Sri Lanka v New Zealand | 1st ODI | Columbo | 8/9/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Aussie

Senior Test Player
Runs
Sri Lanka have won the toss and elected to bat.

A bit more interest than usual in this game because Bond, Shane Bond is back for the Hobbits.

Murali not playing, thrown out of the XI to have a rest.

Random Aussie said:
Sri Lanka have won the toss and elected to bat.

A bit more interest than usual in this game because Bond, Shane Bond is back for the Hobbits.

Murali not playing, thrown out of the XI to have a rest.

Not only Bond, but Tuffey is also back, he took 5 wickets against SL A a couple of days ago.
The Typical Lankan tactics: win toss, bat first and put preassure on NZ.

Tuffey gets Dilshan, and Bond, Shane Bond gets Jayawardene.

2/5.

Bond's ODI average is 19 runs per wicket over 68 matches. Wow. Is that the best ODI record for a bowler with more than 50 games? Calling the geeks, calling the geeks.

Boy, New Zealand missed their ICL'rs.

I am on iPhone right so can't really watch the game live on Oxy link but someone mind telling me it's quality compare to other live streams online

SL serving up some real high quality garbage!

22-3

Cover Drive said:
I hope Sanga falls below 15 runs

Well he only added 3 runs, so moaf kar dete hain use ok?

Sri Lanka struggling big time, 4/44 from 17.4 overs.

Bond makes a big difference and so does Tuffey. Much stronger bowling unit.

Sl 4/63 after 23 overs, on track for a score of 130. Bond still has 5 overs. 5, 5 overs to bowl.

Bond still looks quality even though hes been away from game for a while.

He will test our batting later this year!

Kiwis bowling rate is just too slow at the moment.

Match refree alert.

Beautiful shot by Samaraweera for :four

105/5

If Pakistan had been 69/5 they would have collapsed to 95 all out.
Lankans fighting hard 116/5 after 35.3 overs. If they can make 80 runs in last 14+ overs they will be in the game. They are good under lights.

IAJ said:
If Pakistan had been 69/5 they would have collapsed to 95 all out.
Lankans fighting hard 116/5 after 35.3 overs. If they can make 80 runs in last 14+ overs they will be in the game. They are good under lights.

Lately our lower middle order has been good (Umer Akmal, Afridi, Razzaq and Rana). So I think we won't be that bad.

Coming back to this game.

Sri Lankans doing very well.

140/5 still 10.5 over to go.

Samaraweera and Mathews are doing well at the moment a good partnership they've got going.

If these 2 stay for the next 8 overs or so they might even get 200!

This innings should help Samaraweera secure his spot in the one day side for the next series or two.

Xohaib said:
So Pitch is not that bad.

The commentators said at the start that it was a 260-270 runs pitch.

Afridi_Fan said:
Lately our lower middle order has been good (Umer Akmal, Afridi, Razzaq and Rana). So I think we won't be that bad.

Coming back to this game.

Sri Lankans doing very well.

140/5 still 10.5 over to go.

I doubt they will play all together in same ODI, but I still say that we would have collapsed to 95! We can not handle the preassure, especially when we lose so many wickets upfront.
Bond cleans Matthews up.

196/6 after 47.5 overs.

Looks like Samaraweera may have just played a match winning knock for S.L here.

Mcullum is still there for kiwis and hes the key for them.

Malinga takes three in an over and now is on a hattrick.

Where is that Indian player who is accusing Former Pakistan captain for fixing ICL matches, can't he see this match is also fixed :p.......hehehehhe

Kiwis 101/8

Grant Elliott lone hand for 41 has just ended!

Again the R. Premadasa won the match. What a performance by him. He manages to beat three international teams in a short period of time. With this win he also breaks the world record for providing most consecutive wins for the first batted team.

Congratulations to Premedasa, you little legend beauty!!! :14:

I was like OH MY GOSH when I was checking the scores of SL's innings.
I said to myself "SL toh aaj bhi gaya"

But the fightback by Samaraweera was great!:19:
And the reason why Malinga is one of fav bowlers is evident here.:D

I just couldnt believe how they got the game back into their hands.
Just superb stuff!

Sri Lanka for Compaq Cup!(I hate their attitude though,lol)
India for runner up! ;-)

ace_allrounder said:
I was like OH MY GOSH when I was checking the scores of SL's innings.
I said to myself "SL toh aaj bhi gaya"

But the fightback by Samaraweera was great!:19:
And the reason why Malinga is one of fav bowlers is evident here.:D

I just couldnt believe how they got the game back into their hands.
Just superb stuff!

Sri Lanka for Compaq Cup!(I hate their attitude though,lol)
India for runner up! ;-)
One of the main characteristic of a world no 1 team is, every cricket playing countries should hate them (like we did to Australia). So I’m glad to see that we are on our way to achieve that goal. But Sanga and boys have lot of works to do because too may West Indians and Bangladeshis still like our team...:82: and that indicates we are far away from being a no 1 in any format. :D

Btw bro, what is the meaning of "SL toh aaj bhi gaya". I know it won’t be the most sweetest of saying. :13:

Last edited:
aravinda1234 said:
Btw bro, what is the meaning of "SL toh aaj bhi gaya". I know it won’t be the most sweetest of saying. :13:

It means... "SL is gone today as well".

aravinda1234 said:
One of the main characteristic of a world no 1 team is, every cricket playing countries should hate them (like we did to Australia). So I’m glad to see that we are on our way to achieve that goal. But Sanga and boys have lot of works to do because too may West Indians and Bangladeshis still like our team...:82: and that indicates we are far away from being a no 1 in any format. :D

I think it means 'Sri Lanka are gone today aswell'(basically saying they may lose again).

aravinda1234 said:

No."Sri Lanka toh aaj bhi gaya" means "Sri Lanka are gone today as well"(Meaning that they might lose today too"

And I like the SL team man!..They are a talented bunch!..:19: But their attitude is getting worser day by day.:|

ace_allrounder said:
No."Sri Lanka toh aaj bhi gaya" means "Sri Lanka are gone today as well"(Meaning that they might lose today too"

And I like the SL team man!..They are a talented bunch!..:19: But their attitude is getting worser day by day.:|

I have just mistakenly thought that you are an one of those fired up guys after last Pak-SL series… :D so that is not the case then.

About the attitude, you may be right from an outsider's point of view... yes they become little hotter lately... :D one reason for this to happen mainly in R. Premadasa ground is recently we have lost about 7 tosses there... on a ground where team won the toss also won the match. Their angriness against SL cricket board released to poor opposition players who has nothing to do with Mr. Premadasa. :))

Oh man , My respects to Samaraweera . He sure proved that the test label has to come off now :D , match winning knock :14: .

aravinda1234 said:
I have just mistakenly thought that you are an one of those fired up guys after last Pak-SL series… :D so that is not the case then.

About the attitude, you may be right from an outsider's point of view... yes they become little hotter lately... :D one reason for this to happen mainly in R. Premadasa ground is recently we have lost about 7 tosses there... on a ground where team won the toss also won the match. Their angriness against SL cricket board released to poor opposition players who has nothing to do with Mr. Premadasa. :))

Lol.Well,I was kinda fired up but that was ages ago....:D
But in this "Compaq Cup" I'm supporting Sri Lanka.:19:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back