South Africa vs Pakistan | 1st ODI | 19 Jan, 2019 | Port Elizabeth | South Africa innings Thread

Pakistani team :

Batting : About whoever we play, even if we play 11 batsmen it's going to at best an average batting team. The team we are playing is lets say below average.

Bowling: We still have some good ODI bowlers like Hasan Ali, Amir and the young Shaheen also looks to be a good ODI bowler. But we have opted to for Imad Wasim, Faheem Ashraf, Shinwari as new ball options.

We might have some big problems coming if we continue to not play a good bowling line up.

[MENTION=141847]NauV[/MENTION] - two spinners are playing because Port Elizabeth is one of the most spin friendly grounds in SAF. Also SAF haven't played spin well recently.

Young fast bowler should have good rest. No point destroying S Afridi with overload. When they have options and matches are of less importance.

I think this match is best chance for Pakistan to win anything in this tour. SA is trying to build a new batting line up. It's not a strong and deep lineup. Let's see if Pakistan can keep them below 240. Its hard for Pakistan to chase even a par score

Right, so Shenwari was bowling at 135+ kph consistently in T20s a few days back, and he is bowling 10 kph slower here? What's going on? :))

You're really underestimating Faheem.
He is a pretty decent bowler

I agree, he is a decent bowler!

But that is not my point . . he is playing as an all rounder . . and I have a serious problem with his batting skills . . and if he is playing as a bowler only . . then i am not convinced, he is one of the 3 best pacers in Pakistan . . Faheem can only play as a fourth bowler in the side in my opinion . . (which should be a batting all rounder)

In the world cup . . we need the 3 front line fast bowlers in the side! not faheem ashraf opening the bowling

I expect 280 score unless SA succumb to spinners. Disappointed no Shan and Afridi, though I think Shan may not be fast enough for ODI but good to stop collapses.

They're bowling against the wind, you don't need to be an astro physicist to understand that this will obviously reduce the speed of the bowlers.

I know that it reduces speed, but it doesn't decrease it by 25 Ks and you don't need to be an astro physicist to understand that.

Who wants to be a bowler when you have big bats,lightning fast outfields and useless cricket balls?Thankless job.

Who wants to be a bowler when you have big bats,lightning fast outfields and useless cricket balls?Thankless job.

Wait for Pakistani batsmen to make the SA attack look like we're playing in the bowling era of the 70s and 80s.

Shinwari has totally lost it.

Used to swing the ball in his early days.

Shenwari is quick, but his radar is off majority of the time. No surprises here. Either Amir or Shaheen have to play for some control.

Pollock doesn’t know that Shinwari can’t swing the ball back in. Doesn’t matter which end he bowls at.

Hopefully last match for shinwari. Bring back Aamir at least he beats the bat more often the batbeats his bowling.

Shinwari bowling decently but even the commies can see that Wet e bowling from the wrong end. Pathetic from Sarfraz.

U cant expect to win 3 duds in top 6(Imam Hafeez Sarfraz)
And 2 fake allrounders(faheem,Imad)
And 5'6" fast-bowlers who dont the ball an inch

Expect 5-0

He has to play everywhere Pakistan plays but even he cannot replace the God of cricket, Mohammad Hafeez. That would be blasphemy.

Yeah. Him and Rizwan are a must for PAK at the CWC. Rizwan has done well in List A and against Lions etc.

Uff it’s 2918 and we have two of the longest playing cricketers in the world in our team. It’s not like we are talking dhoni standard or something

Faheem’s bowling is a tribute to Ganguly and Mark Ealham.

Shinwari over Amir and Afridi, and not picking your most sound batsmen in these conditions. As usual poor decisions.

Back