Questions Regarding Cricket Equipment (Bats, Pads, Gloves etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Impressive bat I must say. The more I praise less it is! The face and grains are just superb! MashALLAH its very good bat! I hope it goes really well for you and you score tons of runs with it. Sherry Bhai hows weight for you? Hows pick up compare to CA LE and MB LE?

Here are pictures of Sherry Bhai's GM Icon Original Limited Edition

ed18-0006.jpg

ed18-0005.jpg

ed18-0004.jpg

ed18-0003.jpg

ed18-0002.jpg

ed18-0001.jpg

Also Sherry bhai a good picture of edges would be awesome as well

It has got lots of meat on it!

Cover Drive said:
Also Sherry bhai a good picture of edges would be awesome as well

It has got lots of meat on it!

Thanks Uzair. I will take a couple of pictures and send those to u in 10 minutes so u can post them as well.

cricketer13 said:
Thanks Uzair. I will take a couple of pictures and send those to u in 10 minutes so u can post them as well.
No worries! I can!

Ohh you asked me how to post them? Its quite straightforward. All you have to do is copy code of the picture on photobucket and it will be here. Just copy that [IMG] code and paste it here

Hope it helps!

Cover Drive said:
Impressive bat I must say. The more I praise less it is! The face and grains are just superb! MashALLAH its very good bat! I hope it goes really well for you and you score tons of runs with it. Sherry Bhai hows weight for you? Hows pick up compare to CA LE and MB LE?

Yaar this bat is just phenomenal. Best pick up out of all my bats but ye compared to MB LE this is better however MB LE has better grains and thicker edges.

Cover Drive said:

Thanks Uzair. One more thing that is surprising to me are the edges. I thought they wont be as thick but Mashallah they are quite thick so i wonder how thick would GM PLUS

Zabaardast hai Sherry bhai!

It has got alot of meat on it! It is very meaty bat. Look at the shoulders? They are really thick as well. I bet the shoulders are thicker than MB LE. The swell and sweetspot is just awesome as well. To me the bat clearly looks around 2.11ish mark.

I agree!

Most posts by users in this thread

User Name Posts
Cover Drive 946
Uncle Sam 176
Majid_V3 133
xkalibur80 103
cricketer13 101
Rizwan25 74
usman_ash14 68
sultanator 51
ca_gold 47
nitrous 46
Paradox 41
Master_Entertainer 40
baalti 33
Poison 23

Last edited:
I am in the 4th spot? Not bad for someone who only has 370 posts in over two years.....almost 3rd of my posts are on this thread! LoL

BTW - very nice bat cricketer13.......as CD said, very meaty bat indeed. Hard to touch an English bat.

xkalibur80 said:
I am in the 4th spot? Not bad for someone who only has 370 posts in over two years.....almost 3rd of my posts are on this thread! LoL
:))

cricketer13 made all of his posts (instead of one) in this thread. Seems like he just joined PP for this thread.

Omair Bhai any luck on uniforms? Which one are you going for?

Cover Drive said:

cricketer13 made all of his posts (instead of one) in this thread. Seems like he just joined PP for this thread.

LOL right uzair as I am only interested in bats and stuff

cricketer13 said:
LOL right uzair as I am only interested in bats and stuff
There are many people like you Sherry Bhai.

Sherry Bhai did you get a chance to measure its edges?

Cover Drive said:
There are many people like you Sherry Bhai.

Sherry Bhai did you get a chance to measure its edges?

Nai yaar i was just at other team practice so just got back home. Are u coming 2day?

xkalibur80 said:
BTW - very nice bat cricketer13.......as CD said, very meaty bat indeed. Hard to touch an English bat.

Thank you brother. What do u mean by hard to touch an English bat?

Cover Drive said:

Yes, placed the order today with powerplay sports....they send their order back to Pakistan anyway....I could have gotten it from UT if I was still in Karachi.

By the time it gets made and shipped here, I will end up paying the same amount as what I paid to Power Play - ok may be $5 less uniform.

cricketer13 said:
Thank you brother. What do u mean by hard to touch an English bat?

I was referring to overall quality and finish of the bat....CA comes close but I haven't seen the elegance of an English bat in our bats just yet.

I am trying to get my wife to bring CA8000 back for me....not sure if she will have enough space. I really like the Bubber Sher pads!!

xkalibur80 said:
I am trying to get my wife to bring CA8000 back for me....not sure if she will have enough space. I really like the Bubber Sher pads!!
CA 8000 Plus is a good bat. InshALLAH she will have enough space

Omair Bhai where did you see Bubber Sher pads?

xkalibur80 said:
Yes, placed the order today with powerplay sports....they send their order back to Pakistan anyway....I could have gotten it from UT if I was still in Karachi.

By the time it gets made and shipped here, I will end up paying the same amount as what I paid to Power Play - ok may be $5 less uniform.
Ohh okay. Well yeah I think you did the right thing. In Pakistan you are not guaranteed of anything so atleast Melvin is aware when the season is starting and all that

xkalibur80 said:
Any places that give a good deal on Kookaburra match balls?
Not sure about balls. Have no clue about them..sorry

I saw one guy selling them on Kijiji the other day

Cover Drive said:
Not sure about balls. Have no clue about them..sorry

I saw one guy selling them on Kijiji the other day

That was me....I ordered training balls by mistake from Prodirect....by the time it got to me, the return policy had expired. Now I am stuck with half a dozen training balls that are no good to me.

xkalibur80 said:
That was me....I ordered training balls by mistake from Prodirect....by the time it got to me, the return policy had expired. Now I am stuck with half a dozen training balls that are no good to me.
Why aren't they good for you?

Whats wrong with them?

Cover Drive said:
JazakALLAH Khair...they certainly look good. In fact, I would say first modern style Pakistani pads. They look very similar to SP which Younis Khan wears.

The gloves on other hand look nice as well.

InshALLAH will keep these two back of my head when I go Pakistan

Indeed.....first pair of pads that I like outside of the moulded one's....price isn't too bad either but I wonder how much it would be with shipping, taxes etc.

Will probably end up paying around $70-$80 by the time they are done with me. Might as well take another trip to Pakistan next year.

Cover Drive said:
Why aren't they good for you?

Whats wrong with them?

I thought they were match balls....they weren't very clear in their description. I could use them in the nets but that won't be until next year as we are practicing outdoors now.

xkalibur80 said:
Indeed.....first pair of pads that I like outside of the moulded one's....price isn't too bad either but I wonder how much it would be with shipping, taxes etc.

Will probably end up paying around $70-$80 by the time they are done with me. Might as well take another trip to Pakistan next year.
Shipping for a pair of pad is quite alot. I remember when my GM's were stuck in UK I told my cousin to ship them out but she said that shipping for a pair of pads will be 80 odd pounds. So I reckon from Pakistan it will be higher.

A trip next year would be worth for sure

xkalibur80 said:
I thought they were match balls....they weren't very clear in their description. I could use them in the nets but that won't be until next year as we are practicing outdoors now.
Ohh okay. Just out of curiosity is there much difference in training balls and match balls?

Cover Drive said:
Ohh okay. Just out of curiosity is there much difference in training balls and match balls?

Yes....training balls are much lighter compared to regular one's. Also they are softer too.

xkalibur80 said:
Yes....training balls are much lighter compared to regular one's. Also they are softer too.
Ohh okay. Make sense

JazakALLAH Khair for explaining the difference.

Just out of curiosity did you manage to sell them or they are still for sale?

Cover Drive said:
Ohh okay. Make sense

Uzair so wats the plan so far for practice bcuz if u r not coming i wont bring GM

cricketer13 said:
Uzair so wats the plan so far for practice bcuz if u r not coming i wont bring GM

What time do you leave your house? I can call you in the morning and let you know

How does it sounds?

Cover Drive said:
What time do you leave your house? I can call you in the morning and let you know

How does it sounds?

Ya works well call me at 10:30am as i will leave around 11ish

cricketer13 said:
Arey koi masla nai bhai its all good. I hope u come so we can chat lol

sherry yaar - great looking bat - i've never batted with a GM - but that one looks fantastic. where did you order it from btw?

does this bat require oiling? also make sure your team doesnt use baqwas balls in the nets.

ca_gold said:
sherry yaar - great looking bat - i've never batted with a GM - but that one looks fantastic. where did you order it from btw?

does this bat require oiling? also make sure your team doesnt use baqwas balls in the nets.

they use good ones however unfortunately there are 2-3 red ones which are potential bat breakers/damagers... so sherry i would advise you to either request not to use the red ones (pink/white are ok) or dont use the bat in practice, unless u wana see ur new baby get hurt :afridi

btw that is a sexy bat Sherry, how much you forked out for it?

also if someone could answer this:

are only bats coming in from Pak/Ind get fair chances of drilling, or it doesn't matter as long as a bat goes through the customs it has its fair chances of getting drilled?

another thing, on the last picture on this page (side/edge of bat) what is that blemish, are these of any concerns? i know its not a Knot, but just curious?

same for the 2nd last picture on this thread, the small blemishes on the side of the bat in two spots, i see these on some bats, are these of concern or good to have, or what is the deal?

thanks.

baalti said:
another thing, on the last picture on this page (side/edge of bat) what is that blemish, are these of any concerns? i know its not a Knot, but just curious?

same for the 2nd last picture on this thread, the small blemishes on the side of the bat in two spots, i see these on some bats, are these of concern or good to have, or what is the deal?

thanks.

Asad bhai those knots are not of concern at all as they are not on the face of the bat and do not affect the performance at all.

baalti said:

are only bats coming in from Pak/Ind get fair chances of drilling, or it doesn't matter as long as a bat goes through the customs it has its fair chances of getting drilled?

About drilling, i have a friend in canada border services and he told me that bats and stuff coming from sub continent gets drilled not the ones from UK as they pass through extensive checkup before departure. Another thing he mentioned was the declared value. Pakistani and Indian suppliers declare a small amount or even gift item to save custom duties which pisses them off and they end up opening and drilling stuff. I ordered 16 bats from Pakistan 2 months ago and none of them was drilled bcuz i declared full amount.

Last edited:
ca_gold said:

Thank you ca gold bhai. GM is the best bat i have ever held. I ordered it from GM (custom made) through someone in UK.

It does not require anything except for a few throw downs with an old ball.

baalti said:

There you go!

baalti said:
and if these blemishes are on the front, than it is right?

also any coments on this bat here CJI SUMO LE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&v=lA-GvRqQUSg
BLemishes doesn't affect the bat or its performane. So if they on the front then its fine and if they are on side then its fine as well

Not a big fan of CJI. I don't think they are great maker of a bat. Rather than going for that go for a T20 bat.

cricketer13 said:
Thank you Asad bhai. Yaar i paid a lot to get his one it ended up costing me $520 but trust me its all worth it.

About drilling, i have a friend in canada border services and he told me that bats and stuff coming from sub continent gets drilled not the ones from UK as they pass through extensive checkup before departure. Another thing he mentioned was the declared value. Pakistani and Indian suppliers declare a small amount or even gift item to save custom duties which pisses them off and they end up opening and drilling stuff. I ordered 16 bats from Pakistan 2 months ago and none of them was drilled bcuz i declared full amount.

you got them from a store via phone/email etc, or did you have a friend/cousin buy them for you and parcel them out, or someone brought them? and is there any stipulation or some sort of regulation/rule if u order that many bats, or it doesnt matter how many bats you order, i am asking in terms of "a normal person/player would say order about 1-3 max bats, but 16 bats in that would make them assume its for business purposes or something, and you might get bigger bracket of tax/duty's implied on the shipment" whats the scenario like.

btw, do bring in your CA 12k today just in case.

thanks guys for the answers, umm i just liked the look of the lower profile/sweet spot on that CJI, and the meat on it, it certainly looks like it can make a weaklings half loft go for a maximum.

baalti said:
thanks guys for the answers, umm i just liked the look of the lower profile/sweet spot on that CJI, and the meat on it, it certainly looks like it can make a weaklings half loft go for a maximum.
As I said mate its not worth. But as you wish. Joker is better option than CJI in my opinion

baalti said:
you got them from a store via phone/email etc, or did you have a friend/cousin buy them for you and parcel them out, or someone brought them? and is there any stipulation or some sort of regulation/rule if u order that many bats, or it doesnt matter how many bats you order, i am asking in terms of "a normal person/player would say order about 1-3 max bats, but 16 bats in that would make them assume its for business purposes or something, and you might get bigger bracket of tax/duty's implied on the shipment" whats the scenario like.

btw, do bring in your CA 12k today just in case.

I got all of my bats from Sialkot except for two. My cousin was in Sialkot so he got them for me. The amount of bats does not matter at all. If you declare correct value chances are minimal of getting drilled. In my case I told my cousin to ask his customs friend to write "Special Order, Inspected by Pakistan customs (custom office batch #), Must contact buyer before any inspection. Any my stuff wasnt even opened.

Cover Drive said:
As I said mate its not worth. But as you wish. Joker is better option than CJI in my opinion

I second what Uzair said. CJI is not worth the money. Better go with Salix if u like this kind of profile.

Asad bhai honeslty for a player like u MB LE/MB Bubber sher would be perfect.

cricketer13 said:
I second what Uzair said. CJI is not worth the money. Better go with Salix if u like this kind of profile.

Asad bhai honeslty for a player like u MB LE/MB Bubber sher would be perfect.

i respect you 2's opinions, i am not considering to buy it, just the lower profile made me look twice, but yea you are right Sherry, however, unfortunately the money that is required for those out here is out of my league in my current financial circumstances, maybe at a later time for sure, but not right now atleast not from Canada, etc for around $250-300 i can't.

i am fine with weights upto 3lbs (but when u swing really hard and miss, yaozies), thats why i am looking for a heavier lower profile bat. unless koi mere pe taras kha ke mujhay achi deal dai dei, lolz, i'll be finally stress free of this buying a bat circus. I wish I had grown up couzins in Khi, or someone in Sialkot. Plus no one has the Bat expertise for me to send out and get me one.

Sherry could you kindly have your couzin/friend who got the order for you get 2-3 bats for me yaar, matlab i'll give u specs, have him ship em out to you, and i'll give you the Payment if ok with you and your link. I am really in a sticky situation here. someone help me out, :moyo

Last edited:
Cover Drive said:
Ohh okay. Make sense

Still up for sale......

Cover Drive said:
Shipping for a pair of pad is quite alot. I remember when my GM's were stuck in UK I told my cousin to ship them out but she said that shipping for a pair of pads will be 80 odd pounds. So I reckon from Pakistan it will be higher.

A trip next year would be worth for sure

I recently talked to a cricket store in pakistan.. the owner said that it is Rs. 700 per kg with mazimum 25kg per shipment..
good deal??

khankhan said:
I recently talked to a cricket store in pakistan.. the owner said that it is Rs. 700 per kg with mazimum 25kg per shipment..
good deal??
Rs. 700 is just not possible. Is it through an airline or what?

baalti said:
i respect you 2's opinions, i am not considering to buy it, just the lower profile made me look twice, but yea you are right Sherry, however, unfortunately the money that is required for those out here is out of my league in my current financial circumstances, maybe at a later time for sure, but not right now atleast not from Canada, etc for around $250-300 i can't.

i am fine with weights upto 3lbs (but when u swing really hard and miss, yaozies), thats why i am looking for a heavier lower profile bat. unless koi mere pe taras kha ke mujhay achi deal dai dei, lolz, i'll be finally stress free of this buying a bat circus. I wish I had grown up couzins in Khi, or someone in Sialkot. Plus no one has the Bat expertise for me to send out and get me one.

Sherry could you kindly have your couzin/friend who got the order for you get 2-3 bats for me yaar, matlab i'll give u specs, have him ship em out to you, and i'll give you the Payment if ok with you and your link. I am really in a sticky situation here. someone help me out, :moyo

No problem Asad. I will talk to my cousin just gimme the specs and i will tell u which one is for how much and how much the whole shipment will end up costing.

Cover Drive said:

It is possible, however, they will charge surplus, fuel charge, handling fee so it will go up.

BTW Uzair i just bought Kahuna 600 gloves and they feel superb!

cricketer13 said:
It is possible, however, they will charge surplus, fuel charge, handling fee so it will go up.

BTW Uzair i just bought Kahuna 600 gloves and they feel superb!
Off course hidden charges will be there

yaar from where and how much?

cricketer13 said:
No problem Asad. I will talk to my cousin just gimme the specs and i will tell u which one is for how much and how much the whole shipment will end up costing.

actaully as we spoke today at & after practice, i'd rather you bring along with you (as that will gurantee them not being drilled), and for my specs,

i need a 12 cane short handle, thats a must, 2.9 - 2.10, 8-11 balanced grains, lower profile, light (not extremely) pickup, rest you saw my batting and you prob have a good/decent idea... brand type i'll leave upto you...

also a question, i haven't batted with a light bat below 2.10 so what's the dif for a guy like me who would step out and give the ball some phainty... would it give me the same reinforcement to my shots, any thing of concern?

Cover Drive said:

i only had a chance to ask him that .. but inshallah i will contact him soon and ask for more info..and let u guys knows
he is a friend of my uncle so it might be possible :)
How much does it usually cost to ship equipment from pak?

khankhan said:
i only had a chance to ask him that .. but inshallah i will contact him soon and ask for more info..and let u guys knows
he is a friend of my uncle so it might be possible :)
How much does it usually cost to ship equipment from pak?
I remember I once asked CA factory people to ship me underpadded shorts and gloves so they said Rs. 4000.

Cover Drive said:
I remember I once asked CA factory people to ship me underpadded shorts and gloves so they said Rs. 4000.
apparently this guy is an owner of a cricket equipment store

baalti said:
actaully as we spoke today at & after practice, i'd rather you bring along with you (as that will gurantee them not being drilled), and for my specs,

i need a 12 cane short handle, thats a must, 2.9 - 2.10, 8-11 balanced grains, lower profile, light (not extremely) pickup, rest you saw my batting and you prob have a good/decent idea... brand type i'll leave upto you...

also a question, i haven't batted with a light bat below 2.10 so what's the dif for a guy like me who would step out and give the ball some phainty... would it give me the same reinforcement to my shots, any thing of concern?

Sure Asad before I leave I will let you know. I have seen you bat and going with a lighter bat wont affect your timing at all. If the bat is light and is made of good willow it will help you a lot as you will be on top of the ball every time. Also, it will help you play those pull shots.

cricketer13 said:
Sure Asad before I leave I will let you know. I have seen you bat and going with a lighter bat wont affect your timing at all. If the bat is light and is made of good willow it will help you a lot as you will be on top of the ball every time. Also, it will help you play those pull shots.

Thank you Sherry, and yeah do finalize/check with me before whenever you leave. and with the pull shots, its more with the eyes than the bat for me, but with the lighter bat i suppose chances will increase of being there to meet it. Khair, right now i am so confused/lost with this bat business lol i am flipping and changing my mind at the turn of every minute, anywho, no matter what i end up doing, i'll let you know.

ok guys, i am in touch with this guy from Pak, and i am speaking to him about, 2 bats, 1 is CA 12k Plus & GN Xiphos pro-performance at $350 canadian. both will be Grade 1 english willow, toe guard etc plus my specs, question regarding the handles i am awaiting reply, no dutys, no extra hidden fees, and he said if it gets drilled he will replace them (now i'll be paying via paypal & credit card, so if he is lying or sends fake bats i will get a refund anyways) as I got that from a seller who sent in a fake bat earlier.

he was offering both bats at $300 given i pay through western union, now my question is does western union provide same lvl of security/assurance as paypal/credit card companies do in case its fake/never arrives/damaged etc? any experts here?

and guys what do you think, is 350 a fair price for the two bats?

baalti said:
ok guys, i am in touch with this guy from Pak, and i am speaking to him about, 2 bats, 1 is CA 12k Plus & GN Xiphos pro-performance at $350 canadian. both will be Grade 1 english willow, toe guard etc plus my specs, question regarding the handles i am awaiting reply, no dutys, no extra hidden fees, and he said if it gets drilled he will replace them (now i'll be paying via paypal & credit card, so if he is lying or sends fake bats i will get a refund anyways) as I got that from a seller who sent in a fake bat earlier.

he was offering both bats at $300 given i pay through western union, now my question is does western union provide same lvl of security/assurance as paypal/credit card companies do in case its fake/never arrives/damaged etc? any experts here?

and guys what do you think, is 350 a fair price for the two bats?

Judging by the price including delivery it seems fake as CA12000 alone is roughly around $180 and GN Xiphos pro perf. is quite expensive ranging between ($300-$400). So do the math and you will see for yourself.

Western Union is just one way transfer no guarantees or anything so go with Paypal.

By the way, baalti I reckon in $350 you can easily get two bats shipped from Pakistan (AS V3). I think its $150 each including shipping and everything

Cover Drive said:
By the way, baalti I reckon in $350 you can easily get two bats shipped from Pakistan (AS V3). I think its $150 each including shipping and everything

I second that. He should consider this option and get MB bubber sher and ASV3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back