Questions Regarding Cricket Equipment (Bats, Pads, Gloves etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
xkalibur80 said:
Ok that is quite a hassle.....I might as well just fly down once a year and bring back 2-3 bats....LOL

Yes either that or buy from here. If you are interested let me know I am selling some of my bats.

cricketer13 said:
Yes either that or buy from here. If you are interested let me know I am selling some of my bats.
Just put of curiosity how much are you looking for Bubber Sher LE?

cricketer13 said:

Buying from here is never an option as all the stores are making a 300% profit on these bats.

I can buy an English bat for the price I will pay for a Pakistani bat in Toronto.

xkalibur80 said:
Buying from here is never an option as all the stores are making a 300% profit on these bats.

I can buy an English bat for the price I will pay for a Pakistani bat in Toronto.
I fully agree with you brother! Plus over here it is not a guarantee that you are getting original bat. For instance, I reckon Khan Sports sells fake Pakistani bats and I am sure other do that as well

Cover Drive said:
Ohh okay

It sucks that you got charged on customs..

Yes, customs suck and not only that they charge you taxes as well. I did that just to make sure I dont **** off the customs guy so he doesnt drill any of my bats.

Rizwan25 said:
How was it? Tell me everything you know about it....lol

Well I got it when it was launched back in 1998 I believe. It was an amazing bat loved it a lot but had some troubles with the handle. The newer ones are not worth the money as they are mostly grade 2 willos with knots and blemishes. Better to buy ca5000 then white gold.

Nahi yarrr.... My cousin is sending me a CA white gold from pakistan even though I told him I wanted a ASV3 but any ways I will be stuck with it now :(

Rizwan25 said:
Nahi yarrr.... My cousin is sending me a CA white gold from pakistan even though I told him I wanted a ASV3 but any ways I will be stuck with it now :(

I am not saying its bad, its just that I wouldnt wanna buy it again. ASV3 would have been a lot better. I would recommend that you either get MB LE or Ihsan inferno 950. Both of these bats are amazing with huge sweetspot and ligh pickup. 950 is radically new design for pakistani bats with nice big swell.

if anyone is interested, prodirect cricket is having a clearance sale on its equipment. Pretty decent deals for some of the top brands.

I agree with Omair Bhai. They do have a good clearance sale going on. That's where Usman Bhai got his Salix from

just to add a point - i've ordered equipment (bats & pads) from England & the US. None of the stuff has gotten drilled. I think it seems to be only shipments coming out of Pakistan?

I know someone posted pics of their salix bats above, and that wasnt drilled right uzair?

btw sherry, what league/team are you playing for?

ca_gold said:
just to add a point - i've ordered equipment (bats & pads) from England & the US. None of the stuff has gotten drilled. I think it seems to be only shipments coming out of Pakistan?

I know someone posted pics of their salix bats above, and that wasnt drilled right uzair?

I am making a comeback after 5 years. I used to play U-19 back then and played couple of 1st division T&D games for Grace Church. This season I will be playing for Toronto Cheetahs/T&D and possibly some other leagues as I want to use all of my time in summer for cricket so still looking to join EDCL, Scarborough league and Brampton league.

BTW who do you play for?

ca_gold said:

Yes you are right!

They are a bit strict on stuff comin from Pakistan and therefore it is being treated by customs.

scarbrough premier. come join us - we could use one more top order batsmen. i played a little bit with grace church at one point (when the used to practice at Khan's).

We are practicing at khan sports saturday morning if you are interested?

cricketer13 said:
I am making a comeback after 5 years. I used to play U-19 back then and played couple of 1st division T&D games for Grace Church. This season I will be playing for Toronto Cheetahs/T&D and possibly some other leagues as I want to use all of my time in summer for cricket so still looking to join EDCL, Scarborough league and Brampton league.

BTW who do you play for?
Maximum amount of games you can play in a week is two as these games are on weekend so if you join two then it makes sense but if you join bunch then I don't see a point unless selection is an issue

ca_gold said:
scarbrough premier. come join us - we could use one more top order batsmen. i played a little bit with grace church at one point (when the used to practice at Khan's).

We are practicing at khan sports saturday morning if you are interested?

sure i would be interested in joining scarborough league gimme ur msn so we can talk
thanks

My AS V3 is here, shipped directly from the factory in Sialkot.
I asked for 2'10 with 8-10 grains, and it came with 11 grains :)
Packaging from them is hilarious :)))
Really kind of them to label it as a free sample, to avoid custom charges...I'm so glad!

Mannnnn what a monster bat this is.... Usman how much did it cost you with shipping?

Usman Bhai did you get a chance to measure the edges? They look quite impressive.

Congrats mate! I hope you score tons of runs with your bats and I hope they last really long!

Both bats are looking great!

Cover Drive said:
Usman Bhai did you get a chance to measure the edges? They look quite impressive.

Congrats mate! I hope you score tons of runs with your bats and I hope they last really long!

Both bats are looking great!

Edges aren't as big as the spine of the bat, which pretty much goes from toe to the shoulder....whole bat is a sweet spot :)

I have the full face picture of Salix that you requested, again the grains aren't that straight but its completely blemish free and the quality of the willow is top shelf.

JazakALLAH Khair for the face picture Usman Bhai! The face is really clean for Salix!You don't get to see many clean faced bats out there

I agree, V3 has massive sweetspot and the type of player you are I reckon it will be very good as you tend to play off backfoot and frontfoot

Cover Drive said:
Mind you that is really good price.
This includes wester unions $16 fee too, the bat is only $120 and shipping is 16 dollars but I got some extras with it so ended up paying $170.
Here is what I got

usman_ash14 said:
This includes wester unions $16 fee too, the bat is only $120 and shipping is 16 dollars but I got some extras with it so ended up paying $170.
Here is what I got
Everything looks beautiful!! The grips are really good as well! Which type of grips are they?

Also do you mind showing us a picture of packaging (lol, if ou have one)

Cover Drive said:
Everything looks beautiful!! The grips are really good as well! Which type of grips are they?

Also do you mind showing us a picture of packaging (lol, if ou have one)

I'm not sure what kind of grip it is, but it's the same that's used on AS V3, it's pretty thick and feels good in hand.
haha yeah here you are.....it looks like the packaging Atta(flour) comes in :)))

Rizwan25 said:
Usman is the ASV3 pre knocked or you gona have to do it?
You have to knock all the bats no matter what it says. You even have to knock "Ready to Play" bats

usman_ash14 said:
I'm not sure what kind of grip it is, but it's the same that's used on AS V3, it's pretty thick and feels good in hand.
haha yeah here you are.....it looks like the packaging Atta(flour) comes in :)))
:))) :))) if a custom guy was Pakistani he would have thought Pakistan has started to import Atta :))

On serious note that how they come I think. Long time ago when I got CA 2020 it came in same type of packaging

Rizwan25 said:
Usman is the ASV3 pre knocked or you gona have to do it?

It's natural finish, I have to oil it and knock it in.
Both my Salix and V3 are natural finish and I just put first oil cotting on them today before taking pictures.
Once I put one more cotting on both thursday and saturday, I will start knocking them in.

Cover Drive said:
:))) :))) if a custom guy was Pakistani he would have thought Pakistan has started to import Atta :))

On serious note that how they come I think. Long time ago when I got CA 2020 it came in same type of packaging

haha
It was just a shocker after seeing the package my salix came in

usman_ash14 said:
It's natural finish, I have to oil it and knock it in.
Both my Salix and V3 are natural finish and I just put first oil cotting on them today before taking pictures.
Once I put one more cotting on both thursday and saturday, I will start knocking them in.
Today you oiled the back right?

Cover Drive said:
Today you oiled the back right?
nope
I oiled back, front, and sides.
I looked at videos and most of them said that oil all of the bat every 24 hours for 3 cottings

usman_ash14 said:
nope
I oiled back, front, and sides.
I looked at videos and most of them said that oil all of the bat every 24 hours for 3 cottings
So how did you lay it? I usually oil the back and edges first then after couple of days I oil the front

Are your bats really dry? I mean do they really need 3 coats on the front? You should not oiil your bat more than 4 coats per year

Last edited:
Cover Drive said:
You have to knock all the bats no matter what it says. You even have to knock "Ready to Play" bats

So u r telling me u had to knock your CA12k? By the way which bat has thicker edges if we compare CA12000 with ASV3?

Cover Drive said:
Are you bats really dry? I mean do they really need 3 coats on the front? You should not oiil your bat more than 4 coats per year

I'm gonna give them 3 coats, and then put anti scuff sheets on face, and then oil them in next offseason.
I,ve laid them down on their backs, that way all the oil can be absorbed.
they are drinking the oil, neither of them were oiled at all in factory.

Rizwan25 said:
So u r telling me u had to knock your CA12k? By the way which bat has thicker edges if we compare CA12000 with ASV3?
Yes I did! I did not knock my Bubber Sher and it has loads of seam marks on its face

I would say it depends on the weight

usman_ash14 said:
I'm gonna give them 3 coats, and then put anti scuff sheets on face, and then oil them in next offseason.
I,ve laid them down on their backs, that way all the oil can be absorbed.
they are drinking the oil, neither of them were oiled at all in factory.
But I don't think oil is properly soaking in when you lay on its back, is it? I never did like that so I am not too sure

usman_ash14 said:
Here is what I got

Is it just me or handle is shorter than usual? CD, what do u think?

DSC01498.jpg

DSC01500.jpg

DSC01497.jpg

DSC01494.jpg

DSC01502.jpg

DSC01501.jpg

Getting this Sachin Tendulkar Adidas county or pro bat next week from a friend in India.

Last edited:
usman_ash14 said:

This may sound a lil odd but I believe Salix has a better toe. The lower edges are chiseled in such an articulate way that meat has been left in the center of the bat without compromising on the power and providing a better control in stroke making. This sorta lower profile edge is pretty common in bats used by pros.
Both seem very, very nice bats nonetheless.

Uncle Sam said:
This may sound a lil odd but I believe Salix has a better toe. The lower edges are chiseled in such an articulate way that meat has been left in the center of the bat without compromising on the power and providing a better control in stroke making. This sorta lower profile edge is pretty common in bats used by pros.
Both seem very, very nice bats nonetheless.

Thanks man
Everyone that has seen and picked up my Salix has been really really impressed by it, you know so far it seems to live up to its name.
Just have to knock it in before pulling it out hopefully in nets at the start of may.

Honestly speaking, first time when I saw your Salix's pics here, I was like, May be Salix people need to burrow these pictures and replace them with the ones they have on their official website. This bat looks far better than what I initially thought of it at it's launch.

Make sure to have a good solid knocking session (specially at the toe and lower area) and try not to dig out the nasty yorkers.

Hi, my first post on this topic.

Can someone please give me some advice on the hawk g10 cricket bat.

http://www.hawkcricket.com/Details.cfm?ProdID=121&category=6

I went down to the hawk factory last week and it looked amazing, apparently a replica of tendulkars bat.

This place make the bats for adidas and a lot of county player. The bats are handmade and bespoke to requirements, if you break one in the first year they will make you another one free as part of the deal.

Do you think the price is a little high, although you do get piece of mind by choosing your own willow cleft, weight and handle etc.

Picking your own cleft and one year warranty sort of justifies the price. A few other bat makers provide you with this incentives as well, and some don't for a price even higher than £200.00
I think you've gotta be master of your trade to gamble £200.00 for a brand new custom made Hawk bat (assuming that you have not owned and/or used a Hawk bat before ? )

There was used but in good condition one in 2.12 that went for £80 odd last week; however, from the picture on hawk's wbesite it looks one powerful bat.

Majid_V3 said:
Uzair, what u think of the ST Adidas bat ?
Majid BHai it looks really good! I mean I personally like the bat. THe sweetspot position seems to be perfect as well.

Majid Bhai who makes these Adidas bats?

Also Majid Bhai who did you get the IPL shirts from? Ajit?

thanks Uzair.
I got the IPL Shirts from this website http://www.myntra.com/
but the bat is from Ajit.
I think BAS are making the bats for adidas in India but am not sure and I will receive the bat in 2 days inshallah I will let you how it performs.

okay. Majid Bhai from what I have heard is that BAS bats are amazing. You probably know more than me and as you have owned BAS 2020. So do you mind telling how good was that bat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back