India (173/4) defeat Afghanistan (172) by 6 wickets, securing a decisive 2-0 lead in the three-match series

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
India will look to seal the 3-match T20I series against Afghanistan when they take them on in the second match today on Sunday at Indore. In the last match, Shivam Dube’s heroics helped them defeat a buoyant Afghan outfit who are bereft of their premier off-spinner Rashid Khan.

After losing the opener by six wickets, Afghanistan will be desperate to bounce back in the second T20I against India. The previous game was expected to be a high-scoring affair, considering the batting-friendly nature of the wicket in Mohali. However, the Afghan department looked quite pale in the first innings and managed to produce only 158 runs in 20 overs, losing five wickets along the way.

India lost the wicket of captain Rohit Sharma early in the chase. Shubman Gill and Tilak Verma were also dismissed during the first ten overs. While Afghanistan were seemingly creeping back into the contest, the Indian middle-order duo of Shivam Dube and Jitesh Sharma turned the tables with their power hitting. As India secured the victory in the 17th over, Dube remained unbeaten on 60 and Sharma fell before crossing the finishing line on 26 runs. Rinku Singh also supported with a 16-run cameo, which comprised two boundaries.

1705206031714.png
Squads:

Afghanistan
Squad: Rahmanullah Gurbaz(w), Ibrahim Zadran(c), Azmatullah Omarzai, Rahmat Shah, Mohammad Nabi, Najibullah Zadran, Karim Janat, Gulbadin Naib, Fazalhaq Farooqi, Naveen-ul-Haq, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Hazratullah Zazai, Fareed Ahmad Malik, Sharafuddin Ashraf, Ikram Alikhil, Qais Ahmad, Noor Ahmad, Mohammad Saleem Safi

India Squad: Rohit Sharma(c), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Shivam Dube, Jitesh Sharma(w), Rinku Singh, Axar Patel, Washington Sundar, Ravi Bishnoi, Arshdeep Singh, Mukesh Kumar, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Sanju Samson, Tilak Varma, Kuldeep Yadav, Avesh Khan

=======

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

Kabul, 21st November 2023: Afghanistan Cricket Board confirms that the Afghanistan National Cricket Team will tour India for a three-match T20I series in early January 2024. The three T20I matches are scheduled for the 11th, 14th & 17th of January.

The first of the three-match T20I series is scheduled for the 11th of January in Mohali, followed by the second and third matches on January 14th and 17th in Indore and Bengaluru, respectively.

While Afghanistan and India have crossed paths in various ACC and ICC events, this series marks the first time these nations will engage in a multi-match white-ball series.

Afghanistan recently visited India for the ICC Men's Cricket World Cup 2023, where they secured the 6th position on the points table after registering memorable victories against England, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and Bangladesh.

9wJ8Vqi.png

Source: ACB
Afghanistan tour of India 2024
2nd T20 Match Preview and prediction
Which team are you supporting
??

TOSS UPDATE: India won the toss and opted to bowl first against Afghanistan in Indore

flattest pitch in India - small ground - 9 off 1st - par would be min 180

Flying start for afghanistan .
20/0 (2)
They need 200 runs to have any chance of winning at this ground

This is basically full strength Indian team against Afghanistan A side without Rashid Khan.

Imagine the humiliation if we lose a game here :ROFLMAO:

This is basically full strength Indian team against Afghanistan A side without Rashid Khan.

Bumrah, Shami, Siraj, Surya, Kuldeep, Jadeja are not first team players? By the way, is Pant fit yet?

Yes but bot agreed with full strength. But we can chase 200 on this ground
Sky
Pandya
Bumrah
Siraj

Bumrah, Shami, Siraj, Surya, Kuldeep, Jadeja are not first team players? By the way, is Pant fit yet?

Pant is not fit yet. Even if he gets fit, he is not sure starter in white ball team. Remember, he was dropped from ODI & T20 team for BD tour just before his accident.

He is only sure starter in test cricket but considering Rahul Dravid's love for KL Rahul even that is at stake.

Hardik Pandya's career at stake if Dube ji performs. Few good matches from him and Rohit will ensure Pandya's stays out of the team ;)

Hardik Pandya's career at stake if Dube ji performs. Few good matches from him and Rohit will ensure Pandya's stays out of the team ;)
Assuming everyone's fit, what do you assume Indian first XI will look like?

I assume Rohit, Gill, Kohli, Surya, Pandya, Bumrah, Siraj, Shami will surely be in the XI

Typical India, lions in bilaterals, sheep in big matches. Same boat as the 90s and 2000s South African teams.

Arshdeep's fruitful over has brought down his bowling average below 21

Expect India to chase this within 17 overs on this batting paradise.

Assuming everyone's fit, what do you assume Indian first XI will look like?

I assume Rohit, Gill, Kohli, Surya, Pandya, Bumrah, Siraj, Shami will surely be in the XI

This will be Dravid's playing XI in world T20. What we fans want is irrelevant.

Rohit(c)
Jaiswal/Gill
Kohli
KL (w)
SKY
Pandya
Jadeja
Kuldeep
Bishnoi
Siraj
Bumrah

Afghanistan is around 30 runs short from par score in this venue. With dew setting in and no Rashid Khan, this should be easy chase for India.

How good is Dube, I've never seen him before.. He should just tuk tuk his way to 50 to preserve his place in the side

Back