South Africa vs Australia | 2nd Test | Johannesburg | 17-21 Nov 2011

Less than 100 to win for Australia - can they do it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aus 130/2

Khawaja smashes steyn for a massive 6.

If he and pointing are there at close off play 20 overs to go we could have a very close game going into day 5.

Both batsmen need to stay in though!

Can ponting play one last great knock for the Aussies.

these two test matches have been excellent to watch!

50 for Punter, well done. Was under a lot of pressure :14:

This 50 > A lot of 100s he made in his career.

:bow: The fight is still there

Why on earth they don't use floodlights for at least 10 overs? It can't be that bad to see.

Can anyone guess how many overs are possible??
50+ overs might be enough for Aussies to chase down unless Saffers doesn't do any magic.

Can anyone guess how many overs are possible??
50+ overs might be enough for Aussies to chase down unless Saffers doesn't do any magic.

I don't see play going on past 5:00 pm due to bad light, and maybe a start half an hour after lunch at best. I'd say 3.5 hours play should be possible, hopefully, which means maybe 45 overs at modern over rate.

I call a draw.

We can't take a trick on this tour. Harris, Watson and Marsh injured, MJ bowling junk, Haddin has lost the plot, the umpiring has gone their way and now when we look like pinching it it rains.

We can't take a trick on this tour. Harris, Watson and Marsh injured, MJ bowling junk, Haddin has lost the plot, the umpiring has gone their way and now when we look like pinching it it rains.

I'll venture a prediction. Australia will be within 50 runs of the target with several wickets in hand, when the umpires decide the light is murky and end the match to Aussie dismay.

It will be very tough with the loss of a session and the likely inability to try and make some overs up at the end of the day because of the light. But I'm sure they will have a go. Losing 2-0 while trying to win is better than losing 1-0 because you were too chickenshlt to have a go is better IMO.

OfficialCSA Cricket South Africa
70 overs are scheduled to be bowled today.

Cricket South Africa
OfficialCSA Cricket South Africa
@shaunbo1 meant to start at 13:00

Apparantly 70 overs left in the day, 168 runs to win.

Thats a RR of 2.4

That shouldnt really be a problem.

I'm glad the rain came, so now i can watch it when i get back from college :)

Hopefully Punter scores a big one !

Seventy overs in theory but they will go off early for the light.

And South Africa are not going to bowl spinners to help us out.

We should have a go though, agree with OG.

Philander is bowling far more better than i expected. :19.

Philander must be watching Afridi, as he did the Afridi salute after that wicket. \o/

they need 2.5 runs an over....They're going for it...just very discreetly :misbah

they need 2.5 runs an over....They're going for it...just very discreetly :misbah
Every day's play has been cut short due to bad light, so Australia probably have 40 overs remaining not 58. In which case run rate required is around 3.6

Ponting may have done enough to secure his place for a little longer, but now it is Haddin who might be batting to save his career.

Time for a Langer/Gilly like rearguard? I think not :fawad

Mr. Cricket (aka Hussey) holds the key now for Oz. Conditions to bat look pretty tough and SA are clearly favorites here.

Just a matter of time IMO...hopefully Haddin is also chucked out with Punter.

Only a matter of time ... one more wicket and the game is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back