Questions Regarding Cricket Equipment (Bats, Pads, Gloves etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's going pretty good actually, have never felt the need to knock or oil it any further. Lovely ping off the bat, huge middle. I was lucky to get a good Bubber Sher piece, it's the thickest Bubber Sher I've ever seen (and I've seen quite a few actually).

Cover Drive said:
Asalamalakium Brother,

Hope you are well!

Last Friday I got my package from Pakistan and I got bunch of different brand gloves from Pakistan. So the best Pakistani gloves I found were CA 12000 Plus and Ihsan Inferno 950. Both of these gloves are excellent. CA ones are really comfortable and there palm is really soft and good as it is shark toothed black pittard. And on the other hand Inferno 950 gloves are amazing as well. They have pittard palm which is quite good as well.

So at the end if I were you then I would buy Inferno 950 and CA 12000 Plus gloves. I firmly believe they are best Pakistani gloves.

Hope it helps

Please don't hesitate asking more questions if you have any

JazakALLAH Khair,

Please bare me if any mistakes were made above as I am writing this from my phone

Thanks for the quick reply CD - which one would you prefer more? The CA or the Irfan? I'll be ordering two pairs again since I might be having a few family friends coming over to visit us in Singapore, so should I order two pairs of the CA itself or one pair of the CA gloves and one pair of the Ihsan ones? And any idea of how much they are approx.? in Pakistan rupees?

Thanks mate, appreciate it

The best gloves you will find at the moment would be new MB Bubber SHER LE gloves, they have pittard palm and very comfortable. I checked all the gloves on my recent visit and found latest MB gloves were the best in quality and comfort

mana said:
The best gloves you will find at the moment would be new MB Bubber SHER LE gloves, they have pittard palm and very comfortable. I checked all the gloves on my recent visit and found latest MB gloves were the best in quality and comfort
I wanted to get those as well but they are not fully realeased in the market

mana said:

Are there MB Malik Bubber Sher pads too? I have a Bubber Sher, would love Bubber Sher gloves and pads too. Are they as comfortable as the ones Cover Drive has listed, the CA and Ihsan ones?

Paradox said:
Are there MB Malik Bubber Sher pads too? I have a Bubber Sher, would love Bubber Sher gloves and pads too. Are they as comfortable as the ones Cover Drive has listed, the CA and Ihsan ones?
Yes new pads have been released, the quality was good but i didn't like the looks, both available to buy

Paradox said:
Thanks for the quick reply CD - which one would you prefer more? The CA or the Irfan? I'll be ordering two pairs again since I might be having a few family friends coming over to visit us in Singapore, so should I order two pairs of the CA itself or one pair of the CA gloves and one pair of the Ihsan ones? And any idea of how much they are approx.? in Pakistan rupees?

Thanks mate, appreciate it
No worries!

Oh okay so you need two pair of same gloves? Make sense as one gets sweaty etc. If I were you and am in same situation then I would buy CA ones. They have really good palm and are really comfortable. Thus, I would choose CA ones over Ihsan.

But again it's your preference and your pick as it's your money.

Uhmm one of my club mate got Inferno 950 for somethig around Rs.1300 from UT Sports and I think CA are close to that as well.

I would suggest you to look at pictures of both gloves and see which one are better. If you want more pictures then PM me your email address and InshALLAH I will send you loads of pictures from all different angles tonight (sorry I can't send them right now as I am gong out with my cousins. I hope you don't mind)

Hope it helps

JazakALLAH Khair

Let me know if you need to know anything else

Paradox said:
Since you have Sher Amin gloves and have been using them for a while now then you can assume yourself how good they would be as they tend to be better than Sher Amin

Cover Drive said:
No worries!

Oh okay so you need two pair of same gloves? Make sense as one gets sweaty etc. If I were you and am in same situation then I would buy CA ones. They have really good palm and are really comfortable. Thus, I would choose CA ones over Ihsan.

But again it's your preference and your pick as it's your money.

Uhmm one of my club mate got Inferno 950 for somethig around Rs.1300 from UT Sports and I think CA are close to that as well.

I would suggest you to look at pictures of both gloves and see which one are better. If you want more pictures then PM me your email address and InshALLAH I will send you loads of pictures from all different angles tonight (sorry I can't send them right now as I am gong out with my cousins. I hope you don't mind)

Hope it helps

JazakALLAH Khair

Let me know if you need to know anything else

Hey CD, nope, I don't need two pairs of the same gloves. I do need two pairs of gloves though, but I'm just asking - if the Ihsan and the CA ones are as good as each other, I'll get one pair of Ihsan gloves and one pair of CA gloves. But if the CA gloves are better, I'll get two CA pairs, won't get the Ihsan ones.

But since you've said the CA ones are better, I'll most probably get the CA ones, after checking out the Bubber Sher gloves of course. Have you seen the Bubber Sher gloves, CD? How do they look? Have you worn them? How do they feel?

Sure, I'd love to see photos of both the Ihsan and the CA. My email address is tabish17@hotmail.com - thanks a lot man. Cheers!

Paradox said:
Hey CD, nope, I don't need two pairs of the same gloves. I do need two pairs of gloves though, but I'm just asking - if the Ihsan and the CA ones are as good as each other, I'll get one pair of Ihsan gloves and one pair of CA gloves. But if the CA gloves are better, I'll get two CA pairs, won't get the Ihsan ones.

But since you've said the CA ones are better, I'll most probably get the CA ones, after checking out the Bubber Sher gloves of course. Have you seen the Bubber Sher gloves, CD? How do they look? Have you worn them? How do they feel?

Sure, I'd love to see photos of both the Ihsan and the CA. My email address is tabish17@hotmail.com - thanks a lot man. Cheers!
Yes to me CA ones are better than any Pakistani brand but I have seen loads of international players both Pakistani an international using Inferno 950.

Uhmm I wanted to get those as well but they aren't fully realeased and aren't fully available in the market. So sorry I was not able to help you out

InshaALLH I will email you bunch of pictures tonight. Hope that's fine with you

JazakALLAH Khair

Cover Drive said:
PM me your details and price and all that

u already have my details from Custom Bat forum, need to guess who i am?

You are Uzair

Last edited:
Cover Drive said:
Since you have Sher Amin gloves and have been using them for a while now then you can assume yourself how good they would be as they tend to be better than Sher Amin

I've got Sher Amin gloves and pads. I took a few pictures of them myself just now but can't manage to get them on here, so I just took the pictures from the MB Malik site:

556.jpg

453.jpg

Cover Drive said:
Asalamalakium Brother,

Hope you are well!

Last Friday I got my package from Pakistan and I got bunch of different brand gloves from Pakistan. So the best Pakistani gloves I found were CA 12000 Plus and Ihsan Inferno 950. Both of these gloves are excellent. CA ones are really comfortable and there palm is really soft and good as it is shark toothed black pittard. And on the other hand Inferno 950 gloves are amazing as well. They have pittard palm which is quite good as well.

So at the end if I were you then I would buy Inferno 950 and CA 12000 Plus gloves. I firmly believe they are best Pakistani gloves.

Hope it helps

Please don't hesitate asking more questions if you have any

JazakALLAH Khair,

Please bare me if any mistakes were made above as I am writing this from my phone

CD - where did you order it from?

i have a few friends who are from Toronto, whome i have posted cricket equipment. Gloves or other equipment can be posted from UK but i think the postage makes it little expensive. there is a good difference in the qualitiy of bats u get from Pakistan and what they ship abroad(export quality)

Guys, how can one tell if a cricket bat is polycoated? I heard that there is no need to oil polycoated bats, only knocking in is required. Is that true also? I want to know if the Bubber Sher is polycoated or not but I can't figure out by looking at it. Wish I had a camera! Thanks.

Last edited:
xkalibur80 said:
I meant to ask whether you purchased online and if not, did someone ship it for you?
Ohh okay sorry

I bought them from a guy who is based in Pakistan and sells stuff

Cover Drive said:
Yes, but he gives better prices on the phones as his website prices are messed up

Thanks Cover Drive, but you see, I am in Australia.

So it seems like I might have to email him about his best prices.

nitrous said:
Thanks Cover Drive, but you see, I am in Australia.

So it seems like I might have to email him about his best prices.
No worries!

I am sure both of them have dealt with customers in Australia

Last edited:
Paradox said:

Sure, I'd love to see photos of both the Ihsan and the CA. My email address is - thanks a lot man. Cheers!
There you go I have emailed you the pictures.

Thanks for the pictures Cover Drive, received them. Both the Ihsan and the CA look very nice, but since you said that the CA just edges out the Ihsan in terms of comfort, I think I'll be getting the CA gloves. The prices of the CA and the Ihsan are similar too, right? Any idea?

Anyway, just another question and I think I'm done lol. Same question as I asked originally about which gloves to get which are actually available in Pakistan, but now about the pads - which are the BEST pads (price doesn't matter, again) which are actually available in Pakistan?

Thanks a lot mate.

Cover Drive said:
Are you Asad Bhai?

Yes I am!

Yes I am Asad
I own AS Sports UK and our web site is
www.uzisports.com.

We ship to worldwide but you have to email me for the shipping charges as it varies from country to country.

Any questions plz email or ask me here.

Regards

Asad

Paradox said:
Asad, how much do you charge for shipping to Singapore? Cheers

the postage is calculated on volumetric weight so basically depends on what equipment u r buying

Regards

Asad

falcon7a said:
Hey guys, I just picked up a Bubber Sher Limited Edition bat. Its a beautiful bat and I'll post pictures in a few days (don't have camera yet). I got it from UT Sports. The shopkeeper specifically told me that the bat is ready to play and there is no need to oil it or knock it in. He did have a mallet but he didn't even have any linseed oil. He said no one uses the oil anymore. Should I believe him and not oil the bat? If UT Sports didn't have the oil, I'm wondering where to even get oil from.

The UT guy doesn't know what he's talking about. ALL bats need to be knocked, even the ones that are 'Ready to Play.' These bats require less knocking than non-ready-to-play bats but require knocking nevertheless. You should also apply a couple of coats of oil on your bat.. you can get the linseed oil from Gizri (its called alsi ka tel in urdu). I would suggest you take a ball mallet and use that for about 2 hours over the entire surface of the bat especially the edges. Then take a wooden mallet and use that for a further 2 hours.

Uhmm interesting Paradox. I recently got Sher Amin gloves and mine seems to be different than your in terms of colour scheme

As far pads are concerned what type of pads do you want? Such as lightweight, moudled etc

One question can i use these gloves for sports bike also. i think i will have to work on the inner protection.

Uhmm I am not sure as I haven't tried it. But it's always worth trying so there's no harm in trying. But I personally believe they will be a bit too bulky

frz said:
The UT guy doesn't know what he's talking about. ALL bats need to be knocked, even the ones that are 'Ready to Play.' These bats require less knocking than non-ready-to-play bats but require knocking nevertheless. You should also apply a couple of coats of oil on your bat.. you can get the linseed oil from Gizri (its called alsi ka tel in urdu). I would suggest you take a ball mallet and use that for about 2 hours over the entire surface of the bat especially the edges. Then take a wooden mallet and use that for a further 2 hours.

Hey frz,

The problem is that the bat is covered with a plastic polycoat. If I apply oil, it won't penetrate the wood since no wood is exposed. I am planning on applying a scuff sheet and then knocking it in.

falcon7a said:
Hey frz,

The problem is that the bat is covered with a plastic polycoat. If I apply oil, it won't penetrate the wood since no wood is exposed. I am planning on applying a scuff sheet and then knocking it in.

apply it from the bottom (toe) of the bat... and leave it upside down for a good while (12+ hrs)... reapply upto 2-3 times...

anyone from toronto/missi/bramp area going to Pak or already in Pak and about to return by mid may, plz let me know, i am looking to buy a couple of bats and 3 pairs of batting gloves. If anyone is going do let me know, i'll detail you on my specifications. i know CD is going to Pak, but its pretty obvious that he will be bringing back more than enough for himself...

if anyone out here in the bramp/misi area is selling bats do let me know, i'll see and decide if i wana buy, but obv the prices for bats here are inflated beyond comprehension esp at those stores where you can tell the bats have fake stickers on from a mile and are of low quality with price tags starting at $150+ where one wouldnt wana pay $15 for them lolz... thats not to say i am looking for a bat for $15, lolz...

also if you know any good seller who operates from home out here, there was this wan guy who sold MATRIXX bats out here in Bramp and the bats were of good/decent quality esp with the asking prices it made it a deal, the guy moved and i lost contact... so if there are any similar sellers out there, let me know...

falcon7a said:
Hey frz,

Yes, Bubber Shers are polycoated and hence the oil doesn't soak in. Whereas Bubber Sher toes have something else on which you can't oil (it is very good indeed).

Don't do that. Knock first and then apply scuff sheet. Also knock with wooden mallet first and then with ball mallet to see if seam marks appear

Hope it helps

baalti said:
anyone from toronto/missi/bramp area going to Pak or already in Pak and about to return by mid may, plz let me know, i am looking to buy a couple of bats and 3 pairs of batting gloves. If anyone is going do let me know, i'll detail you on my specifications. i know CD is going to Pak, but its pretty obvious that he will be bringing back more than enough for himself...

if anyone out here in the bramp/misi area is selling bats do let me know, i'll see and decide if i wana buy, but obv the prices for bats here are inflated beyond comprehension esp at those stores where you can tell the bats have fake stickers on from a mile and are of low quality with price tags starting at $150+ where one wouldnt wana pay $15 for them lolz... thats not to say i am looking for a bat for $15, lolz...
Asad Bhai ask Naveed Bhai. He has tons of bats and he gets more than happy if he finds a buyer. His bats are of good quality whereas you can talk on price as you are in his club

As far gloves are concerned I saw a guy on Kijiji selling gloves and he had them at a decnt price. They were slightly above what you would pay in Pakistan

Hope it helps

Cover Drive said:
Uhmm interesting Paradox. I recently got Sher Amin gloves and mine seems to be different than your in terms of colour scheme

As far pads are concerned what type of pads do you want? Such as lightweight, moudled etc

What're the different types? And what are the price ranges of each? Thanks a lot CD

Paradox said:
What're the different types? And what are the price ranges of each? Thanks a lot CD
No worries mate!

There are differrent style of pads such as traditional, modern, moudled etc

Traditional ones are like the one you have (Sher Amin). In traditional pads you have 7-9 wooden canes (vertically). For example, Afridi's

Modern style pads are a bit fancy and good looking (in my opinion) but there are not much Pakistani pads which are like that. For example, Mohammad Yousuf's pads

Moudled pads are like Sachin Tenudulkar ones. They have two straps and they have such design that they wrap on your legs pretty decently and are really light compare to above two.

Sorry I wasn't able to post pictures of each as I am on my phone :(

Hope it helps!

It's okay, don't need pictures really. So what's the difference between each? Which is best in terms of comfort? Which is best in terms of looks? Which is best in terms of weight? Which are the cheapest, and which are the most expensive?

Thanks mate :)

Uhmm prices are almost same, theres not much of a difference in terms of price. I am not too sure about prices as I am not aware of prices in Pakistan markets but from what I remember when I called UT back in October those lightweights (moudled ones) were around Rs. 1600 so I would reckon price range of good quality pads would be around Rs. 1200 to Rs. 2000. Prices of pads are slightly higher than gloves. Again these figures are not precise so I apologize for that.

Uhmm the difference among traditional, modern and moudled is that traditional tends to be heaviest, modern comes second and moudled are lightest. Honestly I go after look as well. I personally like modern style pads more than traditional because they look nicer to me but your opinion could vary. Comfort level of traditional and modern is same as they are only different from there "look". I am not sure how comfortable are moudled as I have never tried them but I have heard people saying they don't feel anything wearing when batting as they are soo light.

If I was making a decision then I would choose moudled as I already have traditional style pads. One thing that I don't like about Pakistani pads is that (traditonal ones) is that they are very bulky and big and they don't fit that cleanly. I have CA 12000 Plus pads and I don't wear them because they don't fit properly on my legs and thus I find difficulties in running. But its your money so your pick

Hope it helps

So I should get moudled pads? Are they available in Pakistan? And what brands produce them?

If you like

Yes, they are

CA. CA 10000 Plus, you might want to check them out on CA's website

Paradox said:
So I should get moudled pads? Are they available in Pakistan? And what brands produce them?

I am selling my CA 10000 Plus moulded pads that CD is referring to.

They are ultralight and snug right on to your legs.

I am selling them for $50 and shipping would obviously be extra since you are in Singapore.

You might be better off getting a quote through CA directly as shipping is not that high from Pakistan.

Cover Drive said:
Omair Bhai just out of curiosity why are you selling them? Don't you like them?

I am getting a complete AS set so no need for this one. I love the pads but would like all the equipment to match the brand.

xkalibur80 said:
I am getting a complete AS set so no need for this one. I love the pads but would like all the equipment to match the brand.
Ohh okay so which one are you getting?

Cover Drive said:
Ohh okay so which one are you getting?

I have asked UT sports if they can get me V3 gloves and pads - not sure if the pads are out yet??

I may also consider getting a Puma Iridium set that is currently on sale at Prodirect. What do you think?>

xkalibur80 said:
I have asked UT sports if they can get me V3 gloves and pads - not sure if the pads are out yet??

I may also consider getting a Puma Iridium set that is currently on sale at Prodirect. What do you think?>
AS V3 pads are out. I might have a picture of them somewhere on my computer. Shipping for a pair of pads is just ridiculous

I haven't looked it. I will see it and let you know

Ohh hoo Majid Bhai zabardast!

Where did you get CA 12000 Plus from and when?

Majid Bhai can you post more pictures of Adidas bat? Such as grains

Very nice collection indeed and rising rather quickly.....I like Icon as well.....which grade is it?

Cover Drive said:
Ohh hoo Majid Bhai zabardast!

Where did you get CA 12000 Plus from and when?

Majid Bhai can you post more pictures of Adidas bat? Such as grains

JazakAllah Khair Uzair bhai
That CA 12k is fake. I will post some pictures of the adidas bat grains btw thesedays I dont have a good camera fone and thats why the pictures are not that great quality.
This adidas is the best bat so far it has the best ping out of all the bats.
Btw SG make these adidas bats

Last edited:
adidasgrains3.jpg

adidasgrains.jpg

adidasgrains1.jpg

adidasgrains2.jpg

10 grains on the adidas bat but one small blemish.
Ut oiih Uzair when did u become a pp moderator?

Last edited:
Majid_V3 said:
JazakAllah Khair Uzair bhai
That CA 12k is fake. I will post some pictures of the adidas bat grains btw thesedays I dont have a good camera fone and thats why the pictures are not that great quality.
This adidas is the best bat so far it has the best ping out of all the bats.
Btw SG make these adidas bats
Waiyyakum

Uhmm where did you get it from then? It looks okay thought but the grains aren't that bad on it. From stickers it looks original but from grip it doesn't. it would be a good bat for practice

Achaa theek hai

Acha. Is Adidas ping better than SF and GM? I thought BAS made them but I like your Adidas sweetspot position. It is mid to low which is good for your pitches

Cover Drive said:
Waiyyakum

Uhmm where did you get it from then? It looks okay thought but the grains aren't that bad on it. From stickers it looks original but from grip it doesn't. it would be a good bat for practice

Achaa theek hai

Acha. Is Adidas ping better than SF and GM? I thought BAS made them but I like your Adidas sweetspot position. It is mid to low which is good for your pitches
I stickered up my Slazenger hyperblade grade 4 as CA plus 12k and I got the stickers off my frnds fake CA bat.
SF and GM are both excellent bats but this adidas seems more pingy atm. But I havn't really tested it yet and inshallah in few days I will test it out properly. Ajit told me the bats are made by SG. The shape is same as tendulkar's bat

Last edited:
Majid_V3 said:
I stickered up my Slazenger hyperblade grade 4 as CA plus 12k and I got the stickers off my frnds fake CA bat.
SF and GM are both excellent bats but this adidas seems more pingy atm. But I havn't really tested it yet and inshallah in few days I will test it out properly. Ajit told me the bats are made by SG. The shape is same as tendulkar's bat
Achaa theek hai. I was wondering that where is your Slaz bat lol.

I am assuming this bat is soft pressed and it might lose its ping after a while. But Majid Bhai Tendulkar's bat is made by BAS

Also Majid Bhai how is the balance and pick up of this bat?

Majid_V3 said:

As salam ale kum,

Majid bhai, is your GM ICON Grade 1 LE? BTW how is this GM bat overall? I have custom ordered ICON DXM ORIGINAL LE and want to know more about GM.
All of your bats look awesome yaar.

Thanks

Sherry Bhai if you don't mind me answering the question then no its not Icon LE. It is GM+ DXM Icon 808.

I always ask Majid Bhai regarding his GM bat and honestly he is always full praise of his GM bat. Pingwise it is very good as it goes like gun in Majid Bhais view.

I think Majid Bhai is off now so he might not reply until tomorrow. I know Majid Bhai quite well so I know about his whole kit :D

Cover Drive said:
Sherry Bhai if you don't mind me answering the question then no its not Icon LE. It is GM+ DXM Icon 808.

I always ask Majid Bhai regarding his GM bat and honestly he is always full praise of his GM bat. Pingwise it is very good as it goes like gun in Majid Bhais view.

I think Majid Bhai is off now so he might not reply until tomorrow. I know Majid Bhai quite well so I know about his whole kit :D

Thank you Uzair bhai. I should be getting my GM early next week, cant wait for that. I am also ordering one more MB LE (2.6), Ihsan Inferno 950, CA 10000LE and Custom made bat along with 3 pair of gloves. Should be here by the end of this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back