The Ashes | 2nd Test | Adelaide | Day 2 | 4/12/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not ignore the difference in the wickets in England and these ones

I accept that at times during the England series, the wickets were seaming and the ball was also swinging. However, equally there were pitches which were as flat as these one, and even here there was swing for Anderson and Broad. At the end of the day, Asif and Aamer bowled better lines and lengths and got the most out of even the flatter surfaces. Australia have so far totally failed to do that and despite the wicket of Trott, it doesn't change the fact that so far the Aussies have bowled badly. They simply don't have the quality.

Last edited:
pretty ballzy of Ponting to be standing at silly midoff w/o any protection. Beast!

pretty ballzy of Ponting to be standing at silly midoff w/o any protection. Beast!

image-8-for-the-ashes-fifth-test-day-3-gallery-278714534.jpg

Today was spent trailing, tomorrow will be spent assaulting. And then day 4 and 5 will be enough to bring the aussies to their knees, if they rnt already.

Can the aussies play the innings of their life to draw?

England looking good for a win...
Now, they need to press for a more than 300 lead...Peterson also coming into his groove..
Go England Go..

A 300 lead wont be enoigh if aussies r to bat 2 days. A lead of 400+ is essential to win. And if aussies r to get 1 1/2 day to bat i think theyll be pushing for a draw then.

Pietersen looking decent. Today is his day to get a ton as well. At this point anyone can come and get a ton against this bowling attack.

"Is this the same Cook who miserably failed in England against Asif/Amir and co. and was on the brink of being dropped from the squad?" Apparently so, Eliya Abbas.

:)))

If you're an Aussie the weather forecast for the remaining three days will give you some hope of possible draw (if it rains enough) :D

Before series Aussies were wondering how would they take 20 wickets and now they are wondering how they will take 10 wickets.

This bowling lineup is pathetic. Aussies need to put 9 men on one side and keep bowling their to stop runs and go for draw.

If you're an Aussie the weather forecast for the remaining three days will give you some hope of possible draw (if it rains enough) :D

Weather looks good for Aussies on last two days. This match is going to be a draw too

Lol at Aussie bowlers. Why the hell Hilfy was dropped from the squad.

NZ batting and Oz bowling would make a good contest(looking at their respective performance in the ongoing matches)!!

The aussies just don't have the same talent of cricketers on their side anymore, It happened to west indies and now were seeing it happen all over again. I think the fans realise it too, The barmy army have practically invaded the entire proceedings.

Last edited:
Peterson scoring freely now...England on course...
Really feel sad for Aussies now..They ain't got any clue...
England should not lose any wickets now...264/2 .They should pass the 300 mark by EOD..

Aussies getting smacked around...
I think its safe to say that they should expect a lead of 150-200 at least...:(

Pietersen wants his century today. And cook looking for a double ton again

Ricky, you gotta try something different mate!
Get Hussey or Katich a couple of overs! Maybe give North a longer spell...

This match is rapidly getting out of reach! If they get to 500, they will fancy getting all 10 Aussies wickets and with Anderson in very good form and Swann looking to get better, it would be a carnage!

good to see north giving flight to the ball, but hes needs to try pace variation.

I think Ponting is just waiting for the new ball....:facepalm:

Leaving it on tmrw?

I would have liked to see another wicket go down.....:(

Day 5 looks like a washout. Gives us 200 overs to win the match. Should be okay.

Man, this is pretty crap from aus, I mean even Pakistan had KP and Cook under control easily :p
^If Whippy is right and day 5 is a washout, I think it's not gonna be that easy for Eng to win. the pitch has really flattened out and it really depends on Swann and how much spin he can get (North is getting some decent turn and bounce). That being said I'm pretty sure Eng would want to bat two more sessions atleast tomorrow, leaving 4 sessions for the Aussies to bat to get a draw.

Doherty and Bolly have been pathetic. the PP wizards predicted that Bolly would really make the difference and run through us in this test :))

Shane Warne reckons that Katich and Clarke haven't bowled because they're injured. 100% fully fit Australia squad my foot.

These threads seem to have less activity every time, and England seem to be getting better every day, coincidence? The glory hunters and England haters seem to have gone back to their holes for now.

Regardless of what happens, this is KP's best innings in about a million years. He looked dominant at the Gabba too, if lazy. Maybe he is back?

Ur right whippy. Whats there to celebrate as an aussie fan. Tough luck, even my sec fav team are losers.

The aussies just don't have the same talent of cricketers on their side anymore, It happened to west indies and now were seeing it happen all over again. I think the fans realise it too, The barmy army have practically invaded the entire proceedings.

God, I hate the Barmy Army.

My Moment of the Match .....:D:D

Anderson to Ponting, OUT, 134.6 kph, Anderson strikes this time! Two in two! Ponting has gone! Classic outswing bowling, full, drew Ponting into that lunged drive he can play early in his innings, nicked the edge and flew low to Swann at second slip who gleefully took the chance

RT Ponting c Swann b Anderson 0 (1m 1b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0.00

....:D

Congrats Cook another 100.....really very underrated .....

Which bowling lineup is worse? Indians or Aussies

Which batting line up is worse? Aussies or the Kiwis? Really it was not 245 pitch, the Aussies digged the hole for themselves, their batsmen are to be blamed here..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back