Sri Lanka v NZ | 1st T20 | Columbo | 2/9/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muhammad

First Class Player
Runs
Post of the Week
SL v NZ 1st T20 - Bond welcomed back with open arms

Bond to Dilshan, FOUR, Dilshan is giving Bond no respect, plants his foot down the ground, and slams it on the up over extra cover for another boundary

Bond to Dilshan, FOUR, Dilshan makes it three in a row, length ball this time, threads it on the up between extra cover and mid-off, what a first over this has been

Bond to Dilshan, FOUR, short and wide, Dilshan stands tall and slams it over the cover, one bounce and over the ropes

Bond to Dilshan, FOUR, low full toss outside off, outside edge takes it past first slip and races to the third man boundary

Last edited:
That's always the risk with fast bowlers in T20 - especially one returning after such a break.

Does anyone know who made fastest fifty in T20?

I hope Dilshan falls or else he might grab ICC T20 award :(

dilshan going ballistic

anyone watching this. hes on track for the fastest intl 50 - 38 off 14 so far - 5x4 2x6!

hes go to be the most dangerous of the fast scoring stroke makers in the world at the moment, isnt he?

who else woudl you put in that category? sewag, pietersen, de villiers? who else is proven to be able to hit massive centuries AND score at 100+ strike rates?

godzilla said:
anyone watching this. hes on track for the fastest intl 50 - 38 off 14 so far - 5x4 2x6!

hes go to be the most dangerous of the fast scoring stroke makers in the world at the moment, isnt he?

who else woudl you put in that category? sewag, pietersen, de villiers? who else is proven to be able to hit massive centuries AND score at 100+ strike rates?
Just checked Yuvi made 50 off 12 balls against England

New Zealand really have crap bowlers at the moment.

Rupasinghe played well against Pakistan A and have been rewarded with T20 debut today.

IAJ said:
New Zealand really have crap bowlers at the moment.

I second this. In order to be a better NZ side, they first need to sort out there bowing, I find that there batting is decent.

:double0sm gives 3 runs in last over
Now Oram is on who has taken 3 wickets in 19 matches
Sri Lanka require another 41 runs with 5 wickets and 39 balls remaining

Someone on cricinfo wrote:
Sheheryar from Pakistan: "I've been saying this a number of times that Sri Lanka's lower middle order is completely HOPELESS. They have never supported the heroics of Dilshan, Sanath, Sanga and Mahela except for the recent second ODI against Pakistan."

Actually it is true

According to cricinfo Vettori bowling fifth over
Vettori to Kulasekara, 1 run, pushed off the front foot towards cover, McCullum shies at the striker's end, misses and concedes an overthrow

i think newzeland should back them self to win the match now

is bhandara any good with the bat ???

Oram to Mathews, OUT, Angelo Mathews gets rid of Mathews, who chips an innocuous delivery back to the bowler, huge wicket that, Mathews, Sri Lanka's last remaining recognised batsman, has just perished to a full toss

how is that possible ?? :)

adarsh_bang said:
Oram to Mathews, OUT, Angelo Mathews gets rid of Mathews, who chips an innocuous delivery back to the bowler, huge wicket that, Mathews, Sri Lanka's last remaining recognised batsman, has just perished to a full toss

how is that possible ?? :)
Nothing is impossible for Cricindia ;-)

another double by bandara
Sri Lanka require another 15 runs with 3 wickets and 14 balls remaining

Cricinfo coverage is getting worst and worst
Oram to Bandara, 1 run, Bond goes for the yorker, it's a touch shorter than he wanted, the batsman squeezes it to mid-off

Vettori and Bond have a long chat

NZ with zero wides and no-balls
SL needs a boundry on last ball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back