Questions Regarding Cricket Equipment (Bats, Pads, Gloves etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cover Drive said:
Chalo I trust you on Afridi's bat :D

I prefer low sweet spot bats. This (CA 12000 Plus) has high to mid sweet spot so I kinda don't like it much.

Ohh and Sherry Bhai when I applied Hammer Edge on my CA 12000 Plus I saw a crack on the bat :(

How did u get that crack? Did u round the edges before playing in nets?

cricketer13 said:
How did u get that crack? Did u round the edges before playing in nets?
My CA bat has been knocked in really well. Edges are rounded off, they are knocked etc.

But the crack is not near the edge. Its like in the middle of the bat. At the moment it seems to be hairline.

I guess this is due to poor quality of balls

Cover Drive said:
JazakALLAH Khair for the pictures mate. Much appreciated

Everything looks good.

The plain bat is really good and I must say its best out of those three. The face of that plain bat is really clean except that blemish which doesn't really matter. The grains are good as well.

Slaz bat is also very good. It has got wider grains and is it grade 2? To me it does look G2 and for G2 it is very good. So thats another good piece

The Adidas bat is good as well. I am guessing that is grade 3, right? And that's not bad stick for grade 3.

The gloves are beautiful. Honestly I really liked them!

The pads are exactly like my CA 12000 Plus pads (from outside) whereas from inside they are better as its leather, right?

Overall its lush kit!

I hope it serves you really good and goes really well for you

InshALLAH you will score tons of runs with it

The Slazenger bat is Grade 2 or , Adidas is Grade 1 and so is the plain bat.

The Adidas bat looks a bit blurry, as I have applied a plain adhesive sheet on the face.

Overall, all the bats are good and of very high quality. The guy charges me around US$140 for Grade 1, and around US$120 a piece + shipping.

The guy has asked me around US $37 for aero stripper, and he reckons he can make them.

So I guess we have to wait and find out.

In regards to gloves and pads, I can tell you now, they are of very high quality and the pads inside, inside top and inside sides are all leather.

Gloves are of very good quality and are light and feel comfortable.

cricketer13 said:
Hey Nitrous,

Did you order Aero Strippers from Pakistan? b/c last I checked they did not have those in Pakistan.

Yes, I did, but they will be made for me :)

Cover Drive said:
Also nitrous bhai any significant reason for having low sweetspot?

No specific reasons, just like a low sweet spot.

Hopefully the next bat I have ordered, I have asked for a bit higher sweet spot.

Cover Drive said:
Yeah that's true. Since it's in Lahore (Anarkali) then I can definately go there and check the stuff out myself.

Ah okay not bad. I don't know I am tempted toward a custom made bat too but don't have any links in Sailkot. I am thinking of getting atleast three bats as well and out of that the two which I had decided that InshALLAH I will buy for sure are MB LE and AS LE. I will also buy MB LE soft. I was thinking of getting Inferno 950 as a third bat but if Boom Boom is in market then InshALLAH I will get that

Ohh okay. inshALLAH you will get everything soon and safely. InshALLAH I will resume cricket end of this month as well so hopefully by then they are here and I get a fhnace to see the gloves before you leave for Pakistan.

If you would like a custom made bat, let me know if I can help you out.

nitrous said:
No specific reasons, just like a low sweet spot.

Hopefully the next bat I have ordered, I have asked for a bit higher sweet spot.
Ohh okay.

Hows the bounce in Australia? Is it low?

nitrous said:
If you would like a custom made bat, let me know if I can help you out.
Thats soo kind of you. JazakALLAH Khair, I really appreciate it

If I plan to buy then I will surely give you a shout.

How much does a CA 12000 cost in Pakistan?

Also, does it need to be oiled and kocked before use or does "Ready to play" mean that part is taken care of at the factory?

Dare2Dream said:
How much does a CA 12000 cost in Pakistan?

Also, does it need to be oiled and kocked before use or does "Ready to play" mean that part is taken care of at the factory?

CA12000 is around 13500 rupees. Every bat regardless of what it says must be knocked.

Cover Drive said:
Sherry Bhai any idea how much is CA 12000 LE ? Also did you guys have practice today?

No idea about ca12000 le will let u know by tuesday. Yes we had practice today and it was good.

cricketer13 said:
No idea about ca12000 le will let u know by tuesday. Yes we had practice today and it was good.
Theek hai! InshALLAH I will be done exams on 19th and then I will come after that. InshALLAH I will call Naveed Bhai in a day or two to sort out membership.

CD bro practices are going great, way too many bowlers... today i got beamered about 6-7 times while batting, lolz.

yaar I wish i had someone coming from Pak so i could have gotten a couple of bats for myself. I am jealous :p u two got like 3+ bats and are getting that many more lolz... btw how big are the drill holes, just curious, are they big enough that the bat is dead wood or small enough that nothing to be worried about? and say I have 3 bats (and or 3-4 pairs of gloves) parcelled in, any custom/duty fees i should be concerned about?

Last edited:
baalti said:
CD bro practices are going great, way too many bowlers... today i got beamered about 6-7 times while batting, lolz.

yaar I wish i had someone coming from Pak so i could have gotten a couple of bats for myself. I am jealous :p u two got like 3+ bats and are getting that many more lolz... btw how big are the drill holes, just curious, are they big enough that the bat is dead wood or small enough that nothing to be worried about? and say I have 3 bats (and or 3-4 pairs of gloves) parcelled in, any custom/duty fees i should be concerned about?
Asalamalakium Warakamatulilahi Wabarakatuhu Ballti Bhai,

Achaa yaar thats great to hear. InshALLAH I will come after two-three weeks. Yeah I agree with you there are way too many bowlers around. I also agree with you that quality of bowling isn't that great. but Asad Bhai what happens is that if there is a batsman he also tends to bowl as its better to do something than nothing. In other words, just coming for batting in practice sounds a bit ridiculous. So everyone moves there arms and bowl

Haan yaar sometimes it gets quite disappointing sometimes. You can get bats directly shipped from factory at a good price (same as Pakistan's market price) but the problem is that shipping cost makes it ridiculous! Sometimes shipping is like 1/4 of bats worth.

Did you talk to Naveed Bhai regarding bats? He has around 11 or so bats so give him a shout. His bats are top notch. You can't underestimate his bats

Didn't you see Naveed Bhai AS V3 and MB Malik Sher Amin? They have drill holes in them. The holes itself are not that big but it doesn't matter how big is the hole. I mean whether the hole is big or too small it will affect the bat. But you can say the bigger the hole worst it is. And vice versa.

Custom fee depends on the value you declare. For a non gift item the maximum value is $20 whereas for a gift item is $60. Anything above those numerical figures will be charged and you will have to pay tariff. For example, if the sender declares item as a gift and value which is being declared is $100 so you will have to pay 13% (tax) on $40. Asad Bhai sometimes avoiding tariff a buyer and sender sometimes declare a small amount but the concern is that if it gets drilled or damaged then you will get that portion only. So it's a gamble

Yaar I recently bought around 5 pairs of gloves shipped from Pakistan and out of those five one of them got damaged and there are two which I didn't like. I am thinking of sellig them as I didn't like them. So I am planning to sell them. But if you want them then I can give them to you at the same price I paid for them.

Hope it helps!

Cover Drive said:
Asalamalakium Warakamatulilahi Wabarakatuhu Ballti Bhai,

Achaa yaar thats great to hear. InshALLAH I will come after two-three weeks. Yeah I agree with you there are way too many bowlers around. I also agree with you that quality of bowling isn't that great. but Asad Bhai what happens is that if there is a batsman he also tends to bowl as its better to do something than nothing. In other words, just coming for batting in practice sounds a bit ridiculous. So everyone moves there arms and bowl

Walaikumusalam :) i know i can understand that everyone wants to be involved and thats fine and dandy. however, it does have a bad effect on both batsmen and bowlers, for bowlers with the long breaks in between the delievries we get stiff, and for batsman, its not what they are gona face in game, but oh well... maybe another 2-3 practices indoor and than we are outdoors :)

Aur haan Bhai you asked me about your bowling. Honestly I did not get much chance to play against you. As the last time I cameto practice I batted quite late as I came late and I batted at that slow bowlers net. So didn't get much time to observe you. But from what I have seen you were great! I am not saying this because youare infront of me. When I first played against you when we played at Hagee you weren't great as you were quite off and your run up wasn't proper either. But from what I saw in last two practices which I attended you were really improved and bowled really good spell. You had really good pace and had a good line as well. You also have good variations. Your brother is quite similar to you in terms of bowling both have got pace and good variation. Your bouncer are quite good as well. Overall you are one of the best bowler at GT

baalti said:
Walaikumusalam :) i know i can understand that everyone wants to be involved and thats fine and dandy. however, it does have a bad effect on both batsmen and bowlers, for bowlers with the long breaks in between the delievries we get stiff, and for batsman, its not what they are gona face in game, but oh well... maybe another 2-3 practices indoor and than we are outdoors :)
Yeah you have a good point there. Another thing which I didn't like the other day was that when they made two teams for bowling and switched them after a while. I quite didn't like that concept. Yaar last year they always got two nets and it was fine but now with one net it is kinda a problem

Cover Drive said:
Haan yaar sometimes it gets quite disappointing sometimes. You can get bats directly shipped from factory at a good price (same as Pakistan's market price) but the problem is that shipping cost makes it ridiculous! Sometimes shipping is like 1/4 of bats worth.

Did you talk to Naveed Bhai regarding bats? He has around 11 or so bats so give him a shout. His bats are top notch. You can't underestimate his bats

Didn't you see Naveed Bhai AS V3 and MB Malik Sher Amin? They have drill holes in them. The holes itself are not that big but it doesn't matter how big is the hole. I mean whether the hole is big or too small it will affect the bat. But you can say the bigger the hole worst it is. And vice versa.

Custom fee depends on the value you declare. For a non gift item the maximum value is $20 whereas for a gift item is $60. Anything above those numerical figures will be charged and you will have to pay tariff. For example, if the sender declares item as a gift and value which is being declared is $100 so you will have to pay 13% (tax) on $40. Asad Bhai sometimes avoiding tariff a buyer and sender sometimes declare a small amount but the concern is that if it gets drilled or damaged then you will get that portion only. So it's a gamble

Yaar I recently bought around 5 pairs of gloves shipped from Pakistan and out of those five one of them got damaged and there are two which I didn't like. I am thinking of sellig them as I didn't like them. So I am planning to sell them. But if you want them then I can give them to you at the same price I paid for them.

Hope it helps!

hmm, Naved bhai wasnt there today so havent gotten a chance to see or speak with him, i'll next practice... coz i am thinking of getting 2-3 bats, getting them here is obv going to be overpriced compared to Pakistan, but i'll definitely give a look around to see a good deal.

in 2005 when i was playing this teammate of mine got a MB Zulfi, it didnt live up to his expectations/specs as he was opener, but for me it was perfect as a middle/lower order batter requiring a slightly heavier wood, so i got it from him for $80 (he had played one game with it only, but didnt last long) and he had paid $150 for it himself.

I work hard on my batting but honestly i am not your high run scoring machine batsman, so i don't really need to go for the really high end bats, and nor do i want to spend a fortune on them. so say if i were to get 3 bats from Pakistan at around 7k rupees ea, coming upto 21000 and add 2 pairs of gloves, and you guys have said decent/good ones come at about 3k ea, thats 6k hence a total of about 27k Rs that is about $330 add to it the amount my uncle will pay for parceling it, and $50 for taxes by Customs. bringing it to a grandtotal of about $400 for me. comparatively if i go for similar products here, 1 decent bat from a store is about $175 lolz and gloves are never below $30 mark, thats a total of $585 and if the bats drop to $125ea + 2 gloves thats $435... so it seems Pakistan parcel Zindabad... unless i get a unbelievable offer on bats/gloves out here...

bring your gloves to the next practice, i'll see if i feel comfy... also another crucial question, remem i told u i have twice fractured my RHThumb, so while batting i feel the after effects or get sore hand afterwards, are their any gloves that have thick protection area on the webbing part, or is there anyother thing/item besides inner gloves (as they do no good) to protect/absorb the shot impact.

Cover Drive said:
Yeah you have a good point there. Another thing which I didn't like the other day was that when they made two teams for bowling and switched them after a while. I quite didn't like that concept. Yaar last year they always got two nets and it was fine but now with one net it is kinda a problem

welcome to a fastbowlers nightmare... we don't like to wait so long in between deliveries... aik ball kara ke 10 min wait karo, or pitch about 4-5 sit for 20 mins come back, body gets stiff, ask Sherry we were speaking on this same issue and found the practice to be dull until the 2nd net was aquired...than i got into my mojo and was ripping it in...

another crucial thing that gets burried due to this is that (cricket is a 50% mind game + 50% skill) and when u only pitch 2-3 deliveries at a batsman or face the bowler only 2-3 times you don't get to pickup why you messed up or can you repeat another good stroke/delivery...meaning was it a flukey shot/prediction or could you do it again... often it ruins the bowlers into thinking their line/length was no good, where in fact it might have been a good ball with a fluke shot from the batsman... but since i am new to this team, i am not going to cause issue about this, just stay quiet for now...

Yeah do talk to him. Naveed Bhai himself (before injury) preferred heavy bats but now he opts out for lighter bats. He has good English bats such as Newbery, Hunts County, Few custom made and so on

I will reply in detail reagarding price in a bit

Yaar I will bring them and they offer test level protection. I mean as far protection goes they are top notch. If you need pictures let me know because I will not be coming to practice for next two-three weeks.

Cover Drive said:
Yeah do talk to him. Naveed Bhai himself (before injury) preferred heavy bats but now he opts out for lighter bats. He has good English bats such as Newbery, Hunts County, Few custom made and so on

I will reply in detail reagarding price in a bit

Yaar I will bring them and they offer test level protection. I mean as far protection goes they are top notch. If you need pictures let me know because I will not be coming to practice for next two-three weeks.

mainey konsa kal WC ka final khailna hai lolz, bring em when you come to practice next... and yea i'll see what Naveed bhai got, i am not sure if it was Sherry or another guy at practice today, they had CA12k but it was a bit heavy for their liking, i'll see if maybe they wana part with that and for how much...

CD - I checked out SF moulded pads at Power Play today....I personally found them to be better than Morrant but cheaper.

I can't seem to find the same pads online otherwise I would have posted a picture here.

Also, does anyone know of a reasonable priced place to get coloured uniforms made?

I can get a good deal at UT but shipping will kill me.

baalti said:
mainey konsa kal WC ka final khailna hai lolz, bring em when you come to practice next... and yea i'll see what Naveed bhai got, i am not sure if it was Sherry or another guy at practice today, they had CA12k but it was a bit heavy for their liking, i'll see if maybe they wana part with that and for how much...
You asked me a question regarding there protection so in my perspective that was the best way to describe it's protection

Do talk to him. Trust me Naveed Bhai is a top bloke.

I am not sure who it was but I am guessing it would be Sherry Bhai as he showed me his CA 12000 Plus pictures. Sherry Bhai has got best Pakistani bats collection

xkalibur80 said:
CD - I checked out SF moulded pads at Power Play today....I personally found them to be better than Morrant but cheaper.

I can't seem to find the same pads online otherwise I would have posted a picture here.

Also, does anyone know of a reasonable priced place to get coloured uniforms made?

I can get a good deal at UT but shipping will kill me.
It wasn't long ago a guy in Brampton was selling them at decent price. By the way, have you seen Morrants? Yaar Omair Bhai nothing beats Morrant. GM, GN nothing.

I know which pads you are talking about so don't worry about picture

Yaar in the club which I was in (before opting out) they got uniform made from UT Sports at a really good price. Cargo tends to be a cheaper option so try figuring out that. Of you want it from here then give Bali Sports a shout as there business ain't that great so they might have a good price

Aur sub theek hai?

Cover Drive said:
It wasn't long ago a guy in Brampton was selling them at decent price. By the way, have you seen Morrants? Yaar Omair Bhai nothing beats Morrant. GM, GN nothing.

Yaar in the club which I was in (before opting out) they got uniform made from UT Sports at a really good price. Cargo tends to be a cheaper option so try figuring out that. Of you want it from here then give Bali Sports a shout as there business ain't that great so they might have a good price

Aur sub theek hai?

Haan yaar everything is set! AS V3 comes out tomorrow for a practice game. I have been getting lazy to knock it in.....did some knocking today for about 1.5 hours and from the looks of it, it seemed pre-knocked - no seam marks were appearing when I used the ball.

I have sent Shakeel bhai an email but he hasn't replied back so I will have to send someone to his store.

Where is Bali sports? I have never heard of them.

Cover Drive said:

Aur sub theek hai?

Don't get me wrong, I used to love Morrant pads - as a matter of fact, Melvin (owner of Power Play sports) is willing to let the coloured one's go for under $100 as they were made for the Canadian team but they didn't purchase all of them so he has some left overs.

For some reason, I really liked SF moulded one's.....once we get a confirmation from T&D regaring our team, I will probably get a set of Morrants as our to be uniform is going to have red pads.

Also, I sold my CA10000 pads.....only took 2 days!

xkalibur80 said:
Don't get me wrong, I used to love Morrant pads - as a matter of fact, Melvin (owner of Power Play sports) is willing to let the coloured one's go for under $100 as they were made for the Canadian team but they didn't purchase all of them so he has some left overs.

For some reason, I really liked SF moulded one's.....once we get a confirmation from T&D regaring our team, I will probably get a set of Morrants as our to be uniform is going to have red pads.

Also, I sold my CA10000 pads.....only took 2 days!
There are two types of Morrant pads. Which one does Melvin have in stock?

Omair Bhai its one own preference. i mean one can like Kashimiri willow over english willow so it comes down to the person.

Thats great! Two days is quite good

Omair Bhai I see you being fond of lightweight pads. I have heard that BAS Bow 2020 are really good.

xkalibur80 said:
Haan yaar everything is set! AS V3 comes out tomorrow for a practice game. I have been getting lazy to knock it in.....did some knocking today for about 1.5 hours and from the looks of it, it seemed pre-knocked - no seam marks were appearing when I used the ball.

I have sent Shakeel bhai an email but he hasn't replied back so I will have to send someone to his store.

Where is Bali sports? I have never heard of them.
Just make sure you round off the edges properly and knock in the toe properly (it generally requires more knocking than the rest of the bat). Ifno seam marks are appearing then its fine. Its good to go! Will it be AS V3 first time going out for a game? Usually they say play throwdowns with good old ball but thats fine if you have knocked in enough

ohh he has email address as well? I have spoken to him couple of time on the phone and he seems top bloke

Its in Brampton. Rutherform and Steeles

Cover Drive said:
Just make sure you round off the edges properly and knock in the toe properly (it generally requires more knocking than the rest of the bat). Ifno seam marks are appearing then its fine. Its good to go! Will it be AS V3 first time going out for a game? Usually they say play throwdowns with good old ball but thats fine if you have knocked in enough

ohh he has email address as well? I have spoken to him couple of time on the phone and he seems top bloke

Its in Brampton. Rutherform and Steeles

Yes, the edges are rounded off now.....and yes it will be the first time I will be using it so let's see how it goes. The pick up seems very light and since I am not much of a hitter, it works for me.

Shakeel bhai does have an email address but it's better to call him. It's hard to order stuff over the phone I find. I would rather have someone go there and place it. That way you are assured that it will be done.

I will call Bali tomorrow to see what they have to offer. Melvin quoted me $30 for it with one logo and two colours. Don't think it will get any cheaper than this.

Also, he has the moulded Morrant pads....I don't know if there is a specific model.

Cover Drive said:
You asked me a question regarding there protection so in my perspective that was the best way to describe it's protection

Do talk to him. Trust me Naveed Bhai is a top bloke.

I am not sure who it was but I am guessing it would be Sherry Bhai as he showed me his CA 12000 Plus pictures. Sherry Bhai has got best Pakistani bats collection

i was joking yaar, once you start coming for practices after exam, than we shall have some fun :ibutt

Sherry does have good bats, it might have been his, not too sure... if its his, i hope he cracks a good deal, :inzi

xkalibur80 said:
Yes, the edges are rounded off now.....and yes it will be the first time I will be using it so let's see how it goes. The pick up seems very light and since I am not much of a hitter, it works for me.

Shakeel bhai does have an email address but it's better to call him. It's hard to order stuff over the phone I find. I would rather have someone go there and place it. That way you are assured that it will be done.

I will call Bali tomorrow to see what they have to offer. Melvin quoted me $30 for it with one logo and two colours. Don't think it will get any cheaper than this.

Also, he has the moulded Morrant pads....I don't know if there is a specific model.
Jee bus to phir subb theek hai InshALLAH it will play really good! Sometimes it gets really annoying when you play a superb cover drive and you only get one run due to outfield

I agree

Yeahh do call them tomorrow. Also how many pieces is Melvin giving? I am not sure how much it should be but he seems to have decent price as I have seen several clubs wearing uniforms made by powerplay

Morrant makes moudled pads but in that there are two type of pads. One is ultralite and other is International. If its international then buy it right away without even hesitating. But yeah do check it first. On ultralite it says "Morrant" on the straps

nitrous said:
Bounce in Australia isnt low. You have to get used to the bounce here.
Ohh okay. Well you have to get used to all conditions. But I asked that because the bounce has somewhat imact on the positionof the sweetspot

Cover Drive said:
Ohh okay. Well you have to get used to all conditions. But I asked that because the bounce has somewhat imact on the positionof the sweetspot

Yes that true :)

Have you decided to get some custom made bats yet?

nitrous said:
Yes that true :)

Have you decided to get some custom made bats yet?
Nope, I don't think I will go for a custom made. InshALLAH I will just buy two-three bats when I go to Pakistan

A while ago I was thinking of getting custom made gloves with my name and my prefered colours on them :)

CD - finally played with AS V3 today and boy is it a bat or what.....excellent ping and ball just travels. I let one of the team mates use it today and the first ball he played with it went over the ropes with minimal efforts.

You have to get one.

xkalibur80 said:
CD - finally played with AS V3 today and boy is it a bat or what.....excellent ping and ball just travels. I let one of the team mates use it today and the first ball he played with it went over the ropes with minimal efforts.

You have to get one.
Ahh its great to hear that! I am glad it is serving you well!

Do you mind shedding some light on its sweetspot?

InshALLAH when I go Pakistan in summer I will get AS V3 LE as that one is out as well

Paradox said:
Uzair,

I'm getting CA 12000 gloves and CA 10000 pads (as you recommended).
Thats good mate! Indeed very good decision

Did you make sure with whoever is picking up the stuff for you to get new CA 12000 Plus gloves? (the one with sharktoothed pittard palm (in other words black palm one)). I wouldn't be surprised if you got old ones

Cover Drive said:
Thats good mate! Indeed very good decision

Did you make sure with whoever is picking up the stuff for you to get new CA 12000 Plus gloves? (the one with sharktoothed pittard palm (in other words black palm one)). I wouldn't be surprised if you got old ones

The ones you showed me are the new CA 12000 Plus gloves, right?

I haven't ordered them from anybody yet. I'll be seeing whoever comes along next from Pakistan to here, and ask them. For now, I'll be okay with my Sher Amin gloves and pads.

Paradox said:
The ones you showed me are the new CA 12000 Plus gloves, right?

I haven't ordered them from anybody yet. I'll be seeing whoever comes along next from Pakistan to here, and ask them. For now, I'll be okay with my Sher Amin gloves and pads.
Yes (the one which have blackish palm are new ones)

I just don'tlike 'Dilshan' part in that bat.

I must add CA bats are amazing! Can't under estimate them at all!

honestly i feel CA just recycles on the stickers... there isn't much difference between a 10000 to a 12k or 12k le or custom or the TRD all the difference i see is on the stickers they put on them really... the only difference created is a players personal touch/specs for a bat... other than that the human eye can't detect much difference aside from the stickers by CA... i mean give me some change in shape of bat something, doesnt has to be OTT dramatic effect, but enough to differentiate the models... anywho, to me atleast, it seems like putting on new stickers every now and then to keep the sales up and to have ppl in believing its an all new...

baalti said:
honestly i feel CA just recycles on the stickers... there isn't much difference between a 10000 to a 12k or 12k le or custom or the TRD all the difference i see is on the stickers they put on them really... the only difference created is a players personal touch/specs for a bat... other than that the human eye can't detect much difference aside from the stickers by CA... i mean give me some change in shape of bat something, doesnt has to be OTT dramatic effect, but enough to differentiate the models... anywho, to me atleast, it seems like putting on new stickers every now and then to keep the sales up and to have ppl in believing its an all new...
CA is just changing the colour scheme of the stickers whereas shape is same. In fact, few more stickers are added in

I agree with you on shape part. Perhaps thats the reason why they came out with csutom range.

Cover Drive said:
CA is just changing the colour scheme of the stickers whereas shape is same. In fact, few more stickers are added in

I agree with you on shape part. Perhaps thats the reason why they came out with csutom range.

i think this is whats happened... they have reached a plateau/peak with their current design and can't seem to find that new or next design/model, hence they keep coming out with the same model but with different stickers (of different colors) to keep fans glued to them and to keep sales going... i owned the Inzi 329, and have had the opportunity to grab a feel of all the other 5k 8k 10k 12k models and now looking at TRD and Custom model pics, its obvious enough its same model getting different stickers.

I mean if I had a 5k model with say 2.9 weight, sh, lower sweet spot, 8 grains, thick edges, and someone else had 1 of the other with the same specs, only difference would be the stickers and maybe the slight variation on the curves/lining of the grains (as would be the case for any bats of the same model)...

users get too concious about the stickers/brand on the bat, and forget about the wood they are getting on the bat...

btw, today i had the fun of paying some cricket stores a trip to check out the prices on bats/gloves/helmets...

on avg, a half decent bat (with ever so obvious fake stickers) was priced at $250, a half decent glove set was priced at $50+, and a half decent helmet at $60+... honestly i laughed everytime i was told the prices, and when i went back to the counter and asked so what would you like, my reply was "actually i was reall reassuring myself to place an order from Pakistan and get some real equipment at real prices, thanks anyways"

CD i am sure u have seen the bats at these stores, the funniest is when you see that MRF/ADDIDAS/MB/CA/GN/etc bats somehow coincedentally happen to have the same wood, the same finishing job, and the same type of fake stickers on them...

baalti said:
i think this is whats happened... they have reached a plateau/peak with their current design and can't seem to find that new or next design/model, hence they keep coming out with the same model but with different stickers (of different colors) to keep fans glued to them and to keep sales going... i owned the Inzi 329, and have had the opportunity to grab a feel of all the other 5k 8k 10k 12k models and now looking at TRD and Custom model pics, its obvious enough its same model getting different stickers.

I mean if I had a 5k model with say 2.9 weight, sh, lower sweet spot, 8 grains, thick edges, and someone else had 1 of the other with the same specs, only difference would be the stickers and maybe the slight variation on the curves/lining of the grains (as would be the case for any bats of the same model)...

users get too concious about the stickers/brand on the bat, and forget about the wood they are getting on the bat...

btw, today i had the fun of paying some cricket stores a trip to check out the prices on bats/gloves/helmets...

on avg, a half decent bat (with ever so obvious fake stickers) was priced at $250, a half decent glove set was priced at $50+, and a half decent helmet at $60+... honestly i laughed everytime i was told the prices, and when i went back to the counter and asked so what would you like, my reply was "actually i was reall reassuring myself to place an order from Pakistan and get some real equipment at real prices, thanks anyways"

CD i am sure u have seen the bats at these stores, the funniest is when you see that MRF/ADDIDAS/MB/CA/GN/etc bats somehow coincedentally happen to have the same wood, the same finishing job, and the same type of fake stickers on them...
Willow plays a vital role as well. For example, CA 10000 Limited Edition is better than CA 12000 Plus. Becuase it has better willow than CA 12000 Plus. So willow is the major factor that leads them to have different ranges. Yaar they are really smart and they play cards appropriately. So I wouldn't really say that they ran out of ideas.

Do you mind naming the cricket store?

Over here there are quite few stores which stock fake bats. So you will have to be careful in selecting a bat. As you said in $250 you were getting half decented bat and in that you can get THE BEST bat in Pakistan and even from England you can get a really good stick in that money.

Yaar they get bats in bulk from a specific factory and then apply stickers themself

at first and by large Khan S, and then Hagee S, at the former it was funny how they had their own named models out lolz, i couldnt stop laughing, the later did have slightly better selection than former, same goes for the Bali S from yest (sat), their bats are equally laughable but better than KS, I really like how how they twitch before letting out the prices, as if they are thinking, hmmm this bat cost me $50 i must sell for $200, sir its $250 but only for you a special discount, you can have it for $240, take it and GO... i visited Qasra S a while back, and similar story, however a few yrs back these guys carried used bats on good prices, but have spiked the prices of late. The guys at gerrard visited a few months back and same story, quality is poor compared to prices being asked for...

CD trust me jub app CA 10000 peh Rs15000 spend karo gey, aur mein CA12k/5k/8k peh bhi Rs15000 spend karoon ga, wood will be the same ;) only our specs of choice would be different (given our order is from CA themselves and not a mediator)

Sad part is that their specific factory doesn't even produce decent bats... if these guys are pricing the crapy ones at $200+ i wonder what they would price a good one at. I am thinking of going to these guys and offering them same or slightly better quality woods at about $50-100 below their prices and see their reactions just to get the kick out of it... lolz

baalti said:
at first and by large Khan S, and then Hagee S, at the former it was funny how they had their own named models out lolz, i couldnt stop laughing, the later did have slightly better selection than former, same goes for the Bali S from yest (sat), their bats are equally laughable but better than KS, I really like how how they twitch before letting out the prices, as if they are thinking, hmmm this bat cost me $50 i must sell for $200, sir its $250 but only for you a special discount, you can have it for $240, take it and GO... i visited Qasra S a while back, and similar story, however a few yrs back these guys carried used bats on good prices, but have spiked the prices of late. The guys at gerrard visited a few months back and same story, quality is poor compared to prices being asked for...

CD trust me jub app CA 10000 peh Rs15000 spend karo gey, aur mein CA12k/5k/8k peh bhi Rs15000 spend karoon ga, wood will be the same ;) only our specs of choice would be different (given our order is from CA themselves and not a mediator)

Sad part is that their specific factory doesn't even produce decent bats... if these guys are pricing the crapy ones at $200+ i wonder what they would price a good one at. I am thinking of going to these guys and offering them same or slightly better quality woods at about $50-100 below their prices and see their reactions just to get the kick out of it... lolz
I doubt Khan Sports bats as well. Although Hagee has original bat. His bats are not fake whatsoever. Hagee doesn't have his own brand in stock. As far Qasra goes I haven't been there but he has good bats and his prices are good as well. He stocks Gray Nicolls and his willow and prices are much better than AK Pro from what I have heard. Apart form that Qasra's customer service is great as well. Bali is fine although for me Qasra is at the top then Hagee followed by Bali and Khan at last

Yaar onthis point I will not agree 9not in a bad tone). Willow of CA 5K and CA 12K can not be same whatsoever. If you buy origianl of these bats then there is no way you can get same wood. CA 12K is premier range in CA's catalogue whereas CA 5K is kinda like mid ranged bat (G3/G2)

Sometime I have noticed there bats have gone quite dry and due to that they look a bit horrible in terms of appearence

cricketer13 said:
CA12000 is around 13500 rupees. Every bat regardless of what it says must be knocked.

Thanks, is this a recent price, I heard CA 12K price went up and CA 10K quality has deteriorated.

Dare2Dream said:
Thanks, is this a recent price, I heard CA 12K price went up and CA 10K quality has deteriorated.
If you don't mind me answering this question then based on the fact on current price. price of CA 12000 Plus depreciated. And yes it is recent price

As far CA 10000 Plus is concerned it could be but CA 10000 Plus Limited Edition's quality is better than CA 12000 Plus

Hope it helps!

Cover Drive said:
Acha then I was mistaken yaar

Majid Bhai tell me more about your bats? What bay did you use in your last training? How was it? Which pads? Gloves?

Majid Bhai I am thinking of selling my Inferno 750 gloves
The Master Blaster Adidas bat I think is good as Bilal Shafayat's(notts player) match bat the ping is up there but balance probably not as good bcoz the shape is such type. I've not had a net for about weeks because of easter holidays and inshallah this friday the outdoor nets are starting.

Majid_V3 said:
The Master Blaster Adidas bat I think is good as Bilal Shafayat's(notts player) match bat the ping is up there but balance probably not as good bcoz the shape is such type. I've not had a net for about weeks because of easter holidays and inshallah this friday the outdoor nets are starting.
Ohh okay.

Majid Bhai hows your SG King Cobra performing?

Also Majid Bhai did you know James (Lekka wala) will be dealing with Adidas in UK

aoa everyone ! Any good websites for buying cricket equipment in USA?

My FIRST POST :14:

iRfaN_LA said:
aoa everyone ! Any good websites for buying cricket equipment in USA?

My FIRST POST :14:
Asalamalakium Warakamatulilahi Wabarakatuhu,

First of all, welcome to PP!

Please elaborate your preference for a bat (if you don't mind) as many people here will be able to tell you cheapest and best route that way

Cover Drive said:
Asalamalakium Warakamatulilahi Wabarakatuhu,

First of all, welcome to PP!

Please elaborate your preference for a bat (if you don't mind) as many people here will be able to tell you cheapest and best route that way

walikum salam bro !

I am just looking for tape-ball equipment. Tapeball bats, CA tennis balls and stumps. I live in Kentucky and there is no cricket shop around.

Waiyyakum!

Do you have Asian grocery stores in your area? If so then most of them stock tape ball bats

CD-I used my inferno yesterday in the nets and that thing blasts like a rocket. Next week i m gonna try MB LE as I was knocking it last week.

cricketer13 said:
CD-I used my inferno yesterday in the nets and that thing blasts like a rocket. Next week i m gonna try MB LE as I was knocking it last week.
Ohh okay. How did the handle on Inferno feel? Also Sherry Bhai are you coming to this Saturday's practice?

Cover Drive said:
Ohh okay. How did the handle on Inferno feel? Also Sherry Bhai are you coming to this Saturday's practice?

The bat overall felt great. I noticed that i wasnt feeling any aftershocks lol.

Yes, I am coming to next week's practice and bringing a friend of mine you should see him bowl (prolly the fastest in our team)

cricketer13 said:
The bat overall felt great. I noticed that i wasnt feeling any aftershocks lol.

Yes, I am coming to next week's practice and bringing a friend of mine you should see him bowl (prolly the fastest in our team)
Acha if you can bring it along yourself one day and I will have a look at it

Ohh okay. I am thinking of coming as my last exam is on 19th so I am thinking that I should come. Is your friend also joining GT? Also is this that guy you were telling me about? (Pardon, me I forgot his name. I think it starts with "A")

Cover Drive said:
Acha if you can bring it along yourself one day and I will have a look at it

Ohh okay. I am thinking of coming as my last exam is on 19th so I am thinking that I should come. Is your friend also joining GT? Also is this that guy you were telling me about? (Pardon, me I forgot his name. I think it starts with "A")

Yes, I will bring my MB LE and GM (if it arrives by then). I am not sure if he will join or not but yes his name starts with a-ammar.

cricketer13 said:
Yes, I will bring my MB LE and GM (if it arrives by then). I am not sure if he will join or not but yes his name starts with a-ammar.
InshALLAH I will try to come myself as well.

Yeah, Ammar now I remember him. The UfT guy!

If I come bring Inferno as well (if you don't mind :) )

Also did you get handle fixed on Dynadrive?

Cover Drive said:
InshALLAH I will try to come myself as well.

Yeah, Ammar now I remember him. The UfT guy!

If I come bring Inferno as well (if you don't mind :) )

Also did you get handle fixed on Dynadrive?

Sure i will bring em all.

Nai yaar i m still thinking whether i shud spend $100 on a handle or not. The bat itself is in excellent condition but $100 for a handle is killing me

cricketer13 said:
Sure i will bring em all.

Nai yaar i m still thinking whether i shud spend $100 on a handle or not. The bat itself is in excellent condition but $100 for a handle is killing me
JazakALLAH Khair yaar! I really appreciate it!

That's true. I mean in $100 you can easily get AS V3 in Pakistan lol. The bat itself is in prestige condition. No doubt about that! Since you are going Pakistan in May why don't you take it along yourself to Pakistan in May and get it fixed?

Cover Drive said:
JazakALLAH Khair yaar! I really appreciate it!

That's true. I mean in $100 you can easily get AS V3 in Pakistan lol. The bat itself is in prestige condition. No doubt about that! Since you are going Pakistan in May why don't you take it along yourself to Pakistan in May and get it fixed?

I dont want round short pak. handle on GN bat. So, it needs to be fixed by some authorized dealer.

cricketer13 said:
I dont want round short pak. handle on GN bat. So, it needs to be fixed by some authorized dealer.
I understand what you are trying to say.

Sherry Bhai who gave you that quote?

cricketer13 said:
Qasra sports. I will find the quote from bedessee soon.
I will make a thread on another forum and see how much it would be if you get it fixed from UK. I will let you know if I find any lower than $100

Qasra is quite reliable. I haven't been to them but they are trustable. Plus they stock GN bats so they might know what to do.

Bedessee is good as well!

Another guy who deals with GN is AK Pro. Might want to give them a shout. Let me know if you need one of there representative direct number.

Cover Drive said:
I will make a thread on another forum and see how much it would be if you get it fixed from UK. I will let you know if I find any lower than $100

Qasra is quite reliable. I haven't been to them but they are trustable. Plus they stock GN bats so they might know what to do.

Bedessee is good as well!

Another guy who deals with GN is AK Pro. Might want to give them a shout. Let me know if you need one of there representative direct number.

Thanks Uzair. But I dont wanna send it out to UK too much hassle shipping etc. I should get the quote from Bedessee and then see who can bring it down. But yes I talked to lots of people and they all recommended that i should get the handle fixed since the bat is all knocked and in amazing condition.

cricketer13 said:
Thanks Uzair. But I dont wanna send it out to UK too much hassle shipping etc. I should get the quote from Bedessee and then see who can bring it down. But yes I talked to lots of people and they all recommended that i should get the handle fixed since the bat is all knocked and in amazing condition.
No worries!

Do you only want to get bat fixed by GN authorized dealer or third party will do the trick? If third party then contact Hagee as well because I have seen him doing this.

The bat pings really good as well. I was surprised to see that in all those years the performance did not depreciate nor it was misused

Cover Drive said:
No worries!

Do you only want to get bat fixed by GN authorized dealer or third party will do the trick? If third party then contact Hagee as well because I have seen him doing this.

The bat pings really good as well. I was surprised to see that in all those years the performance did not depreciate nor it was misused

Authorized dealer only. I dont trust Hagee as they might put regular handle as oppose to 12 pc cane handle and I wont be able to find out later. So better pay more and get the job done right.

Alright Uzair I gtg study for my exam. Talk to u later.

Take care and Allah hafiz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back