Rohit Sharma vs Umar Akmal

Square Drive

Test Star
Runs
Both have a knack of throwing their wickets away after playing so well. Both are talented.

Question is, who's better?

Let him get selected for windis tour mate

because one guy is playing as a opener and other chap is been drop from the team without any reason

if sharma can open why not umer

he can be as effictive as sharma is at the moment

Wait and watch the Akmal heads attack with their rocket launchers and AK 47s, lead from the front by Bullet Drive.

Both are certified brain-farters.

Although UA got an edge as he has played a couple of crucial match-winning knocks for Pak.

Jokes aside, I think Umar Akmal is clearly the better player.

No bias.

Thanks for the thread OP. Watch Sharma turn into a beast now.

Why has no one come up with a Umar Akmal v Umar Akmal or Kamran v Umar thread lol?

Let's see the trend of Umar Akmal comparisons on PP.

Umar vs Bradman
Umar vs Sachin
Umar vs Kohli
Umar vs Raina
Now,
Umar vs Rohit

What's next? Umar vs Farhat???? :murali

Both looks like VIV Richard for 1 delivery and thn clueless like Ahsraful the next ball...

I want a Umar Akmal v Hafeez or Umar Akmal vs Imran Farhat thread

Rohit is a far better talented player. thats the only difference I see between them. both have not performed well consistently so far in their career.

just noticed the SL flags of SD and WebGuru :))):)))

I love supporting weak teams and there are not many PPer's who are from lanka so i supported them as they are the dark horses for me no matter if they lose...It's not because i dont like india or hate them it's just because i always support the weak i do support NZ and WI too...

lol at this cars guy. if rohit is hack, then what do you call Umar?

I love supporting weak teams and there are not many PPer's who are from lanka so i supported them as they are the dark horses for me no matter if they lose...It's not because i dont like india or hate them it's just because i always support the weak i do support NZ and WI too...

supporting is fine,but changing flags?:moyo

supporting is fine,but changing flags?:moyo

It's a way to support there are always many people in the crowd during ind-pak matches who paint their face with both team flags...

Kohli vs Akmal...............that thread made Kohlis career take off like a smooth plane.
I guess time will tell where this thread takes Rohits career

Rohit wouldn't know what hit him after today, he's going to turn into a run machine.

Thanks SD. :msd

janab aap hamesha se aise hi bayan karte hain ki aaj kuch special occasion hai

apparently there was a thread for most immature poster on PP five yrs ago and cars was most voted.. hasn't grown up a single bit in all these yrs.. I tried finding it but was unable to...

1-1-1 > 0 0 3

Average of 30.69 >>>>> Average of 15.37

Farhat is literally TWICE the player Ronchi is. This just goes to show how awful Ronchi is.

Case closed.

OWNED :msd

Umar akmal should also Start Opening the inning like Rohit Thought
Umar akmal atleast is better than Rohit on Stats
Ave 38 S/R 85
Ranked 20 on ICC Odi Ranking
Umar akmal all the way

Umar akmal should also Start Opening the inning like Rohit Thought
Umar akmal atleast is better than Rohit on Stats
Ave 38 S/R 85
Ranked 20 on ICC Odi Ranking
Umar akmal all the way

I have been saying these he should open for us if sharma can akmal can aswell

Average of 30.69 >>>>> Average of 15.37

Farhat is literally TWICE the player Ronchi is. This just goes to show how awful Ronchi is.

Case closed.

OWNED :msd
At the end of the day its a team sport not an individual sport.. 1-1-1 > 0-0-3, there's no two ways about you can bring up as many pointless arguemnets with this and that it won't change the fact you came dead last :misbah

lol Akmals record is far superior in odis . Sharma hasnt played tests, akmal has played all but one innings in asia and during that time period had the highest average for a pakistani bat.

only in t20s does sharma take the apple

Last edited:

You should be a Pakistan supporter forever :junaid

Sharma? Who avges 22 in his last 12 odis and 31 overall?

Please!! Akmal all the way

Last edited:
Lost patience with Rohit now. He's got it all yet continues to fail. Plays with legends, is supported to play his natural game and is still failing. Has had so many chances. Been moved around the order but still failing.

Umar is a lot different. Averaging a lot more then Rohit. Best PAK batsman(stats wise) and he isn't allowed to play in his natural position.

Umar > Rohit.

Lost patience with Rohit now. He's got it all yet continues to fail. Plays with legends, is supported to play his natural game and is still failing. Has had so many chances. Been moved around the order but still failing.

Umar is a lot different. Averaging a lot more then Rohit. Best PAK batsman(stats wise) and he isn't allowed to play in his natural position.

Umar > Rohit.

your reaction is as if he got out today for single digit. he has been giving good starts throughout this tournament. I am sure Indian team management is happy with his progress. two fifties and two 20+ scores. not bad for a makeshift opener who just started this roll.

comparing him with Umar is an insult to Rohit's talent. If Umar was an Indian, he would have been in the bottom of the pile with Manoj Tiwari. Umar could not even find a spot in weakest batting lineup. Rohit finding a spot in the eleven of the best batting lineup itself should show how good he is.

your reaction is as if he got out today for single digit. he has been giving good starts throughout this tournament. I am sure Indian team management is happy with his progress. two fifties and two 20+ scores. not bad for a makeshift opener who just started this roll.

comparing him with Umar is an insult to Rohit's talent. If Umar was an Indian, he would have been in the bottom of the pile with Manoj Tiwari. Umar could not even find a spot in weakest batting lineup. Rohit finding a spot in the eleven of the best batting lineup itself should show how good he is.

An average of 30 (which is inflated by runs against Zimbabwe) after so many years shows what an overrated and garbage player he is. He is 26 now, not even a youngster.

He isn't even a poor man's Umar Akmal let alone more talented than him hahaha.

If Umar played for India or any other team, he'd be the best batsman in the world right now.

An average of 30 (which is inflated by runs against Zimbabwe) after so many years shows what an overrated and garbage player he is. He is 26 now, not even a youngster.

He isn't even a poor man's Umar Akmal let alone more talented than him hahaha.

Nobody said he has performed well. no point in talking about overall average. he has been up and down with his performance. still he has not cemented his place in Indian side yet. I am talking about his talent. For the past few months, he has been performing well. some of the shots he played today and this tournament, Umar can only dream about playing those shots. Umar is a cross batted slogger, period. Please dont even compare him with proper batsman like Rohit. Yes Rohit has not performed yet but talent wise he is the only youngster who is more talented than Kohli.

Last edited:
lol Rohit Sharma is a hack! He has hardly ever won a match for India. There is a big difference b/w the averages of both players.

Umar is a far far better player.

Yeah we saw how he thrashed those domestic teams. LOL. First let him find a place in the weakest batting lineup, then we will talk how good he is.

Currently Rohit is in No 1 Batting Lineup and perfroming whereas slogger is still out of the weakest batting lineup.

lol Rohit Sharma is a hack! He has hardly ever won a match for India. There is a big difference b/w the averages of both players.

so Rohit Sharma is a hack but not Umar Akmal. LOL. He was performing poorly for long, even weakest batting lineup fed up with him and finally threw him away.

so Rohit Sharma is a hack but not Umar Akmal. LOL. He was performing poorly for long, even weakest batting lineup fed up with him and finally threw him away.

u Akmal averages 38 while Rohit Sharma averages 31. There is no comparison really! 31= hack.

u Akmal averages 38 while Rohit Sharma averages 31. There is no comparison really! 31= hack.

your batting line up is filled with players averaging in 20s. what do you say on that?

again I am talking about talent here. as I mentioned above, rohit has not cemented his place yet. He has not been consistent so far in his career. but for the past 6 months or so, he has been improving. calling the most talented youngster currently hack is not fair.

Last edited:
your batting line up is filled with players averaging in 20s. what do you say on that?

again I am talking about talent here. as I mentioned above, rohit has not cemented his place yet. He has not been consistent so far in his career. but for the past 6 months or so, he has been improving. calling the most talented youngster currently hack is not fair.

Unlike you I don't go all bonkers over hacks, I call a spade a spade. Our batting is full of garbage players. Talent without performance is useless. you can keep cheering all you want but the truth is his stats are pretty average.

Last edited:
Umar's batting can't even land him a place in Pakistan lineup !!
He should be compared with the likes of Ashrafuls.

Nobody said he has performed well. no point in talking about overall average. he has been up and down with his performance. still he has not cemented his place in Indian side yet. I am talking about his talent. For the past few months, he has been performing well. some of the shots he played today and this tournament, Umar can only dream about playing those shots. Umar is a cross batted slogger, period. Please dont even compare him with proper batsman like Rohit. Yes Rohit has not performed yet but talent wise he is the only youngster who is more talented than Kohli.

When and where has he shown this huge amount of talent? If he can't prove end product what is the use of his unbelievable talent?
Go and watch Umar bat and not just highlights. I admit he throws his wickets away but he isn't a cross batted slogger at all. He is a very well rounded batsman. It isn't about playing beautiful shots. Even Hafeez plays some gorgeous shots but we all know what a useless batsman he is?

If Umar played for India or any other team, he'd be the best batsman in the world right now.

Lol huge huge overstatement.

He's a good young player but like always, you hype youngsters to the moon and overrate them. Not surprised.

Last edited:
Back