South Africa vs Pakistan | 1st T20 | Johannesburg | 20-11-2013 | South Africa Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azlan Khan

T20I Debutant
Runs
South Africa Squad

F du Plessis*, HM Amla, H Davids, Q de Kock†, AB de Villiers, JP Duminy, Imran Tahir, R McLaren, DA Miller, M Morkel, WD Parnell, AM Phangiso, DW Steyn, LL Tsotsobe, D Wiese

Pakistan Squad

Misbah-ul-Haq*, Mohammad Hafeez*, Abdur Rehman, Ahmed Shehzad, Anwar Ali, Asad Shafiq, Bilawal Bhatti, Junaid Khan, Nasir Jamshed, Saeed Ajmal, Shahid Afridi, Sohaib Maqsood, Sohail Tanvir, Umar Akmal†, Umar Amin

Should be a good clash between two good sides once again!

Let's go Pakistan!

The weather is toying with us chaps, it's raining on and off so there will be lots of interruption at this rate. Hoping for a big storm so that it can remain clear for the rest of the evening.

The weather is toying with us chaps, it's raining on and off so there will be lots of interruption at this rate. Hoping for a big storm so that it can remain clear for the rest of the evening.

Only rain can save you today :shakib

This doesn't sound great :(

"And it's begun to rain, big time," Firdose says. "Massive thunder and lightning. Pakistan players scurrying off the field. I can't see whats behind me but it's definitely here ..."

You got your wish :)

5.25 pm And the rain has stopped. For now. I'm inundated with emails asking me when the match will start. I don't have an answer to that at the moment.

Pakistan problem has been poor planning and indiscipline batting, just becoz its 20 over game doesn't mean u start batting like school kids. They have to play responsible cricket, players like umar akmal, shoaib maqsood are the only good players we have in the batting line up. I woud prefer playing, asad shafiq in no.4 position. and I woud open afridi seriously this man has to deliver he has been playing for donkey years and he is yet to prove he is a match winner. I feel sad that razzaq isn't playing we badly need him to be back in form becoz I think he could be a real deal for us in the WC 2015.

Its going to be heavy outfield if match gets underway... And lots of swing available for likes of Steyn... :hafeez get ready for :133:

5.35 pm "Sun is shining, the weather is sweet (well not really), make you want to move your dancing feet ..." That's Bob, not me or Firdose, who tells me that the rain has stopped and the covers are beginning to come off the ground.

Its going to be heavy outfield if match gets underway... And lots of swing available for likes of Steyn... :hafeez get ready for :133:

Even if it would be sunny and pitch would be good for batting.... Pakis are in SA for some serious spanking...

This pathetic hafeez who I think shoud be removed from captaincy, so pak selectors can get rid of this rubbish batsmen. I woud seriously consider making shoaib malik the t20 captain again, he was the best captain I think we had in this format. Plz hafeez don't put new comers in a sorry state by sending them to save ur butt..

In dark days winners are forged.

We have produced many winners. We don't need anyone to tell us we are finished.

We have not even started yet.

God may have mercy on all cricketing nations the day we have a functioning system which delivers sher ke bache.

This pathetic hafeez who I think shoud be removed from captaincy, so pak selectors can get rid of this rubbish batsmen. I woud seriously consider making shoaib malik the t20 captain again, he was the best captain I think we had in this format. Plz hafeez don't put new comers in a sorry state by sending them to save ur butt..

Regular openers i.e. Shahzad & Jamshed both will be opening I am sure... I wont really mind if Umar Akmal is sent as No. 3.

If Afridi can have a free ride for years as a No. 7, why cant Hafeez start to bat lower down the order... Batting in last overs is not so easy... so he will be found out if he doesn't have the ability...

Regular openers i.e. Shahzad & Jamshed both will be opening I am sure... I wont really mind if Umar Akmal is sent as No. 3.

If Afridi can have a free ride for years as a No. 7, why cant Hafeez start to bat lower down the order... Batting in last overs is not so easy... so he will be found out if he doesn't have the ability...

I thought it was a mistake to make him the captain in the first place.....:najam

So match is gonna happen or not?? Whats the current scenario.

Staff coming out to the ground now.. maybe to remove the covers.

Would be more entertaining than chasing 98/9 :p

45 minutes of sunshine so far, hope it continues...

Do you think that's the end of the rain then? Has there been much late afternoon/evening rain in recent days?

Was bored out of my mind for the last few days

Now some cricket :hamster

Pak won the toss and elected to bowl first

Attachments

• toss.jpg
    toss.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
They're bowling... right move but they need to chase lol. :afridi

Gonna be dead this entire spring and summer. No cricket after SL series till T20WC and no cricket after that #sadlife

Why are we bowling ? We have trundlers in our lineup, who will get hammered left, right, centre and of course the best batting lineup to boot, that can chase any total down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back