South Africa vs India | 1st Test | Day 3 Discussion | Johannesburg | 20/12/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steyn is getting predictable with his outswingers here.
Anyways good for India!

Got to be a bit more positive after lunch.

No point batting ffor time and ending up 100 all out.

Only a matter of time before Vijay gets himself out I reckon

If only India can go 40 overs with not more than 3 wickets down. These SA bowlers are not as lethal with the old ball.

I wish pujara scores big this innings he looked quite solid in the first inning

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

India on top here, Ishant has bowled very well on this pitch, he looked more dangerous than Dale Steyn :nehra

Phillander looks like the only bowler troubling India

Must admit I am surprised to see Morkel with an average close to 30 .... I always felt he was quite more lethal than that indicates

Morkel Injured
MATCH Over
Steyn-Philander has to bowl so so well Today to keep India in This match

If Morkel can't bowl then it's big advantage India

I think I should avoid praising anyone from now on ... talked good about two (dhawan and morkel) and something bad happened to both

We need to play ~100 overs , if we manage to do that we will post a winning target imo.

Good session for India

If India can bowl with three seamers than i think SA can as well

If Morkel is out of the game, then India have no reason to lose.

Means Smith will have to use Kallis/Tahir/Duminy more.

odds at lunch :
saf 2.10

ind 2.25

draw 8.50

if you were a betting person,where would you place your money ?

If India can bowl with three seamers than i think SA can as well

The difference is, SA had to bowl 104 overs in the 1st innings, India had to bowl only 75 overs ... thats quite a difference.....

The difference is, SA had to bowl 104 overs in the 1st innings, India had to bowl only 75 overs ... thats quite a difference.....

Well India would have continued with the seamers if SA were still batting

64 overs left to day & thunderstorm forecast on day 4 ,last session . Draw is still unlikely . If we bat out today & not lose more than 5 , we would be around 220 for 5 & in a position to compete .

odds at lunch :
saf 2.10

ind 2.25

draw 8.50

if you were a betting person,where would you place your money ?

Draw is impossible without the match getting washed out. 21 wickets gone and we are not even half way through day three.

Draw is impossible without the match getting washed out. 21 wickets gone and we are not even half way through day three.

that is what i think too . can saffers with just 2 1/2 pacers restrict us to under 250 ?

No Morkel = more :tahir and :kallis

Also, it's not really an insult when the other person has no idea what you're talking about :ibutt

You should learn it in school, it's the only noteworthy thing in the history of New Zealand :D

that is what i think too . can saffers with just 2 1/2 pacers restrict us to under 250 ?

If South Africa can afford to miss Morkel anywhere, it is here. Against an inexperienced batting line up and helpful conditions. With Philander snaking them at will.. But having said that, Morkel's injury is going to paralyse them a little

Just in:Morkel has been taken to hospital to have a scan.
May be major injury

Just in:Morkel has been taken to hospital to have a scan.
May be major injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back