Removal of Sheikh Hasina from Bangladesh, takeaways and opportunities for Pakistan

Why can't non-Indians talk about India? Don't Indians talk about matters of other countries? LOL.
And why can't Indians come and defend when non-Indians talk about India? Don't non-Indians have other countries to talk about then?

Visuals of Mujeeb statue being pissed and covered with shoe garlands is absolute insult, surely there must be something BTS, compare it in other parts of SC no sane person will do this ever to Quaid or Mahatma, whatever the circumstances

In regional language we say this is them showing their auqaat

Worst was them harassing zoo animals. What utter idiots

I will nominate this for POTW award. So heartening to read and I am ashamed that Pakistanis lack the conviction, grit and determination showed by the Bangladeshis when faced with very similar challenges and injustices in Pakistan.

My guess is that Pakistanis gradually became dossile as the sikhs and pakhtuns at both ends of their borders kept them in constant fear.

400-500 years ago ancient Pakistanis which were at that time ancient Mahabharatiyas were the most brave people who stood as shield in front of all invaders.

1. Yes, I know that the people of Bangladesh threw out Hasina. I am a Bangladeshi myself :).
  2. The US may have had an interest in removing Hasina, but it was a spontaneous movement. Hasina had the opportunity to solve it easily by accepting the demand for quota reform (which she eventually did, but after hundreds of people were killed). It was her ego and stubbornness that caused her downfall. There was zero threat to her reign even three weeks ago.
  3. No, the army did not bring her down. The army top brass were loyal to her. The current army chief is her cousin's husband. Other important posts, like the head of DGFI, were all occupied by people extremely loyal to her. In fact, even after she fled, those generals wanted to stage a coup in favor of AL.
  4. Yes, some goons are killing/attacking minorities—that is true. As a Bangladeshi Muslim, I am extremely ashamed of it. This is not the first time this has happened. But I want to add two things:a) It is not just the minorities; miscreants are taking advantage of the absence of police (who are fighting for their own survival) to commit all sorts of looting and crimes. My friend's father, a Muslim with no affiliation to AL, saw his resort vandalized completely yesterday by some miscreants in a border town.b) The student leaders are trying to mobilize their network to guard the minorities, especially their places of worship. This gives me some hope because, for the first time, many members of the majority are actively coming to the aid of minorities (in previous occasions, they have been guilty of mostly remaining silent).
  5. Yes, more than 150 people have been killed. In most cases, this has happened because some groups attacked police and AL members. Police, fearing for their survival, tried to shoot them down. Most of the deaths have resulted from vengeance (mob killing law enforcement members or law enforcement killing members of the mob to save themselves). Again, this is extremely unfortunate. But you have to remember that the police indiscriminately killed many innocent people in the last two weeks—so the level of hatred some people have developed for them is unfathomable and is resulting in medieval barbarism.
  6. The students are not directing those peaceful celebrations. They have been repeatedly making pleas for restraint, no acts of revenge, and preserving property. But it is not possible for them to control the actions of miscreants everywhere. Most general people, who were jubilant after Hasina's fall, are very frustrated and sad with the anarchy. Everyone is hoping that the interim government will be able to bring order to the country.
On a different note, I am seeing a lot of skepticism in this thread about the success of this revolution. I think that skepticism is justified. The students are trying their best to ensure that the success does not get hijacked by the BNP Jamaat goons. For most general people, there is absolutely no difference between AL and BNP, and they are afraid that they have thrown out one devil only to be replaced by another hungry devil who didn't have any opportunity to steal in the last 15 years.

So in the near future, this revolution may end up being a failure. However, there will be one enduring success of this revolution for sure—that is, the people of Bangladesh have regained their confidence that, no matter how powerful the tyrant, they still have the power to throw them out if they can come together. Sometimes the cost may be very high, like it was this time in terms of the number of people killed, but ultimately people will prevail.
That is a very nice and sensible sounding overview. Thanks!

An interesting question though, is if not the Awami League or the BNP/Jamaat, then who?

Which other party is popular? Will the Army fill in the power vacuum?

My guess is that Pakistanis gradually became dossile as the sikhs and pakhtuns at both ends of their borders kept them in constant fear.

400-500 years ago ancient Pakistanis which were at that time ancient Mahabharatiyas were the most brave people who stood as shield in front of all invaders.
Maybe Modi ji should come over for a visit and remind us poor Pakistanis of our wonderful inspiring brave history and origins so we can topple our tyrants. In fact, maybe Modi ji should come over with a machine gun and do it for us since we are no good anymore. We will pay in the form of Siri paye and ***** biryani

Maybe Modi ji should come over for a visit and remind us poor Pakistanis of our wonderful inspiring brave history and origins so we can topple our tyrants. In fact, maybe Modi ji should come over with a machine gun and do it for us since we are no good anymore. We will pay in the form of Siri paye and ***** biryani
If Imran Khan could not wake you up, no one else can.

Pakistanis are still semi bharatiyas, that is why they are stuck between two stools. Afghans committed majorly to fundamentalist Islam and thus there is no confusion for them. Sikhs have been defanged and dispersed and remnants in India wear their religion like reversible coats basically. Bit of sikhism here, bit of hinduism there.

Pakistanis are still semi bharatiyas, that is why they are stuck between two stools. Afghans committed majorly to fundamentalist Islam and thus there is no confusion for them. Sikhs have been defanged and dispersed and remnants in India wear their religion like reversible coats basically. Bit of sikhism here, bit of hinduism there.
Pakistanis case is different from the rest because of the route they took after 1947. All the nations are currently where they are because of how they charted their paths. Pakistan... unfortunately put all their eggs in the USA and the military establishment basket. It resulted in losing half the country, fighting other peoples wars, creating and dealing with extremism and terrorism, drugs, weapons, all sorts of other evils. We are very much to blame for our current situation. Bangladeshis have proven you can be a young Muslim nation with dynastic political dictatorship backed by all institutions and yet you can fight back against them and achieve success.

I dream for the day Mahabharat will be restored to its full ancient glory and everyone from Kashmir to Kanyakumari, Kandhar to Itanagar will stand together as one people.

I dream for the day Mahabharat will be restored to its full ancient glory and everyone from Kashmir to Kanyakumari, Kandhar to Itanagar will stand together as one people.

Wasn't ancient glory built on a hierarchy based on a caste system?

Well hadn't a muslim ruler done it before? Anyways Pakistan people miss the plot on May 9 last year

Pakistanis case is different from the rest because of the route they took after 1947. All the nations are currently where they are because of how they charted their paths. Pakistan... unfortunately put all their eggs in the USA and the military establishment basket. It resulted in losing half the country, fighting other peoples wars, creating and dealing with extremism and terrorism, drugs, weapons, all sorts of other evils. We are very much to blame for our current situation. Bangladeshis have proven you can be a young Muslim nation with dynastic political dictatorship backed by all institutions and yet you can fight back against them and achieve success.

Bhai no offense but you’re becoming a fanboy for this thug movement in Bangladesh. Pakistan despite its problems is a different level as a country and people. You made your mistakes and you’re suffering from them you’re right about that but you don’t have to go the Bangladesh way. They have embarrassed themselves at the global stages as an awaaam and not merely as a nation. People like Bisciot bhai and many other prominent posters who hold Bengali culture in high regard as ashamed by what they are seeing and don’t want their Bengali identity be tarnished like this.

Wasn't ancient glory built on a hierarchy based on a caste system?

Caste system had its pros and cons.
It’s a totally different debate.

Hinduism is about fulfilling your kartavya for the greater good.

Well hadn't a muslim ruler done it before? Anyways Pakistan people miss the plot on May 9 last year

The history of Mahabharata is of independent kingdoms ruled by different people across different eras.

People tend to categorize all Muslim rulers as one but within them also there were different tribes in different eras controlling different parts of Ancient Mahabadata.

History of this land is way more interesting than even that of Mediterranean countries.

Caste system had its pros and cons.
It’s a totally different debate.

Hinduism is about fulfilling your kartavya for the greater good.
The con was the punishment or even killing of lower castes by higher castes. This mentality has not left the Indian subcontinent, despite changes in religion. Bangladesh is a perfect example of this.

The history of Mahabharata is of independent kingdoms ruled by different people across different eras.

People tend to categorize all Muslim rulers as one but within them also there were different tribes in different eras controlling different parts of Ancient Mahabadata.

History of this land is way more interesting than even that of Mediterranean countries.
Indians and their obsession with mahabarat lol... You need to take Akshai Chin back first.

The con was the punishment or even killing of lower castes by higher castes. This mentality has not left the Indian subcontinent, despite changes in religion. Bangladesh is a perfect example of this.

It’s a deeper debate which cannot be held here. I welcome it in the right thread.

Ancient Brahmins were truly wise people. Who are you to doubt them. What is your credential.

It’s a deeper debate which cannot be held here. I welcome it in the right thread.

Ancient Brahmins were truly wise people. Who are you to doubt them. What is your credential.

They were wise in securing their superiority over other castes within the same religion.

I am no one. :)

Bhai no offense but you’re becoming a fanboy for this thug movement in Bangladesh. Pakistan despite its problems is a different level as a country and people. You made your mistakes and you’re suffering from them you’re right about that but you don’t have to go the Bangladesh way. They have embarrassed themselves at the global stages as an awaaam and not merely as a nation. People like Bisciot bhai and many other prominent posters who hold Bengali culture in high regard as ashamed by what they are seeing and don’t want their Bengali identity be tarnished like this.
I must have missed the memo that it was required by law to adhere to the Bhaijaan doctorine. Lol

You can continue parroting the pro India narrative. BD is not going to be an Indian colony anymore and I support them fully for it.

Pakistan is that dashing younger brother who never listens and commits blunders and you have to be tough to them for their own good but deep down you always have an affection for your little brother because blood runs thicker than water.

I've said this before. The only reason why Indians come on this forum is because some Pakistani starts an anti-India post here almost every day.
Stop posting about India, and the Indians will go away.

I'm sure Pakistanis have plenty to talk about Pakistan. Why do you lot bring in India all the time?

Firstly, let's have one thing clear. I don't mind Indian posters here at all, I have a big heart :afridi

Secondly, the reason you have provided is lame. I don't run to a an Indian forum if they post some anti-pakistani articles there, I would not care at all.

Indians and many others (like myself) come here because this is a quality forum and well moderated and administrated. You don't see extreme name-calling here which you see on many other forums.

And if you see tv-channels from Pakistan, there is hardly any news about India there, maybe sometimes related to Kahshmir, but if you go to some indian channels like Republic tv (which is the favourite channel of many posters here) you hear Pakistan bashed all the time. Arnab and Gourav Arya can not sleep well if they don't bash Pakistan.

Even if you try to behave like a jealous soutan in every post, at least try to state the facts. Are there not more punjabis in Pakistan than in India? And are there not more pakhtuns in Pakistan than in Afghanistan? Phir darna kiss say?

Even if you try to behave like a jealous soutan in every post, at least try to state the facts. Are there not more punjabis in Pakistan than in India? And are there not more pakhtuns in Pakistan than in Afghanistan? Phir darna kiss say?

There are more sikhs in Bharat bro.
And when it comes to Pakhtuns, we all now they get more and more ferocious the more you go west. Anyone it’s not a discussion I want to entertain. Showing off is against my principles.

I must honestly confess that since last decade i had come under the wrong impression that Bangladeshis were as an awaam more liberal, progressive and supportive towards minorities. I was no expert at politics in Bangladesh but a mix of Bangladesh being on the path of economic progress under a stable government of Sheikh Hasina and Pakistan going through its worst phase had influenced my judgement.

After the recent violent coup in Bangladesh in which the mobs desecrated their democratic institutions, acted like barbarians to even innocent animals and the way the jamati goons have targeted the hindus in Bangladesh with little to no genuine opposition from their military and liberal class, i am forced to rethink my opinion.

Pakistan has had its share of troubles.
Its made terrible mistakes in the past.
But they are a different class as an awaam and as a qaum. They would never do these things.

A Pakistan would go to war with Bharat and will give his life for the cause but a true Pakistani will never stoop to this level.

I remember when Tarek Farah used to say that Bengalis were looked down upon by both Bharatiya and Pakistanis. That Bharatiya army generals would have whiskey and gupp shupp with their Pakistani counterparts even while being at war with them and they would never bestow such hospitality to the Bengalis who were their partners. I now understand why. Bharatiyas and Pakistanis might wanna kill each other but we are cut from the same cloth we can’t hide that.

After all the wars, Imran Khan was always celebrated in Bharat as a hero. Its only after repeated regrettable events that we were forced to take a step back.

Can you please cite any sources for this?

There are more sikhs in Bharat bro.
And when it comes to Pakhtuns, we all now they get more and more ferocious the more you go west. Anyone it’s not a discussion I want to entertain. Showing off is against my principles.
Yes, we should all avoid that. Maybe you could give som lectures to the Ambanis on that.

The Foreign Office (FO) on Friday rejected all speculation in India about Pakistan being involved in the ouster of Bangladesh’s ex-premier Sheikh Hasina, terming it New Delhi’s “disturbing obsession” with Islamabad

The comments came after reports emerged from India accusing the Pakistan intelligence agencies for their alleged involvement in the collapse of Bangladesh’s government.

The Bangladeshi military initially took over the country after a student-led protest forced the country’s Hasina to flee. Later, an interim government was formed with Bangladesh’s Nobel Peace Prize-winning economist Muhammad Yunus sworn in as its head.

Reacting to the Indian media reports, FO spokesperson Mumtaz Zahra Baloch, during a weekly press briefing in Islamabad today, rejected all such statements, stressing that Pakistan had no involvement in the events that took place in Bangladesh.

“These statements depict India’s disturbing obsession with Pakistan,” Baloch said in response to a question.

She said that Indian political leaders and their media habitually blamed Pakistan for their failures in domestic and foreign policy.

The spokesperson added that Pakistan and Bangladesh had positive relations which had only continued to grow.

“The government and people of Pakistan have expressed their support and solidarity with the people of Bangladesh and we sincerely hope for a peaceful and swift return to normalcy,” Baloch said.

She went on to say that Pakistan was confident that the resilient spirit and unity of the Bangladeshi people would lead them towards a harmonious future.

Bangladesh riots

The student-led movement that ousted Hasina grew out of protests against quotas in government jobs that spiralled in July, provoking a violent crackdown that drew global criticism, although the government denied using excessive force.

Hasina, 76, who had been in power since 2009, quit on Monday as hundreds of thousands of people flooded the streets of Dhaka. Jubilant crowds later stormed and looted her palace.

Monday’s events were the culmination of more than a month of unrest, which began as protests against a plan for quotas in government jobs but morphed into an anti-Hasina movement.

Hasina, who was accused of rigging the January elections and widespread human rights abuses, deployed security forces to quash the protests.

At least 455 people were killed in the unrest, according to an AFP tally based on police, government officials, and hospital doctors.

Source: Dawn News

So that's why IK has hardened his stance, he's hoping for a Bangladesh like revolt.

It would be the best case scenario for PTI, but will it happen.

Former prime minister Sheikh Hasina and six others were accused in a murder case filed over the death of grocery shop owner Abu Sayeed in police firing in Dhaka's Mohammadpur area on July 19

The other accused are: Awami League General Secretary Obaidul Quader, Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan Kamal, former inspector general of police (IGP) Chowdhury Abdullah Al-Mamun, former DB chief Harun Or Rashid, former DMP commissioner Habibur Rahman and former DMP joint commissioner Biplob Kumar Sarker.

Google News LinkFor all latest news, follow The Daily Star's Google News channel.
Besides, several unnamed high police officials and government officials were also made accused in the case, advocate Md Mamun Miah confirmed it to The Daily Star.

This is first case filed against Sheikh Hasina after she resigned and fled to India on August 5.

Hasina falls, flees

Amir Hamza Shatil, a resident of Mohammadpur and a well-wisher of the victim, filed the case against Sheikh Hasina and others with the Court of Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Rajesh Chowdhury.

After scrutinising the documents submitted before the court, the judge asked the officer-in-charge of Mohammadpur Police Station to register the complaint as a First Information Report (FIR).

In his complaint, Shatil mentioned that Abu Sayeed was killed at 4:00pm on July 19 when police was shooting indiscriminately at students and common people during the quota protests.

Source: The Daily Star

Former prime minister Sheikh Hasina and six others were accused in a murder case filed over the death of grocery shop owner Abu Sayeed in police firing in Dhaka's Mohammadpur area on July 19

The other accused are: Awami League General Secretary Obaidul Quader, Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan Kamal, former inspector general of police (IGP) Chowdhury Abdullah Al-Mamun, former DB chief Harun Or Rashid, former DMP commissioner Habibur Rahman and former DMP joint commissioner Biplob Kumar Sarker.

Google News LinkFor all latest news, follow The Daily Star's Google News channel.
Besides, several unnamed high police officials and government officials were also made accused in the case, advocate Md Mamun Miah confirmed it to The Daily Star.

This is first case filed against Sheikh Hasina after she resigned and fled to India on August 5.

Hasina falls, flees

Amir Hamza Shatil, a resident of Mohammadpur and a well-wisher of the victim, filed the case against Sheikh Hasina and others with the Court of Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Rajesh Chowdhury.

After scrutinising the documents submitted before the court, the judge asked the officer-in-charge of Mohammadpur Police Station to register the complaint as a First Information Report (FIR).

In his complaint, Shatil mentioned that Abu Sayeed was killed at 4:00pm on July 19 when police was shooting indiscriminately at students and common people during the quota protests.

Source: The Daily Star

Very good.

They should all pay prices for their 15-year long corruption and oppression.

So India was behind all this lobbyimg​

=====

India pressed U.S. to go easy on Bangladeshi leader before her ouster, officials say​

NEW DELHI — A year before she was deposed last week in a student uprising, Indian officials began to lobby their U.S. counterparts to stop pressuring Sheikh Hasina, the ironfisted prime minister of neighboring Bangladesh, according to U.S. and Indian officials.

U.S. diplomats had publicly harangued the 76-year-old Hasina for jailing thousands of her rivals and critics ahead of an election scheduled for last January. The Biden administration had sanctioned a Bangladeshi police unit under Hasina’s command accused of carrying out extrajudicial abductions and killings and had threatened imposing visa restrictions on Bangladeshis who undermined democracy or committed human rights abuses.

But in a series of meetings, Indian officials demanded that the United States tone down its pro-democracy rhetoric. If the opposition were allowed to gain power in an open election, Indian officials argued, Bangladesh would become a breeding ground for Islamist groups posing a threat to India’s national security.

“You approach it at the level of democracy, but for us, the issues are much, much more serious and existential,” said an Indian government adviser who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss the private talks. “There were a lot of conversations with the Americans where we said, ‘This is a core concern for us, and you can’t take us as a strategic partner unless we have some kind of strategic consensus.’”

Ultimately, the Biden administration substantially softened its criticism and shelved threats of further sanctions against Hasina’s government, disappointing many in Bangladesh. U.S. officials say it was a calculated decision that had little to do with Indian pressure. Many details of the bilateral discussions and U.S. deliberations have not been reported previously.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi, with his Bangladeshi counterpart, Sheikh Hasina, meet in New Delhi in June.

Now, after protesters defied the army’s curfew orders and marched on Hasina’s official residence, compelling her to flee to India, policymakers in both New Delhi and Washington are forced to confront whether they mishandled Bangladesh.

Source: The Washington Post

So India was behind all this lobbyimg​

=====

India pressed U.S. to go easy on Bangladeshi leader before her ouster, officials say​

NEW DELHI — A year before she was deposed last week in a student uprising, Indian officials began to lobby their U.S. counterparts to stop pressuring Sheikh Hasina, the ironfisted prime minister of neighboring Bangladesh, according to U.S. and Indian officials.

U.S. diplomats had publicly harangued the 76-year-old Hasina for jailing thousands of her rivals and critics ahead of an election scheduled for last January. The Biden administration had sanctioned a Bangladeshi police unit under Hasina’s command accused of carrying out extrajudicial abductions and killings and had threatened imposing visa restrictions on Bangladeshis who undermined democracy or committed human rights abuses.

But in a series of meetings, Indian officials demanded that the United States tone down its pro-democracy rhetoric. If the opposition were allowed to gain power in an open election, Indian officials argued, Bangladesh would become a breeding ground for Islamist groups posing a threat to India’s national security.

“You approach it at the level of democracy, but for us, the issues are much, much more serious and existential,” said an Indian government adviser who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss the private talks. “There were a lot of conversations with the Americans where we said, ‘This is a core concern for us, and you can’t take us as a strategic partner unless we have some kind of strategic consensus.’”

Ultimately, the Biden administration substantially softened its criticism and shelved threats of further sanctions against Hasina’s government, disappointing many in Bangladesh. U.S. officials say it was a calculated decision that had little to do with Indian pressure. Many details of the bilateral discussions and U.S. deliberations have not been reported previously.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi, with his Bangladeshi counterpart, Sheikh Hasina, meet in New Delhi in June.

Now, after protesters defied the army’s curfew orders and marched on Hasina’s official residence, compelling her to flee to India, policymakers in both New Delhi and Washington are forced to confront whether they mishandled Bangladesh.

Source: The Washington Post

Why does India think it has the right to control who gets elected in Bangladesh?

It is for Bangladeshi people to decide who gets to be the leader.

‘What goes around comes around': PM Shehbaz on Sheikh Mujib's statue demolition​

Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif on Wednesday pointed out the demolition of Bangladesh founder Sheikh Mujibur Rahman’s statues during recent protests, saying that the individual who led the movement against Pakistan was now facing consequences.

"What goes around comes around", the premier said while addressing the National Youth Convention in Islamabad.

Infuriated people vandalised several statues, pictures and murals of Sheikh Mujibur Rahman following an end to Sheikh Hasina-led government who fled to India on board a military helicopter along with her sister.

The Hasina government collapsed on the back of riots — one of the worst in the country's history of 50-odd years. Almost 300 people were killed and thousands of others injured in the recent violence that started in early July.

The protesters launched their rallies last month, demanding the government abolish civil service job quotas. However, the large-scale demonstrations escalated into the worst unrest of Hasina's 15-year rule, with protesters later calling on the 76-year-old to step down.

Speaking about other domestic matters, PM Shehbaz said that Pakistan had sacrificed thousands of lives in its fight against terrorism besides suffering an economic loss of $150 billion. "Not just Pakistan, the whole world has benefited from the elimination of terrorism by Pakistan," he added.

The convention was attended by federal ministers, Chief of the Army Staff (COAS) General Syed Asim Munir, Chairman of the Higher Education Commission, teachers, vice-chancellors and students from across the country.

Calling the 1973 Constitution a binding force for the nation, he said Pakistani nation also showed unity when the country carried out the nuclear tests in 1998 to make its defence impregnable, setting aside the serious challenges.

He said that besides the common citizens, the security forces played their fullest role in purging the country of terrorism, which the nation would always remember.

Coming to the economic challenges, the prime minister said the government was compelled to privatise the Pakistan International Airline (PIA) which once used to be a model for other airlines in the region. "Similarly, South Korea copied Pakistan’s five-year development plan and boosted its economy while Pakistan still lagged behind".

"We have to decide whether the business will go as usual or we will move forward," he remarked.

He assured that despite the challenges of electricity, revenue receipts and exports, the government would dole out maximum funds for youth empowerment and recalled the PML-government’s pro-youth steps in the past including the merit-based distribution of laptops, establishment of Punjab Education Endowment Fund to distribute scholarships worth Rs22 billion, and numerous schemes for skill development.

He further said that youth empowerment and the united efforts by the politicians and the national institutions were inevitable to put the country on the course to progress.

The premier said it was the government’s responsibility to equip the youth with modern education, technology and skills to enable them to change the country’s fate and bring about a “revolution” of progress and prosperity.

PM Shehbaz said the country’s youth had immense potential as for the last three years, Pakistani students were among the top achievers of the foreign scholarships.

Urging the youth to go into the small and medium enterprises (SMEs), he said the State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) has been asked to instruct the commercial banks to allocate 40% of their loans for the sector.

He also referred to the federal government’s Rs50 billion relief package for electricity consumers using up to 200 units for a three-month period. He said the Punjab government has also announced a Rs45 billion package to give Rs14 per unit subsidy to the consumers using 200-500 units which should also be copied by other provinces, instead of politicking on the matter.

"If we resolve to change Pakistan, it will not be too far when the country will emerge as a great nation. Today’s Pakistan and its prevailing circumstances necessitate politicians and national institutions to serve the country unitedly while observing their constitutional limits. If we do so, history will remember us forever otherwise the future generations will never forgive us," he added.

Why does India think it has the right to control who gets elected in Bangladesh?

It is for Bangladeshi people to decide who gets to be the leader.

Bring the bigger brother, we have this responsibility.

Bring the bigger brother, we have this responsibility.
No we don't mate.
No country has the right to interfere in another's sovereignty.
And unlike Pakistan, the government of Bangladesh has never directly promoted any militancy in India other than that one time when Khaleda Zia's government provided shelter to some Naga and Assamese militant groups. It was all sorted out very quickly at the diplomatic level.
If India sees a threat from Bangladesh-based Islamic militancy, it should reinforce the border, strengthen its defences and intelligence network, and put diplomatic pressure on the Bangladesh government, not interfere in their politics.

Although I'm happy that Sheikh Hasina is safe, India now has a tough act in Bangladesh for the near future. Hopefully a reliable government that is elected by the people will come to power there, which will work with India to re-establish good relations.

No we don't mate.
No country has the right to interfere in another's sovereignty.
And unlike Pakistan, the government of Bangladesh has never directly promoted any militancy in India other than that one time when Khaleda Zia's government provided shelter to some Naga and Assamese militant groups. It was all sorted out very quickly at the diplomatic level.
If India sees a threat from Bangladesh-based Islamic militancy, it should reinforce the border, strengthen its defences and intelligence network, and put diplomatic pressure on the Bangladesh government, not interfere in their politics.

Although I'm happy that Sheikh Hasina is safe, India now has a tough act in Bangladesh for the near future. Hopefully a reliable government that is elected by the people will come to power there, which will work with India to re-establish good relations.

Dharma doesn’t teach us to close our eyes when our brothers and friends need us the most. Especially elders have a huge to play in the upbringing of the younger generations. In our culture we call it paalan-poshan which is a loving way for an elder custodian and a guardian angel to see through the growth of the young.

India can no longer complain about other states harbouring terrorists.

They are harbouring someone that has more blood on their hands than OBL and the Khalistanis they get angry about.

India directly helped this fugitive flee and are spending state resources keeping her in luxurious conditions.

Indias image has been massively dented by the romance between the Old man Modi and wicked Witch Hasina.

India can no longer complain about other states harbouring terrorists.

They are harbouring someone that has more blood on their hands than OBL and the Khalistanis they get angry about.

India directly helped this fugitive flee and are spending state resources keeping her in luxurious conditions.

Indias image has been massively dented by the romance between the Old man Modi and wicked Witch Hasina.

Indeed.

Hasina and her party looted Billions of Dollars from Bangladesh along with murdering thousands of people/oppositions. She also committed treason by being an obedient puppet of India.

Awami League was Bangladesh's Nazi Party and I hope this evil will never return again in Bangladesh.

India should return Hasina back to BD so that she can be prosecuted.

Time reset relations in a better manner
====
Pakistan and Bangladesh on Friday agreed that there was a need to work closely for the progress and prosperity of the people of both countries, the prime minister’s office said in a press release

Pakistan’s government had earlier, through a statement on Aug 7, expressed solidarity with the people of Bangladesh after the fall of Hasina Wajid’s government amid widespread protests.

Hasina’s 15-year rule saw widespread human rights abuses, including the mass detention and extrajudicial killings of her political opponents.

She was replaced by Nobel laureate Yunus, who is heading an interim government facing the monumental task of charting democratic reforms ahead of expected new elections.

Last week, Prime Minister (PM) Shehbaz Sharif reached out to the interim government of Bangladesh, extending an offer of aid to address the catastrophic impacts of recent flooding.

In a telephone conversation between the Chief Adviser of Bangladesh Muhammad Yunus and PM Shehbaz today, the two leaders agreed that greater regional cooperation could play a vital role in uplifting the lives of South Asian people.

“While congratulating him on his new role, lauded his contribution towards socio-economic development of his country and expressed my heartfelt sympathies over the devastating recent floods in Bangladesh,” the PM wrote on the X platform.

He expressed sympathies over the devastation caused by the recent floods in Bangladesh, the statement from his office added.

The prime minister underscored the importance of revitalising bilateral relations through enhanced cooperation in different domains.

Noting the historical, religious, and cultural bonds between Pakistan and Bangladesh, the prime minister also expressed a keen desire to boost commercial relations, cultural exchanges, and people-to-people contacts.

Relations between Pakistan and Bangladesh largely remained strained during Hasina Wajid’s tenure, marked by historical grievances stemming from the 1971 war. Additionally, the punishments meted out to figures associated with that period by her government have been a continuous source of tension.

The change in Dhaka is being seen as an opportunity for Pakistan to reengage with the important South Asian country.

Indeed.

Hasina and her party looted Billions of Dollars from Bangladesh along with murdering thousands of people/oppositions. She also committed treason by being an obedient puppet of India.

Awami League was Bangladesh's Nazi Party and I hope this evil will never return again in Bangladesh.

India should return Hasina back to BD so that she can be prosecuted.
Didn’t you go on record to say Bangladeshis should forget violence of 1971.. why do you care about this one?

And yes my opinion is Hasina should be extradited to BD and pay for her crimes , my opinion on Pak Army cruelty in Bd also same.

Dr. Yunus is an economist who won a Noble Peace Prize. He is a qualified person to run the country.

I would rather have him run this country than a crook from BNP. Never want to see Awami League again and they are hopefully out of the equation permanently.

Dr. Yunus should ensure all the crooks from Awami League are arrested/jailed/executed. He can maybe form a new party and I expect people to vote for him.

Dr. Yunus is an economist who won a Noble Peace Prize. He is a qualified person to run the country.

I would rather have him run this country than a crook from BNP. Never want to see Awami League again and they are hopefully out of the equation permanently.

Dr. Yunus should ensure all the crooks from Awami League are arrested/jailed/executed. He can maybe form a new party and I expect people to vote for him.
You didn't respond to above post # 525. Can you care to respond to it?

Didn’t you go on record to say Bangladeshis should forget violence of 1971.. why do you care about this one?

And yes my opinion is Hasina should be extradited to BD and pay for her crimes , my opinion on Pak Army cruelty in Bd also same.

There will be no fair trial in Bangladesh and on that ground, it is the duty of Bharat to protect its friend Sheikh Haseena under whose reign we had much better relationships with Bangladesh. To give her up would mean we do not honour friendships.

Bharat will give up Sheikh Haseena once Bangladesh govt has given justice to all the Hindus who suffered at the hands of Islamists during the riots.

When all those who desecrated our temples are hanged till death.

Last edited by a moderator:
Time reset relations in a better manner
====
Pakistan and Bangladesh on Friday agreed that there was a need to work closely for the progress and prosperity of the people of both countries, the prime minister’s office said in a press release

Pakistan’s government had earlier, through a statement on Aug 7, expressed solidarity with the people of Bangladesh after the fall of Hasina Wajid’s government amid widespread protests.

Hasina’s 15-year rule saw widespread human rights abuses, including the mass detention and extrajudicial killings of her political opponents.

She was replaced by Nobel laureate Yunus, who is heading an interim government facing the monumental task of charting democratic reforms ahead of expected new elections.

Last week, Prime Minister (PM) Shehbaz Sharif reached out to the interim government of Bangladesh, extending an offer of aid to address the catastrophic impacts of recent flooding.

In a telephone conversation between the Chief Adviser of Bangladesh Muhammad Yunus and PM Shehbaz today, the two leaders agreed that greater regional cooperation could play a vital role in uplifting the lives of South Asian people.

“While congratulating him on his new role, lauded his contribution towards socio-economic development of his country and expressed my heartfelt sympathies over the devastating recent floods in Bangladesh,” the PM wrote on the X platform.

He expressed sympathies over the devastation caused by the recent floods in Bangladesh, the statement from his office added.

The prime minister underscored the importance of revitalising bilateral relations through enhanced cooperation in different domains.

Noting the historical, religious, and cultural bonds between Pakistan and Bangladesh, the prime minister also expressed a keen desire to boost commercial relations, cultural exchanges, and people-to-people contacts.

Relations between Pakistan and Bangladesh largely remained strained during Hasina Wajid’s tenure, marked by historical grievances stemming from the 1971 war. Additionally, the punishments meted out to figures associated with that period by her government have been a continuous source of tension.

The change in Dhaka is being seen as an opportunity for Pakistan to reengage with the important South Asian country.

Bangladesh are going to the IMF for $3 billion loan and their external debt to GDP is rising just like Pakistan's.

Who better than Pakistan to guide them than Pakistan?

Bangladesh are going to the IMF for $3 billion loan and their external debt to GDP is rising just like Pakistan's.

Who better than Pakistan to guide them than Pakistan?

Seems like Bangladesh begging export economy might see similar exponential growth.

The salty tears from Indians are still going on and on.

Some Indians seem to think they can tell Bangladesh what to do.

They think all Bangladeshis would lick their feet like that puppet known as Sheikh Hasina.

Bangladesh is currently being run by a Noble Prize winning economist. Not some illiterate chaiwala.

They think all Bangladeshis would lick their feet like that puppet known as Sheikh Hasina.

Bangladesh is currently being run by a Noble Prize winning economist. Not some illiterate chaiwala.

Tell all this to those who are lining up outside Indian visa offices to get a visa.

You will have to say sorry 100 times before being considered for Visa.

Ind should send Hasina to Ban or to any other country if she wants to claim asylum. Should not keep her for a long time. Maybe send her to saudi like Sharif. I'm still surprised as to why the Ban army even allowed her to leave in the first place? How was that possible? Why did she get a safe passage to Ind? Surely something more is going on. But Ind should extradite her to Ban- the sooner the better

The salty tears from Indians are still going on and on.
Exactly the line used for Indian posters when Taliban took over, results are for everyone to see.

Indian intelligence takes everything as matter of fact and reality and works from there, time will tell how it ends up.

Pakistanis were doing bhangra about Bangladesh last month, they just took their smiles away from them. :yk

No evidence of killing lower castes en mass ever. Just a few incidents here and there. That too the killings are between Dalits and Backward castes and Shudras. There were no genocides against Dalits and Tribals. Even today Dalits and Tribals form the single largest block. A huge vote bank that no party can ignore.

The only bad thing that was done for Dalits by upper caste is the discrimination. Not allowing them in temples and keeping them out of the areas where Brahmins, Baniya, Kshatriyas and Shudras lived. They were only allowed to do menial jobs and that too they had to announce themselves that they are coming so that the purity of the 4 castes was not affected.

No Pak posters are happy for BD, atleast that’s what they are saying.

May future PAK posters get such happiness consistently.
Will take cricket defeat over foreign policy defeat any day of the week.

Almost a month has passed since that evil Indian puppet (known as Sheikh Hasina) has been ousted.

It has been a wonderful month since then.

This is Bangladesh 2.0 in sha Allah. Naya Bangladesh.

Will take cricket defeat over foreign policy defeat any day of the week.

Indeed.

Cricket is nothing really. Mostly lifeless Indians go nuts over it.

Ousting of Sheikh Hasina should be supported by all decent people considering what she has done (killing thousands of innocent people and looting Billions).

Indeed.

Cricket is nothing really. Mostly lifeless Indians go nuts over it.

Ousting of Sheikh Hasina should be supported by all decent people considering what she has done (killing thousands of innocent people and looting Billions).
I love cricket , lifeless Indian , I also have no issue with Hasina being thrown off. I have said it before I absolutely despise Dynasty politics whether its Congress Awami or Jay shah or even some dimwit Canadian PM.

Bangladesh is becoming very pro-Pakistan now. Hope some business opportunities opens up :bobs

‘She has to keep quiet…’: Chief advisor Yunus on Sheikh Hasina's remarks on Bangladesh from India​

Chief advisor to interim Bangladesh government Muhammad Yunus said Thursday, September 5, that Sheikh Hasina, who he said was making comments on the country while sitting in India, has to “keep quiet". “No one likes that she's speaking while sitting in India," Muhammad Yunus said.

Sheikh Hasina resigned as the prime minister after violent students'-led protests over reservation peaked in the country. She fled to India after thousands of protesters stormed into her residence in a dramatic turn of events.

Speaking with news agency PTI, Muhammad Yunus said, “If India wants to keep her until the time Bangladesh [the government] wants her back, the condition would be that she has to keep quiet."

"She is there in India, and at times, she is talking, which is problematic. Had she been quiet, we would have forgotten it; people would have also forgotten it as she would have been in her own world. But sitting in India, she is speaking and giving instructions. No one likes it," Yunus said.

Sheikh Hasina has remained in India, her former government's biggest patron and benefactor, since her August 5 overthrow, inflaming tensions between the two South Asian neighbours.

She gave a public statement the week after her arrival calling for Bangladeshis to gather in Dhaka to mark the 1975 assassination of her father, independence hero Sheikh Mujibur Rahman. Sheikh Hasina's comments were seen as a provocative effort to galvanise members of her Awami League party and undermine law and order in the fragile first days after Yunus took office.

Source: live Mint

‘She has to keep quiet…’: Chief advisor Yunus on Sheikh Hasina's remarks on Bangladesh from India​

Chief advisor to interim Bangladesh government Muhammad Yunus said Thursday, September 5, that Sheikh Hasina, who he said was making comments on the country while sitting in India, has to “keep quiet". “No one likes that she's speaking while sitting in India," Muhammad Yunus said.

Sheikh Hasina resigned as the prime minister after violent students'-led protests over reservation peaked in the country. She fled to India after thousands of protesters stormed into her residence in a dramatic turn of events.

Speaking with news agency PTI, Muhammad Yunus said, “If India wants to keep her until the time Bangladesh [the government] wants her back, the condition would be that she has to keep quiet."

"She is there in India, and at times, she is talking, which is problematic. Had she been quiet, we would have forgotten it; people would have also forgotten it as she would have been in her own world. But sitting in India, she is speaking and giving instructions. No one likes it," Yunus said.

Sheikh Hasina has remained in India, her former government's biggest patron and benefactor, since her August 5 overthrow, inflaming tensions between the two South Asian neighbours.

She gave a public statement the week after her arrival calling for Bangladeshis to gather in Dhaka to mark the 1975 assassination of her father, independence hero Sheikh Mujibur Rahman. Sheikh Hasina's comments were seen as a provocative effort to galvanise members of her Awami League party and undermine law and order in the fragile first days after Yunus took office.

He is a nobody. Has no leverage over India. He should keep these conditions to himself.

I love cricket , lifeless Indian , I also have no issue with Hasina being thrown off. I have said it before I absolutely despise Dynasty politics whether its Congress Awami or Jay shah or even some dimwit Canadian PM.

This is the new Bangladesh he enjoys.

I seriously hope the government here throws out every Bangladeshi from India.

The visas are already closed.

Dr. Yunus is right.

Hasina should shut her fat mouth.

India should return her to Bangladesh so that she can be held accountable for her crimes.

He is a nobody. Has no leverage over India. He should keep these conditions to himself.

Dr. Yunus is a Noble Prize winning economist.

Hasina is a nobody. Modi is an illiterate chaiwala who is slowly getting his country isolated in the region.

No comparison.

Bangladesh 2.0 is free from Indian interference. Alhamdulillah. No more Indian puppet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dr. Yunus is a Noble Prize winning economist.

Hasina is a nobody. Modi is an illiterate chaiwala who is slowly getting his country isolated in the region.

No comparison.

Yunus is a nobody, he has no leverage over India. Modi has more influence compared to any Bangladeshi leader.

I’m sure these things always happened in BD, it’s just getting highlighted now.

Hasina or no Hasina BD has been like that, and if they want to rule they should do it how they want.

You speak the same language as them and maybe that’s why you care more about Bangla Hindus overall..which is understandable but honestly they made a choice to be there..

Back