Rajasthan [226/6] beat Punjab [223/3] by 4 wickets in Match 9 of IPL 2020

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
What to expect: We saw what the small boundaries in Sharjah resulted in over 400 runs scored in the opening game here. Sanju Samson exploited the straight boundaries with as many as nine sixes. Dew will play a factor, however, given the slowness of the wickets, teams may have to rethink their strategies.

Squads:

Kings XI Punjab Squad: Mayank Agarwal, Lokesh Rahul(w/c), Nicholas Pooran, Glenn Maxwell, Karun Nair, Sarfaraz Khan, James Neesham, Murugan Ashwin, Ravi Bishnoi, Mohammed Shami, Sheldon Cottrell, Chris Gayle, Mandeep Singh, Chris Jordan, Krishnappa Gowtham, Deepak Hooda, Hardus Viljoen, Jagadeesha Suchith, Ishan Porel, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Tajinder Singh, Darshan Nalkande, Arshdeep Singh, Simran Singh, Harpreet Brar

Rajasthan Royals Squad: Yashasvi Jaiswal, Jos Buttler, Steven Smith(c), Sanju Samson(w), Robin Uthappa, Rahul Tewatia, Riyan Parag, Tom Curran, Jofra Archer, Shreyas Gopal, Jaydev Unadkat, David Miller, Varun Aaron, Aniruddha Joshi, Manan Vohra, Ankit Rajpoot, Andrew Tye, Shashank Singh, Mahipal Lomror, Oshane Thomas, Mayank Markande, Anuj Rawat, Kartik Tyagi, Akash Singh

Rajasthan Royals opt to bowl

Kings XI Punjab (Playing XI): Mayank Agarwal, Lokesh Rahul(w/c), Nicholas Pooran, Glenn Maxwell, Karun Nair, Sarfaraz Khan, James Neesham, Murugan Ashwin, Ravi Bishnoi, Mohammed Shami, Sheldon Cottrell

Rajasthan Royals (Playing XI): Jos Buttler, Steven Smith(c), Sanju Samson(w), Robin Uthappa, Rahul Tewatia, Riyan Parag, Tom Curran, Jofra Archer, Shreyas Gopal, Jaydev Unadkat, Ankit Rajpoot

Would have been interesting to see Gayle being given a go in this small ground...Rahul, Mayank, Maxwell, Buttler, Samson, Smith should be handful though

I feel sorry for all of us fans.

ankit rajpoot and a dud cannon fodder like unadkant should not be playing ipl or cricket in general with their 119 pace.

I can bowl 119 in my state league cricket for God sake..

I feel sorry for all of us fans.

ankit rajpoot and a dud cannon fodder like unadkant should not be playing ipl or cricket in general with their 119 pace.

I can bowl 119 in my state league cricket for God sake..

Good u r accepting the truth......without Archer Curran Hazelwood Cummins all IPL franchises have a nothing pace attack....

More ridiculous thing is Nagarkoti is not given a full quota

Actually Tewatia Rajpoot and Undakat are competing who can leak more runs

Good u r accepting the truth......without Archer Curran Hazelwood Cummins all IPL franchises have a nothing pace attack....

More ridiculous thing is Nagarkoti is not given a full quota

I apologize on behalf of all cricket fans. I don't know how these duds get picked. india have far better talents. They must be having good connections or perhaps rich families to support them.

I apologize on behalf of all cricket fans. I don't know how these duds get picked. india have far better talents. They must be having good connections or perhaps rich families to support them.

Money angle can't be denied after Jaiswal was dropped

Undakat with his slower bouncer slower offcuter slower wide delivery ......I mean it will be foolish 4 batsman to play him thinking as a pacer

120 after 11 overs

Punjab looking set for an explosive finish here , with all wickets in hand.

Undakat with his slower bouncer slower offcuter slower wide delivery ......I mean it will be foolish 4 batsman to play him thinking as a pacer

loool his pathetic attempt at a bouncer. It's pitiful. give him some chappatti with aloo and gobi. boy is starving. It will help him bowl 125 atleast.

Sharjah is high scoring venue like Chinnaswamy stadium Bangalore. Butler can chase down this total.

Sharjah is high scoring venue like Chinnaswamy stadium Bangalore. Butler can chase down this total.

Well avg first innings score in Sharjah in PSL is 161.. nd Highest score is 200...

Psl seriously had some mediocre batsman that couldn't even hit sixes in this small ground..

Well avg first innings score in Sharjah in PSL is 161.. nd Highest score is 200...

Psl seriously had some mediocre batsman that couldn't even hit sixes in this small ground..

Or may be some tough bowlers .........hmm

This Mayank Agarwal is a beast.

Already a test superstar with his performances in the longer format.

Indian selectors has to find a way to pick him in ODIs/ T20s

Link ?

Psl badly miss undakant, rajpoot and few others .Though india batting quality is top notch

This Mayank Agarwal is a beast.

Already a test superstar with his performances in the longer format.

Indian selectors has to find a way to pick him in ODIs/ T20s

No place for him.......it's already crowded.....infact if anyone deserves a chance it's Samson

Link ?

Psl badly miss undakant, rajpoot and few others .Though india batting quality is top notch

True that..... but also missed likes of Archer, Cummins, Stark, Boult, Rabada..... why don't you add that ..... oh wait

KXIP 223/2 (20) CRR: 11.15
Innings Break

Highest totals vs RR in IPL
246/5 CSK Chennai 2010
223/2 KXIP Sharjah 2020*
221/3 KXIP Mohali 2008

Punjab’s batting lineup is scary - still had Niar, Neesham & Sarfraz.

These two teams today & Mumbai - are my favourites to make the play-offs; other one is probably Delhi.

These two teams today & Mumbai - are my favourites to make the play-offs; other one is probably Delhi.

With Cotrel and Shami, we also have put together a good fast bowling pair

Not the best but a decent-good bowling line up for Punjab.

Our batting is legit badass this season.

RR bowling is rubbish except Archer.. now Smith hits a six..

Virat Kohli should learn how to chase from Steve Smith.

Samson is key here , if he stays in for 3 - 4 more overs , RR will be in better position.

Freakish stuff from Pooran. One I doubt anyone can topple that ever.

Freakish stuff from Pooran. One I doubt anyone can topple that ever.

Ei74NtWVoAEpQbx

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/gtxdft" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

UN REAL

I heard the word bolloc**g live on TV

Who is this joke commentator?

Tewatia really carrying the flag of the greatest cricketing league for Indians here

Tewatia reminding me of Yuvraj's knock in 2014 T20 WC finals.

Very suspicious batting this.

The guy needs to dance down the track and get out if he can’t connect

Greatest league in the world.

Tewatia 5 off 14

He's probably looking to draw. Something can only happen in the gold standard league. Good to see international failure Samson highlighting the ATG bowling standards of IPL.

What a match losing knock. Robin Uthappa must be cursing him.

This guys batting has made me Wanna punch his face into oblivion he’s the same guy with the cringey celebration

OMG number 4 batsmen refused a single

Best league in the world

Samson is legendary player man amazing to watch once he’s given a proper go in the Indian side the world will see something they’ve never seen before

Samson is legendary player man amazing to watch once he’s given a proper go in the Indian side the world will see something they’ve never seen before

Legendary player averaged 9 against Zimbabwe with an awful domestic record.

Jonty behaving like this is the NBA

Why wouldn’t you bounce around when your making free money for 6 weeks

He's probably looking to draw. Something can only happen in the gold standard league. Good to see international failure Samson highlighting the ATG bowling standards of IPL.

International failure? How many matches Sanju played for India?

Back