Questions Regarding Cricket Equipment (Bats, Pads, Gloves etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some more pics

Attachments

• IMG00047-20100420-1216.jpg
    IMG00047-20100420-1216.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG00051-20100420-1219.jpg
    IMG00051-20100420-1219.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG00048-20100420-1217.jpg
    IMG00048-20100420-1217.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG00049-20100420-1217.jpg
    IMG00049-20100420-1217.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG00050-20100420-1219.jpg
    IMG00050-20100420-1219.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 79
xkalibur80 said:
CD - I spoke to Shakeel bhai today and he hasn't heard of AS V3 LE yet....also, where can I see Arafat wearing Bubber Sher pads?
Ohh okay.

Here are Bubber Sher pads worn by Yasir Arafat

58139224.jpg

Master_Entertainer said:
Salam! Long time since ive posted something here.
I used my AS-V3 and CA12000 for the first time yesterday. Both are absolutely brilliant. AS-V3 is by far the best bat i have used.. It has a huge sweet spot and the ball flies of like a rocket. It is a solid bat with huge edges, the ball travels really far even when you edge it.

My CA12000 is a light bat, 2.6. It has good balance and pickup, and a big middle. It is such a thin bat, and seems very fragile to me. Yesterday when my brother played with it he hit a yorker on the last ball, and the bat got a dent on the bottom of the bat. I have applied protective sheet on it, and some fibertape on the bottom. My question is: Can i do something else to prevent further damage on the bottom?

Bhai Cover Drive ? :iamlegend
Asalamalakium Warakamatulilahi Wabarakatuhu Brother,

Hope you are well! It had been a while since we spoke. Anyways, I am glad to hear that your bats are going well!

lol mate CA 12000 is not a fragile piece of willow. It is awesome as well but since you have got it in 2.6 (lightweight) then it could be. It is quite difficult to get Pakistani bats in lightweight. Usually they are overweighted than the sticker figures. Furthermore, it is a bit hard to find such light weight bats as well

As cricketer13 (Sherry Bhai) said what you can do in order to prevent further damage is to knock more. The toe area of the bat is weakest area so it requires most knocking. Knock with a wooden mallet whereas start slowly and gradually increase your force. Don't start banging it right away! Just slowly in the beginning and gradually increase your force. Toe usually does require alot of knocking.

Uhmm since you have applied clear scuff sheet and fibreglass I reckon it wouldn't be good to knock over that

Hope it helps! If you have any question then please don't hesitate asking me

JazakALLAH Khair

Rizwan25 said:
Some more pics
Rizwan Bhai, you got a very good bat. I hope it goes really well for you and you score tons of runs with it.

Are you by any chance a left hander?

cricketer13 said:
If you dont mind me answering then yes you can prevent further damage. Use a wooden mallet and knock the bottom. Start slowly and increase force gradually this will ensure that the bottom has been pressed. However, keep in mind that the quality of the ball can damage your bat especially the bottom so avoid using those.
To further extent avoid playing yorkers especially when your bat is new.

rizwan good bat, just curious guys, on the 2nd picture (of the first pic set he posted) on the front you see 2 colors on the bat running down vertically, normal bleached color, and than on the right side you see darker color, i have heard thats not a good sign on bats, is it correct or is it wrong, or is it somewhere in between? again that is 2 types of colors of wood on the face of bat.

just coming back from practice at Khan's that was a good 1 hr session on the machine and khan is cheaper than hagee, khan @ 30 hagee @ 35. i'm prob gona swing a deal with khan and get it for 25 instead, here is hoping.

Cover Drive said:
Rizwan Bhai, you got a very good bat. I hope it goes really well for you and you score tons of runs with it.

Are you by any chance a left hander?

Thanks CD, i wish if I was a lefty. I think all left handers are really stylish.

baalti said:
just coming back from practice at Khan's that was a good 1 hr session on the machine and khan is cheaper than hagee, khan @ 30 hagee @ 35. i'm prob gona swing a deal with khan and get it for 25 instead, here is hoping.
I have played at Hagee in past and have always paid him $25 for bowling machine on weekdays

baalti said:
rizwan good bat, just curious guys, on the 2nd picture (of the first pic set he posted) on the front you see 2 colors on the bat running down vertically, normal bleached color, and than on the right side you see darker color, i have heard thats not a good sign on bats, is it correct or is it wrong, or is it somewhere in between? again that is 2 types of colors of wood on the face of bat.
I would call it mixed heartwood.

baalti said:

I have no idea, I think its just the darker side of the willow.

AS ton glove and mallet.

Attachments

• IMG00055-20100420-1550.jpg
    IMG00055-20100420-1550.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG00053-20100420-1447.jpg
    IMG00053-20100420-1447.jpg
    291 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG00052-20100420-1409.jpg
    IMG00052-20100420-1409.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG00054-20100420-1550.jpg
    IMG00054-20100420-1550.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 56
Cover Drive said:
Asalamalakium Warakamatulilahi Wabarakatuhu Brother,

Hope you are well! It had been a while since we spoke. Anyways, I am glad to hear that your bats are going well!

lol mate CA 12000 is not a fragile piece of willow. It is awesome as well but since you have got it in 2.6 (lightweight) then it could be. It is quite difficult to get Pakistani bats in lightweight. Usually they are overweighted than the sticker figures. Furthermore, it is a bit hard to find such light weight bats as well

As cricketer13 (Sherry Bhai) said what you can do in order to prevent further damage is to knock more. The toe area of the bat is weakest area so it requires most knocking. Knock with a wooden mallet whereas start slowly and gradually increase your force. Don't start banging it right away! Just slowly in the beginning and gradually increase your force. Toe usually does require alot of knocking.

Uhmm since you have applied clear scuff sheet and fibreglass I reckon it wouldn't be good to knock over that

Hope it helps! If you have any question then please don't hesitate asking me

JazakALLAH Khair

Thank you cricketer13 and Cover Drive !

Okay i will knock the toe area, but as u said it is a weak area, so i dont want to damage it further.
Thank you for the advice, both of you. :iamlegend

Master_Entertainer said:
Thank you cricketer13 and Cover Drive !

Okay i will knock the toe area, but as u said it is a weak area, so i dont want to damage it further.
Thank you for the advice, both of you. :iamlegend
No worries!

Let me know if you guys need pictures of the gloves.

Cover Drive said:
Glove look nice as well!

Just wondering why did you get this mallet rather than wooden?

I prefer a mallet with a ball as the seam marks helps your figure out how much more you have to knock.

Rizwan25 said:
I prefer a mallet with a ball as the seam marks helps your figure out how much more you have to knock.
Yes they do but you have to knock with wooden one first (if I am precisely sure)

Cover Drive said:
Does it seems to be dry? Feel it..

I won't say its dry but as you know after they bleach the willow they let it dry and stuff so I find it a little dry.

Is it lindseed oil only that can be used?

Rizwan25 said:
I won't say its dry but as you know after they bleach the willow they let it dry and stuff so I find it a little dry.

Is it lindseed oil only that can be used?
So I would give a light coat if you think its dry

Yes

Alright guys, my wife can bring back a couple of bats....here is what I am thinking CA10k and 8k?

Any thoughts on Helmet, gloves etc?

xkalibur80 said:
Alright guys, my wife can bring back a couple of bats....here is what I am thinking CA10k and 8k?

Man get the Malik Bubber sher pads that are in the above pic....

xkalibur80 said:

Get CA 10000 Plus. If CA 12000 Plus is in your price range then get it that. I expect that its price has depreciated due to higher models.

Helmet, CA one looks good (the one Dilsan wears).

Gloves, Ihsan Inferno 950 and/or CA 12000 Plus (new ones with shark tooth pittard) or even Bubber Sher

Pads, Boom Boom if they are available or Bubber Sher if they are available. Don't go for CA 12000 Plus as they are really bulky due to the fact they have 9 canes

Last edited:
Cover Drive said:
I don't think they are fully out yet. Although I am not 100% sure

Yes they are not in the market just yet but Shakeel bhai could get it.....it might be too late by the time he gets them.

He is still quoting me Rs9500 (which is what I was quoted 3 months ago) for CA10000 and I have the intention of bringing it down to at least Rs8800-9000.

CA12000 is probably still at Rs 12000 if not more.

xkalibur80 said:
Yes they are not in the market just yet but Shakeel bhai could get it.....it might be too late by the time he gets them.

He is still quoting me Rs9500 (which is what I was quoted 3 months ago) for CA10000 and I have the intention of bringing it down to at least Rs8800-9000.

Ohh okay

Rs. 9000 is not that bad. I think CA 10000 Plus is also Grade 1

What else are you planning to buy?

Cover Drive said:
Ohh okay

Rs. 9000 is not that bad. I think CA 10000 Plus is also Grade 1

What else are you planning to buy?

How do I know if a bat is grade 1 - I know it's a rookie question!

I am planning on getting 2 bats, CA 12000 plus gloves, good balls for practicing and possibly coloured pads.

xkalibur80 said:

Get MB LE and Ihsan Inferno 950.

For those who haven't seen a T20 bat

Heres one

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3156890&id=79022964845#!/photo.php?pid=3357081&id=79022964845&fbid=369080849845

I am not sure if G1 still goes for that price although G3 does...

has anyone dealt with this dude on Kijiji posting cricket equipment with email id: rftradersca@gmail.com and cell # 647-839-5806

if so how was your experience with him? how is his equipment?

baalti said:
has anyone dealt with this dude on Kijiji posting cricket equipment with email id: rftradersca@gmail.com and cell # 647-839-5806

if so how was your experience with him? how is his equipment?

I have....all his equipment is from UT sports and the bats are pretty decent. His name is Fawwad.

Which bat are you specifically looking for?

^^^ no not looking into the bats, just other stuff I was giving a look. For bats i'll have either Sherry bhai bring me a couple, or maybe wait for a cousin of mine who might be coming in next couple of mnths (uncertain for now on date) so i'll be getting them from back home, not here. and i suppose i'll just patiently wait for it.

baalti said:
^^^ no not looking into the bats, just other stuff I was giving a look. For bats i'll have either Sherry bhai bring me a couple, or maybe wait for a cousin of mine who might be coming in next couple of mnths (uncertain for now on date) so i'll be getting them from back home, not here. and i suppose i'll just patiently wait for it.

Yes even his other equipment is from UT sports.

I will hopefully be getting a CA10000 by Saturday - contemplating on ordering another bat.

xkalibur80 said:
Yes even his other equipment is from UT sports.

I will hopefully be getting a CA10000 by Saturday - contemplating on ordering another bat.
MashALLAH Omair bhai! I am sure you will like it! Did Shakeel Bhai drop the price for you? Also did you buy anything else?

Alhamdulilah now you have two top range Pakistani bats :D

any good reputable cricket stores in Lahore? Uzair you'll prob know this one :)

lol baalti to be honest, I don't know any reputable seller in Lahore. But I have heard of few. I don't mind naming them.

1. Millet Sports
2. Zaidi Sports
3. Shahid Sports in Ichra

Hope it helps

Cover Drive said:
MashALLAH Omair bhai! I am sure you will like it! Did Shakeel Bhai drop the price for you? Also did you buy anything else?

Alhamdulilah now you have two top range Pakistani bats :D

Thanks Uzair.....he will probably drop the price as I am getting brother in law to go in to pick it up. He told me over the phone that he will do something so we will see.

I hope that the weight is light enough for me or I will have to end up selling it.

I also ordered CA 12000 gloves as per your suggestion.

I have asked to pick up the CA helmet is he has it.

xkalibur80 said:
Thanks Uzair.....he will probably drop the price as I am getting brother in law to go in to pick it up. He told me over the phone that he will do something so we will see.

I hope that the weight is light enough for me or I will have to end up selling it.

I also ordered CA 12000 gloves as per your suggestion.

I have asked to pick up the CA helmet is he has it.
I am sure you will like the weight. The fact that will make you like the weight is pick up and balance of CA. There top bats have very good pick up as well balance. So it doesn't take a while to get used to them

Good move. I hope they are the new ones.

CA helmet is good as well. One of my old club mate got it from UT Sports and I got to see it and it looked good

cd - got the newbury today - the finish is fantastic. it is slightly bottom heavy - but in the pickup its negligible. i had a light nets with it today and the ball flies!!!! feels like i went from a honda to mercedes.

so if your deciding on newbury - really you cant go wrong. at this point i dont think i'll buy pakistani or any asian brand again.

ca_gold said:
cd - got the newbury today - the finish is fantastic. it is slightly bottom heavy - but in the pickup its negligible. i had a light nets with it today and the ball flies!!!! feels like i went from a honda to mercedes.

so if your deciding on newbury - really you cant go wrong. at this point i dont think i'll buy pakistani or any asian brand again.

Very nice.....I played with Newbury only once and loved it...ironically, the guy who owns it, broke it last week in a practice game.

Did you order it directly from England?

We have some one from mongoose registered as a new user - should be posting on this thread soon ...

xkalibur80 said:
Very nice.....I played with Newbury only once and loved it...ironically, the guy who owns it, broke it last week in a practice game.

Did you order it directly from England?

yes you have to be careful - but really it can only break for two reasons:

1) you guys play with absolute crap balls
2) the guy was taking a cross batted swipe with against a brand new ball - even this - i doubt would break the newbury.

i bought my bat through uzi sports - asad bhai is great actually i've gotten a bunch of stuff from him in the past - so i really like dealing with him - he's posted on this thread as well.

Hi CD bhai and other, hope all are well.

I know I have not had a chance to post often recently on thsi thread but would be grateful for some help and pointers as I am looking to buy:

set of pads and a helmet - being a little old school and having played without helmet so far as I found it uncomfortable and distracting etc.

I have currently CA 20/20 and Malik Sher Bubber SE - but I am not fusseda bout matching etc

Any suiggestions about which one to go for? In addition, any local UK reliable websites with quick delivery and competetive, good value for money prices?

Serendipity said:
Hi CD bhai and other, hope all are well.

I know I have not had a chance to post often recently on thsi thread but would be grateful for some help and pointers as I am looking to buy:

set of pads and a helmet - being a little old school and having played without helmet so far as I found it uncomfortable and distracting etc.

I have currently CA 20/20 and Malik Sher Bubber SE - but I am not fusseda bout matching etc

Any suiggestions about which one to go for? In addition, any local UK reliable websites with quick delivery and competetive, good value for money prices?

best bet in the uk would be Asad bhai at Uzi Sports. You can email him directly and tell him that i referred you (he will know who Ca_gold from Toronto is). He will send you pics, recommend bats, give you the best price and ship very quickly.

http://www.uzisports.com/

the email address is on the site.

ca_gold said:
yes you have to be careful - but really it can only break for two reasons:

1) you guys play with absolute crap balls
2) the guy was taking a cross batted swipe with against a brand new ball - even this - i doubt would break the newbury.

i bought my bat through uzi sports - asad bhai is great actually i've gotten a bunch of stuff from him in the past - so i really like dealing with him - he's posted on this thread as well.

Yes, the balls are probably crap but he's had the bat for two seasons now. I have a feeling that he stored it in a damp place.

Salaam guys,

Does anyone have an AM Xcellent bat or come across one?

If so please could u tell me bit about it and how u rated it?

Thanks,
Umair

mcumy said:
Salaam guys,

Thanks,
Umair
Walikumasalam Warakmatulilahi Wabarakatuhu Umair Bhai,

Hope you are well!

I don't think anyone has used it but from what I have heard it is a great bat. In fact, its underrated bat.

Thats all I know about it

But if you have any question regarding other bats then please let me know

JazakALLAH Khair

Cover Drive said:
Walikumasalam Warakmatulilahi Wabarakatuhu Umair Bhai,

Hope you are well!

I don't think anyone has used it but from what I have heard it is a great bat. In fact, its underrated bat.

Thats all I know about it

But if you have any question regarding other bats then please let me know

JazakALLAH Khair

Salam Cover Drive,
Do you think it's in the same league as CA, Ihsan, Malik and AS when it comes to Pakistani bats? I have also heard it is a very good bat. Hammad Azam uses it I think, I've also seen Misbah use it before.

Ali Raja said:
Salam Cover drive,
Do you think it's in the same league as CA, Ihsan, Malik and AS when it comes to Pakistani bats? I have also heard it is a very good bat. Hammad Azam uses it I think, I've also seen Misbah use it before.
Walikumasalam Warakmatulilahi Wabarakatuhu Ali Bhai,

Hope you are well!

Ohh yes it certainly is

Yup! Misbah used it in T20 WC (07) and Azam still uses it

Just out of curiosity which gloves did you go for?

Cover Drive said:
Walikumasalam Warakmatulilahi Wabarakatuhu Ali Bhai,

Hope you are well!

Ohh yes it certainly is

Yup! Misbah used it in T20 WC (07) and Azam still uses it

Just out of curiosity which gloves did you go for?

Someone here has to try it! :p

I haven't ordered any yet, the guy you told me about still hasn't replied. I think I will contact him again.

btw the AM guys are either cousins or brothers from the CA guys. its the same family. they had a split so they made their own companies. they are very good bats - with the same type of quality you would expect from CA's.

Ali Raja said:
Someone here has to try it! :p

I haven't ordered any yet, the guy you told me about still hasn't replied. I think I will contact him again.
I am pretty sure no one has tried (I am pretty sure Sherry Bhai (cricketer13) has seen it or maybe played with it)

If this the email address you are using?

info@sialkotshop.com

??

mcumy said:
Salaam guys,

Thanks,
Umair

I bought it for a friend and played with it. Its one hell of a bat. Amazing ping and light pickup. I would say its in the same league as CA,MB, AS and Ihsan. The only reason that its cheap because of low marketing budget.

hi ppl...
dont wana go thru the whole 30 pages..is anyone a wicket keeper here??and what keeping gloves u recommend??
im using SF Platinum

Attachments

• SFPlatinum_WkKeep_Big.jpg
    SFPlatinum_WkKeep_Big.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 130
Mate the best thing is to post a question doesn't matter if it has been asked or not. Since going thru 30 pages is not convenience for you guys so I will accept repetitive question.

Anyways, coming back to your question that I am not wicketkeeper however, I have heard that SF spfts such as gloves are made of good quality.

Maybe you can shed some light on them ?

Cover Drive said:
Mate the best thing is to post a question doesn't matter if it has been asked or not. Since going thru 30 pages is not convenience for you guys so I will accept repetitive question.

Anyways, coming back to your question that I am not wicketkeeper however, I have heard that SF spfts such as gloves are made of good quality.

Maybe you can shed some light on them ?

thanx mate..

when the gloves were new and hard...they wrnt comfortable at all and i was having trouble gathering the ball against the spinners specially...but after 3-4 matches when they got soft and a bit used,,perfect id say...better thn GM(i had b4)..

pads & gloves= CA plus (im a CA fan)
bats= CA hi-hit,,,CA t20 pro,,,ihsan king (old skool),,,,and a plain bat..

il post some pix when i get home..:)

Not bad yaar. CA makes really good gears. In fact, I like CA as well and have CA gears as well

Pictures would be good :)

I am new to the forum but have been an observer for a while now, I dont know much about bats but here are a few pics of what I use here in england for my club side...

Attachments

• phpCQ8Pj1PM.jpg
    phpCQ8Pj1PM.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 71
  • phpNiVvXfPM.jpg
    phpNiVvXfPM.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 63
  • phpkVCOP6PM.jpg
    phpkVCOP6PM.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Asalamalakium Warakamtulilahi Wabarakatuhu Brother.

Welcome to PP! Hope you enjoy your stay here!

Hope you are well!

Brother those pictures are not working at all

JazakALLAH Khair

Yup they are working now!

everything looks great mate. I love those pads!

The bats are great as well! Seems like Sher Amin is a recently purchased it looks good.

Once again great kit mate

InshALLAH you will do really with this kit :)

thanks mate, yes sher amin was recently purchased, it just needs some oil and a clear sheet before i knock it in some more.

the pads are really light thats why I chose them

BoomBoomAli said:
thanks mate, yes sher amin was recently purchased, it just needs some oil and a clear sheet before i knock it in some more.

the pads are really light thats why I chose them

How is CA white gold as compare to your other bats?

Rizwan25 said:
How is CA white gold as compare to your other bats?

the white gold isnt for slogging it is really effective for pushing and nerdling into gaps and also for driving and cutting, it has a good middle but doesnt ping as much as the sher amin.

the other malik is one ive used for 5 years, i have taken real good care of it and absolutely love it.

Cover Drive said:
ohokay.

I meant which range bag is it? 707, 80-8 etc

just found out it says 808 premier on the bag, its a few years old but i paid for the quality and the wheels still work.

Last edited:
Cover Drive said:
I am pretty sure no one has tried (I am pretty sure Sherry Bhai (cricketer13) has seen it or maybe played with it)

If this the email address you are using?

info@sialkotshop.com

??

I used the 'contact us' option on his site. I will send him from my mail now.

BoomBoomAli said:
just found out it says 808 premier on the bag, its a few years old but i paid for the quality and the wheels still work.
The bag looks really nice though.

Once again nice kit mate :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back