South Africa v Australia | 2nd Test | Durban | 6-10 Mar 09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smith takes a nasty blow to the hand.

Receiving treatment - looks in real pain.

And it get gets worse for Saffers...

Graeme Smith leaves the field - Retired Hurt

SA: 3-2

8 wkts fallen today for 52 runs!

AB de Villiers lbw b Hilfenhaus 3 (8b 0x4 0x6) SR: 37.50 & one more go! SAF in trouble here

BTW, Smith will be out for 2-3 weeks for a broken little finger. That means he won't be playing the remaining series.

johnson is world class who saw kallis that was tarrible and the sommentators are comparing him with wasim akram but this seesion mitcchel johson was the man just awsome bowling he didnt bowl anything what I thought was wrong

Whoa, Johnson take a bow what a vicious spell :O.. On an off topic Damien FLeming now comparing Duminy to Ganguly and saying he needs to pull a Melbourne 100...

MJ is getting the S.A off the wicket one way or another hes either getting them out or injuring them lol!

Hes had a brilliant 1st test and is doing the same here. Duminy needs to keep S.A inns together here and hope Kallis comes back.

An exciting days cricket after S.A fought back with the ball.

This just in - Jacques Kallis has had x-rays on his jaw and they've given him a clean bill of health. He's likely to resume his innings at the fall of the next wicket

SA 97-4 after 39 overs - trail by 255 runs

Mcdonald sends harris and the returning Kallis packing!

S.A 6 down, possibly 7 if Smith doesnt bat again. Aussies could be set for a big lead here!

Australia will be looking to rip through the tail pretty quickly here!

Amjid Javed said:
Mcdonald sends harris and the returning Kallis packing!

S.A 6 down, possibly 7 if Smith doesnt bat again. Aussies could be set for a big lead here!
Smith has a broken little finger and will need 2-3 weeks to recover. He'll surely be missing the remainder of the series.

BoomBoomAfridi said:
It's raining wickets! SA getting destroyed by McDonald's medium pacers!

:))) :))) :)))
An't it strange ? Ian Chappell was fearing 3-0 white wash for Australia, and instead what's happened.

Bublu Bhuyan said:
An't it strange ? Ian Chappell was fearing 3-0 white wash for Australia, and instead what's happened.
True but question is so far, how much has it been down to Aussie brilliance or SA's no-show?

Mcdonalds 3 wicket spell has knocked stuffing out of Saffies here!

S.A 118/7 follow on still possible, i cant see Aussies forcing it though.

I dont see South Africa getting out before they get those runs for the follow-on, Australia will bat again

BoomBoomAfridi said:
True but question is so far, how much has it been down to Aussie brilliance or SA's no-show?

I think South Africa was not mediocre. They played as well as they could.

Yes saving the follow on is immaterial, with it only being the second day, Australia would prefer to bat and give the bowlers a rest.

Ashwell Prince in for Graeme smith in the next test and ABCDevilliers to open?

Duminy showing his class and plenty of Guts here for S.A

Its a shame rest of team havent shown same application.

safe of course, unless Daryl Harper is the third umpire :D, had switched over to the Eng WI match.

I can see Aussies gaining a big lead here, then been bowled out cheapily and S.A having a good tilt at the final total in 4th inns.

Extras up to 22 now, Alot of byes and leg byes been given away here!

Amjid Javed said:
I can see Aussies gaining a big lead here, then been bowled out cheapily and S.A having a good tilt at the final total in 4th inns.
DeJa Vu from the first test

Australia need to break this partnership early tomorrow. Game is almost as balanced as the 2nd test played in last series, Thats when duminy scored a brilliant ton and some how S.A won the game!

Amjid Javed said:
Australia need to break this partnership early tomorrow. Game is almost as balanced as the 2nd test played in last series, Thats when duminy scored a brilliant ton and some how S.A won the game!

Difference is Kingsmead is not as flat as the one they played in Australia. It definitely has something in it. Steyn has to be wary while fending the balls that rise from good length. Almost all seamers get bounce out of this track from a good length spot. It could be dangerous if you don't fend properly. Last thing they need is a broken finger for their strike bowler.

Australian demise?...............please. Looking at our fast bolwing attack now, I can safely say that an attack comprised of Johnson, Hilfenhaus and Siddle is one of the best (if not the best) attack in the world. To add to that we have Lee and Clark waiting in the wings, so I would love to think of the damage we can inflict with those 5 to pick from. No. 1 spot, here we come.

So much for South Africa being the best team in the world. They have once again proved that they are genuine............ch....cho..........ch....chok........................chokers.

MoNkEy said:
Where's saffer?

Beating his wife :)

A study in South Africa on wife beating found that at one third of 'wife beatings' takes place after a husbands favourite team gets beaten.

After seeing Kallis bleeding I remembered Akthar's ball which made Kristen bleed

Informer said:
Beating his wife :)

A study in South Africa on wife beating found that at one third of 'wife beatings' takes place after a husbands favourite team gets beaten.
:))) :))) Not to disrespect Saffer, he is a good poster and a very good friend of mine, but I just found that bolded part of your post hilarious, LOL.

minhasuz said:
After seeing Kallis bleeding I remembered Akthar's ball which made Kristen bleed
That was far more devastating. It was terrible seeing Kirsten's picture which was taken hours after the incident.

Yeah the Akhtar ball was really bad, Kirsten got himself in a big tangle and was seriously hurt.

MJ continues his march. MJ>>>>>Zaheer Khan :D

We have the mental edge back now.

Random Aussie said:

I've been racking my brain all day thinking who has MJ been reminding me of, and of course it's Zaheer, only MJ was a little bit less intimidating.

Random Aussie said:
Yeah the Akhtar ball was really bad, Kirsten got himself in a big tangle and was seriously hurt.

I was not at all impressed with MJ till the tour to India was over. It was since then that he has really impressed me.

As a debutant, he was mighty impressive in the game against India in the DLF Cup in 2006. But since then, he was never that impressive. Currently, I'd rate him a wonderful prospect for Australia.

The Aussies should be proud of having Wasim Akram in their ranks.

Random Aussie said:

No amount of shouting will reach the ears of Akram :p. You can continue canvassing for MJ. Zak is our man :D always .

Savak said:
The Aussies should be proud of having Wasim Akram in their ranks.

Having a look at the highlights, that was some spell by MJ. Could have had a few more wickets.

He has now broken both of Graeme Smith's hands. :)

30 wickets in his last 5 tests. 89 wickets in 20 Tests with more bowling to come in this one. So he will probably get 100 wickets in his 21st or 22nd Test, only Dale Steyn of current bowlers ahead of him. What a turnaround, a year ago people were calling for his head.

Also while I am here, MJ>>>>Ishant Sharma these days.

Bublu Bhuyan said:
Well, to be fair to him he did use the words 'these days'.

These days Ishant is not playing in Tests. Not his fault lol. Ishant averaged 25 against England which was his last series. That was just banter. Ya MJ is on a roll. But Ishant has been bowling on flat pitches . India/Srilanka.

IronMan2009 said:
These days Ishant is not playing in Tests. Not his fault lol. Ishant averaged 25 against England which was his last series.
You too have a point ;-)

Just interesting to see how far MJ has come in the last 7 Tests.

At the time of the Border-FoamingAtTheMouthIdiot Trophy it would have been pretty laughable to compare Ishant to MJ, Ishant looked a far better and more promising bowler.

Ishant is still a very good and promising fast bowler but MJ has gone stratospheric.

Random Aussie said:

At the time of the Border-FoamingAtTheMouthIdiot Trophy it would have been pretty laughable to compare Ishant to MJ, Ishant looked a far better and more promising bowler.

Ishant is still a very good and promising fast bowler but MJ has gone stratospheric.

Yea.. he still needs to prove his "mettle" in subcontinent :D like Steyn did. He should be glad he is not touring Pakistan. Younis khan will score a triple century there ;)

IronMan2009 said:
These days Ishant is not playing in Tests. Not his fault lol. Ishant averaged 25 against England which was his last series. That was just banter. Ya MJ is on a roll. But Ishant has been bowling on flat pitches . India/Srilanka.

Ishant 15 Tests 44 wickets. MJ 20* Tests 89 wickets.

The case rests.

Random Aussie said:

MJ averaged about 34 with the ball after the BG trophy. It's been superb progress by him since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back