Sri Lanka vs Pakistan | Colombo (SSC)| 07/04/12 | 2nd Test | Day 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
so ppl who wanted declaration say well if sl cant make it they will go for draw, if thats the way then knowing fully well why should we declare

so ppl who wanted declaration say well if sl cant make it they will go for draw, if thats the way then knowing fully well why should we declare
Quite a change in tone from "OMG, we are gonna lose" to "hey, why did we declare then".

I look forward to ID'ing a few more of this scared lot in this thread.:))

I'll be just be happy if we take a few wickets now and go all fired up in the next test match...

This place amazes me when Pakistan are playing, how critical can you be?

SL won the first Test therefore Pakistans only chance to win the series is to try to win this game....

SL would be happy to get another 50 in 10 overs then make a 20/20 game all they have to do is not lose wkt stupid decision to declare

Quite a change in tone from "OMG, we are gonna lose" to "hey, why did we declare then".

I look forward to ID'ing a few more of this scared lot in this thread.:))

mate i was never in favor of declaration i didnt want pak to declare i wanted them to bat till last ball

SL would be happy to get another 50 in 10 overs then make a 20/20 game all they have to do is not lose wkt stupid decision to declare

No way with the way Rehman is bowling and with Ajmal to come. Just sit back and enjoy...

ajmal bowled at 90k and pravi played him on backfoot just insane that we had declared

Credit to Misbah for putting life into this dead test match; what a change of emotions running i n this match now!

:)) Misbah putting his haters to shame with a display of aggressive captaincy.

well i was wrong sri lanka given up the chase.

Thought they'd have gone for it.

boy if we lose this same ppl who wanted declaration would be wanting misbah's head LOL

Sri Lanka are gonna need around 180 to win from 20 overs, and if they have all wickets in hand they could well take this.

boy if we lose this same ppl who wanted declaration would be wanting misbah's head LOL

There are two types of Misbah haters. Ones that start hating before the event. These are the dumb ones. We have their posts and can quote them at any time and expose the (its been done in the past)

The other ones are the (comparatively) clever ones. These are the ones that deliberately don't comment until after the event when they then unleash their inner hater.

These ones will want Misbahs head whatever happens.

doctor mate, i hope you are around at the end of the match after SL battle to save a collapse

Sri Lanka are gonna need around 180 to win from 20 overs, and if they have all wickets in hand they could well take this.

When was the last time you guys saw a test? 8-9 per over in a test match when Misbah can put all 9 fielders on the boundary when he wants to, when the bowlers can bowl bouncers and wide of the wicket. Never happened before in tests, not going to happen now

BTW, there's the first wicket, see SL shut shop now

Huh Sanga in, just get him early.

When was the last time you guys saw a test? 8-9 per over in a test match when Misbah can put all 9 fielders on the boundary when he wants to, when the bowlers can bowl bouncers and wide of the wicket. Never happened before in tests, not going to happen now

it may happen if Pakistan starts bowling with Taufeeq Umer and Asad Shafiq.

good point.

People are just worrying for no reason. Enjoy all the ooh and aaahs. At least misbah made a match of this...

doctor mate, i hope you are around at the end of the match after SL battle to save a collapse

mate im pak fan if we win i will be dancing like crazy (which is not a pretty sight trust me ;) ) that said there was not enuff percentage for pak to declare rationally speaking, i would be happy if they carried on batting.

then they would go for draw right? Thats exactly my point why we declared whats in it for us nothing at all

Had Pakistan kept bating on I would have switched off. But now I am hooked even though a draw seems like the most obvious result.

If we get Sanga, we would take the wind out of the Sri Lankan batters and that would make for an interesting 20 odd overs...

Doesn't seem like AR and SA are bowling on same pith atm.

Hafeez was having an animated coversation with Misbah. perhaps he wants a bowl?

Ajmal strikes. Another couple of wickets would be nice, just for fun :yk

Job well done. The real purpose of the declaration was to get the mental edge - create doubts in the minds of SL batsmen. Both openers are now dismissed. A couple of other wickets would seal the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back