Sri Lanka beat India by 63 runs to win the first Test in Galle

So called best players of spin in the world. Gettng dismantled.

To be fair that's a claim that was discredited a while ago when Moeen Ali spun you out multiple times.

Barring Pujara and maybe Vijay the current Indian batsmen are all suspect against good spin bowling

I think Rahane Ashwin and Then a few lusty blows from a a Bhajii will see India get out of this scare. Who knows what Saha can do. Still undecided on him right now.

Stupid ten sports why aren't you showing it!!!!!

You don't have Sony Six ?

To be fair that's a claim that was discredited a while ago when Moeen Ali spun you out multiple times.

Barring Pujara the current Indian batsmen are all suspect against good spin bowling

This is another myth, he is no different to other Indian batters and has been clueless against spinners of all variety in the last 15 months or so.

Six down for 65, incredible, what happened to India's batsmen. Playing five bowlers might have been a mistake

Last edited:
This is what pressure can do to you. All your skills, abilities go out of the window when you let the situation get the better of you. Whoever advised them to block, block, block and not play a single attacking shot deserves to be fired.

You don't have Sony Six ?

Nope. It's actually not allowed to be aired i think and my cable wallah is an extra good citizen it seems :Misbah

My grandmas house has so I was able to watch most of yesterday when I was there :kohli

Six down for 60, incredible, what happened to India's batsmen. Playing five bowlers might have been a mistake

As the saying goes, if you have six ordinary batsmen the seventh wont make a major difference. Like wise, if you have 3 ordinary bowlers and 1 decent bowler, the extra fifth bowler won't make a difference if he is being included to just make up the numbers. Overall the approach of the batsmen was a major problem in my view in the last innings. Allowed the Lankans to walk over them.

Six down for 65, incredible, what happened to India's batsmen. Playing five bowlers might have been a mistake

If they are 60 odd for 6 do you think extra batsman would have helped here lol?

This is what pressure can do to you. All your skills, abilities go out of the window when you let the situation get the better of you. Whoever advised them to block, block, block and not play a single attacking shot deserves to be fired.

How did that strategy work out for Aus?

Getting owned everywhere from Asia to England.

Don't blame defense for lack of technique.

Even if you attack, you will get the good balls that you need to keep out.

Nobody asks to go into a shell but the dismissals show poor cricket more than anything.

Nope. It's actually not allowed to be aired i think and my cable wallah is an extra good citizen it seems :Misbah

My grandmas house has so I was able to watch most of yesterday when I was there :kohli
Interesting. Well I'm pretty sure you can find a stream if you really want to watch it. I'd love to but I'm studying and following scores at the same time..

Interesting. Well I'm pretty sure you can find a stream if you really want to watch it. I'd love to but I'm studying and following scores at the same time..
Yea I prolly will.

Don't share links. Not allowed ;-)

Last edited:
As crazy as it may seem, Bhajji is one of our main hopes.

We can't defend these sessions.

So lets slog.

:)))

:( :( :(

Indians are not trying to loft - Angelo is just plugging the gaps on line & his spinners are flighting - maximum damage is a single or two. Must try to loft the ball.

I am supporter of Kohli 5 bowlers theory. I just wish India get 5th bowler like Kapil, Imran, Flintoff etc.

Still Kohli should persist with 5 bowlers. Be stubborn is not always bad.

Haven't been able to see any of this test, is this a rank turner? or are india just folding?

How did that strategy work out for Aus?

Getting owned everywhere from Asia to England.

Don't blame defense for lack of technique.

Even if you attack, you will get the good balls that you need to keep out.

Nobody asks to go into a shell but the dismissals show poor cricket more than anything.

The score line speaks for itself. Don't wish to argue further.

Need Bhajji to slog a bit here. Take his chances. Ashwin is more than capable. As I write this....he's out.

As crazy as it may seem, Bhajji is one of our main hopes.

We can't defend these sessions.

So lets slog.

:)))

:( :( :(

I know Bhajji and Ashwin have put up lots of runs in the past but do they have any history of scoring tough runs as opposed to just scoring when the conditions and match situation is good for India ie basically cheap runs?

First of all, Bhaji don't sulk if your board didn't accept the DRS. Second that was out. Third, yes keep on blocking and blocking.

I know Bhajji and Ashwin have put up lots of runs in the past but do they have any history of scoring tough runs as opposed to just scoring when the conditions and match situation is good for India ie basically cheap runs?

All Ashwin's runs are tough runs. See the situations he scored.

He is rated bcos of his clutch knocks.

But I don't think he will do well today. Not confident about him.

Haven't been able to see any of this test, is this a rank turner? or are india just folding?

It's an half decent pitch for slow bowlers but Indian batters have played right into the hands of SL spinners by going into the shell way too early in this inning.

The scoreline for ENTIRE SERIES of Aus speak for itself.

I am not advocating negative batting but you cannot make up for lack of defense by mindlessly attacking.

Ask Australians.

Australian's completely disrespected the local seaming and swinging conditions. Indians on the other hand are playing on Sub continent pitches in conditions that are not alien to them.

99.99% we are losing this.

0.01% for the hopeless fanboy in me.

:(

This is so bloody damn painful.

You can't lose 6 wickets in a session on Day 4.

Australian's completely disrespected the local seaming and swinging conditions. Indians on the other hand are playing on Sub continent pitches in conditions that are not alien to them.

But the same Indians got owned by Moeen Ali on England tracks no less, owned by Lyon on Adelaide, owned by Peterson in Durban, owned by Swann and Panesar in India.

If you see the scorecard, its Pujara and Murali who won us the Aus series. Pujara and Ashwin who scored against England in India.

Our technique against quality spin is dipping.

It could have helped in the first innings where India lost wickets after a good start and score. The one extra batsman could have helped India get over 400 and the 4th innings target might have been less

Honestly, look at Herath's bowling. Does this deserve losing 5 wickets in a session?

Kaushal is sharp but herath was just steady with loop.

Would suck to lose on Independence Day. This pair is the last hope. We are paying for poor selections and no Drs.

Not a great morning on Indian National Day, still can make a day for them, but really tough.

LOL india haven't followed PakvsSL series they should adopted the Pakistani batsmen approch we just gave herath 2 wickets in 2 matches

Man i'm absolutely loving this...

People were hyping Kohli as the next best thing since Bradman

to be fair no one was. Maybe few hyper indian fans but you can hardly ascribe that to fans in general.

Pakistani fans are much more guilty in this aspect

99.99% we are losing this.

0.01% for the hopeless fanboy in me.

:(

This is so bloody damn painful.

You can't lose 6 wickets in a session on Day 4.

Sif I'm just so bloody ****** at Rohit, did u see his footwork on the ball he got bowled by herath.
The guy was just rooted to the crease and then put a lazy stride forward and did not even get to the pitch of the ball and got promptly bowled.
Best way to play spin on a turning pitch is take an initial trigger movement forward and then see the length of the ball and decide whether u want to be forward or rock back on the back foot.
There was no initial movement by rohit and even when he got a stride forward he did not get to the pitch of the ball. It was a good delivery be herath but very poor technique from Rohit.

Commentators praising Ashwin for using his feet and not being rooted to the crease unlike the other batsmen who just stayed rooted and were hoping for bad balls on a platter.

Man i'm absolutely loving this...

People were hyping Kohli as the next best thing since Bradman

Team selection and bowling changes have been atrociously similar to MSD days besides personal form of Kohli has dipped alarmingly ever since the WC match against Pak (continued till the 1st inning here at galle).

Not sure what aggressive captaincy that Kohli brings in to the table.

Sif I'm just so bloody ****** at Rohit, did u see his footwork on the ball he got bowled by herath.
The guy was just rooted to the crease and then put a lazy stride forward and did not even get to the pitch of the ball and got promptly bowled.
Best way to play spin on a turning pitch is take an initial trigger movement forward and then see the length of the ball and decide whether u want to be forward or rock back on the back foot.
There was no initial movement by rohit and even when he got a stride forward he did not get to the pitch of the ball. It was a good delivery be herath but very poor technique from Rohit.

He is phattu.

So are everyone else.

Just less phattu than him.

Kaushal making the batsmen dance but somehow the relatively innocuous Herath is the one with 5 wickets. Cricket is an unfair game :nehra

Back