South Africa vs Australia | 2nd Test | Johannesburg | 17-21 Nov 2011

Less than 100 to win for Australia - can they do it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Velu - ^ Offtopic but the new South Park episode with Cartman's momma jokes was hilarious.

@A_R
^ haha .. "The poor kid" right :D
it was one of the best episode for me.. but jinn disagrees :(

@ Velu - ^ Haha yeah, one of the best South Park episodes, probably the best so far in this season.

Great debut by Cummins. That should be a challenging score to chase.

Meanwhile Saffers 339 all out ..
I still think SA will win

@A_R. Southpark extended for another 3 years in addition to previous 2. We can expect them for another 5 years. :)

Last edited:
Aussies set 310 to win. Tough task, expecting an RSA win.

P Cummins 6 for 79..

I guess Random Aussie was not happy with his inclusion :)))

But Copeland and Cummins should share the new ball and Mitch should be given a break. Aussie youngsta beauties looking good :waqar

I have a feeling Australia will chase this score, Ponting to score a ton :butt

I'm not going to call a winner, you never know with these two teams. Aus will need to chase down the highest score at this ground, but they might just do it.

@Jo _Don ^ Highest score at this ground, then I guess South Africa will win it. With Steyn's current form and Phillander backing him and not to mention Australia collapsing. But have to say Australia vs South Africa matches are pretty competitive, it should have been a 4 match series instead of 2. It's just sad.

Cummins in for Harris #%* me :facepalm:

I hope i am wrong but this is possibly the stupidest decision i have seen us make in past few years.
They had to had to pick Copeland to get some control.

He has played three games. The bowling conference will be funny, "so who wants the new ball? MJ? No? Siddle? No? Pat here you go! Watto you take the other end!"

One of the best anti-jinxes i had seen :))).

Well RR shouldn't be a proble, if Aussies bat enough overs they will win. Still it's gonna be a tough task.

watto :out

I thought Philander is a trundler. :facepalm:
Nice way to get watto, outswinger followed by inswinger.

Last edited:
I thought Philander is a trundler. :facepalm:
Nice way to get watto, outswinger followed by inswinger.
He was when he first started. Like Steyn, he was sent back to domestic cricket and has improved a lot. He's now developed into a proper (bowling) all-rounder, similar to Shaun Pollock.

2 wickets for Steyn to equal Lillee's record. and he almost gets Hughes first ball.

Hughes is playing like he will get out anytime.
The way he defends is Dhoni like. :)))

Sorry but Hughes is a terrible player. I don't care if he scores runs he's still terrible.

A stable 100 run partnership from here and Aus should win provided they dont do anything silly..

Philander gets his second. Gets Hughes out 3/4 times in this series.

Hughes you are AWFUL GET OUT OF THE AUSTRALIAN TEAM.

If SA win this game (which I'm praying they do), I pick up a nice 7 bet multi return of $600 on $15 at 1/40 :asif

Khawaja needs to prove his worth, Marsh scored a ton, Lyon took a 5fer, Cummins took a 5fer, Khawaja seems like the only non performing youngsta.

Ponting is looking worse than Tendulkar did when he had his slump.

Its 1.5/7.2 in favor of saffers.

No there are 6 other matches I bet on in a combined multi, which all came through. This is the last one, the decisive one. :moyo

No there are 6 other matches I bet on in a combined multi, which all came through. This is the last one, the decisive one. :moyo

okies.. All the best. :afridi
But can you close ur position now for 550 or something ??

signature pull from Ponting :bow:

Commentator ,"Ponting scores 12k test runs" :20:

Last edited:
Ten Sports switched from SA vs Aus to "Mohun Bagan vs East Bengal" , Live :20:

Edit:
Now i m forced to watch Pak vs SL

Last edited:
Solid partnership needed here, this partnership will be the defining moment I feel..

Off-topic:

Mohun Bagan vs East Bengal match in Salt Lake Stadium.
Stadium is hugeeeee, and almost full. Like 1L+ people i guess

Ponting's batting here or Afridi's batting i the other match, what to watch i am confused :Afridi

Tea

Ponting's got a good start. Needs to build on it.

Khawaja's batting doesn't look SC type at all. Aussie product he is :khawaja

Ravi: "Lifeless roads, 100 means 100, etc. Are these comments subtly indicating that Sachin's centuries are not worthy? Be warned that Sachin fans will rise and clog cricinfo servers." Eh, why so defensive, mate? Hasn't he scored all across the world? from cricinfo

Sachin fanatics :facepalm:

simon: "Ravi, this is Aus v South Africa, it's not all about Sachin. Nobody is ridiculing the guy, he's the greatest cricketer of the last 50 years. It's all about Punter at the moment, and even as a Kiwi living in the UK, for some reason i'd love him to do the business today." from cricinfo

Good reply by Simon

Khawaja's highest score is agianst South Africa now 39*. Keep up the good work boy.

Hope Ponting can do a Ponting here, It really is fitting fo a player of his caliber to win this match and than he should retire on a high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back