Questions Regarding Cricket Equipment (Bats, Pads, Gloves etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What started off with a mere question regarding a cricket bat, has turned into a huge thread about cricket bats. Nice work, boys! C-D you legend. :moyo

Coverdrive, now that you are a moderator. Can't we have a sub-forum about cricket equipment? It will be much easier than going through 2000 posts.

cricketer13 said:
I have heard that Zaidi Sports sells legit stuff but its better if you go and check it out yourself (dont take my word on this).

Yes I will be buying atleast 3 bats. I will definitely consider AS V3 LE along with a custom bat G1.

I still havent got my GM. Well MB LE gloves should be here by the end of this month as my mom is coming.

Zaidi sports is on Multan road and it has very few brand name bats, no CA, Ihsan, MB, AS when I last went there. Most of their stuff is their own unbranded. There are some shops in Anarkali like Pakistan sports which probably carry larger stock and have all the brand names. I wouldn't go to Zaidi sports if one is looking for a brand name bat, pads, gloves etc.

Ali Raja said:
Coverdrive, now that you are a moderator. Can't we have a sub-forum about cricket equipment? It will be much easier than going through 2000 posts.

I second that, too much useful info is getting lost in the 2000 posts. A person who is specifically interested in discussing a bat or gloves or place to buy will be lost in the 2000 posts. Too much good info is burried in this huge thread.

Dare2Dream said:
Zaidi sports is on Multan road and it has very few brand name bats, no CA, Ihsan, MB, AS when I last went there. Most of their stuff is their own unbranded. There are some shops in Anarkali like Pakistan sports which probably carry larger stock and have all the brand names. I wouldn't go to Zaidi sports if one is looking for a brand name bat, pads, gloves etc.
I am from Lahore and InshALLAH I will be going there in summer. I am not sure of any store there as I haven't purchased anything myself yet

But isn't Zaidi sports in Anarkali?

I have heard that Millat Sports is good but I don't know where that is. CA people told me about Millat Sports

Your help will be appreciated

JazakALLAH Khair

Dare2Dream said:
I second that, too much useful info is getting lost in the 2000 posts. A person who is specifically interested in discussing a bat or gloves or place to buy will be lost in the 2000 posts. Too much good info is burried in this huge thread.
Please post your views in "Suggestion and Support" section

JazakALLAH Khair

Last edited:
Ook gusy cannot read 26 pages now :D So i m just askig here: Which one is the best hard ball bat. I want to buy one. it shouldnt be too expensive. waiting ;)

CrIcKet_is_LiFe said:
Ook gusy cannot read 26 pages now :D So i m just askig here: Which one is the best hard ball bat. I want to buy one. it shouldnt be too expensive. waiting ;)

Best bat worth the money which isn't above Rs. 10000 has to be the Sher Amin (MB Malik) or the AS V3 or the BAS Vampire (they aren't above 10000, are they?)

CrIcKet_is_LiFe said:

Do you mind elaborating your search? Whats the maximum you can spend? Also what type of player are you? Based on that I will tell you the best bat that comes into my mind

Paradox said:
Best bat worth the money which isn't above Rs. 10000 has to be the Sher Amin (MB Malik) or the AS V3 or the BAS Vampire (they aren't above 10000, are they?)
I am assuming he is in Pakistan. So it will be hard to find BAS Vampire.

Also MB Malik Bubber Sher is under Rs. 10,000 as well

CD yaar - i think we def need a sub forum for equipment here. I love how the Canadians are dominating this one.

I say we organize a North American team and go on tour to England to play the English PakPassion team

We need to decide Captain & team composition here ;)

ca_gold said:
CD yaar - i think we def need a sub forum for equipment here. I love how the Canadians are dominating this one.

I say we organize a North American team and go on tour to England to play the English PakPassion team

We need to decide Captain & team composition here ;)
CAG Bhai if you don't mind can you post your views in this thread?

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?t=94764

I would really appreciate it!

Thats a great idea! Even if we don't bring trophy in NA we can always bring English stuff :)

Cover Drive said:
CAG Bhai if you don't mind can you post your views in this thread?

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?t=94764

I would really appreciate it!

Thats a great idea! Even if we don't bring trophy in NA we can always bring English stuff :)

i did allready - yaar obvously we'll buy stuff, why do you think i want to go on tour. Thats 11 players who could all bring back one bat each....for me :p

:)))

ca_gold said:
i did allready - yaar obvously we'll buy stuff, why do you think i want to go on tour. Thats 11 players who could all bring back one bat each....for me :p

:)))
JazakALLAH Khair

:))

Bus bat?! Arre Bhai pads, gloves etc kya kaa hogaa?

By the way, did Asad Bhai ship out your bat?

Rizwan25 said:
I am expecting to get one ASV3 and a pair of AS Ton gloves.

Thanks for the link CD.
No worries!!

Thats great to hear! Do you mind telling me from where are you getting AS V3?

JazakALLAH Khair

Cover Drive said:
No worries!!

Thats great to hear! Do you mind telling me from where are you getting AS V3?

JazakALLAH Khair

I ordered it from Assports.com, which I believe is their official website. I have been follwing this thread for past 6 months and I think ASV3 is one of the best bat I came across and the price is really good as well.

Rizwan25 said:
I ordered it from Assports.com, which I believe is their official website. I have been follwing this thread for past 6 months and I think ASV3 is one of the best bat I came across and the price is really good as well.
Ohh okay. Yes, it is there official website.

Yes, AS V3 is very good bat. It is underrated.

Now atleast you have satisfaction that your V3 will be original (InshALLAH).

Cover Drive said:
Ohh okay. Yes, it is there official website.

Yes, AS V3 is very good bat. It is underrated.

Now atleast you have satisfaction that your V3 will be original (InshALLAH).

Yeah that's true but I still feel that 6 grains doesn't mean its fake or low quality as I have started playing with it after intensive knocking and its turning out to be a good bat. The sweet spot has a real good ping and pickup is great as well. The only thing that makes it look fake is the number of grains but so far no cracks and stuff.

Rizwan25 said:
Yeah that's true but I still feel that 6 grains doesn't mean its fake or low quality as I have started playing with it after intensive knocking and its turning out to be a good bat. The sweet spot has a real good ping and pickup is great as well. The only thing that makes it look fake is the number of grains but so far no cracks and stuff.
We are talking about your Bubber Sher right?
If so, I don't think grains tell that but the willow being used on that is not the one which is suppose to be used.

Atlast if it feels good in your hands, goes well then I really don't think it matters

Any new bats coming out? New ranges?

Since Boom Boom (most likely) is the new sponsor of the Pakistan team, they should have bats releasing too, right? Afridi's bat looks amazing (not just the thickness of the edges, but the stickers are very stylish too). Really want one of those.

Cover Drive said:
We are talking about your Bubber Sher right?
If so, I don't think grains tell that but the willow being used on that is not the one which is suppose to be used.

Atlast if it feels good in your hands, goes well then I really don't think it matters

Han yar my Bubber sher, I also have CA power which I have been using for past 2 years and it just amazing. IMO CA stuff is better quality then any other Pakistani brand.

By the way how is your Buber sher turning out?

Paradox said:
Any new bats coming out? New ranges?

Since Boom Boom (most likely) is the new sponsor of the Pakistan team, they should have bats releasing too, right? Afridi's bat looks amazing (not just the thickness of the edges, but the stickers are very stylish too). Really want one of those.
Are we talking about Pakistani gears?

If so then mostly each brand has gotten its 'Limited Edition' range. CA has added few more in its catalog such as Dilshan, Custom etc

Trust me mate! don't go after Boom Boom. The bat(s) which Afridi is using is MB Malik's bat with just new sponsor stickers.

Your money will go in vain if you buy Boom Boom bat as I don't think there quality is amazing. Just get stickers and apply it on your Bubber Sher

Rizwan25 said:
Han yar my Bubber sher, I also have CA power which I have been using for past 2 years and it just amazing. IMO CA stuff is better quality then any other Pakistani brand.

By the way how is your Buber sher turning out?
Achaa theek hai

CA bats are very good! There balance and pick up is simply awesome and amazing. No doubt about that. i would say CA has best balance among Pakistani bats

Alhamdulilah it is going really good. The balance is not great which is because I have a thin handle at the moment. it pings really nicely and goes like a gun! InshALLAH I am looking forward to buy Bubber Sher Limited Edition

Cover Drive said:
Are we talking about Pakistani gears?

If so then mostly each brand has gotten its 'Limited Edition' range. CA has added few more in its catalog such as Dilshan, Custom etc

Trust me mate! don't go after Boom Boom. The bat(s) which Afridi is using is MB Malik's bat with just new sponsor stickers.

Your money will go in vain if you buy Boom Boom bat as I don't think there quality is amazing. Just get stickers and apply it on your Bubber Sher

Oh okay. I thought MB Malik quit putting their stickers on Afridi's bats and Afridi then changed his sponsor to Boom Boom. Anyway, they haven't released or look like they're going to release anything soon at all, so it's nothing to worry about. Even if they do release a bat, I'll read some reviews before thinking of buying it, then feel it for myself, then buy it.

I don't care how good the bat looks or how thick the edges are really, it's the quality that matters, that's first priority. Looks and edge thickness come next. Fortunately, the Bubber Sher fulfilled all my criterias :D has good looks, the thickest edges I've seen in a while, and it's a lovely bat as a whole.

It's the golden rule I follow - never ever buy a bat online because you're going to end up disappointed in some way or the other. Feel it for yourself, IF YOU CAN play a few deliveries with it to see the ping, balance, etc., take your time then buy it.

Paradox said:
Oh okay. I thought MB Malik quit putting their stickers on Afridi's bats and Afridi then changed his sponsor to Boom Boom. Anyway, they haven't released or look like they're going to release anything soon at all, so it's nothing to worry about. Even if they do release a bat, I'll read some reviews before thinking of buying it, then feel it for myself, then buy it.

I don't care how good the bat looks or how thick the edges are really, it's the quality that matters, that's first priority. Looks and edge thickness come next. Fortunately, the Bubber Sher fulfilled all my criterias :D has good looks, the thickest edges I've seen in a while, and it's a lovely bat as a whole.

It's the golden rule I follow - never ever buy a bat online because you're going to end up disappointed in some way or the other. Feel it for yourself, IF YOU CAN play a few deliveries with it to see the ping, balance, etc., take your time then buy it.
Actually Afridi is brand ambassador of Boom Boom. So obviously he will promote that brand. You probably remember the final of RBS T20 where Afridi had a quick cameo innings? If you remember seeing his bat properly you would have noticed that on the edges he had covered a logo with a tape. One can easily predict it was "MB" logo

Boom Boom is UK based company and it was known as Essential previously so they changed the brand and made Afridi the brand ambassador. I had never heard of essential so I am not expecting there new bats (Boom Boom ones) to be good. But I can be wrong! For something around two months I have been hearing it will be released in a couple of week time. But that hasn't approached yet. But I personally think it will be released during T20 WC as that's when our new kit will be launched.

Cover Drive said:
I am from Lahore and InshALLAH I will be going there in summer. I am not sure of any store there as I haven't purchased anything myself yet

But isn't Zaidi sports in Anarkali?

I have heard that Millat Sports is good but I don't know where that is. CA people told me about Millat Sports

Your help will be appreciated

JazakALLAH Khair

No, Zaidi sports is on Multan Road near choburgi. I wouldn't recommend going there especially if you want to buy a bat. From what I've heard, the better options are in Anarkali like Pakistan sports and Star sports, they should have more variety and stock with lower prices. Other places in the city will probably charge higher prices, even if they carry the brands you are looking for.

Dare2Dream said:
No, Zaidi sports is on Multan Road near choburgi. I wouldn't recommend going there especially if you want to buy a bat. From what I've heard, the better options are in Anarkali like Pakistan sports and Star sports, they should have more variety and stock with lower prices. Other places in the city will probably charge higher prices, even if they carry the brands you are looking for.
Oh okay. I appreciate it!

I think I was confused with Zaidi Sports and Anarkali stores location. Another PP member (usman_ash14 Bhai) recommended a store which is located in Ichra. He gave number so I will contact him as well

Do you know where is Millat Sports?

JazakALLAH Khair

Cover Drive said:
Oh okay. I appreciate it!

I think I was confused with Zaidi Sports and Anarkali stores location. Another PP member (usman_ash14 Bhai) recommended a store which is located in Ichra. He gave number so I will contact him as well

Do you know where is Millat Sports?

JazakALLAH Khair

I don't know about Millat Sports but if you plan to go to anarkali, it shouldn't be difficult to find these shops. From what I've heard, most sports shops are in the streets in front of Neela gumbad (not that far inside) and anyone in anarkali will be able to guide you.

Dare2Dream said:
I don't know about Millat Sports but if you plan to go to anarkali, it shouldn't be difficult to find these shops. From what I've heard, most sports shops are in the streets in front of Neela gumbad (not that far inside) and anyone in anarkali will be able to guide you.
I have been to Anarkali several times. I have seen few sports store on main (not sure what you call it). But I am talking about the ones near KE

Once again JazakALLAH Khair

What is the best bat for a normal batsman? I don't wanna buy it, just am curious so asking.

iHammad said:
What is the best bat for a normal batsman? I don't wanna buy it, just am curious so asking.
First and foremost important factor is the batsman budgets. It can start from $50 and can go upto $700 or even $1000

Cover Drive said:
First and foremost important factor is the batsman budgets. It can start from $50 and can go upto $700 or even $1000
lol okay say the budget is infinity for example..then what is the best bat?

iHammad said:
lol okay say the budget is infinity for example..then what is the best bat?
Again its ones preference. One guy might like Kashmiri willow (Cheap one) more than English willow :I. In other words, it depends how the bat feels in your hands. Its not that the most expensive bat will be the best.

Everyone has different views. So these days Newbery and Redback is over my head so I would say they are good!

Cover Drive said:
Again its ones preference. One guy might like Kashmiri willow (Cheap one) more than English willow :I. In other words, it depends how the bat feels in your hands. Its not that the most expensive bat will be the best.

Everyone has different views. So these days Newbery and Redback is over my head so I would say they are good!
I have a Reebok Skipper hard-ball bat, and I like it. Im a normal batsman, not a slow scorer..but not all out hitter like Afridi either. Something like Shane Watson maybe?

From Google Images

377_large_image.jpg

Last edited:
iHammad said:
I have a Reebok Skipper hard-ball bat, and I like it. Im a normal batsman, not a slow scorer..but not all out hitter like Afridi either. Something like Shane Watson maybe?
Reebok Skipper is very good bat! Nice pick mate! I hope it serves you really well! It is a great bat.

But do you like to slog or play drives like :moyo?

Cover Drive said:
Reebok Skipper is very good bat! Nice pick mate! I hope it serves you really well! It is a great bat.

But do you like to slog or play drives like :moyo?
lol, I kinda do both depending on the situation of the match I guess. Everybody likes slogging, but there is always a risk of getting out. Plus, when I go to slog, I sometimes mis a few and they become dot balls.

iHammad said:
lol, I kinda do both depending on the situation of the match I guess. Everybody likes slogging, but there is always a risk of getting out. Plus, when I go to slog, I sometimes mis a few and they become dot balls.
Ohh okay. Sometimes when I try to slog I completely miss (most of the time). But sometimes my head is screwed up so it says "SLOG!" (lol)

Cover Drive said:
Ohh okay. Sometimes when I try to slog I completely miss (most of the time). But sometimes my head is screwed up so it says "SLOG!" (lol)
Yeah im a fan of Afridi so my brain sometimes gets crazy and tells me to slog, but I stay patient and bat like a sensible guy :p

Plus, when you decided to slog and get out in trying to do so, your teammates start calling you "crazy!" :))

iHammad said:
Yeah im a fan of Afridi so my brain sometimes gets crazy and tells me to slog, but I stay patient and bat like a sensible guy :p

Plus, when you decided to slog and get out in trying to do so, your teammates start calling you "crazy!" :))
lol

Yup! :p When I do that in practice my teammates start saying that I am "pagal"

CD - I am looking to add new players to our team in T&D....any players you know of that are looking to join a team?

xkalibur80 said:
CD - I am looking to add new players to our team in T&D....any players you know of that are looking to join a team?
Uhmm I am not sure of any at the moment. But as I find someone who is then I will definitely let you know.

Also did you find out which Morrants was Melvin giving?

xkalibur80 said:

what division are you guys playing in xkalibur?

also - for the guys in the Toronto area - a friend has brought a shipment back from UT sports in karachi. Mostly CA 12000, 10000, and 8000's. All are being sold around the 180 - 200 range - cheaper obviously then any store in toronto.

if you guys are interested you can get in touch with me through CD. i've inspected the bats myself - they are genuine and all in the 2'8 - 2'10 weight range. im sure CD can vouch - i know my bats.

ca_gold said:

also - for the guys in the Toronto area - a friend has brought a shipment back from UT sports in karachi. Mostly CA 12000, 10000, and 8000's. All are being sold around the 180 - 200 range - cheaper obviously then any store in toronto.

if you guys are interested you can get in touch with me through CD. i've inspected the bats myself - they are genuine and all in the 2'8 - 2'10 weight range. im sure CD can vouch - i know my bats.

4th division but we have two other teams in 1st and 3rd....what about you?

I might be interested in CA8000.....how much is he asking?

ca_gold said:

Arre bhai wrong person :)

He himself sold few bats which were bought from UT Sports :)

Just to add guys ca_gold is top bloke! I can guarantee all of those bats are 100% genuine

baalti you might be interested in these bats. I will be honest with you that these price being offered are the best you can find in whole North America. I can guarantee it! I paid $190 for my CA 12000 Plus which I got from Pakistan (a guy brought it for me).

Will definitely recommend to anyone

xkalibur80 said:
also looking for rubber spikes.....any good deals anywhere?

best deal for rubber spikes is a place called tornado cricket - google them. they are in ottawa. but the guy travels to toronto often (his name is Dushy). you can tell him i referred you.

His Puma shoes are all over 10-15 less then any store in toronto. Have him bring you a pair.

i think all his bats are in the 180 - 200 range. he had a sher, the inferno, and some CA Gold's. Those were all sold today. The inferno was the best by far. The 12000 is also really nice and i think it was only 2'8

ca_gold said:
best deal for rubber spikes is a place called tornado cricket - google them. they are in ottawa. but the guy travels to toronto often (his name is Dushy). you can tell him i referred you.

His Puma shoes are all over 10-15 less then any store in toronto. Have him bring you a pair.

i think all his bats are in the 180 - 200 range. he had a sher, the inferno, and some CA Gold's. Those were all sold today. The inferno was the best by far. The 12000 is also really nice and i think it was only 2'8
Did you get this? Just for memories ?

Cover Drive said:
Did you get this? Just for memories ?

ahahah no but i was really tempted. they always say the first proper bat you own is your favorite. i have to say the CA Gold is def my favorite - even though it is probably G2 willow. I'm hoping the Newbury will take that spot now :p

ca_gold said:
ahahah no but i was really tempted. they always say the first proper bat you own is your favorite. i have to say the CA Gold is def my favorite - even though it is probably G2 willow. I'm hoping the Newbury will take that spot now :p
Thats true. I personally like my GN the most out of my bats because it was first bat which I bought according to my will. I sometime think of investing in big brands but I have second thoughts because there top notch bat quality is not as good as smaller companies top notch bats.

For instance, GN Powerbow PP will not be better than Newbery SPS or even players in some case

ca_gold said:

did he only get bats?? i am looking to add a few pairs of gloves to my kit too
and where in the toronto area is this friend of urs based?

Cover Drive said:
Thats true. I personally like my GN the most out of my bats because it was first bat which I bought according to my will. I sometime think of investing in big brands but I have second thoughts because there top notch bat quality is not as good as smaller companies top notch bats.

For instance, GN Powerbow PP will not be better than Newbery SPS or even players in some case

that might be true - but the predator i had technically is the best bat i've used - and that was only a 5 star. The CA Gold i just had an emotional attachment too. But the Predator was also only a Grade 2 - I figure if i had the the Carbo - or Pro Perf predator - imagine how well that would go......i think you cant classify Newbury as a small company - they are a big bat maker! Redback, Laver, Screaming Cat....these are the small ones...

ca_gold said:

thanks for the referral....I will look him up.

Also, I myself got bats from UT sports and I will not question the authenticity of their bats. Can you email me at ohussain@sympatico.ca? I need to ask you something.

khankhan said:
did he only get bats?? i am looking to add a few pairs of gloves to my kit too
and where in the toronto area is this friend of urs based?

he is downtown Toronto

Cover Drive has a whole bunch of good quality gloves for sale - you should ask him.

ca_gold said:
he is downtown Toronto

Cover Drive has a whole bunch of good quality gloves for sale - you should ask him.

do you know if ur friend is able to meet up and show me the bats?? cuz i am rly intrested in buyingg a good bat and bats from pakistan are top quality

If anyone wants to buy MB Bubber Sher (2.8lbs) and CA 12000 Plus (2.7 lbs) let me know as I want to sell these two bats.

khankhan said:
do you know if ur friend is able to meet up and show me the bats?? cuz i am rly intrested in buyingg a good bat and bats from pakistan are top quality

Hey Khankhan,

I am also selling my MB Bubber Sher and CA12000 Plus. Let me know if you are interested.

cricketer13 said:
Hey Khankhan,

I am also selling my MB Bubber Sher and CA12000 Plus. Let me know if you are interested.

brand new or used??
price range?

ca_gold said:
that might be true - but the predator i had technically is the best bat i've used - and that was only a 5 star. The CA Gold i just had an emotional attachment too. But the Predator was also only a Grade 2 - I figure if i had the the Carbo - or Pro Perf predator - imagine how well that would go......i think you cant classify Newbury as a small company - they are a big bat maker! Redback, Laver, Screaming Cat....these are the small ones...
Thats true.

Compare to GN, GM etc I think its small company. Another reason why these big brand bats quality isn't that excellent could be due to the fact majority have moved to India.

Redback, Newbery, SC, Laver, Nixon, Vantage and several others all make there bats in UK and Australia

cricketer13 said:
MB Bubber Sher is brand new top notch quality. $230
CA 12000 used in just one practice. $250 and yes its knocked and oiled properly so all good to go

here's the link

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-...Bats-100-Original-Must-see-W0QQAdIdZ191677105

CA12000 is out of my price range unfortunately - while I was in Pak, I almost bought it but then backed out.

I know a guy in Nova Scotia who might pick up these bats from you as he bought two Bubber Shers from me.

CD where are u based in toronto?? and hows the size of those gloves ?? would they fit a 16 year old?? i hate wearing huge gloves

Last edited:
xkalibur80 said:
CA12000 is out of my price range unfortunately - while I was in Pak, I almost bought it but then backed out.

I know a guy in Nova Scotia who might pick up these bats from you as he bought two Bubber Shers from me.
Woow Nova Scotia? Does he runs a cricket store there? If so do you mind giving me his email address ?

xkalibur80 said:

Yaar I would bring the price down but unfortunately I had to pay customs and taxes just to make sure my bats dont get drilled thats why they cost me a lot. I will give u my CA12000 for $230 bcuz i played with it once.

Nova Scotia hmmmm i dont know how he will buy these bats lol

khankhan said:
CD where are u based in toronto?? and hows i s the size of those gloves ?? would they fit a 16 year old?? i hate wearing huge gloves
I am in Brampton/Mississauga area

They are Mens. Uhmm do you have long fingers?

Cover Drive said:
Woow Nova Scotia? Does he runs a cricket store there? If so do you mind giving me his email address ?

No he doesn't.....he has a team and they usually buy their stuff from Hagee sports....since I was selling my bats for cheaper, he bought the bats from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back