The Apprentice is back

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Fired candidates are on bbc.co.uk/fivelive right now

yes yes yes simon has won i predicted that from the start yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last series began around the end of March, so assuming this one will air around the same time.

Theres going to be an Apprentice Sports Relief special this Wednesday and then next week or the week after the new series will begin. I can't wait.

Thanks Uzzy! I'm looking forward to that on Wednesday now!

Wow I can't believe it's been a year since Simon Ambrose won the Apprentice! The candidates last year were really good, so it will be interesting to see how it pans out this year.

Can't wait!

I want there to be a Syed\Tre type character again. Those two were legendary.

its actually on friday not wensday, that will be sports relief one.

wiki also says the series will begin on 25th march.

Usman said:
Thanks Uzzy! I'm looking forward to that on Wednesday now!

Wow I can't believe it's been a year since Simon Ambrose won the Apprentice! The candidates last year were really good, so it will be interesting to see how it pans out this year.

Can't wait!

What show was you watching? The candidates were largely rubbish - some of the people were a joke and Im sure they were just plucked off the street.

I hope there is a big improvement this year - no good just adding brown faces, add brown faces with a bit of substance.

Geordie Ahmed said:
What show was you watching? The candidates were largely rubbish - some of the people were a joke and Im sure they were just plucked off the street.

I hope there is a big improvement this year - no good just adding brown faces, add brown faces with a bit of substance.

You can't be serious. Last years was the best of all three series shown! Maybe one or two didn't have the credentials or the know-how to be on the show (i.e that Quantum Physics person) but it was largely entertaining. People like Syed and Tre were what made the show enjoyable.

Uzzy said:
You can't be serious. Last years was the best of all three series shown! Maybe one or two didn't have the credentials or the know-how to be on the show (i.e that Quantum Physics person) but it was largely entertaining. People like Syed and Tre were what made the show enjoyable.

I didnt say that it was boring, I definately enjoyed it (not my fave since the Syed one was my favourite) BUT the candidates were average, a frikkin car salesman was on the show. What about that useless scottish lass, she was terrible? as was that Ifte guy, totally clueless.

Take away Tre and the show wudnt have been as good

Geordie Ahmed said:
I didnt say that it was boring, I definately enjoyed it (not my fave since the Syed one was my favourite) BUT the candidates were average, a frikkin car salesman was on the show. What about that useless scottish lass, she was terrible? as was that Ifte guy, totally clueless.

Take away Tre and the show wudnt have been as good

I agree with some of the people mentioned but what about Kate (I think thats her name?) The villain, the one you loved to hate. Skills wise, she was probably the best on the show. And the guy who won it? He weren't bad either.

Even apart from Tre you still had people that made the show good.

Uzzy said:
I agree with some of the people mentioned but what about Kate (I think thats her name?) The villain, the one you loved to hate. Skills wise, she was probably the best on the show. And the guy who won it? He weren't bad either.

Even apart from Tre you still had people that made the show good.

He was as dull as a fart

Yeah that Kate was good BUT really annoying.

there were too many poor candidates like the car salesman, scottish asian lass, the gay indian, jaydine, Ifte, that rory fella, that fat fella who was the first team leader, that ex-army fella etc etc

far too many poor candidates BUT Tre, Katie and Kristina kept the show interesting.

Geordie Ahmed said:
He was as dull as a fart

Yeah that Kate was good BUT really annoying.

there were too many poor candidates like the car salesman, scottish asian lass, the gay indian, jaydine, Ifte, that rory fella, that fat fella who was the first team leader, that ex-army fella etc etc

far too many poor candidates BUT Tre, Katie and Kristina kept the show interesting.

Well as long as the show was enjoyable, interesting enough to watch for the full duration, I think it did its job.

I just hope the new series has a Syed/Tre type character!

you cant be serious, the people last season were one of the worstest, people like tre and katie were just thrown in their to increase there tv ratings, they have now started to follow the american version by selecting people to bring entertainment to the show instead of business sense, most deserving people dnt even make it,

Geordie Ahmed said:
He was as dull as a fart

I would completely disagree with that! Simon was very clever and not just your average candidate. If you had a look at the series before that, the two finalists were just unbelievably dumb, with just a few GCSEs between them. The show made an effort to insure that last year's candidates were a lot better.

Even Tre, although he never had a chance of winning, had a good business head on him! He just needed to calm down, although that is what made the show so good.

Usman said:
I would completely disagree with that! Simon was very clever and not just your average candidate. If you had a look at the series before that, the two finalists were just unbelievably dumb, with just a few GCSEs between them. The show made an effort to insure that last year's candidates were a lot better.

Even Tre, although he never had a chance of winning, had a good business head on him! He just needed to calm down, although that is what made the show so good.

I never said he was stupid, far from it - he was a clever guy BUT surely you have to agree he was dull.

Geordie Ahmed said:
I never said he was stupid, far from it - he was a clever guy BUT surely you have to agree he was dull.

Who can forget the comic relief he provided when he had to go live on air? :))

BTW when did you become an Admin?

Uzzy said:
Who can forget the comic relief he provided when he had to go live on air? :))

BTW when did you become an Admin?

Is that the one where he held something near his privates and it looked well dodgy?

Also he was funny when he was doing breakdancing :))) :))) :)))

About a month back - the title says admin BUT Im actually a forum leader (for the Sports Corner)

Geordie Ahmed said:
Is that the one where he held something near his privates and it looked well dodgy?

Also he was funny when he was doing breakdancing :))) :))) :)))

I don't think he himself realised what he was doing. See he wasn't that dull :)

Geordie Ahmed said:
About a month back - the title says admin BUT Im actually a forum leader (for the Sports Corner)

Oh right. Nice.

Code:
Raef Baggi 		
Jenny Celerier 		
Nick De Lacy Brown 		
Sarah Dhada 		
Lucinda Ledgerwood 		
Jennifer McGuire 		
Lee McQueen 		
Lindi Mngaza 		
Kevin Shaw 		
Simon Smith 		
Michael Sophocles 		
Helene Speight 		
Ian Stringer 		
[B]Shazia Wahab 		[/B]
Alex Wotherspoon 		
Claire Young

The list of contestants has apparently been leaked seems like there is one female Muslim (Pakistani?) amongst them and a Male Raef also seems to be an ethnic minority.

Not sure if this is official or not yet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Apprentice_(UK_Series_Four)

apprentice08BBC_700x451.jpg

1. Nicholas De Lacy Brown, 24, trainee barrister from west London
Five years ago he took his grandmother's name as he felt it was more sophisticated.

2. Jennifer Celerier, 36, sales manager from Leicester
Prizes herself on her award-winning selling skills. She had a son when she was 18 and climbed her way up the career ladder while raising him.

3. Jennifer Maguire, 27, marketing consultant from Britol
Dublin-born Jennifer, who was a champion show jumper as a teenager, describes herself as "the best salesperson in Europe".

4. Raef Bjayal, 27, entrepreneur from north-west London
Founder of the Exeter University Debating Society, Raef calls himself "a terrific conversationalist and raconteur" adding "[I'm] priceless, absolutely priceless".

5. Claire Young, 29, senior retail buyer from south London
A convent-educated schoolgirl whose motto is JDI which stands for "just do it".

6. Lucinda Ledgerwood, 31, risk manager from Edinburgh
Lucinda has a diploma in Chinese medicine and was born in Singapore. She turned down the role of body double for a Bond girl.

7. Kevin Shaw, 24, bank manager from Woking
Kevin is a Formula 1 fan and good mates with Jenson Button. "If I want something I will get it. I want to win."

8. Simon Smith, 35, senior satellite engineer from Harlow
An ex-soldier and former drug addict who claims he is a team player.

9. Helene Speight, 32, global pricing leader from Wakefield, West Yorks
A football-loving tomboy who likes being successful in a man's world.

10. Sara Dhada, 25, international car sales strategist from Leicester
A barrister who saved her family's car sales company by taking over from her brothers.

11. Michael Sophocles, 24, telesales executive from north London
A high-earner who has an MA in history and classics.

12. Ian Stringer, 26, sales manager from Flitwick, Bedfordshire
Ian re-wrote the lyrics to Tony Christie's Amarillo for Sport Relief in 2006 and scored himself a No8 hit in the charts.

13. Shazia Wahab, 35, mosaic artist from south London
Has 11 siblings and claims her family earned a Guinness world record for holding the most degrees between them in the UK.

14. Lee McQueen, 30, recruitment sales manager from Princes Risborough, Buckinghamshire
Lee bought his first house when he was 18 and then bought one for his mum.

15. Lindi Mngaza, 22, business liaison manager from Birmingham
Lindi's role model is Richard Branson because he is dyslexic like her.

16. Alex Wotherspoon, 24, regional sales manager from Bolton
Accident prone Alex has punctured a lung, broken ribs, shattered his knuckles, severed his voice box, broken fingers and dislocated his jaw.

http://www.metro.co.uk/metrolife/article.html?in_article_id=120956&in_page_id=9

An ultra-educated Pakistani family member on television, possibly ?? :20: :26:

How about a Teen version of The Apprentice?

Sir Alan Sugar: would be willing to forgo his 'You're fired' catchphrase in a teen version of The Apprentice. Photograph: BBC

The BBC is in discussions with Sir Alan Sugar about creating a teen version of hit business reality show The Apprentice.

Sugar, speaking at the launch of the fourth series of The Apprentice today, said he wanted to make a programme for young people as they were some of the show's biggest fans.

The Amstrad entrepreneur added that he had spoken to the BBC about the junior Apprentice concept and said he would even be prepared to tone down his aggressive approach to candidates, even omitting firing someone at the end.

"I have put the idea forward for a special for teenagers," Sugar added. "I have even gone to the extent of saying you don't need to fire the person. God knows what people would be calling me for firing an 11-year-old child.

"But it would be about the winning team, with the rest of the team fighting for who would win it."

A BBC spokeswoman confirmed the idea was under discussion, but said it was too early to give any details.

The BBC said the fourth series of The Apprentice, which begins a 12-week run on BBC1 next Wednesday, March 26, was the biggest ever with 20,000 people applying to take part.

Format tweaks for the fourth series include the first international challenge for the 16 wannabe entrepreneurs with a buying trip to Morocco.

"We have given the candidates a few twists and turns to keep them on their toes," BBC controller of entertainment commissioning Elaine Bedell said.

This year's list of candidates has already aroused controversy, with one revealed to be a BBC part time sports reporter.

Four special programmes will also air alongside the main Apprentice series, including a candidate profile show; Why I Fired Them, which will look back on previous candidates who were on the receiving end of Sugar's wrath; The Apprentice: Worst Decisions Ever, featuring candidate cock-ups; and The Apprentice: Motor Mouths, looking back at the best stand-offs.

Adrian Chiles will also return of the BBC2 spin-off, The Apprentice: You're Fired!.

A senior production source said Sugar was expected to return for a fifth series of the main show next year, although the tycoon said he had not yet signed on the dotted line.

Sugar said: "We are in positive discussions about a fifth series."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/mar/18/bbc.realitytv?gusrc=rss&feed=media

Well what do you think about this?

I think it might not be a bad idea

I believe the new series starts tonight at 9pm

looks like there are at least 2 muslims on the show this year...shazia and sara!!...could be wrong about sara but some of the otehr candidates just come across as bordering ego maniacs!!..this show is going to be full of entertainment..Tre was the man last year though!!

I thought the buffoon that got voted out had all sorts of degrees and qualifications ? The idiot couldnt even work out the right price for the fish they were supposed to sell.

the funny thing was when he started talking about arts and culture in the board room, he really dug his own grave their.

the Great Khan said:
looks like there are at least 2 muslims on the show this year...shazia and sara!!...could be wrong about sara but some of the otehr candidates just come across as bordering ego maniacs!!..this show is going to be full of entertainment..Tre was the man last year though!!

hmm sara I don't think so.

shazia's family is supposedly ultra educated but we saw yesterday that doesn't really cut it on apprentice.

suhaib said:
the funny thing was when he started talking about arts and culture in the board room, he really dug his own grave their.
and especially when he said he didnt like football - that was the end for him.

Saj said:

lol Sir Alan's face when he said that...................priceless!! :))

The barrister had all sorts of qualifications and one of them is specific communication, surprisingly he could not talk his way out of it. He looked a lost man.

"Outstading is my middle name" well, it wasn't anywhere near outstanding yesterday.

I found it hilarious when Nic, the Barrister suggested that there was a divide in the team between the educated and those less so and Alex's subsequent priceless reaction. I'm really enjoying this class war unfold and cant wait for the next episode.

I hope this year they have more snakes. They fight each other to get the job, its all about entertainment.

Saqlain_doosra said:
Considering Sir Alan Sugar has a football club.

I think he's already sold his stake in Spurs FC for £25m last year.

Last edited:
Saj said:

True - the guy was going before that cos he was terrible in the task BUT that comment sealed the deal imo.

That Raef guy is so annoying aswell, pompus pr1ck BUT I think for entertainment factor its best he stays in the show for a while longer

Raef is a legend already, hope he stays on till the end, for entertainment at least.

That Sara girl is extremely annoying.

Raz said:
Raef is a legend already, hope he stays on till the end, for entertainment at least.

Legend at what exactly? chatting from his @rse?

The guy is a pr1ck BUT I agree that the show will be better if he stays in it

Geordie Ahmed said:
Legend at what exactly? chatting from his @rse?

The guy is a pr1ck BUT I agree that the show will be better if he stays in it

but it gets boring if all the strong (if detestble) characters leave and you are left with the boring personalities.

dblock said:
but it gets boring if all the strong (if detestble) characters leave and you are left with the boring personalities.

I agree which is why I said I want him to stay for now to keep the show exciting - Im sure he will have a few run ins with others due to his 'pompousity'

Raz said:

Ditto!! :19:

The women were absolute rubbish this week, some of the ideas they came up with, a 24 hour hotline for laundrette :))) :))) :)))

tho all 3 that were in the boardroom were terrible I felt that Jenny should have been fired, she was all over the place.

Also the women candidates are rubbish, I would be surprised if the Apprentice is a woman at the end of it

agree - propa bunch of common wasters.. all argueing like its a girli night in or something..

Imagine OTHER employers looking at this.. i would NEVER hire any of these women, since they were so bicccchy... before going in, it was all stick together.. then once in they all switched on eachother loll :22:

Shazia got bumped this week.. serves her right for disapearing half way thru a task..
On a good note however, the asian girl left is quite an attractive prospect ;-)

Raef is funny.. he always wants to be first, or at the front of the queue, he likes leading.. a bit big headed but still a laugh to watch

Last edited:
the ladys were all jokers, especially on the boardroom when they all started arguing with each other i couldnt stop laughting,

and sir alan is a joker 'hi girls how my pants doing' lol

suhaib said:
the ladys were all jokers, especially on the boardroom when they all started arguing with each other i couldnt stop laughting,

True :))) :))) :)))

A 24hr helpline for a Laundrette :))) :))) :))) :)))

I thought Shazia didnt really stand up for herself in the Boardroom and was shown to be a bit weak in there, whilst the project manager targetted Shazia in front of Alan Sugar and got away with it.

Saj said:
I thought Shazia didnt really stand up for herself in the Boardroom and was shown to be a bit weak in there, whilst the project manager targetted Shazia in front of Alan Sugar and got away with it.

That was true - I was gobsmacked when she just sat there in silence instead of highlighting the errors of the project manager

It was obvious she was fired because the producers wanted to keep the other two in as they hated each other; better viewing & ratings for future programmes. That's why the show is a complete joke now.

She wasn't sharp enough when required, her mistake cost the team £50 fine (let's assume it's all her fault)...even with that the girls would have lost, so it was the project manager who didn't bring enough work to the side.

This should have been the main argument point, and it would be hard to see beyond that mistake.

suhaib said:

You gotta love sir alan, the boardroom scenes are awesome. :14:

dblock said:
She wasn't sharp enough when required, her mistake cost the team £50 fine (let's assume it's all her fault)...even with that the girls would have lost, so it was the project manager who didn't bring enough work to the side.

This should have been the main argument point, and it would be hard to see beyond that mistake.

Yeah I was surprised she didnt argue that her mistake (well that wasnt even her mistake since the project manager gave her the permission to go) cost the side £50 BUT they still would have lost

That Project Manager is so annoying, not quite as bad as Katy last year BUT she is still bad

I got to say the two Asian contestants this year have not been that impressive.

I mean bollywood night, how typical.

dblock said:
I got to say the two Asian contestants this year have not been that impressive.

I mean bollywood night, how typical.
But she won DBlock. I thought it was a poor idea but her lower spending meant that she had more profits.

Ian bites the dust.

anybody else noticed that the asian girl occassionally slips into speaking paklish

Saj said:
But she won DBlock. I thought it was a poor idea but her lower spending meant that she had more profits.

Ian bites the dust.

Yeah fair enough she won, but it had a lot to do with getting marketing freebies (free printing, clothes etc..) and selling tickets which got them £250. In terms of food concept alone, the boys got more sales but in the costing they were clueless.

Actually Saj, as a whole I think these contestants are much poorer than previous years.

Maybe we will see more skills later on.

hussain_0216 said:
where is Reaf from, he dosent seem Asian

Someone told me his name indicates he is of Iranian origin which technically is in Asia (although they prefer the term Persian)

what the xxxx was that body popping bengali all about?

TAK said:
anybody else noticed that the asian girl occassionally slips into speaking paklish

Occassionally? Seems all the time,she has tha typical dumb Brit-Asian accent!

Back