Test 1 - Day 4 - Eng v Pak @ lords (commentary thread) [16/7/06]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amjid Javed

PakPassion's 100,000 posts man
Joined
Mar 3, 2004
Runs
114,685
Post of the Week
8
Match situation - England 528/9dec v Pakistan 409/7

Pakistan trail by 119 runs (Moyo 185* Afridi 0*)

All four results still possible yet. The hard work for pakistan isnt over because a lead for england of around 70-100 could be vital. Pakistan need to bat for atleast 3/4 sesssion or a full session this morning. Afridi will hopefully get in and Moyo will get 200 inshallah.

A cracking days cricket in prospect.

Please put updates on when match starts. :)
 
Again i will be the first one to post in this thread :D
 
But but but the thread is done a whole TWO hours before the start. Stop being immature, Amjid Javed.

Please act your age.
 
Amjid Javed said:
Match situation - England 528/9dec v Pakistan 409/7

Pakistan trail by 119 runs (Moyo 185* Afridi 0*)

All four results still possible yet. The hard work for pakistan isnt over because a lead for england of around 70-100 could be vital. Pakistan need to bat for atleast 3/4 sesssion or a full session this morning. Afridi will hopefully get in and Moyo will get 200 inshallah.

A cracking days cricket in prospect.

Please put updates on when match starts. :)


4 results

i thought there was only 3 possible outcome

win for pak win for eng draw

but if u have a fourth

id be interested to here
 
Easatheman said:
But but but the thread is done a whole TWO hours before the start. Stop being immature, Amjid Javed.

Please act your age.

:)) dont cry just coz i beat u to doing this thread!
 
Jive Jive Pakistan said:
4 results

i thought there was only 3 possible outcome

win for pak win for eng draw

but if u have a fourth

id be interested to here

The match can either be a win for Pakistan, a loss for Pakistan, a draw between Pak/Eng, or a TIE between Pak/Eng
 
Jive Jive Pakistan said:
aint that the same as a draw

No slightly different. Tie is when scores in match are level. Drawn can occur if scores arent the same in overall aggregate.
 
Jive Jive Pakistan said:
gatting is a bit frightened of 2 hours of afridi

Tell me who isn't. Even we, his dedicated fans are!!
 
England out in there team huddle!

come on pakistan!
 
1st hour will be crucial here could be difference between 2nd inns slug out or either team having a lead!
 
Moyo gets single to fine leg

boom boom on strike!
 
Bouncer 1st up to afridi, left alone!

118 behind.
 
I dont think afridi will get anything in his half!
 
Slog from afridi and lucky not to be clean bowled!

stupidity at its best!
 
Its either going to be glory or bust from Afridi tday, he clearly has no intention of blocking! Should be fun.
 
another slog across line and lucky not to be lbw!
 
Afridi needs to play with straight bat
 
Afridi is absolutely electric.

What intention
 
Another poor shot from afridi and gets streaky to thru gully!

poor stuff thus far!
 
Harmi will bowl everything short and at body!
 
And here we see the Afridi effect - conference after conference from the captain and bowler!
 
another swipe and miss! truely brainless stuff!
 
Afridi riding his luck, just a matter of time before he does the obvious (throw his wicket away).
 
Brilliant stuff from Afridi, truly entertaining!
 
110.1 Hoggard to Shahid Afridi, no run, outside off and Afridi launches into it, bottom-edging it and the ball drops just short of Jones. That was heading somewhere into France if he connected

:))
 
Amjid Javed said:
another swipe and miss! truely brainless stuff!
Couldnt agree more, why in the world is he in the test team, we dont need brainless players like him around.
 
He's face 15 balls so far, and people want him out of the team
 
Amjid Javed said:
another swipe and miss! truely brainless stuff!
Couldn't disagree more, Afridi gives life to tests, that's a fact. And if brainless gets him a test batting average of 40, then let's start giving lobectomies to Razzaq and some of our other players
 
Nauman said:
Couldnt agree more, why in the world is he in the test team, we dont need brainless players like him around.

Atleast get u eye in 1st and get the england lead down.
 
DM said:
Couldn't disagree more, Afridi gives life to tests, that's a fact. And if brainless gets him a test batting average of 40, then let's start giving lobectomies to Razzaq and some of our other players

Exactly
 
DM said:
Couldn't disagree more, Afridi gives life to tests, that's a fact. And if brainless gets him a test batting average of 40, then let's start giving lobectomies to Razzaq and some of our other players
Sorry that was meant for Nauman, not you AJ
 
Afridi really having a mad dash. He hasnt middled 1 shot yet.
 
DM said:
Couldn't disagree more, Afridi gives life to tests, that's a fact. And if brainless gets him a test batting average of 40, then let's start giving lobectomies to Razzaq and some of our other players

when hes scored runs hes actually applied himself and played well.

Theres a difference between good calculated hitting and brainless slogging.

sadly ur judgement is clearly clouded!
 
4 down to third man, but at least the intention was to hit straight.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top