements and
obligation of non-profit organizations.

6. The reason why former members of this organization have decided to
create another cricketing body is because competition is good. Last year,
when a group, now called the Brampton Cricket League, ventured out to start
a new organization, they were labelled as being "rouge, illegitimate, and
corrupt. Brampton Cricket League is now a member of the Ontario Cricket
Association, the governing body for cricket in the Province of Ontario.

7. BEDCL, under the leadership of Praim Persaud is NOT a member of the
OCA.

8. The newly formed Etobicoke & District Cricket League is a registered
not for profit organization that has been granted affiliate status with the
OCA.

Now that you have been enlightened, question yourselves, your captains,
managers, board members and president.

To find out more about the original EDCL, please visit us at (www.edcl.ca).

above post i only posted here coz most of the BEDCL players are visiting this thread and it does concern them to some degree and posting it else where would have kinda lost the purpose. If guys wana discuss this further, than perhaps a new thread can be made on it. in the above post my writing is above the dashed line, rest is taken from web.

CD your call, you could move this into a new thread if you want.

I don't think a new thread for EDCL is required as there are few people who play in that league. Majority play in TnD, Scarborough etc.

Regards

Cover Drive said:
I don't think a new thread for EDCL is required as there are few people who play in that league. Majority play in TnD, Scarborough etc.

Regards

Fair enough, just wanted to make sure. But yea, this BEDCL is in a mess right now (at the administration level/politically). And we thought only international boards had drama queens and soap operas, :asif

baalti said:
Fair enough, just wanted to make sure. But yea, this BEDCL is in a mess right now (at the administration level/politically). And we thought only international boards had drama queens and soap operas, :asif
Someone was telling me about this matter few days ago. But I didn't pay attention to them

I did not read that but do you ming briefly explaining (if you don't mind)?

http://www.cricketontario.com/ check this right to the bottom center of the page, B/EDCL no where mentioned as a member. Hence no players of B/EDCL can represent ON, and definitely not CAN. o well, this gives me a topic to discuss at next practice :p

Cover Drive said:
Someone was telling me about this matter few days ago. But I didn't pay attention to them

I did not read that but do you ming briefly explaining (if you don't mind)?

From what I have read/understood of the given info out there is:

1. Praim (president of B/edcl) told/showcased to all that league was registered as a not for profit organization, and hence could operate under city by laws, however it isnt, hence City could tell them to buzz off once another registered league appears (causing mayhem), another downfall of this is B/EDCL players can't represent ON, nor CAN. Praim gets to stay at helm and continue his dictatorship. Players are uninsured, so say God forbid if a bowler while bowling gets hit back in the face, he is on his own.

2. A lot of teams and players have concerns and ideas of improvement, and ways which could really improve the league in many a ways. Another good positive that would come out is that instead of us players/teams paying heavily season after season coz the league isn't registered, if it becomes registered and a member of OCA there can be government fundings, which will ease the financial burden of league/teams/players alike. However, it would mean less $$$ to praim and his guys, hence they dont want to register.

3. 2010 season although the B/EDCL ppl are claiming is good to go and fully on, isn't really, because usually at this stage (actually way earlier mid-end of march) season schedule is placed etc, however it isn't so far for the 2010 season as the city hasn't given B/EDCL any grounds this season (Yet). That's why we dont see a schedule.

4. a lot of concerned teams (11 to be precise) and players and board members have left B/EDCL and created a new league and registered it. for which i posted the link above ( as i was wondering myself how these teams suddenly disappeared, now it adds up), and they are protesting praim and his men to mend their ways. they could vote him out, but unfortunately they cheat on the voting system and allow multiple voting from guys on their side and thus maintaining praim in power.

5. what will happen is yet to be seen/unfold.

Salam! Long time since ive posted something here.
I used my AS-V3 and CA12000 for the first time yesterday. Both are absolutely brilliant. AS-V3 is by far the best bat i have used.. It has a huge sweet spot and the ball flies of like a rocket. It is a solid bat with huge edges, the ball travels really far even when you edge it.

My CA12000 is a light bat, 2.6. It has good balance and pickup, and a big middle. It is such a thin bat, and seems very fragile to me. Yesterday when my brother played with it he hit a yorker on the last ball, and the bat got a dent on the bottom of the bat. I have applied protective sheet on it, and some fibertape on the bottom. My question is: Can i do something else to prevent further damage on the bottom?

Bhai Cover Drive ? :iamlegend

Master_Entertainer said:
Salam! Long time since ive posted something here.
I used my AS-V3 and CA12000 for the first time yesterday. Both are absolutely brilliant. AS-V3 is by far the best bat i have used.. It has a huge sweet spot and the ball flies of like a rocket. It is a solid bat with huge edges, the ball travels really far even when you edge it.

My CA12000 is a light bat, 2.6. It has good balance and pickup, and a big middle. It is such a thin bat, and seems very fragile to me. Yesterday when my brother played with it he hit a yorker on the last ball, and the bat got a dent on the bottom of the bat. I have applied protective sheet on it, and some fibertape on the bottom. My question is: Can i do something else to prevent further damage on the bottom?

Bhai Cover Drive ? :iamlegend

If you dont mind me answering then yes you can prevent further damage. Use a wooden mallet and knock the bottom. Start slowly and increase force gradually this will ensure that the bottom has been pressed. However, keep in mind that the quality of the ball can damage your bat especially the bottom so avoid using those.

Cover Drive said:
I am in talk with few people lets see how it goes

lol write SK on the edges with your favourite number and stuff

Did you hear anything about AS V3 LE?

Also did you see Bubber Sher pads? Yasir Arafat is wearing them

CD - I spoke to Shakeel bhai today and he hasn't heard of AS V3 LE yet....also, where can I see Arafat wearing Bubber Sher pads?

Some pics of my ASV3

Attachments

• IMG00042-20100420-1214.jpg
    IMG00042-20100420-1214.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG00043-20100420-1215.jpg
    IMG00043-20100420-1215.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG00044-20100420-1215.jpg
    IMG00044-20100420-1215.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG00046-20100420-1216.jpg