The Ashes | 2nd Test | Adelaide | Day 2 | 4/12/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to bring the spinner on now. Watson has been extremely negative with his line. :moyoesque tactics.

He's had several injuries though. More of a line and length bowler now but he's been rubbish this series. England tend to play him easily. :arafat

yeah , he was successful in england because you don't need pace there . You just have to bowl at good areas with seam upright !

why are Australia bringing on their second spinner instead of letting their frontline spinner have a crack first?

yeah , he was successful in england because you don't need pace there . You just have to bowl at good areas with seam upright !

True but he was more accurate in England. Today he has been well wide, swinging it wider.

These two are making it look easy right now. Look good for another mammoth stand. Australia need to regroup after lunch and should really take a wicket before the break.

:warne loves every Aus spinner that has come into the team after him lol. Even Hauritz... and Smith.

Smith.

:))

Good pace at 142 ks but way too wide. Pretty average bowling.

Australia missed 2 chances to get rid of Trott.

Cook hasn't looked like getting out.

England should target 500. Wicket is very flat once you see off that new ball.

:warne loves every Aus spinner that has come into the team after him lol. Even Hauritz... and Smith.

Smith.

:))
Australia should have gone with Smith. It was the obvious choice for me. The Aussies have to accept they ain't going to win tests with spin anymore. They need a spinner in the team, but they can't expect him to be a world beater. Especially after just a few tests.

Steven Smith played two tests and has a bowling average of 27.33. He didn't deserve to be dropped. Maybe he didn't look spectacular out there but he was ok.

The big advantage Smith has is his batting ability. He has a first class average over 40. He's basically another batsman they can add to their team. It would bolster their batting line up considerably.

These domestic spinners that average over 40/50 domestically aren't going to set the world alight internationally. That't the big difference between warne and the rest. Warne averaged in the twenties domestically. No wonder he was a success in tests. Australia are somehow hoping these spinners who fail to take wickets in domestic cricket somehow take wickets by torrents in the harder international stage. It just doesn't work like that.

No, he was smacked about badly in the warmups and scored a duck in the second innings. Australia don't tend to invest in youth like Pakistan. He was really made to look like a part timer by Ian Bell.

I would have dropped North for White (who can bowl leg breaks if needed) and maybe kept Hilfenhaus for Xavier who averages 40+ in FC cricket. :facepalm:

LOL, Australia in huge huge huge trouble

No, he was smacked about badly in the warmups and scored a duck in the second innings. Australia don't tend to invest in youth like Pakistan. He was really made to look like a part timer by Ian Bell.

I would have dropped North for White (who can bowl leg breaks if needed) and maybe kept Hilfenhaus for Xavier who averages 40+ in FC cricket. :facepalm:

He hasn't bowled in an international match for a year now I think

You can't really consider white as a bowler at all anymore

Hes a genuine batsman

Going to sleep. Pakistan is heartbreaking ennough, cant watch my sec fav team get the same treatment from the englichmen!

He hasn't bowled in an international match for a year now I think

You can't really consider white as a bowler at all anymore

Hes a genuine batsman

Yep, basically a batsman. However, the reason he hasn't bowled much in internationals is because he plays LOIs and his bowling there gets hammered. He can still do a North like job in tests if he practices his bowling a bit, was a quality spinner at U19 level.

To repeat once again, Australia just do not have a potent enough attack to run through England consistently. They managed it once in the first game thanks to Siddle's individual performance but their unit is very workman like.

woah this boring! It's like watching in sub-continent with better grounds. Doesn't even look like they will get wickets.

Siddle to Cook, no run, wonderful challenge by Cook and it has paid off, short delivery, rears up on him, he goes for the pull but it is a little too close to him, the ball brushes the shirt and the shoulder and goes to the keeper, the Umpire gives it out but replays show that there was no bat, great stuff from Cook and Ponting is distraught, he has a word with the umpire

Lol Pwnting

Just shows you the quality of our lost generation of bowlers (Aamir and Asif) - England made some runs against us but it was never this bad. Cook, who admittedly did score a century against us, never looked this utterly menacing and for most of the series, was struggling like mad. That century even had a whole number of lucky chances. Heck at one point I remember a discussion in the Sky Commentary Team about the possibility of dropping Cook and accommodating both Bell and Morgan. Who was to know that the Aussies would be this horrifically bad?

He might as well come out of retirement and teach the pommies a lesson again.

If I was an Aussie, I would be begging the man to come back! He still plays IPL cricket and how much strain could spin bowling be? He certainly wouldn't be the most unfit around. I have rarely seen an Australian attack this weak. I mean Doherty, is this supposed to be some joke? Hafeez is a better spinner.

Why doesn't punter gives Krapich a chance to bowl? I rate Krapich higher then all the current spinners they have:|

Just shows you the quality of our lost generation of bowlers (Aamir and Asif) - England made some runs against us but it was never this bad. Cook, who admittedly did score a century against us, never looked this utterly menacing and for most of the series, was struggling like mad. That century even had a whole number of lucky chances. Heck at one point I remember a discussion in the Sky Commentary Team about the possibility of dropping Cook and accommodating both Bell and Morgan. Who was to know that the Aussies would be this horrifically bad?

Even strauss struggled against asif nd amir. Pretty much the whole batting line up did.

I hate it that im supporting the aussies. Can i not be on the winning side for once? :(

LOL. Missed run out chance by Doherty. Catch dropped by Hussey and now Haddin.

Oi Oi Aussie

Let's not ignore the difference in the wickets in England and these ones

Duck for Pieterson anybody?

Edit: lol didn't work but he is not crossing 10 runs. I just heard from some bookie ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back