England v New Zealand l 3rd ODI | Nottingham | June 05, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody noticed what just happened? Bopara got a warning from Aleem Dar i guess he was trying to do ball tempering...It's his first match after a long time and the guy is trying to be smart...lol

Last edited:
What a SIX by Guptill seems like he is watching the ball as a football and runs are flowing from his bat like water...

NZ at 88/2 in 15 overs so they are maintaining the RR Taylor need to play a big inning here i don't hate Eng but i would love to see a 3-0 it's been a long time since i saw a top team who was ranked number 1 a while ago being whitewashed in own backyard and thn i would also like to see how Eng perform in CT after a whitewash. (Specially in the group match against NZ)

<center>
tv2ab.jpg
</center>

Once again NZ seems failed to whitewash a top team in an ODI series in the host country. Against SA in the ODI series they were also able to do it but they lost it in last 2 balls.

Former & Current Captain at the crease now.

If Guptill fails NZ gets in trouble..

New Zealand just won back to back ODI series against South Africa. If you know what I mean :yk

Franklin gone...NZ is back to their famous batting collapse...

115 needed in 96 balls Nathan & Taylor on crease Partnership 51 runs.

Come onnnn, 100 runs to get with 3 wickets remaininggg

Taylor in best form of his life five 50+ scores in last 5 matches.

Fine fielding on the rope by Finny!

That should be it. NZ have got closer than I thought they would.

Played England. Good to see Buttler and Bops making contributions.

I've said it for a long while, England need to reconsider their use of Bopara. He is a handy bowler who makes up for his lack of pace with clever variations(which are actually difficult to play unlike Dernbach's) and can be used along with the spinners to take the pace off the ball and slow the RR in the middle of an innings. His batting however simply isn't good enough to justify him being included as a top 6 batsman.

Fair play to New Zealand, some of their players would probably struggle to get into most other teams in the world(such as James Franklin) and yet their excellent work-rate in the field makes them a very formidable side in this format of the game. They are the proof of how important fielding is in the modern game.

If only NZ had Jesse Ryder in the side!

Terrible bowling at the end cost us. Though Guptill, Taylor and Mitch are big positives from the series. Time to ditch Franklin and bring in Jake/Dan. Franklin does nothing except the odd awesome run out.

I've said it for a long while, England need to reconsider their use of Bopara. He is a handy bowler who makes up for his lack of pace with clever variations(which are actually difficult to play unlike Dernbach's) and can be used along with the spinners to take the pace off the ball and slow the RR in the middle of an innings. His batting however simply isn't good enough to justify him being included as a top 6 batsman.

He does have three test tons, admittedly against WI.

He could bat at #7 behind Buttler, then we bat deeper and can drop the useless Dernbach as you say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back