Sri Lanka v Australia | 3rd Test | Colombo | 16-20 Sep 2011

What a great advert for test cricket the last two days were. First Mathews yesterday and then Clarke's refusal to have 30 or 40 overs to bowl at SL today.

What a great advert for test cricket the last two days were. First Mathews yesterday and then Clarke's refusal to have 30 or 40 overs to bowl at SL today.

Clarke's innings was brilliant though. He looked like an Australian captain for the first time. Fair play, maybe I was wrong.

And the first test was crackling, exciting, never without incident. I've seen much worse series', usually involving the West Indies or between subcontinental sides.

Clarke's innings was brilliant though. He looked like an Australian captain for the first time. Fair play, maybe I was wrong.

And the first test was crackling, exciting, never without incident. I've seen much worse series', usually involving the West Indies or between subcontinental sides.

the reason your mentionning sub continental teams is because of the flat wickets they play on, whilst i do agree in some ways but also like to point out that what TEST CRICKET is about, its about testing players ability, temperiment etc. thats why in my opinion all the very best bowlers of current, past eras that have done well in all conditions only few are not from the subcontinent, and virtually zero from england. for me wasim, imran, waqar are the 3 best bowlers of all time

Bit harsh in fact personally i think it's ridiculous to criticize clarke for not declaring.

The pitch was a freakin road, 30 overs at sri lanka in a game Australia didn't need to win would have just benefited sri lanka as it would be a successful chase or a draw, nobody was getting bowled out in one session on that highway.

Australia desperately needed a series win after nearly two years without one, they were unlucky to not go 2-0 up earlier in the series so to think they should have pushed for a miracle here is just nit picking for the sake of it.

Why would Clarke declare on a road? I can only assume you mustn't have seen the wicket. 4 tons were scored on it over the past 5 days. If Mathews wants to take all day to get his ton we're not obligated to give them a sniff.

Last edited:
Back