Rohit (131), Jadeja (110*) tons take India to 326/5 at stumps on Day 1 against England

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read somewhere that Iyer may not get another test to play for India. BCCI has enough of his struggles in the longest format.
Guys like iyer and Rahul should be dumped permanently. India have better players than them. Proven failures.

I dont know who does selections but they might need to consult a psychiatrist for some rubbish selections

Sarfaraz was batting superbly, he must be given a long run as he showed he is a class apart to the likes of Rahul, Iyer, Gill, Patidar or SKY in test cricket. He will be challenged more in overseas conditions though.

A golden chance wasted by Eng here. 30 for 3 and now 300 for 5.

Still not out of the game, but the Indians have scored too many runs after being 3 down. Jadeja again bails India out with his batting. Gun all rounder.

He had couple of good domestic season that's why..
But atleast they should prefer players who have got technique as we are not playing bazball anytime soon.Of all the people dravid does not seems to have clarity for god sake

Only Jadeja and his buddies should be bothered about his century! We know he cannot be relied in serious situations & expected for serious contribution... Jadeja is a kind of guy who will never raise to 6 neither falls to 3... He fits well into a team like CSK in IPL because rest of the teams are less mentally tough in IPL... But in International Team he will cause problems to team like India who have to fight hard against SENA in overseas tests and against Australia in ICC knockouts... He will probably find a better role to play in a team like Australia (who needs a finger spinner and late order batsman in some matches)
You can say that about others but not about Jadeja, he delivers in trickiest conditions most of the time..

How the heck India reached 33/3 on this wicket. I have never seen India freakishly losing wickets on a docile wicket. Yea there are some instance where little bit of movement can make seamers effective first 2 hours or so. One instance where India was all out for 83 runs. Dioin Nash took 5 wickets on a good batting wicket. Second Innings India 503/3. Match drawn. Sachin 100 in the 2nd.

How the heck India reached 33/3 on this wicket. I have never seen India freakishly losing wickets on a docile wicket. Yea there are some instance where little bit of movement can make seamers effective first 2 hours or so. One instance where India was all out for 83 runs. Dioin Nash took 5 wickets on a good batting wicket. Second Innings India 503/3. Match drawn. Sachin 100 in the 2nd.
It looks like a flat pitch and draw seems a likely result here.

India will win. Enough assistance on this pitch for them day 3 onwards
Not sure about assistance in this venue. I may be wrong but I think Eng and Ind match was here in the past and both teams scored 500 plus and the result came only due to the freak collapse of Eng in the last few hours. My recollection of this venue is super flat pitch for 5 days. Hope it has changed.

Not sure about assistance in this venue. I may be wrong but I think Eng and Ind match was here in the past and both teams scored 500 plus and the result came only due to the freak collapse of Eng in the last few hours. My recollection of this venue is super flat pitch for 5 days. Hope it has changed.
Scorecard from the last time India played against England at Rajkot.

GGOdtEhX0AA1t5x

Scorecard from the last time India played against England at Rajkot.

GGOdtEhX0AA1t5x
It seems I am recalling some other match where Eng lost despite scoring 500 runs due to a freak collapse in the last few hours of the match.

Guys like iyer and Rahul should be dumped permanently. India have better players than them. Proven failures.

I dont know who does selections but they might need to consult a psychiatrist for some rubbish selections
Sarfraraz is a quality batsman. Was under tremendous pressure. Forget the pitch- pressure does strange things to you. And to deliver in that cauldron takes quality. Something that klrahul can never do. Sarfraraz should be given a long rope in the ind test squad. And his intent too. Scoring at run a ball and in your debut test. It's not easy. Keep this bloke in 👍

Also the milestone syndrome with jadeja. He sold sarfraraz down the river. This is the issue with personal selfish milestones.
You become a team with a bunch of self-obsessed losers who put personal milestones over the Team. No wonder they choke every time it matters in the icc events. Need more guys like rinku sarfraraz vs guys like klrahul, jadeja (in odis and t20s ).

Gill is a mental midget and does not seem to handle pressure well. He will continue to get exposed outside of his off stump until he fixes his footwork issue. He just plays with his hands instead of getting near the ball by moving his feet. His play may suit ODI's and T20's where no one cares much about technique. But in Test matches, that will be his downfall.

India has made horrendous simple mistakes at crucial times in this series. INdia lost a winnable first test due to that. Now we have to wait and see how costly that run out is going to be. I sense it is going to be massive. Bowlers were at the mercy of batsmen. In quest of a milestone India surrendered a wicket on a platter. This is highly unprofessional and selfish approach. Given that this is Jadeja not at all surprising. He has a history of running players out.

Gill is a mental midget and does not seem to handle pressure well.

Nah, it's not just a mental thing anymore. He was struggling technically to cope on the flattest of track he'd ever play on. He's regressed deeply technically. Urgently needs time out.

India has made horrendous simple mistakes at crucial times in this series. INdia lost a winnable first test due to that. Now we have to wait and see how costly that run out is going to be. I sense it is going to be massive. Bowlers were at the mercy of batsmen. In quest of a milestone India surrendered a wicket on a platter. This is highly unprofessional and selfish approach. Given that this is Jadeja not at all surprising. He has a history of running players out.
Jadeja has always been selfish when approaching milestones.

The biggest mistake I feel is dropping Axar/Sundar for 2 pace bowlers on this dead wicket. Bumrah was enough on this pitch. After 1st Test, it was evident that Siraj is not of much use on these slow turners.

Axar and Sundar can bat very well in these conditions. India is going to lose 75 runs just for dropping a spin all rounder.

Nah, it's not just a mental thing anymore. He was struggling technically to cope on the flattest of track he'd ever play on. He's regressed deeply technically. Urgently needs time out.
His technique is bad. But many great players compensated for it with their sheer determination. Gill does not have the mental capacity to grind it out either.

There's bad technique and there's technique SO bad you cannot play straight up and down bowling on flat Indian surface.

Very different gravy.

Jadeja has always been selfish when approaching milestones.

The biggest mistake I feel is dropping Axar/Sundar for 2 pace bowlers on this dead wicket. Bumrah was enough on this pitch. After 1st Test, it was evident that Siraj is not of much use on these slow turners.

Axar and Sundar can bat very well in these conditions. India is going to lose 75 runs just for dropping a spin all rounder.

Yeah, those two spinners can contribute 30-40 consistently but it really imbalances your side going with 4 spinners + 1 pacer.

Draw is not necessary here. England score runs fast so you can expect them to score 400 and get bowled out in 90 overs only. I suspect the start of 2nd inning on Day 3 only even though England would have put up a strong total.

England need to put up a big score if they are to avoid a defeat in this Test.

This is batting-friendly Rajkot. England should be aiming for 500 at least.

I could envisage a draw if England were batting first. That can create a scenario where India might be playing catch-up and eventually decide to bat out a draw.

But if England (as they are here) end up batting second/last, which they often prefer to do under McCullum and are concurrently building a decent record in run chases, then a draw becomes unlikely, because England will always go for the win even if the calculation makes this difficult.

If for example it’s 400 from 90 overs for England to win on Day 5 they will absolutely go all out for the victory, even if this takes the draw out of the equation and risks a loss. A few losses have already been priced into this style of play and McCullum / Stokes / Key are fully bought into it.

It seems I am recalling some other match where Eng lost despite scoring 500 runs due to a freak collapse in the last few hours of the match.
Sounds like the Karun Nair triple century match. England lost their last 6 wickets in the last session on a pitch that wasn't doing much. I can see something similar happening in this match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back