Sri Lanka v New Zealand | CT 2009 | Johannesburg | 27/9/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonJee

Tape Ball Captain
Runs
Sri Lanka has won the toss and will bowl first. Murli has been dropped. If Sri Lanka loose this then they are more or less OUT!
Sri Lanka vs New Zealand, ICC Champions Trophy, 2009: September 27, 2009

Venue: Wanderers

Stats say: (last five completed matches, most recent first)

New Zealand - LLLWL
Sri Lanka - LWWWL

Sri Lanka squad
TM Dilshan, ST Jayasuriya, KC Sangakkara*†, DPMD Jayawardene, SHT Kandamby, TT Samaraweera, AD Mathews, KMDN Kulasekara, T Thushara, SL Malinga, BAW Mendis

New Zealand squad
BB McCullum†,JD Ryder ,MJ Guptill, LRPL Taylor, GD Elliott, NT Broom, JEC Franklin, DL Vettori*, KD Mills, DR Tuffey, SE Bond

Match scheduled: (7:30 GMT)

Toss : Sri Lanka won the toss and elected to field

Weather report (BBC/weathercity.com)
28-17C Sunny

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's hoping the underdogs NZ kick Sanga's behind in hardcore fashion.
:)

Only team to have played twice and won twice is Pakistan: Shastri

:afridi :yk :moyo

Afridi_Fan said:
Good decision though to drop Murali.
Murali is a spent cartridge. All his golden years are pretty much behind him.

May be just may be, and I know its too early but this could be the begining of a new era.

Like Younis said that he wants every team in the World to be afraid of playing against Pakistan. :yk

^Inshaallah.
[They all are already afraid of Afridi like hell. :afridi]

Momo said:
^Inshaallah.
[They all are already afraid of Afridi like hell. :afridi]

They are afraid of him from the day he hit the World Champion of the time Sri Lanka to all corners of that ground in Nairobi. :afridi

I wonder how Murali will take being dropped. First time this has ever happened to him. He definately isnt the same Murali any more. That massive sharp spin is gone, the man is just playing for records.

Afridi_Fan said:
They are afraid of him from the day he hit the World Champion of the time Sri Lanka to all corners of that ground in Nairobi. :afridi
Very true.

And as we speak Ryder pulls a hamstring or something.

Savak said:
I wonder how Murali will take being dropped. First time this has ever happened to him. He definately isnt the same Murali any more. That massive sharp spin is gone, the man is just playing for records.
Murali should call it a day. He is little more effective than Vaas now.

Man that is a cute Physio, Ryder is feeling embarressed if she treats him on the field.

Man Sri Lanka might be now wishing that Ryder was not injured, he is spanking them.

50 of just 28 balls, well played Ryder!

76/0 after 10 overs.

Ryder makes the fastest fifty so far of the tournament.

Lol Injured or not, Ryder is kicking some a$$ here.

50 in 28 balls.

I think Sanga misread the pitch. Seems like a belter. I can't forget that Pakistan got the first match on this pitch, totally green at that time.

Wow Mendis has looked a shadow of himself of late but still averages 15 runs per wicket in 36 matches.

Wow, McCullum is quick between the wickets, I haven't seen any1 running faster than him.

JustAnotherFan said:
Lol ... just a pity Proteas had to meet them when they weren't whining, but winning. :14:

One of them had to win and the other one whin.

So it was South Africans turn to whin and they did that :p

JustAnotherFan said:
Lol ... just a pity Proteas had to meet them when they weren't whining, but winning. :14:
Once in a while they do win. But the normal service is that of whining. :)

Okay here's the deal. I'll give Ryder twenty minutes or forty runs (whichever comes first) before invoking the Saeed Anwar 194* jinx thread.
:moyo

Well played. Has put NZ in the driver's seat. Up to the later batsmen to capitalize on the start now.

A N.Z win would throw this group wide open, with every team notching up a win.

On a side note, it's nice that there's two games a day. Ensures the tournament doesn't drag on.

Bond, Shane Bond

Ross Taylor seems, like all promising NZ batsmen, to have gone off the boil. I think they just get sick of losing and it wears them down.

Sanath Takes another one.

The Budha Baba of cricket is on fire with the ball.

Pakistan dont need to worry if there semi will played on this ground pitch dosent look bouncy and green track ? Looks like a flat track for me.

NZ recovered well to be 6/230 after 41.5 overs. They will have a decent total to bowl at and considering their bowlers are better than batters they should be reasonably happy.

Random Aussie said:
NZ recovered well to be 6/230 after 41.5 overs. They will have a decent total to bowl at and considering their bowlers are better than batters they should be reasonably happy.

I agree. If they can buckle down and use the last powerplay well and come close to 300, their bowlers can make chasing tough for SL...

It would be a surprise if SL don't quality for the semis specially after they beat SA...

Guptill is missing three toes on one foot, doesn't seem to affect his running at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back