Questions Regarding Cricket Equipment (Bats, Pads, Gloves etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Majid_V3 said:
thanks Uzair.
I got the IPL Shirts from this website http://www.myntra.com/
but the bat is from Ajit.
I think BAS are making the bats for adidas in India but am not sure and I will receive the bat in 2 days inshallah I will let you how it performs.

Do you know if there are any other websites that sell personalized Pakistani apparel?

Guys, I am going to Pakistan and want to buy a cricket bat from there. In the league that I play in, the grass is generally thick and the ball doesn't travel like its supposed to in the outfield. The pitch is cemented with a matting on top so the bounce is pretty even and steep.

I've read thru this entire thread in search of my answer for which cricket bat to get. Its a toss up between the AS V3, CA 12,000 and Bubber Sher. These bats are priced differently but I'd like to buy the best bat possible amongst these 3 regardless of price. Can anyone who has played with these bats give me an objective comparison between them. I am looking for a comparison on the following parameters:
1. Ping
2. Weight distribution 'feel'
3. Handle quality
4. Durability

Based on my research so far off different forums, the AS V3 seems to have quality issues, The CA 12000 seems to not be a slogger's bat (small sweet spot??) and the Bubber Sher seems to suffer from poor ping. I have NO idea if these claims are accurate, I'm just saying that this is whats on the different review sites. However, if we can consolidate feedback on this thread, it would go a long way in clearing any confusion about these bats in the minds of the public (since this is the longest thread on Pakistani bats on the internet).

Thank you.

Last edited:
falcon7a said:
Guys, I am going to Pakistan and want to buy a cricket bat from there. In the league that I play in, the grass is generally thick and the ball doesn't travel like its supposed to in the outfield. The pitch is cemented with a matting on top so the bounce is pretty even and steep.

I've read thru this entire thread in search of my answer for which cricket bat to get. Its a toss up between the AS V3, CA 12,000 and Bubber Sher. These bats are priced differently but I'd like to buy the best bat possible amongst these 3 regardless of price. Can anyone who has played with these bats give me an objective comparison between them. I am looking for a comparison on the following parameters:
1. Ping
3. Handle quality
4. Durability

Based on my research so far off different forums, the AS V3 seems to have quality issues, The CA 12000 seems to not be a slogger's bat (small sweet spot??) and the Bubber Sher seems to suffer from poor ping. I have NO idea if these claims are accurate, I'm just saying that this is whats on the different review sites. However, if we can consolidate feedback on this thread, it would go a long way in clearing any confusion about these bats in the minds of the public (since this is the longest thread on Pakistani bats on the internet).

Thank you.

Depends on what type of batsman you are. The Bubber Sher seems to be the best bat going around if you're a slogger/or just LOVE to smack the ball around all parts from ball one.

Thanks for the reply.
Well, here is what I don't understand: How is a slogging bat different from a conventional cricket bat? What makes it different? Will the ball travel further with a Bubber Sher than a CA 12000 or AS V3 assuming the same amount of power is applied to the shot? Pardon the ignorance.

falcon7a said:
Thanks for the reply.
Well, here is what I don't understand: How is a slogging bat different from a conventional cricket bat? What makes it different? Will the ball travel further with a Bubber Sher than a CA 12000 or AS V3 assuming the same amount of power is applied to the shot? Pardon the ignorance.

There isn't anything like a 'slogging bat' and a 'conventional cricket bat'. The Bubber Sher has a much thicker edge than most other bats - the thicker the edge, the more of a bat for hard hitting/slogging it is.

Check the first five photos of the eight photos I posted, those are of the Bubber Sher I have. The Bubber Sher I have is one of the best going around, it's a great piece. This is the link:-

http://pakpassion.net/ppforum/showpost.php?p=2481365&postcount=1153
http://pakpassion.net/ppforum/showpost.php?p=2481366&postcount=1154

Paradox,

Thanks for the info, those edges are the thickest I've ever seen! If thick edges increase slogging power, it would seem logical that all bat makers would go for the thickest yet lightest bat possible.

1. Is edge thickness also a criteria for determining the quality of a bat?

2. Are there any disadvantages of thick edges?

Thanks again! This has been really helpful.

falcon7a said:
Paradox,

Thanks for the info, those edges are the thickest I've ever seen! If thick edges increase slogging power, it would seem logical that all bat makers would go for the thickest yet lightest bat possible.

No problem.

Answer to your first question: Yes, it's one of the criterias, but it doesn't hold as much importance as other things such as ping, balance, middle, pickup, weight, etc (in my opinion).

Second question: It depends. If you get an edge while playing with a thick edged-bat, the edges will have more ELEVATION (not necessarily more distance, mind you). If you get an edge while playing with a thin-edged bat, you'll get thin edges behind. Simple as. You can think of that as a disadvantage or an advantage.

Glad I helped, don't hesitate to ask any more questions if you have any. And never order a bat online, EVER. Always, ALWAYS feel and pick up a bat before you buy one. That's the golden rule :))

falcon7a said:

1. Ping
3. Handle quality
4. Durability

Thank you.
Asalamalakium Brother,

Hope you are well!

You have come up with good choices and it is quite difficult to figure out which bat is the best.

I have seen all three bats you have mentioned above. And all three of those bats are top notch bats and are very good bats. Now first and foremost important factor is that what is your budget? Among these three bats CA 12000 Plus is the most expensive whereas AS V3 is the cheapest bat. Now all three bats are not the top bats of respecive companies. All of them have come out with Limited Edition version of them which I believe is pretty much the same its just they are more professional bats and have better williow as well as grains.

1. Ping - I would say ping depends on the bat. For example, some bat makers in Pakistan have soft pressed bats and some have hard pressed bats. The soft pressed bats ping really good in the begining but they have short lifespan meaning after few months of use they will no longer play good or ping well as they used to. In this case I have heard CA is soft pressed and MB is hard pressed. I am not too sure about AS. MB on the other hand are hard pressed as far I have heard. So they take time to open up meaning it will require lots of knocking compare to soft pressed and once it opens up it will go like gun. Before going for the pingest bat you should know what type of bats do you prefer. Such as hih middle or low middle?

2. Feel - This is upto buyer. The reason why I am saying that is because as Uncle Sam once said that one might be comfortable with Kashmiri Williow rather than English Williow. So what I am trying to say is that every hand has different feel. But if you ask for my opinion then I would say CA has the best balance and pick up I have ever seen. They are awesome! On the other hand AS has quite good balance as well. MB is good but my Bubber Sher's balance is messed up because the handle is tooo thin

3. Handle Quality - From what I have heard is that all Pakistani bats have same type of handle. So I am not too sure about this. I would say AS and CA have best handles as I am seeing few cracks near my MB splice. But I am not too sure about this

4. Durability - As I said earlier this is upto the bats pressing and it is upto grains. The higher amount of grains present in a bat means the bat will require less knocking and will crack up really soon. On the other hand lower the amount of grains means the bat will requires lots of knocking and will crack after a while. If money is not a problem for you and you can afford to get a new bat after 4-5 games then you can go for high grains bat and if you want a bat to last long then I would say go for medium amount of grains. As Julain Millichamp says, "8-11 grains are perfect"

Hope it helps

If you have any question please don't hesitate asking me

JazakALLAH Khair,
Thanks

falcon7a said:
Thanks for the reply.
Uhmm I wouldn't say it is. I use CA 12000 Plus in nets and I am easily able to whack the ball. So it doesn't mean that Bubber Sher is the slogger bat. But when slogging it depends on the batsman that how he hits it and where the ball has striked. For example, if you smack Shoaib Akhtar's delievery with toe of the bat regardless which bat it is most likely it will break. Apart from power it is how you time the ball. Bubber Sher is 'meaty' bat so if you hit the ball will most likely go further than CA because it has more 'meat' on it for same weight

falcon7a said:
Paradox,

\

1. Uhmm not necessarily. There are some bat makers who have thin edges and yet there bats are top notch bats. For example, if you look english brand bats they don't have alot of thickness but there bat go like a gun as well.

2. Nope, not really

Again thick bats are bit for slogging as well. Nowdays new bats have come out for T20 which are really thick for its weight

Super Sixer said:
I never ever have posted or looked through this thread but happened to browse through it and I must say..DAMN! that is one mean beastly bat!The thickness is just :O

I want that :(
For 2'10 it is quite thick, isn't it?
Welcome to the world of bats!!!

Usman Bhai did you weigh it by any chance? I mean I have heard people saying Pakistan bats are overweight than what appears on the stickers

that THICK ASv3 bat is probably real heavy... ie. 2.10+

On average stick with a 2.8 or lighter bat...so u can play all ur shots relatively easily.

For big bats..u need big muscles to pick it up!

80% of the power is down to the player and the timing of the shot...
---------

I got 2 £50 bats from islamabad.. 2 years later, my first bat is still going and still hitting 6 after 6....
2nd bat aint even knocked it in yet! but still has goodish ping.

I'd say go for the bat profile which has the best ping on majority of the face.
Also the one that feels best in ur hands, ie. lightweight but solid, u can swing it easily and manoover the bat easily in ur hands.

if u can get a CA gold still...get it..be worth it for around £40-60 (wotever that is in rupees)
or Ihsan King/emperer....
all old models but u'll get em cheap!

Hope that helps!

Rizwan25 said:
Usman, did AS ask you to transfer money trough Western Union?
If you don't mind me answering the question then, yes they do ask you to transfer them using Western Union

usman_ash14 said:
For 2'10 it is quite thick, isn't it?
Welcome to the world of bats!!!

For a leading international pro's cleft... this kinda profile size would not cross 2.7 ... but again.. this bat seems really a good one as well.

but an int'ls pro cleft (ie. TOP grade only for international players) would cost £150+
(a fully made bat about 200+)

therefore this big monster looks like 2.10 minimum to me

Uncle Sam said:
For a leading international pro's cleft... this kinda profile size would not cross 2.7 ... but again.. this bat seems really a good one as well.
Agree although I would say around 2.85ish

Uncle Sam did you see that Redback? It looks good. Do you know how much is he asking for it?

Cover Drive said:

Uncle Sam did you see that Redback? It looks good. Do you know how much is he asking for it?

I offered him £90.00 and have not heard back yet .... 2.12 is slightly heavy but I know Redbacks have an unbelievable pick up.

Uncle Sam said:
I offered him £90.00 and have not heard back yet .... 2.12 is slightly heavy but I know Redbacks have an unbelievable pick up.
Including postage?

2.12 did sound a bit heavy for me as well. But from what I have heard from you and other people is that Redbacks pickup is unbelieveable the 2.12 is like 2.8-9

Also Uncle Sam what do you think of the damage? Is it okay or is a big deal?

Cover Drive said:

Thats close enough.
I picked one of Afridi's bat which was even bigger than this bat and it weighed 2.7. It's sad that general public hardly have access to those class of reserved willow clefts.
But yeah, there are pros who will have skinnier bat than this one and are more heavy ... it's just custom made to their specs.

Cover Drive said:
Including postage?

2.12 did sound a bit heavy for me as well. But from what I have heard from you and other people is that Redbacks pickup is unbelieveable the 2.12 is like 2.8-9

Also Uncle Sam what do you think of the damage? Is it okay or is a big deal?

The damage doesn't look bat... I may be wrong but from the pics, its only a dent,,, not a crack or a hairline split.

Uncle Sam said:
Thats close enough.
I picked one of Afridi's bat which was even bigger than this bat and it weighed 2.7. It's sad that general public hardly have access to those class of reserved willow clefts.
But yeah, there are pros who will have skinnier bat than this one and are more heavy ... it's just custom made to their specs.
Well thats true. But now I am seeing that batmakers are making bats really close to pros bat in terms of willow and quality. For example, if you look Pakistani brands such as MB, CA and AS there top bats are G1 but now they have annouced LE bats which I believe are closer to pro clefts.

But again as you have said it several time we don't get to see them

Do you mind telling which one was it?

Uncle Sam said:
The damage doesn't look bat... I may be wrong but from the pics, its only a dent,,, not a crack or a hairline split.
Uhmm to me it looks like he peeled the scuff sheet wrong way (just assuming and thinking other way around) so the wood has popped out

Was 90 Pounds including shipping?

Also did you see Lekka T20 bat?

Cover Drive said:
Do you mind telling which one was it?

It had stickers of MB, and Afridi wouldn't tell the actual manufacture of the bat..... my wild guess is ... it was a Newbery.

Uncle Sam said:
It had stickers of MB, and Afridi wouldn't tell the actual manufacture of the bat..... my wild guess is ... it was a Newbery.
Ohh okay well we all know that no one will tell. But I don't think Afridi will go to Newbery

I recently saw a picture of Afridi holding Sher Amin and it had Sher Amin stickers on whereas on its side it had TON stamped and below Sher Amin sticker he had Ranger sticker (SS Ranger)

Cover Drive said:
Uhmm to me it looks like he peeled the scuff sheet wrong way (just assuming and thinking other way around) so the wood has popped out

Was 90 Pounds including shipping?

Also did you see Lekka T20 bat?

I am ok with another £10.00 for UK shipping if he wants it. Someone is visiting from UK and bring the bat from me. I will probably sell the bat here locally after keeping it for a lil while.

Yes, I traded one of my bats with a new Lekka T20 bat in 2.9 and I am in the process of finalizing a deal with Black Cat to get a pair of Joker bats.
Lekka will be here in a couple of weeks... Not sure about the Jokers.

Uncle Sam said:
I am ok with another £10.00 for UK shipping if he wants it. Someone is visiting from UK and bring the bat from me.

Yes, I traded one of my bats with a new Lekka T20 bat in 2.9 and I am in the process of finalizing a deal with Black Cat to get a pair of Joker bats.
Lekka will be here in a couple of weeks... Not sure about the Jokers.
Ohh okay. If you hadn't offered him then I might have gone to shoot my offer as well

Ohh really? I don't rate Lekka high as I think they are made in India. Williow doesn't look great to me :( If you don't mind can you tell me whcih bat did you trade?

How many Jokers and which one have you bought? Also do you mind telling the price?

Lekka? i'd stay away from random makes charging TOP dollar.

I bet these JOKERS and lekkas are all 100 region.

For under this price, even half price, a PAK made bat will do better ...trust me

Last edited by a moderator:
ps. u both from cricketsupplies?

Personal choice yes... but i'm warning u not to go that route cus its a waste but ur choice and ur money. so do wot u wish

Last edited:
SameerM said:
Lekka? i'd stay away from random makes charging TOP dollar.

I bet these JOKERS and lekkas are all 100 region.

For under this price, even half price, a PAK made bat will do better ...trust me
Again as I said its one personal choice. The thing is that there is no Asian batmaker making T20 style bats so it will take them time to make them

Cover Drive said:
Ohh okay. If you hadn't offered him then I might have gone to shoot my offer as well

Ohh really? I don't rate Lekka high as I think they are made in India. Williow doesn't look great to me :( If you don't mind can you tell me whcih bat did you trade?

How many Jokers and which one have you bought? Also do you mind telling the price?

The Lekka bat pics they sent me were good enough for a straight trade. I had acquired a slightly used Canterbury weapon 500 (one heckuva of bat made by Warsop) a few days ago and went for trade with Lekka.

I am ordering two jokers in G1 for 150 each and combined shipping of 25.

can i point out, Don Bradman used a 2.3 weight bat and was best run maker in the world.

Explain me thick edges, t20 bats, all this nonsense? its just a fad like scoops etc.

Uncle Sam said:
The Lekka bat pics they sent me were good enough for a straight trade. I had acquired a slightly used Canterbury weapon 500 (one heckuva of bat made by Warsop) a few days ago and went for trade with Lekka.

I am ordering two jokers in G1 for 150 each and combined shipping of 25.
150 for a JOKER!?!?!? Uncle Sam how have you been ballin' dawg? I mean thats the price of G1!?

Lekka retails for 135. James from Lekka is offering me free pair of gloves which retails for 35 along a Lekka bat but I am not too convinvced for Lekka

SameerM said:
Personal choice yes... but i'm warning u not to go that route cus its a waste but ur choice and ur money. so do wot u wish

Waste of money ... yes I agree with you but this bat collecting hobby is a brutal one and could turn very costly. One has to be careful in buying price and always keeping the selling option open.

Also, I agree with you on Lekka, but from some very reliable resources, I have some very good feedback on the Joker bat, so I am pretty confident that the price and performance will not be a disappointing one.

but CD....its just the SHAPE of the bat!!!! not that its t20.. or slogger bat.
How many shapes can u make out of wood?????

The thick ASv3 profile with concave back is the shape i feel. Big sweetspot, small shoulders.

Then its upto the batsmen to hit the shots or defend.. the bat wont make u a 6 hitter!

best of luck anyways. :jm

Uncle Sam said:
Waste of money ... yes I agree with you but this bat collecting hobby is a brutal one and could turn very costly. One has to be careful in buying price and always keeping the selling option open.

Also, I agree with you on Lekka, but from some very reliable resources, I have some very good feedback on the Joker bat, so I am pretty confident that the price and performance will not be a disappointing one.
As far Joker is concerned I have heard its a great bat. You the other told it doesn't even use JS Wright clefts

Cover Drive said:
150 for a JOKER!?!?!? Uncle Sam how have you been ballin' dawg? I mean thats the price of G1!?

Lekka retails for 135. James from Lekka is offering me free pair of gloves which retails for 35 along a Lekka bat but I am not too convinvced for Lekka

I will reveal the trick if I could cut the deal with Black Cat. Keep it to yourself for now. Lets see what happens.

SameerM said:

The thick ASv3 profile with concave back is the shape i feel. Big sweetspot, small shoulders.

Then its upto the batsmen to hit the shots or defend.. the bat wont make u a 6 hitter!

Yeah but they have meant to make it for a slogging type of game. I mean why did they invented Mongoose? The whole bat is sweetspot no matter where you hit. Normal bats have sweetspot at a specified place whereas these have large sweetspot and in some case whole bat is sweetspot

Uncle Sam said:
I will reveal the trick if I could cut the deal with Black Cat. Keep it to yourself for now. Lets see what happens.
Please do so. You have my email, right? So if you want to tell me there then thats fine with me as well

Also haven't the deal been finalized yet?

SameerM said:

agreed.
It's all in the hands and the arms.
The bat shape and willow quality only provide an auxiliary support.

mongoose is another fad.. but dont go there. its stupid using a mongoose.. as Hayden showed us when he got out first ball in the superovers. Wots the point of it when u get a full length ball? u just close ur eyes and swing! :D

i collect bats too..i have 6 at moment but my price range is affordable..... no more than £60 if I am buying...

i aint a pro, nor will i be SO I aint paying more than £60 for a piece of wood! I play club cricket (2nd division from 5) on sats and suns.. 40 over matches.

I have used same bat for 2 years running now. and 3rd is comin up.. the bat has been oiled twice in 2 years and knocked in rigorously. and it still ok

I can hit 6's and clear boundaries with ALL my bats.
Even the 2.8 CApower which cost me £20 from sportsHQ and is about 5 yrs old.

SameerM said:
mongoose is another fad.. but dont go there. its stupid using a mongoose.. as Hayden showed us when he got out first ball in the superovers. Wots the point of it when u get a full length ball? u just close ur eyes and swing! :D

i collect bats too..i have 6 at moment but my price range is affordable..... no more than £60 if I am buying...

i aint a pro, nor will i be SO I aint paying more than £60 for a piece of wood! I play club cricket (2nd division from 5) on sats and suns.. 40 over matches.

I have used same bat for 2 years running now. and 3rd is comin up.. the bat has been oiled twice in 2 years and knocked in rigorously. and it still ok

Spot on mate!

Ohh thats great. Are all Pakistani brand?

Make sense but as Uncle Sam said this hobby is very bad!

SameerM said:

That's a good sensible approach when you set a cap on spending, but not everyone thinks alike. Different people have different resources and different choices.... this is how we humans are. There may be some who have a cap of spending £200.00 on each bat and they do have ability to turn over that same bat and sell it for £220.00, and there maybe some who don't care about the price and just buy it for fun... I mean if Asif Zardari can feed his army of horses with apples and butter, why can't anyone buy a few cricket bats of his choice if he can afford it?

But for the Mongoose MMi bat, I agree that personally I would have hard time playing short pitched rising deliveries in pace bowler ... will need extra fingers' protection.

We play ping pong in my basement and one of my friends is a ping pong bat fanatic. Last year he went to China to get training from no one else but the great Wang Li Qin. In this short stint, he wanted to buy one of Wang's ping pong bat (Sunflex blade and DD rubber)... Wang smiled and said. "Son, its all in the hand" .
So yeah, A crappy player wont be able to hit six with Rick Ponting's bat but Ricky Ponting will surely hit a six with a Grade 3 Kashmir willow plank.
Batsman's ability comes first before the bat's quality.

Uncle Sam said:
That's a good sensible approach when you set a cap on spending, but not everyone thinks alike. Different people have different resources and different choices.... this is how we humans are. There may be some who have a cap of spending £200.00 on each bat and they do have ability to turn over that same bat and sell it for £220.00, and there maybe some who don't care about the price and just buy it for fun... I mean if Asif Zardari can feed his army of horses with apples and butter, why can't anyone buy a few cricket bats of his choice if he can afford it?

But for the Mongoose MMi bat, I agree that personally I would have hard time playing short pitched rising deliveries in pace bowler ... will need extra fingers' protection.

We play ping pong in my basement and one of my friends is a ping pong bat fanatic. Last year he went to China to get training from no one else but the great Wang Li Qin. In this short stint, he wanted to buy one of Wang's ping pong bat (Sunflex blade and DD rubber)... Wang smiled and said. "Son, its all in the hand" .
So yeah, A crappy player wont be able to hit six with Rick Ponting's bat but Ricky Ponting will surely hit a six with a Grade 3 Kashmir willow plank.
MashALLAH Uncle Sam!! Aurr yee thaa chackka Joker say :p Aur ball universe sayee baharra gayee!

Uncle Sam said:

uncle sam - bhai some help please. can you please help me decide the following:
1) redback allegiance
2) warsop venom
3) blackcat shadow

i need a 2.8 g1 bat - pickup should be feather weight with mid to low middle. Which one would recommend.....personally, im leaning towards the shadow as the reviews seem to be outstanding + the quality of the clefts they use. though i think all three would be fantastic. is there a way i can chat with you offline, i'd like to pick you brain on bats as well as get some tips on how to negotiate with these guys....cheers!

ca_gold said:
1) redback allegiance
2) warsop venom
3) blackcat shadow

i need a 2.8 g1 bat - pickup should be feather weight with mid to low middle. Which one would recommend.....personally, im leaning towards the shadow as the reviews seem to be outstanding + the quality of the clefts they use. though i think all three would be fantastic. is there a way i can chat with you offline, i'd like to pick you brain on bats as well as get some tips on how to negotiate with these guys....cheers!

Uzair - feel free to chip in. Btw i will answer your email in detail once i have a moment!

ca_gold said:
1) redback allegiance
2) warsop venom
3) blackcat shadow

Actually, I am at work it would be hard to chat.

for as the bats go, I have used Allegiance and Warsop. Performance and reliability wise, both bats are trust worthy and in the same class ... its like Lexus vs Accura... All you need is a test drive and get the hang of it to know which feels better.
For Black Cat bats, I have heard good stuff about their grading system. I am told (and don't hold me on it) that mostly their G2 willow is considered as G1 by other pod shavers. This quality control does sound very promising BUT what kinda turned me off is that Black cat will resist in providing you with the pics of cleft or the actual bat they are going to send you.
Also, keep your options open to buy a season old bat if it's within your specs. This will save you on money and time/effort in preparing the bat.

Lastly, are you in the US/Canada? I am asking this cuz I wonder why u prefer a low sweet spot since we play on matt based on a cemented surface where the ball almost never keeps low.
Perhaps it's your tall height or batting style but I just wondered.

Uncle Sam,

I'm in Canada and we play on a thick matted / or Astro turf surface. Underneath is not cement, its a softer, gravel type material. and trust me, the ball does not bounce up. I played one hook shot last year, and it went for six. Had all the time in the world. I know in the US, most matted wickets are quite thin, on cement, hence the high bounce. Our matting is quite thick, double sided actually. I'm not that particular on a low middle, but mid for sure.

I used a predator before, scored plenty of runs, and thats not a low middle at all!

Between the three, which would be best for hitting over the top? As nothing really rolls over on the ground here. Please note, i dont mean slogging either.

Thanks!

I just looked a Shadow's profile again and looks like, after all, its not a bad choice to top the charts for you.
All you need to make sure now is that you get the best G1 cleft available. Charlie had a used one for sale in 2.6 and I guess it went for around £110.00
The new ones are posted for £240.00 which one should not go for unless he picks the bat and feels like hugging it as he would hug his wife.

In the match between Deccan Chargers and Kolkata Knight Riders one of the commentators were talking about Gibbs' bat. He said it weighs 2.12 but picks up at 2.8. What does that mean? At first I thought I heard wrong or something, but he said it twice.

Uncle Sam said:
I just looked a Shadow's profile again and looks like, after all, its not a bad choice to top the charts for you.
All you need to make sure now is that you get the best G1 cleft available. Charlie had a used one for sale in 2.6 and I guess it went for around £110.00
The new ones are posted for £240.00 which one should not go for unless he picks the bat and feels like hugging it as he would hug his wife.

i know - i bid on that 105, and didnt win!

yes 240 is steep - but uncle sam - i dont have a wife!

Salam,
I just started playing cricket, and I need to buy a bat... I am in france, but bats here are very expensive... I will like someone to tell me wich bat i should buy, and where can i find it in Pakistan, (Islambad, rawalpindi)? I don't want a superb bat, but it should still be good enough to not broke after 3 weeks!..

Pls help!

It will better to buy a bat from UK as you will get an export quality.

Regards

mana said:
It will better to buy a bat from UK as you will get an export quality.

Regards
How much that can cost?
I think i will find cheaper bats in Pakistan? Because my brother is coming from pakistan on sunday...

Mobashir said:
How much that can cost?
I think i will find cheaper bats in Pakistan? Because my brother is coming from pakistan on sunday...

good idea, bats from UK are way too overpriced. buy from pakistan ;-) ;-)

Ali Raja said:
good idea, bats from UK are way too overpriced. buy from pakistan ;-) ;-)
ok, so can you tell me some goods bats that i can found from pakistan?

Mobashir said:
ok, but how much it will cost?

Hmm...for the best bats I think it is over 15 000 rupees or around. But we who only play cricket at lower levels don't really need the most expensive bats.

I have bats which doesn't cost a thing and they are good bats :)

So it's not always the price...

Ali Raja said:
Hmm...for the best bats I think it is over 15 000 rupees or around. But we who only play cricket at lower levels don't really need the most expensive bats.

I have bats which doesn't cost a thing and they are good bats :)

So it's not always the price...
thanks, actually i didn't wanted to buy a too costly bat because i also play cricket at lower level....

Ali Raja said:
No prob. Are there many teams in France?
Actually i just started playing this year... And the season is just starting :
From what i know the better division is composed of 8 teams and is called SuperLeague... i also know their is a second devision but i don't know more...

Nice bat Uncle Sam. Do you mind how much you paid for it? Another thing do you mind telling who is the bay maker? Looks really good for G2

Hey guys, I just picked up a Bubber Sher Limited Edition bat. Its a beautiful bat and I'll post pictures in a few days (don't have camera yet). I got it from UT Sports. The shopkeeper specifically told me that the bat is ready to play and there is no need to oil it or knock it in. He did have a mallet but he didn't even have any linseed oil. He said no one uses the oil anymore. Should I believe him and not oil the bat? If UT Sports didn't have the oil, I'm wondering where to even get oil from.

falcon7a said:
Hey guys, I just picked up a Bubber Sher Limited Edition bat. Its a beautiful bat and I'll post pictures in a few days (don't have camera yet). I got it from UT Sports. The shopkeeper specifically told me that the bat is ready to play and there is no need to oil it or knock it in. He did have a mallet but he didn't even have any linseed oil. He said no one uses the oil anymore. Should I believe him and not oil the bat? If UT Sports didn't have the oil, I'm wondering where to even get oil from.

I got my Bubber Sher from UT Sports too - was the 'shopkeeper' who showed you around the bats a young guy, in his 20s? And do they give you a drink (they gave me a Sprite lol) while you're looking around the bats? :)))

Cover Drive said:
I am not from Karachi so not sure. But try MD Sports which is beside UT Sports

Hey CD, you know my Ballistic bat right? The unstickered one with the Ballistic stickers on it? I got it from MD. The prices of MD and UT are the same really, but I found the service and all of UT better, maybe it's only because I got a Sprite and they let me bargain hard :D

Nope, it was an older gentleman in his 40s or 50s. I went to the UT Sports in DHA though. And yes, he did offer me a drink. Were did you get raw linseed oil to oil your bat?

falcon7a said:
Nope, it was an older gentleman in his 40s or 50s. I went to the UT Sports in DHA though. And yes, he did offer me a drink. Were did you get raw linseed oil to oil your bat?

I didn't get linseed oil mate, he told me the same thing he told you - Bubber Sher's are always already knocked and oiled in very well.

Hey guys, just wanted to ask for your help here - what are the best pair of gloves that you can find in Pakistan? I have two pairs of MB Malik Sher Amin (red and white colored) gloves right now, bought them when I visited Pakistan recently, but I really need a few more. I figured you obviously won't be able to get Kookaburra, GM, and other western-branded gloves in Pakistan, so what's the best pair of gloves (in terms of comfort really, don't care about the price) that you can find in Pakistan? I have MB Malik Sher Amin gloves right now which are very very nice and comfortable but I only got them for Rs. 300 or so for a pair, which is a decent price - but I'm sure there are better, more expensive gloves out there?

Please advise.

Paradox said:
Hey CD, you know my Ballistic bat right? The unstickered one with the Ballistic stickers on it? I got it from MD. The prices of MD and UT are the same really, but I found the service and all of UT better, maybe it's only because I got a Sprite and they let me bargain hard :D
Hey Mate,

Yeahh I remember that bat. Uhmm one guy (who is on PP as well) told me that MD Sports is a bit cheaper. For instance, Sher Amin at UT Sports is Rs. 6300 and at MD it is Rs.5500.

So I am not too sure as I am not from Karachi and have never been to these stores.

Paradox said:
I didn't get linseed oil mate, he told me the same thing he told you - Bubber Sher's are always already knocked and oiled in very well.

Hmm.. so how is your bat holding up without oiling or knocking?? I haven't come across a single source that say that oiling is not required EXCEPT UT Sports so I'm a little confused. Would it harm the bat it I lightly oiled it?

Paradox said:
Hey guys, just wanted to ask for your help here - what are the best pair of gloves that you can find in Pakistan? I have two pairs of MB Malik Sher Amin (red and white colored) gloves right now, bought them when I visited Pakistan recently, but I really need a few more. I figured you obviously won't be able to get Kookaburra, GM, and other western-branded gloves in Pakistan, so what's the best pair of gloves (in terms of comfort really, don't care about the price) that you can find in Pakistan? I have MB Malik Sher Amin gloves right now which are very very nice and comfortable but I only got them for Rs. 300 or so for a pair, which is a decent price - but I'm sure there are better, more expensive gloves out there?

Please advise.
Asalamalakium Brother,

Hope you are well!

Last Friday I got my package from Pakistan and I got bunch of different brand gloves from Pakistan. So the best Pakistani gloves I found were CA 12000 Plus and Ihsan Inferno 950. Both of these gloves are excellent. CA ones are really comfortable and there palm is really soft and good as it is shark toothed black pittard. And on the other hand Inferno 950 gloves are amazing as well. They have pittard palm which is quite good as well.

So at the end if I were you then I would buy Inferno 950 and CA 12000 Plus gloves. I firmly believe they are best Pakistani gloves.

Hope it helps

Please don't hesitate asking more questions if you have any

JazakALLAH Khair,

Please bare me if any mistakes were made above as I am writing this from my phone

falcon7a said:
Hmm.. so how is your bat holding up without oiling or knocking?? I haven't come across a single source that say that oiling is not required EXCEPT UT Sports so I'm a little confused. Would it harm the bat it I lightly oiled it?
The beat way would be that if you can post few pictures then please do so. Many people would then be able to help you out on that. If not that then feel the texture of the bay wood and see how dry it is

As far knocking goes take a slightly old ball and bounce it on your bat and see if seam marks appear or not

By the way, oiling is really important

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back