Questions Regarding Cricket Equipment (Bats, Pads, Gloves etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cover Drive said:
I am in Brampton/Mississauga area

They are Mens. Uhmm do you have long fingers?

they will probably fit.. and i wear inners too so shouldnt be a problemm..
i will be visiting a friend of mine soon who has extra gloves so if i dont fancy those ... i will contact u againn
thankss for the info buddy

cricketer13 said:
Yaar I would bring the price down but unfortunately I had to pay customs and taxes just to make sure my bats dont get drilled thats why they cost me a lot. I will give u my CA12000 for $230 bcuz i played with it once.

Nova Scotia hmmmm i dont know how he will buy these bats lol

He usually has people going back so they take stuff for him from Hagee Sports.

xkalibur80 said:
No he doesn't.....he has a team and they usually buy their stuff from Hagee sports....since I was selling my bats for cheaper, he bought the bats from me.
Ohh okay. Hagee Sports is rip off! He is selling Ihsan Inferno 950 for something around $300 and ca_gold friends is selling it for $180-$200

Do you mind giving me his email address?

It would be appreciated

JazakALLAH Khair

I will ask my team mates if they are looking to buy a new bat.....I am sure a couple of them will be interested.

Will keep you posted.

khankhan said:
they will probably fit.. and i wear inners too so shouldnt be a problemm..
i will be visiting a friend of mine soon who has extra gloves so if i dont fancy those ... i will contact u againn
thankss for the info buddy
No worries!

xkalibur80 said:
I will ask my team mates if they are looking to buy a new bat.....I am sure a couple of them will be interested.

Will keep you posted.

Ya do let me know. Thanks mate

Cover Drive said:
No worries!

CD- I talked to my friend today and he mentioned that Ihsan is launching new 950 gloves lol. Color change mainly instead of black and white like know it will b white and black. Should look good will see if i can order those.

cricketer13 said:
CD- I talked to my friend today and he mentioned that Ihsan is launching new 950 gloves lol. Color change mainly instead of black and white like know it will b white and black. Should look good will see if i can order those.
Uhhmm interesting. The guy off who I bought 950 gloves he said these are latest ones as they have pittard palm on them whereas last years one did not have pittard on them.

So they are just repositioning the colours?

Seems like lots of gloves should be brought in summer InshALLAH :13:

khankhan said:
do you know if ur friend is able to meet up and show me the bats?? cuz i am rly intrested in buyingg a good bat and bats from pakistan are top quality

his bats are all top quality ca's. if your price range is 180-200 then it'll work.

second - my family is in karachi right now - so i can place an order from UT and get stuff if people are interested here. My friend will be picking all the bats - he plays for Karachi Gymkhana and they get all their stuff through UT as well. My friend that is selling bats got his bats handpicked from the Karachi Gymkhana player too. Basically the UT guy gave him a gurantee that all the bats would be good - if there any issues we would send the bat back. biggest issue in getting bats in pakistan is alot of stuff is fake OR lower grade stuff that is stickered up.
Even big stores are guilty of doing this - you have to be very careful that you know what you are getting. Alot of the bats I see guys bring back form Pakistan are blatant fakes.

Even these guys that are ordering directly from the factory - unless you know the factory owners personally - id be wary of it. I've seen it happen personally - for example - a cheaper quality handle will be put it - or it wont be binded all the way down the handle....you would never be able to tell until the bat breaks and you see for yourself...Asad bhai - from Uzi sports supervises all his bats before he brings them from Pakistan for this very reason.

ca_gold said:
his bats are all top quality ca's. if your price range is 180-200 then it'll work.

second - my family is in karachi right now - so i can place an order from UT and get stuff if people are interested here. My friend will be picking all the bats - he plays for Karachi Gymkhana and they get all their stuff through UT as well. My friend that is selling bats got his bats handpicked from the Karachi Gymkhana player too. Basically the UT guy gave him a gurantee that all the bats would be good - if there any issues we would send the bat back. biggest issue in getting bats in pakistan is alot of stuff is fake OR lower grade stuff that is stickered up.
Even big stores are guilty of doing this - you have to be very careful that you know what you are getting. Alot of the bats I see guys bring back form Pakistan are blatant fakes.

Even these guys that are ordering directly from the factory - unless you know the factory owners personally - id be wary of it. I've seen it happen personally - for example - a cheaper quality handle will be put it - or it wont be binded all the way down the handle....you would never be able to tell until the bat breaks and you see for yourself...Asad bhai - from Uzi sports supervises all his bats before he brings them from Pakistan for this very reason.

when is your family coming back? I can get my stuff from UT and my friend can drop it at your home if you are OK and I will pay u for shipping.

I fully agree with ca_gold bhai. And to further prove him right I would also like to tell Ut Sports authenticity. In past whoever asked me which store in Karachi is best for cricket bats. I have always recommended UT Sports. Because I know there stuff is original and its genuine. I agree with ca_gold bhai that there are lots of fake bats being sold in Pakistan. We have seen it happen with Rizwan25 (bhai).

I have two UT Sports bats which I bought around 3-4 months ago. Both of the bats go like a train! The ping is excellent so is the quality of the stick.

If anyone has any question please don't hesitate asking them

Cover Drive said:
JazakALLAH Khair Omair Bhai

I really appreciate it!

I will get Bali's number for you. Also Omair Bhai what did Melvin say about those Morrant pads?

Once again JazakALLAH Khair

Hi Uzair, Morrants are not the international one's but the other kind....I am inclined to get my uniforms through him so he might cut me a deal on morrants......let's see. He is a very reasonable guy.

ca_gold said:

ca_gold - can you email me? I need to talk to you about this....ohussain@sympatico.ca

Thanks bro.

Cover Drive said:
I fully agree with ca_gold bhai. And to further prove him right I would also like to tell Ut Sports authenticity. In past whoever asked me which store in Karachi is best for cricket bats. I have always recommended UT Sports. Because I know there stuff is original and its genuine. I agree with ca_gold bhai that there are lots of fake bats being sold in Pakistan. We have seen it happen with Rizwan25 (bhai).

I have two UT Sports bats which I bought around 3-4 months ago. Both of the bats go like a train! The ping is excellent so is the quality of the stick.

If anyone has any question please don't hesitate asking them

I fully back up that comment......UT sports has good bats and prices are very reasonable.

I myself brought 6 bats back in Feb and sold 3 of them with no complaints from the buyers.

xkalibur80 said:
Hi Uzair, Morrants are not the international one's but the other kind....I am inclined to get my uniforms through him so he might cut me a deal on morrants......let's see. He is a very reasonable guy.
Ohh okay. If you get another $20 then it would be really good! Omair Bhai once you start using Morrqnt I guarantee you will not go to other brands.

xkalibur80 said:
ca_gold - can you email me? I need to talk to you about this....ohussain@sympatico.ca

Thanks bro.

i sent you a note yesterday, did you get it?

cricketer13 said:
when is your family coming back? I can get my stuff from UT and my friend can drop it at your home if you are OK and I will pay u for shipping.

basically i was going to get a few bats - and sell them at cost + a little profit to cover shipping. I wanted to ask the guys here if they want me to get anything in particular

I'm going to have my friend (someone i trust) pick all the bats.

I'm not going to be getting into drop offs(ie have your friends/cousins etc drop a bat off to my place etc). Because it will just get to complicated to manage + everyone will want to do it that way. I'm in the process of setting up this as a business.

ca_gold said:
basically i was going to get a few bats - and sell them at cost + a little profit to cover shipping. I wanted to ask the guys here if they want me to get anything in particular

I'm going to have my friend (someone i trust) pick all the bats.

I'm not going to be getting into drop offs(ie have your friends/cousins etc drop a bat off to my place etc). Because it will just get to complicated to manage + everyone will want to do it that way. I'm in the process of setting up this as a business.
Hobby?

Rehan Bhai get AS V3 because over here I haven't seen any store having it or anyone playing with it. So thats certainly a good pick (in my opinion).

Cover Drive said:
Do you mind elaborating your search? Whats the maximum you can spend? Also what type of player are you? Based on that I will tell you the best bat that comes into my mind

I m more a defensive player. I like to time the ball thru the gaps.... Opener of my team... what more info?? PLz ask if you need more ;)

CrIcKet_is_LiFe said:
I m more a defensive player. I like to time the ball thru the gaps.... Opener of my team... what more info?? PLz ask if you need more ;)
Whats your budget?

Cover Drive said:
Hobby?

Rehan Bhai get AS V3 because over here I haven't seen any store having it or anyone playing with it. So thats certainly a good pick (in my opinion).

both ;)

:ibutt

baalti said:
too many Asad's, mein konsa hoon? lolz

Salam Asad,

Shery here. I heard u need a bat. I am selling my MB Bubber sher and CA12000 PLUS (u have seen this one). Let me know if you are interested.

TC

Cover Drive said:
So potentially both sides?

yes - basically working on financially viable shipping options from both Pak and England. I'm not doing anythign on a massive scale, hence people that i know travel back and forth quite a lot can be bring me a few peices in the beginning.

The goal will be to offer the best quality (genuine) bats at the best possible price in North America. I wont have a store - so there will be no overhead's really put into my price. I gurantee I'll be able to beat prices from any competitor in Toronto - but I'd obviously not be able to beat the price someone would get if they went to pak and picked up a bat themselves.

So for example if you get a Sher through me, you'll know exactly where it came from, who picked it and we can send it back if there are any issues.

From England i plan on bringing only the high end bats like my Newbury, and Salix. Obviously im working on a deal that will make these more cost effective for north americans to get through me, rather than ordering them directly. These bats will cater to those people who are really after those sort of peices (ie more then $250 bucks).

ca_gold said:
yes - basically working on financially viable shipping options from both Pak and England. I'm not doing anythign on a massive scale, hence people that i know travel back and forth quite a lot can be bring me a few peices in the beginning.

The goal will be to offer the best quality (genuine) bats at the best possible price in North America. I wont have a store - so there will be no overhead's really put into my price. I gurantee I'll be able to beat prices from any competitor in Toronto - but I'd obviously not be able to beat the price someone would get if they went to pak and picked up a bat themselves.

So for example if you get a Sher through me, you'll know exactly where it came from, who picked it and we can send it back if there are any issues.

From England i plan on bringing only the high end bats like my Newbury, and Salix. Obviously im working on a deal that will make these more cost effective for north americans to get through me, rather than ordering them directly. These bats will cater to those people who are really after those sort of peices (ie more then $250 bucks).
That sounds good. Once you are established in market and have a name then I am sure more and more people will come to you as the time goes.

Apart from price factor some of the bats you mentioned are hard to find such as Newbery, Salix etc. If you ever need my help in selling or anything please don't hesitate asking me for it

Apart from bats I believe there is a good market for soft ranges as well. But shipping is a big concern in that case

Last edited:
Cover Drive said:
That sounds good. Once you are established in market and have a name then I am sure more and more people will come to you as the time goes.

Apart from price factor some of the bats you mentioned are hard to find such as Newbery, Salix etc. If you ever need my help in selling or anything please don't hesitate asking me for it

Apart from bats I believe there is a good market for soft ranges as well. But shipping is a big concern in that case

i agree uzair, but i'm just going to start with Bats and that to about 15 bats total. InshAllah if the business grows & theirs demand - i will slowly expand as well as complete a website.

Thanks for your offer to sell - your services will be utilized! i think you could sell a bat better then me actually!

ca_gold said:
i agree uzair, but i'm just going to start with Bats and that to about 15 bats total. InshAllah if the business grows & theirs demand - i will slowly expand as well as complete a website.

Thanks for your offer to sell - your services will be utilized! i think you could sell a bat better then me actually!
Yaar Rehan Bhai I feel this is the best time to sell a bat. Season is yet to begin, teams haven't started outdoor netting yet. So I personally believe this would be one of the best time to sell. Even during the season is a good time. Its just matter of time and your stuff will go for sure InshALLAH.

Another effective way to sell a bat (in my opinion) would be if we can place an ad on league websites. Because lots of people might not be aware of kijiji and craigslist.

No worries! It will be my pleasure to help you out in any form :)

Rehan Bhai have you seen a guy ad on kijiji who is selling fake bats?

Last edited:
Cover Drive said:
Yaar Rehan Bhai I feel this is the best time to sell a bat. Season is yet to begin, teams haven't started outdoor netting yet. So I personally believe this would be one of the best time to sell. Even during the season is a good time. Its just matter of time and your stuff will go for sure InshALLAH.

Another effective way to sell a bat (in my opinion) would be if we can place an ad on league websites. Because lots of people might not be aware of kijiji and craigslist.

No worries! It will be my pleasure to help you out in any form :)

Rehan Bhai have you seen a guy ad on kijiji who is selling fake bats?

no show me the link.

Last edited by a moderator:
ca_gold said:
Yes - those are really bad - especially the GN. unfortunately - someone will spend their hard earned money on that garbage.

uzair - do you have fiberglass tape btw? someone is selling that for 25 bucks an i need some....
Yaar I know that guy. I don't have it but last time I met him I borrowed it from him so he gave it to me. I will ask him how much he needs for it and then you can have it. I remember he told me he has couple of them of which he has sold few. But don't worry I'll try to get it for you

That Inferno is fake as well. GN is clearly fake. Even a blind can see that.

Cover Drive said:
Another thing Rehan Bhai that are you in touch with that padskin guy?
ive ordered them - their supposed to be in the post at the moment. will review once i receive them.

ca_gold said:
ive ordered them - their supposed to be in the post at the moment. will review once i receive them.
Did he ship them out for you? If not do you mind ordering one for me?

Sorry for not telling you earlier

Cover Drive said:
Sorry didn't read what you said properly

yaar my whole team wants a set too - but i wanted to just review one before we do a big order. will def get you a set when i order next.

where did you decide to play btw - also why dont you send me a note on my yahoo

ca_gold said:
yaar my whole team wants a set too - but i wanted to just review one before we do a big order. will def get you a set when i order next.

where did you decide to play btw - also why dont you send me a note on my yahoo
I have emailed you. I didn't knew that you BB is fine now.

cricketer13 said:
Salam Asad,

Shery here. I heard u need a bat. I am selling my MB Bubber sher and CA12000 PLUS (u have seen this one). Let me know if you are interested.

TC

Salam Sherry, yes i do, i saw your price range, and its out of my league to be honest, i am thinking of going ordering from Pak route, i just need to get a hold of someone from that end who will actually go to a store like UT for me...

2 questions:

1) does UT/MD have websites, i tried looking to no avail... what do they stand for (full name)... or any other contact info about them (phone/email, address, etc)...

2) how do they usually ship it... stores/etc what does the shipment of a bat look like once it gets here from Pak (i know from US etc its properly boxed and full with air-filled bags or foam to prevent damage) but in PAk i think there are certain rules they follow... can someone possibly share a pic...

and since its a good day

3) is it better to have a relative/friend ship/parcel it or the store (say my friend/relative buys it from UT and asks them to ship it)... also if its being parcelled over how will the price be shown to the customs ppl, ie. write the price outside of package or glue/post a copy of reciept outside of packaging or leave the receipt inside in case they open it, its there...

baalti said:
2 questions:

1) does UT/MD have websites, i tried looking to no avail... what do they stand for (full name)... or any other contact info about them (phone/email, address, etc)...

2) how do they usually ship it... stores/etc what does the shipment of a bat look like once it gets here from Pak (i know from US etc its properly boxed and full with air-filled bags or foam to prevent damage) but in PAk i think there are certain rules they follow... can someone possibly share a pic...

and since its a good day

3) is it better to have a relative/friend ship/parcel it or the store (say my friend/relative buys it from UT and asks them to ship it)... also if its being parcelled over how will the price be shown to the customs ppl, ie. write the price outside of package or glue/post a copy of reciept outside of packaging or leave the receipt inside in case they open it, its there...

1) No, both of them don't have a website.
MD = Maindad Sports
UT = Universal Traders (I believe)
Google UT Sports and you will find there number. If you need there representative direct number let me know.

2) Scroll on previous pages (not precisely sure which page but Usman Bhai posted a picture of it). It usually come in a bouri.

3) When you ship it out you declare the value there. Unless it is coming through courier then it will say on the package (piece of paper which contains information).

I would wish you a good luck especially when getting a bat from Pakistan. They do treat them and we have seen examples in past. Courier ones which tend to be safer have been treated

If you have anymore question please don't hesitate asking me

JazakALLAH Khair

thanks for the reply,

1) sure a reps number would be good,

2) who is usman bhai (user name), i knew the bori part was correct for clothing etc, didnt knew for sporting goods it was true aswell, lolz, thanks

3) is it better to have the store ppl package and ship it to me or have a relative package and parcel to me... ofcourse with the store it might be a little more expensive but their packaging process might be better?

4) what do you mean by "They do treat them and we have seen examples in past" plz elaborate a bit...

again thanks

baalti said:
thanks for the reply,

1) sure a reps number would be good,

2) who is usman bhai (user name), i knew the bori part was correct for clothing etc, didnt knew for sporting goods it was true aswell, lolz, thanks

3) is it better to have the store ppl package and ship it to me or have a relative package and parcel to me... ofcourse with the store it might be a little more expensive but their packaging process might be better?

4) what do you mean by "They do treat them and we have seen examples in past" plz elaborate a bit...

again thanks
No worries

1) 0301 255 4995

2) usman_ash14

3) If you trust store people then let them do it. Otherwise tell your relatives to do it for you.

Uhmm not too sure about cost factor. It won't be that expensive yaar. Maximum would be Rs. 1000 but thats highly unlikely.

For personal statisfaction I would say tell your relatives to do it. Atleast tasalii to ho gaaee

4) You saw Naveed Bhai bats got drilled. One of my few gloves got ripped.

If you need to know anything please don't hesitate asking me

Just out of curiosity which bats, gloves, etc are you getting?

JazakALLAH Khair

Cover Drive said:
No worries

1) 0301 255 4995

2) usman_ash14

3) If you trust store people then let them do it. Otherwise tell your relatives to do it for you.

Uhmm not too sure about cost factor. It won't be that expensive yaar. Maximum would be Rs. 1000 but thats highly unlikely.

For personal statisfaction I would say tell your relatives to do it. Atleast tasalii to ho gaaee

4) You saw Naveed Bhai bats got drilled. One of my few gloves got ripped.

If you need to know anything please don't hesitate asking me

Just out of curiosity which bats, gloves, etc are you getting?

JazakALLAH Khair

oh, in that case i'll prob just go for bats, as many i have spoken to say that the drill holes are very small sized, but i'll see naveed bhai's drilled bat first b4 i make a move, if the gloves they rip that would be purely fruitless, (did u ask customs to cover up ur loss on that, i was told by someone that they do compensate when they damage ur items for such security measures, not sure for how much authentic this is, but its worth a try on asking them to compensate)...

as far as which bats, honestly i am not too much into what sticker the bat has, i am more concerned about the specs that i prefer and the sweet spot area (to be middle/lowish), 8-11 straight grains, thick edges, i don't like the split coloured bats (example would be the fake GN or Ihsan 950 bats u showed from the kijiji post earlier on this page or last, where they have the wood with half bleached and half darkish/varnished type) SH, and a light pickup, and a 12pc cane handle is admirable (due to my thumb issues of past) if i can get that in a non-stickered bat i'd still be kicking in joy :) and that's why i am waiting for finding the right person to send to a store who can do that on my behalf and getting me a bat that i myself would prob pick off the shelf... its a slight risk, but i am willing to take esp given the prices we hear out here for decent bats... instead of paying 250 for 1 bat here, i am willing to get 2-3 bats of which even 1 turns out good and others avg at best i'll be happy...

now here is another question, on a shipment of 2+ bats, would they drill just one, or all... (if only one, i'd have them put a "plz don't drill this bat for the love of god" on a crapy bat... the customs will be forced to drill that one as the human nature is to go opposite of what one is being told, but doing that will prob have them drill em all, lolz :inzi )...

article-1179071-04DC2D70000005DC-214_468x601.jpg

article-1179071-04DC2CE8000005DC-102_233x345.jpg

some dude whose bats got drilled... and neither UK nor Pakistani customs would own up to who did the drilling... and the drilling in the sweet spot is simply stupid, coz from what i understand the side drill is somewhat ok, but instead of drilling the sweet spot they should have drilled it from rear/back of the bat, that way person can fill it up with some sort of thing and the bat remains good and security check is obtained too, but drilling the front/sweet spot is uttely sad in my opinion coz if they are going to take the liberty on damaging our products/items atleast put some effort in understanding on how to do the least amount of damage to it while at it... and thats a pretty thick drill bit too... frig... they can use the thinnest one possible and if any drug in there, the bit will catch it and bring it out...

CD did Naveed bhai's drill bit's were of similar size or smaller... it seems like they were trying to rescue Ayesha Aapa from his bats :)))

Last edited by a moderator:
baalti said:
oh, in that case i'll prob just go for bats, as many i have spoken to say that the drill holes are very small sized, but i'll see naveed bhai's drilled bat first b4 i make a move, if the gloves they rip that would be purely fruitless, (did u ask customs to cover up ur loss on that, i was told by someone that they do compensate when they damage ur items for such security measures, not sure for how much authentic this is, but its worth a try on asking them to compensate)...

as far as which bats, honestly i am not too much into what sticker the bat has, i am more concerned about the specs that i prefer and the sweet spot area (to be middle/lowish), 8-11 straight grains, thick edges, i don't like the split coloured bats (example would be the fake GN or Ihsan 950 bats u showed from the kijiji post earlier on this page or last, where they have the wood with half bleached and half darkish/varnished type) SH, and a light pickup, and a 12pc cane handle is admirable (due to my thumb issues of past) if i can get that in a non-stickered bat i'd still be kicking in joy :) and that's why i am waiting for finding the right person to send to a store who can do that on my behalf and getting me a bat that i myself would prob pick off the shelf... its a slight risk, but i am willing to take esp given the prices we hear out here for decent bats... instead of paying 250 for 1 bat here, i am willing to get 2-3 bats of which even 1 turns out good and others avg at best i'll be happy...

now here is another question, on a shipment of 2+ bats, would they drill just one, or all... (if only one, i'd have them put a "plz don't drill this bat for the love of god" on a crapy bat... the customs will be forced to drill that one as the human nature is to go opposite of what one is being told, but doing that will prob have them drill em all, lolz :inzi )...
I did call DHL and told them that my gloves have been ripped but whenever there inspector came I was not home. InshALLAH I will call him once my exams are over and will tell him to come and check them out. JazakALLAH Khair for reminding me :)

Yaar whether it is small or big your bat has been damaged. God forbid if you don't get your money or compensating then your money is gone down the drain. As far compensation is concerned it depends how much you declare (in terms of value). If you declare a small value just to prevent from custom charges then God Forbid if they get treated in custom then you will get that small item. If you declare properly value then if they get treated in customs the benefit is that you will get your declared value.

When Naveed Bhai got one bat shipped from Pakistan it was not drilled but when he got two both of them got drilled. Its not that it always happens or it happens with two bats. It depends on your luck. Usually some seller do that. They put a note saying, "Don't drill! Use sniffer dogs" or "Don't drill, contact seller". This is a good idea as well

Yaar as long bats are concerned I believe in Pakistan you have to be watchful. As ca_gold suggested earlier theres lots of fake bats floating in the market. If you look at ca_gold friend's bat price then they are really decent price. Even Sherry Bhai bat prices are really decent (it sucks because he got charged by customs). I paid $190 for my CA 12000 Plus in October. It came from Pakistan through my old club mate.

Again if you have any question or concern please don't hesitate asking me

baalti said:
article-1179071-04DC2D70000005DC-214_468x601.jpg

article-1179071-04DC2CE8000005DC-102_233x345.jpg

some dude whose bats got drilled... and neither UK nor Pakistani customs would own up to who did the drilling... and the drilling in the sweet spot is simply stupid, coz from what i understand the side drill is somewhat ok, but instead of drilling the sweet spot they should have drilled it from rear/back of the bat, that way person can fill it up with some sort of thing and the bat remains good and security check is obtained too, but drilling the front/sweet spot is uttely sad in my opinion coz if they are going to take the liberty on damaging our products/items atleast put some effort in understanding on how to do the least amount of damage to it while at it... and thats a pretty thick drill bit too... frig... they can use the thinnest one possible and if any drug in there, the bit will catch it and bring it out...

CD did Naveed bhai's drill bit's were of similar size or smaller... it seems like they were trying to rescue Ayesha Aapa from his bats :)))
It is stupid but yaar think it this way. The custom dude is a white person and knows nothing about cricket. He wouldn't care about sweetspot, edges etc. Another reason that comes in my mind why they drill sweetspot is because that is the "fattest" part of the bat. So if someone is smuggling then high chances are that it will be in that area because it can hold up highest amount of whatever it is.

I think they were similar. If not then slightly smaller.

i think a wise thing for us bat owners would be to put a note on the front of bat saying if u must drill it plz do so from the back end, as drilling it front will make the bat completely useless, some sort of that note, coz if they drill from the front or back its the same to them and they should drill half way or 3/4th way across not a full through hole...and if the customs neglects that note, than i suppose the person will have a strong case against them... what do you think...

i will try and find out about the compensation bit... also, regardless of if they are white/brown/blue/purple/whatever, if they can tell the bat is under-valued by someone and they can have the liberty to drill it to satisfy their job, they sure should educate themselves about wth are they drilling, and how to least damage it...

baalti said:
i think a wise thing for us bat owners would be to put a note on the front of bat saying if u must drill it plz do so from the back end, as drilling it front will make the bat completely useless, some sort of that note, coz if they drill from the front or back its the same to them and they should drill half way or 3/4th way across not a full through hole...and if the customs neglects that note, than i suppose the person will have a strong case against them... what do you think...

i will try and find out about the compensation bit... also, regardless of if they are white/brown/blue/purple/whatever, if they can tell the bat is under-valued by someone and they can have the liberty to drill it to satisfy their job, they sure should educate themselves about wth are they drilling, and how to least damage it...
I am not sure. People say don't mess with them. Naveed Bhai's bat got drilled halfway from back and front.

As I said the maximum amount of whatever item it is could be stored in the middle of the bat (sweetspot)

Cover Drive said:
I am not sure. People say don't mess with them. Naveed Bhai's bat got drilled halfway from back and front.

As I said the maximum amount of whatever item it is could be stored in the middle of the bat (sweetspot)

that's what i am saying, sweetspot is the thickest part of the bat, but instead of drilling it from front, drill it from the back... that way we can fill that gaping hole with something and the bat won't be damaged in sense of its performance, it will be just an ugly mole on the back, no one likes an ugly mole on the face... :ibutt

baalti said:
that's what i am saying, sweetspot is the thickest part of the bat, but instead of drilling it from front, drill it from the back... that way we can fill that gaping hole with something and the bat won't be damaged in sense of its performance, it will be just an ugly mole on the back, no one likes an ugly mole on the face... :ibutt
Yaar as I said earlier Naveed Bhai's bat got drilled from back and front. That's what Naveed Bhai did. He filled those holes

Also what time does the practice start on Saturday?

Cover Drive said:
Yaar as I said earlier Naveed Bhai's bat got drilled from back and front. That's what Naveed Bhai did. He filled those holes

Also what time does the practice start on Saturday?

its 12-2 and from now on the remaining indoor practices (i assume soon we will go outdoors as soon as outdoors is available - i think may 12th) also it will be 2 nets throughout as the ppl that populated the net on the left side shifted their time and let us have the nets for the full two hours instead of being jam packed and huging ea other in one net all the way to the batsman...

baalti - it depends on your luck as far as drilling is concerned.....I have had a couple of guys that received their bats from Pak recently and there were no issues.

As per CD, just have the store label it and you should be ok. Also, declare the real value of the bat to ensure you get your money back in case of any damages.

xkalibur80 said:
baalti - it depends on your luck as far as drilling is concerned.....I have had a couple of guys that received their bats from Pak recently and there were no issues.

As per CD, just have the store label it and you should be ok. Also, declare the real value of the bat to ensure you get your money back in case of any damages.
I agree with xkalibur80 bhai!

Its a gamble after all.

Yup! You have!

I remember I once tried those gloves Afridi is wearing and I must say they were really good.

cricketer13 said:
they r nice but i heard MB LE are much better
Off course yaar as that is premium range of MB. Sherry Bhai so tomorrow GM LE is coming InshALLAH? Will you be able to sleep tonight? :p

Cover Drive said:
Off course yaar as that is premium range of MB. Sherry Bhai so tomorrow GM LE is coming InshALLAH? Will you be able to sleep tonight? :p

Yaar i dont know if it will b here 2moro :( all flights are canceled so no idea but cant wait for tht

cricketer13 said:
Yaar i dont know if it will b here 2moro :( all flights are canceled so no idea but cant wait for tht
Which flight got cancelled? Don't you have a tracking number? When did he ship it out though?

Cover Drive said:
Which flight got cancelled? Don't you have a tracking number? When did he ship it out though?

Yaar all european flights got cancelled due to iceland volcano eruption

cricketer13 said:
Yaar all european flights got cancelled due to iceland volcano eruption
Ohh okay. My bad these days due to exams I hadn't been much in news lol

I am assuming you are getting next day delivery aren't you?

cricketer13 said:
Wow that is amazing! Yaar almost every MB LE has similar grain structure.
I was about to say that. The picture you sent me of your MB LE was exactly like this. I personally believe it is player version.

Cover Drive said:
I was about to say that. The picture you sent me of your MB LE was exactly like this. I personally believe it is player version.

Remember I told u that my friend got first 2 MB LEs out of first batch of 20 that were to go for marketing so had to be perfect and I got lucky Mashallah!

cricketer13 said:
Remember I told u that my friend got first 2 MB LEs out of first batch of 20 that were to go for marketing so had to be perfect and I got lucky Mashallah!
Yes I remember. I hope I get a good one when I will buying it in summer InshALLAH

Cover Drive said:
Yes I remember. I hope I get a good one when I will buying it in summer InshALLAH

Uzair just received my GM LE and that thing is just amazing. Super light pick up.

ca_gold said:
Post some pics yaar - how does LE rank in terms of GM models?
Top. Best of best!

This how the list goes from top to bottom

Original Limited Edition
Original
and so on

Last edited:
cricketer13 said:
Uzair just received my GM LE and that thing is just amazing. Super light pick up.
Zabardast yaar! I am really happy for you!

Yaar post pictures of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back