The Misbah-ul-Haq Captaincy Analysis Thread

Ironcat is losing it. Sight to see!

Anyone else notice a pattern with Misbots here?

When Misbah was so called performing as a captain in ODIs, T20, and Tests, Misbots would include stats from all spheres of formats to bolster the Misbah myth. The sphere of statistics is proportional to Misbah's wins which means as defeats occur the sphere of stats decreases.

We are now at a stage where ODIs do not matter, neither do T20s, but the new tactic is to inflate Misbah's myth by promoting Minnows to Non Minnow status in the space of 3 matches, by claiming draws are equally important to wins, and to top it off, a 1-0 scoreline is a Whitewash!

Soon there will be no sphere because the Misbah bubble will pop.
You have been schooled. AGAIN in this thread.

Which is why you are now making things up like no tomorrow.:))

Be careful with that bucket next time:

cow_21.jpg

Agreed. Not to mention the rain, which bailed the Lankans out in the second test.

The excuses are pouring out now.

Funny, when Misbah loses, Misbots place the entire blame on rain or the Umpires, or other players, or even the news but never his captaincy; but when Misbah wins, then entire credit goes to Misbah.

Tsk Tsk.

The excuses are pouring out now.

Funny, when Misbah loses, Misbots place the entire blame on rain or the Umpires, or other players, or even the news but never his captaincy; but when Misbah wins, then entire credit goes to Misbah.

Tsk Tsk.
Excuses for what? For not losing? Height of dumb logic.:))

Another pathetic post.

Pakistan were losing tests without Misbah, and Misbah made sure it didn't happen. No one else in the past could do so.

If the rain hadn't intervened in the series, the results might have been different.

As for Zimbos and BD, yawn. Go bump that thread so I can school you more.

I think you should've been given an award for avoiding the question.

"The best thing" just doesn't avoid losses, but provides wins in difficult situations as well. A perfect opportunity would've been to prevent Pakistan from losing the series.

*sigh*

You have been schooled. AGAIN in this thread.

Which is why you are now making things up like no tomorrow.:))

Be careful with that bucket next time:

cow_21.jpg

Making things up? Awww bless, is this your new line of defense?

No one is taking you seriously anymore given your claim Zim and Bang are non minnows.

You are getting played like a cheap $5 fiddle right now.

Fo'Giggles.

Carry on.

:)

I think you should've been given an award for avoiding the question.

"The best thing" just doesn't avoid losses, but provides wins in difficult situations as well. A perfect opportunity would've been to prevent Pakistan from losing the series.

*sigh*
That's YOUR definition of "best thing". A logical person's definition is that it is better than the rest. Simples.

Agreed. Not to mention the rain, which bailed the Lankans out in the second test.

Bailed out in what way?

And would've should've could've. "Yawn, why don't we actually look at the results".

That's YOUR definition of "best thing". A logical person's definition is that it is better than the rest. Simples.

Back to pedantry for Ironcat.

Funny how you NEVER post his definitions.

All made up on the fly.

Last edited:

Yeah, let's put Misbah on a pedestal by comparing him to Hafeez's captaincy :)))

Making things up? Awww bless, is this your new line of defense?

No one is taking you seriously anymore given your claim Zim and Bang are non minnows.

You are getting played like a cheap $5 fiddle right now.

Fo'Giggles.

Carry on.

Yawn. Keep making things up.

Meanwhile, here are a couple of more venues to channel your liquids through:
uFuA7QjEQbU.gif

Yawn. Keep making things up.

Ironcat is Gold.

Yesterday he crumbled when asked to define Minnows and insisted I check another thread, now today he is saying I am making stuff up.

Now go bump that Misbah thread before I cite you to oblivion.

Ironcat is Gold.

Yesterday he crumbled when asked to define Minnows and insisted I check another thread, now today he is saying I am making stuff up.

Now go bump that Misbah thread before I cite you to oblivion.
LOL. You are not making things up today. You make it up in every post.

Meanwhile, despite all your slime and goo, you are yet to give us a definition of "minnows". Moo'ing is getting louder.

Meanwhile, check out my post in this thread that gives you the W-L including and excluding your favorite mother homes (ZIM and BD).

Meanwhile, look up the definition of the word "best".

On the run now, but later in the day, I will be back to give you another spanking. And this time, it will happen in that other thread.

So you do not apply the same logic on quality to the quality of Misbah's Test opponents as captain? What a joke. HA-HA funny.

South Africa - DRAW
New Zealand - WIN
West Indies - DRAW
Zimbabwe - WIN
Sri Lanka - WIN
Bangladesh - WIN
England - WIN
Sri Lanka - LOSS

Oh, Zimbabwe and Bangladesh are heavyweights, and NOT Minnows, no wait, you already know this.

The South Africa series Draw: A draw in this series was a big achievement for Misbah, Pakistan and everyone else. Pakistan was at his all time low. After what had happpened against ENgland, teams confidence was low, so much security, players felt uneasy, curfews, and over the top, little fan support, all the fans agaisnt Pakistan. Plus Misbah was making his return to the team after some 6-8 months. He was discarded from the team before, and plus he was made captain(good decision by Ijazz Butt)People critisized his inclusion as well as making him captain. Also, the whole squad was new. Wahab and Tanvir Ahmed being new bowlers, Taufeeq and Hafeez making a come back, Azhar ALi and Shafiq new players aswell as the wicket keeper....

So a totalchange was bought in the team, and no one was even expecting a draw. Everyone thought it would be a series win for SOuth Africa. Most probably 2-0 or 3-0. BUt Pakistan fought good in that test, they drew that test and thats when Misbah's regime started.

Quaid-E-Misbah! :misbah

Not to forget, at that time SOUTH AFRICA WAS THE WORLDS no.2 TEST TEAM! Big achievement for Pakistan.

-----------------------------

The New Zealand Win: THis was Pakistan's first test win in 1-2 years gap(not sure about the exact number) THis was also an achievement as people still remember about what happened in England, and plus we hadn't win a test seires for quite a long time.You can call New Zealand a minnow here but Pakistan was also a minnow in this series, aswell as in the SOuth Africa series. This record was breaken and a new record had already started.

Naareee Misbah! :misbah

The West Indies Draw: Though, we won the second test, but what happened in the first test was just poor stuff from the batting line up. Misbah's bowlers did a good job, but our batting failed to do anything. Taufeeq umar, azhar ali, hafeez were all terrible....

Also another thing was the poor squad selection. Tanvir AHmed had been dropped aswell as Adnan AKmal. THe pace bowlers failed to do anything in this test game, tanvir Ahmeds presence could had made a difference, jsut how it did in NEw Zealand. THere was also no reason to drop Adnan Akmal who was performing quite good.

But still, good captaincy by Misbah, was able to get our team back into the game with the good bowling selection.

West Indies are also no minnow, don't know why people considered them to be minnow, when the fact is they are not. Afridi lost 2 odis agaisnt them, din't see the minnow tag there.

Mard-E-Chakka! :misbah

---------------------------------
The Zimbabwe win: Yes, this was a win against minnow, but I think many of you forgetting what happened in this test.... Zimbabwe were playing test cricket again after a few years, and they ended up making 413.. ANd what happened after that was also Pakistani fans on Pakpassion were worried, and feared a defeat. They were even scared of Jarvis and Vitori taking our line up out. But with the good batting and good captaincy of Misbah, in reply, Pakistan made 466 after that, Pakistan got zimbabwe all out for 141 and we ended up chasing a target of 88 easily.

So at the end, it might be a game against a Minnow, but that Minnow played good cricket, and made 413 runs that day in one innings. And as i remember everyone here on Pakpassion were fearing a defeat, but captain Misbah secured a win, and is a big achievement..

Had Pakistan lsot this test or drawed it, people would had critisized Misbah and would had asked misbah to be dropped..

This was a big win, as even after ZImbabwe posted 413 in the first innings, Pakistan was able to win the test match. One should look at the pressure the players must be in, of the fear of losing to a minnow, But Misbah kept the guys cool and won that game calmly

Cool and Calm Misbah! :misbah

---------------------

The win against Sri Lanka: Now Sri Lanka offcource are not a minnow, so don't know why should one not think that Misbah doesn't deserve credit for this win. This was a good win. Pakistan played very good cricket here. They posted 515 in the first test in the first innings, though two of the games ended in a draw, while we won one of the game.

This series win was due to both good batting and bowling of Pakistan. One might argue that Pakistan were playing on flat pitches, but lets not forget that on the same flat pitch, Pakistan took 20 wickets against Sri Lanka and defeated them nicely.

After the second test win, Rameez Raja went on to said that Pakistan had the best bowling combination.

List of Accolades Misbah got that year(taken by BoomBoom786)

ICC cricketer of the year nominee 2011 (only Pakistan player)

ICC test cricketer of the year nominee 2011

‘The Cricketer’ Overseas test cricketer of the year 2011

‘The Cricketer’ Captain of Test XI of the year 2011

Rob Steen’s (ESPN journalist) 1 of the 5 men of the year for Cricket 2011

Scyld Berry (Wisden Editor) named him as the most important player of the year 2011

ESPN Cricinfo Batsmen of the Year 2011

ESPN Cricinfo Most Consistent Test Batsmen 2011

Voted by several media sources as the Pakistan Cricketer of the year 2011

Mard-E-Haq! :misbah

----------------------------------

The win against Bangladesh: This offcource was a win agaisnt minnow, and offcource this was one of the easies wins under Misbah. Though, in the first test, Bangladesh was able to put 300+ in there first innings, and i remember how some ppers got worried, but at the end Misbah secured and easy win in this series.

But one more thing to note, was the number of nominations Misbah got at the end of 2011. He even got the nomination of ICC Cricketer of the year. A nomination that no Pakistani batsmen got that year.

Apna Sher Dil! :misbah

-------------------
The England series win: This offcourse was one of the best wins that came under Misbah's cap. The first Pakistani captain to whitewash England in tests. He led Pakistan very good in all the tests. No one, even me, thought that Pakistan would whitewash England 3-0. But the best win was the second test, where we had lost the game, but Misbah's captaincy played a big role there and made some good bowling changes and secured the best test win ever for Pakistan...

Now many haters, often talk about the fact that bowlers won us the match and Misbah did nothing(THey clearly don't understand how captains encouragement and bowling changes makes a difference here)
Had Misbah not give the ball to Rehman or Ajmal to bowl, then these same fans would critisize Misbah for being a bad captain! WHy? Because he din't give any over to rehman and Ajmal. ANd same thing when a bowler gets hit for runs, people critisize Misbah... WHy? Because he gave them the over to bowl...

But when Misbah gives an over to a bowler who takes wicekts and wins the game, people then don't look at the fact that Misbah giving that bowler the over, they instead only congratulate the bowler, and when that bowler performs bad, they critisize Misbah for it. A good example is this England test and SRi Lankan 2012 test...

Misbah-Ul-Haq :misbah

-------------------------
The Sri Lanka Test Draw under Misbah: Now offcource, Misbah wasn't there in the first Test, cause of the ban imposed on him and Pakistan lost. So that showed how his presences makes a big difference. His captaincy and his batting offcource. But still Misbah was able to draw the other two Test. Cause of Mohammad Hafeez, Pakistans unbeaten Record finally ended, which started off from South AFrica, when Misbah first started. Though Misbah is still undefeated in series as captain ;).

Pakistan made a record of winning a test series after 1-2years, which was agaisnt New Zealand in 2010-2011, and then they made a record of staying unbeaten for 2 and half years.

Mard-e-Haq

ON Paper, they might look as easy wins under the captaincy of Misbah, but one has to look at the hihglights and score cards and understand them... Its easy to say after 1-2 years that, oh ZImbabwe is a minnow, Pakistan won easily, but i remember how many people, and no doubt Namak Halal and many other haters were worried that we would lost that test match agaisnt Zimbabwe...

As said by BoomBoom786:

Before Misbah was captain:-
Pakistan lost 10 out of their last 15 tests
They had lost 6 out of their last 9 series with no series win

Since Misbah has been captain:-
Pakistan have only lost 1 in their last 15 tests
They have won 5 out of their last 7 series with none lost

In both sets of 15 tests Pakistan played against Sri Lanka, New Zealand & England away from home. This is the difference Misbah has made to the fate of Pakistan Cricket in the format which matters most for the pure cricket fans & always will matter the most.

Also, tell me one thing, in how many controversies was Pakistan involve during Misbah's tenure? NONE!

But who cares what we say, one should ask what the players think about Misbah. And they all have good words. Here's a quote by Pakistani Test Legend, Younis Khan
"Of all the captains I have played under, I rate him(Misbah) really high"-Younis Khan

Younis Khan, a player who has played under alot of Captains and played 300+ games, rates Misbah really high!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
LOL. You are not making things up today. You make it up in every post.

You asked for it.

Folks, it starts from here:

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showpost.php?p=4903857&postcount=648

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showpost.php?p=4903865&postcount=649

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showpost.php?p=4903887&postcount=650

Originally Posted by Inziquicksingle
Bilal7, do you agree with Ironcat when he says Bangladesh are not minnows?

Originally Posted by Ironcat

Let's see.

You are looking at W/L of Misbah, and you want to leave BD out.

We played Asia Cup. We leave out BD from the list, who were the Asia Cup finalists and include someone who couldn't even make it to the finals of that same championship and were beaten by BD.

Meaning, you want to count our loss from the league stages of that championship, but ignore the win from the finals.

Does this make any sense at all?

Then, when Ironcat was asked to define Minnnows, he failed spectacularly:

Sorry, your definition of minnows got busted in broad daylight. If you want them now to prove by winning a world cup, please go back and revise your post.

Now for the best part, when the pressure got to Ironcat, here was his defintion of Minnows:

Definition of MINNOW

a : a small cyprinid, killifish, or topminnow
b : any of various small fish that are less than a designated size and are not game fish
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/minnow

I then ask if Zimbabwe and Bangladesh are game fish according to his defintion of Minnows:

DRUM ROLL . . . . . .

LOL, you need to handle post # 741 and its predecessors before going any farther. Your Masters in running away in only second to your PhD in "quality over quantity".

- I gave you my definition of "minnow" above.
- There's life between "too serious" and "joking". Did you know that?
- Define minnows and I'll tell you whether they are or aren't based on that definition. Based on my definition above, they aren't a fish, so not a minnow.

Now you all understand why Ironcat cannot provide a defintion of Minnows on his own, but must depend on others.

The most hilarious aspect of this is Ironcat was using ZIM/BANG to inflate Misbah's ODI record, a format which Ironcat believes is useless! :facepalm:

Tsk Tsk.

Meanwhile, despite all your slime and goo, you are yet to give us a definition of "minnows". Moo'ing is getting louder.

Meanwhile, check out my post in this thread that gives you the W-L including and excluding your favorite mother homes (ZIM and BD).

Meanwhile, look up the definition of the word "best".

On the run now, but later in the day, I will be back to give you another spanking. And this time, it will happen in that other thread.

Blah blah blah.

See above.

Grow up and stop lying for the sake of a myth.

*pats head*

Last edited:
The South Africa series Draw: A draw in this series was a big achievement for Misbah, Pakistan and everyone else. Pakistan was at his all time low. After what had happpened against ENgland, teams confidence was low, so much security, players felt uneasy, curfews, and over the top, little fan support, all the fans agaisnt Pakistan. Plus Misbah was making his return to the team after some 6-8 months. He was discarded from the team before, and plus he was made captain(good decision by Ijazz Butt)People critisized his inclusion as well as making him captain. Also, the whole squad was new. Wahab and Tanvir Ahmed being new bowlers, Taufeeq and Hafeez making a come back, Azhar ALi and Shafiq new players aswell as the wicket keeper....

So a totalchange was bought in the team, and no one was even expecting a draw. Everyone thought it would be a series win for SOuth Africa. Most probably 2-0 or 3-0. BUt Pakistan fought good in that test, they drew that test and thats when Misbah's regime started.

Quaid-E-Misbah! :misbah

Not to forget, at that time SOUTH AFRICA WAS THE WORLDS no.2 TEST TEAM! Big achievement for Pakistan.

The New Zealand Win: THis was Pakistan's first test win in 1-2 years gap(not sure about the exact number) THis was also an achievement as people still remember about what happened in England, and plus we hadn't win a test seires for quite a long time.You can call New Zealand a minnow here but Pakistan was also a minnow in this series, aswell as in the SOuth Africa series. This record was breaken and a new record had already started.

Naareee Misbah! :misbah

The West Indies Draw: Though, we won the second test, but what happened in the first test was just poor stuff from the batting line up. Misbah's bowlers did a good job, but our batting failed to do anything. Taufeeq umar, azhar ali, hafeez were all terrible....

Also another thing was the poor squad selection. Tanvir AHmed had been dropped aswell as Adnan AKmal. THe pace bowlers failed to do anything in this test game, tanvir Ahmeds presence could had made a difference, jsut how it did in NEw Zealand. THere was also no reason to drop Adnan Akmal who was performing quite good.

But still, good captaincy by Misbah, was able to get our team back into the game with the good bowling selection.

West Indies are also no minnow, don't know why people considered them to be minnow, when the fact is they are not. Afridi lost 2 odis agaisnt them, din't see the minnow tag there.

Mard-E-Chakka! :misbah

---------------------------------
The Zimbabwe win: Yes, this was a win against minnow, but I think many of you forgetting what happened in this test.... Zimbabwe were playing test cricket again after a few years, and they ended up making 413.. ANd what happened after that was also Pakistani fans on Pakpassion were worried, and feared a defeat. They were even scared of Jarvis and Vitori taking our line up out. But with the good batting and good captaincy of Misbah, in reply, Pakistan made 466 after that, Pakistan got zimbabwe all out for 141 and we ended up chasing a target of 88 easily.

So at the end, it might be a game against a Minnow, but that Minnow played good cricket, and made 413 runs that day in one innings. And as i remember everyone here on Pakpassion were fearing a defeat, but captain Misbah secured a win, and is a big achievement..

Had Pakistan lsot this test or drawed it, people would had critisized Misbah and would had asked misbah to be dropped..

This was a big win, as even after ZImbabwe posted 413 in the first innings, Pakistan was able to win the test match. One should look at the pressure the players must be in, of the fear of losing to a minnow, But Misbah kept the guys cool and won that game calmly

Cool and Calm Misbah! :misbah

---------------------

The win against Sri Lanka: Now Sri Lanka offcource are not a minnow, so don't know why should one not think that Misbah doesn't deserve credit for this win. This was a good win. Pakistan played very good cricket here. They posted 515 in the first test in the first innings, though two of the games ended in a draw, while we won one of the game.

This series win was due to both good batting and bowling of Pakistan. One might argue that Pakistan were playing on flat pitches, but lets not forget that on the same flat pitch, Pakistan took 20 wickets against Sri Lanka and defeated them nicely.

After the second test win, Rameez Raja went on to said that Pakistan had the best bowling combination.

List of Accolades Misbah got that year(taken by BoomBoom786)

ICC cricketer of the year nominee 2011 (only Pakistan player)

ICC test cricketer of the year nominee 2011

‘The Cricketer’ Overseas test cricketer of the year 2011

‘The Cricketer’ Captain of Test XI of the year 2011

Rob Steen’s (ESPN journalist) 1 of the 5 men of the year for Cricket 2011

Scyld Berry (Wisden Editor) named him as the most important player of the year 2011

ESPN Cricinfo Batsmen of the Year 2011

ESPN Cricinfo Most Consistent Test Batsmen 2011

Voted by several media sources as the Pakistan Cricketer of the year 2011

Mard-E-Haq! :misbah

----------------------------------

The win against Bangladesh: This offcource was a win agaisnt minnow, and offcource this was one of the easies wins under Misbah. Though, in the first test, Bangladesh was able to put 300+ in there first innings, and i remember how some ppers got worried, but at the end Misbah secured and easy win in this series.

But one more thing to note, was the number of nominations Misbah got at the end of 2011. He even got the nomination of ICC Cricketer of the year. A nomination that no Pakistani batsmen got that year.

Apna Sher Dil! :misbah

-------------------
The England series win: This offcourse was one of the best wins that came under Misbah's cap. The first Pakistani captain to whitewash England in tests. He led Pakistan very good in all the tests. No one, even me, thought that Pakistan would whitewash England 3-0. But the best win was the second test, where we had lost the game, but Misbah's captaincy played a big role there and made some good bowling changes and secured the best test win ever for Pakistan...

Now many haters, often talk about the fact that bowlers won us the match and Misbah did nothing(THey clearly don't understand how captains encouragement and bowling changes makes a difference here)
Had Misbah not give the ball to Rehman or Ajmal to bowl, then these same fans would critisize Misbah for being a bad captain! WHy? Because he din't give any over to rehman and Ajmal. ANd same thing when a bowler gets hit for runs, people critisize Misbah... WHy? Because he gave them the over to bowl...

But when Misbah gives an over to a bowler who takes wicekts and wins the game, people then don't look at the fact that Misbah giving that bowler the over, they instead only congratulate the bowler, and when that bowler performs bad, they critisize Misbah for it. A good example is this England test and SRi Lankan 2012 test...

-------------------------
The Sri Lanka Test Draw under Misbah: Now offcource, Misbah wasn't there in the first Test, cause of the ban imposed on him and Pakistan lost. So that showed how his presences makes a big difference. His captaincy and his batting offcource. But still Misbah was able to draw the other two Test. Cause of Mohammad Hafeez, Pakistans unbeaten Record finally ended, which started off from South AFrica, when Misbah first started. Though Misbah is still undefeated in series as captain ;).

Pakistan made a record of winning a test series after 1-2years, which was agaisnt New Zealand in 2010-2011, and then they made a record of staying unbeaten for 2 and half years.

Mard-e-Haq

Jackanory.

What a sad defence.

Nothing you have posted changes the quality of Misbah's opponents no matter how hard you try to sugar coat the truth.

Misbah's tenure as Test Captain includes just 1 quality win Vs. England, and even then he played a very little role.

You too have been busted by your own words.

Misbots crumbling!

:))) SO wait, NZ, Sri Lanka are useless teams. You don't even remember the ZImbabwe game..... You don't even care about that Draw against South AFrica, Pakistan was in its lowest form at that time..

Never knew Nz, Sri lanka and West Indies are uesless teams... If i remember quite correctly, no one called West Indies useless when Afridi beat them in odis.....

Oh well, Haters gona Hate

:))) SO wait, NZ, Sri Lanka are useless teams. You don't even remember the ZImbabwe game..... You don't even care about that Draw against South AFrica, Pakistan was in its lowest form at that time..

Never knew Nz, Sri lanka and West Indies are uesless teams... If i remember quite correctly, no one called West Indies useless when Afridi beat them in odis.....

Oh well, Haters gona Hate

Who claimed they were useless? We are talking about whether Misbah faced a quality line up. QUALITY - Your word not mine. Zimbabwe, Bangladesh, NZ, and WI are not quality in any sense of the word. SL, mediocre.

Of course Minnows are not useless; they are useful when pumping stats – observed by Misbots who claim BANG/ZIM are not Minnows for the sake of inflating stats.

Deary me.

Who claimed they were useless? We are talking about whether Misbah faced a quality line up. QUALITY - Your word not mine. Zimbabwe, Bangladesh, NZ, and WI are not quality in any sense of the word. SL, mediocre.

Of course Minnows are not useless; they are useful when pumping stats – observed by Misbots who claim BANG/ZIM are not Minnows for the sake of inflating stats.

Deary me.

lol, Nz and Sri Lanka are not quality line up?... You must be sad at the fact that under Misbahs captaincy we white washed ENgland.

Sri Lanka lost to hafeez's team and could defeat Misbah's team in the last 5 test games....

Ok fair enough, We have only played 1 quality team right?

The Quality team that we faced we hammered.

100% record against your 'quality' teams.

Not Misbahs fault he hasn't face the Aussies isit :))

lol, Nz and Sri Lanka are not quality line up?... You must be sad at the fact that under Misbahs captaincy we white washed ENgland.

Sri Lanka lost to hafeez's team and could defeat Misbah's team in the last 5 test games....

Yaar he is acting like its Misbahs fault that we haven't face teams that conform to his idea of 'quality'

We were victorious against the teams that the FTP put infront of us.

What do these guys want? For Misbah to launch the cricketing equivalent of Ghazwa-E-Hind and demand to play against 'quality' teams?

Ok fair enough, We have only played 1 quality team right?

The Quality team that we faced we hammered.

100% record against your 'quality' teams.

Not Misbahs fault he hasn't face the Aussies isit :))

:))) :))) +1 Dint lose a single test to a quality team:ajmal

Still, Namak Halal and many haters put it as, ENgland are the only QUality team while all other teams are medicore teams.... WHy? Because Misbah defeated them..

Sooner or later, Even England won't be a quality team for them

I was over the moon because the Whitewash confirmed Misbah's captaincy was not the reason we won 3-0 (how could it be given with the same captain we lost 4-0 against ENG ODI in the same series!) Alas! You rather not talk about ODIs.

I heard Misbots had a Whitewash party when Pakistan beat Zimbabwe and Bangladesh 1-0 and 2-0 respectively. Did you attend?

Real heavyweights.

I was over the moon because the Whitewash confirmed Misbah's captaincy was not the reason we won 3-0 (how could it be given with the same captain we lost 4-0 against ENG ODI in the same series!) Alas! You rather not talk about ODIs.

I heard Misbots had a Whitewash party when Pakistan beat Zimbabwe and Bangladesh 1-0 and 2-0 respectively. Did you attend?

Real heavyweights.

We lost that odi series due to weak batting. FUnny thing was that Misbah had the hihgest average in that Odi series amongest Pakistanis.

Yaar he is acting like its Misbahs fault that we haven't face teams that conform to his idea of 'quality'

Wrong.

It's Misbots acting like Misbah is the saviour based on one quality team result in one format, when the rest of us are saying we should measure Misbah's captaincy after a decent run of quality opponents.

As for confirming to ideas. What was it you said about backing Pakistani players and the captain in THIS thread?

Now we read this:

Originally Posted by DeadlyVenom
Not giving Sami the ball is perhaps the most attacking move Misbah has made in his career.

Giving that loser the ball means certain defeat.

Calling other Pakistani players 'losers' is acceptable to you but when Misbah is in the firing line we should agree to disagree ey?

Charming.

PS: It's best I do not go into Misbah is ranked along side Khan et al . . .

We lost that odi series due to weak batting. FUnny thing was that Misbah had the hihgest average in that Odi series amongest Pakistanis.

No it was not. It was lost because Misbah - your messiah - thought it would be a good idea to use 4 spinners by recalling Shoaib Malik. Thinking Test tactics will work a treat in ODIs. What a joke. What a captain.

Embarrassing I know.

Last edited:
so wait let me get this straight

whenever Afridi performs or wins us matches against Srilanka, these misbah fans say they are minnows.... but whenever Misbah does well against them they say they are a top side? lol

two face people

Calling other Pakistani players 'losers' is acceptable to you but when Misbah is in the firing line we should agree to disagree ey?

Charming.

PS: It's best I do not go into Misbah is ranked along side Khan et al . . .

Feel free to back Sami. I would rather he didn't play. He is a loser and pathetic player. His performances show this.

:facepalm: if you make a comparison between Misbah and Sami.

There you go with the Misbah Imran khan lie again :facepalm:

Last edited:

We were victorious against the teams that the FTP put infront of us.

What do these guys want? For Misbah to launch the cricketing equivalent of Ghazwa-E-Hind and demand to play against 'quality' teams?

But one also has to look at the situation Pakistan was in when they won against those teams. On paper they look like simle wins and draws, but haters don't want to to understand the whole thing which i posted above in reply to Namak halals win lose post......

And accoridng to Namak Halal, Sri Lanka are not a quality team. Oh well that same medicore team was able to beat Pakistan under Hafeezs captaincy but not Misbah(according to NH) in his 5 games against them :misbah. Also Hafeez is the so called replacement for Misbah:zaka

No it was not. It was lost because Misbah - your messiah - thought it would be a good idea to use 4 spinners by recalling Shoaib Malik. Thinking Test tactics will work a treat in ODIs. What a joke. What a captain.

Embarrassing I know.

:))) :))) :))) :))) SO the whole reason we lost the WHOLE series was cause of the inclusion of Malik....

Yar NH, you never fail to impress :)))

and one could understand why Misbah did that. He knew ENgland had problems with Spin, and thought If Malik would be added, it would help us with his spin and also his ability to bat. But at the end, Malik performed bad..

Last edited:
Misbahs stats against quality teams (Saffers and English)

5 Matches 3 wins 2 Draws 0 Losses

Average of 57.14 with 5 50's in 9 innings.

Men Lie, Women Lie, Namak_halal lies but numbers don't :))

Feel free to back Sami. I would rather he didn't play. He is a loser and pathetic player. His performances show this.

:facepalm: if you make a comparison between Misbah and Sami.

Backing Sami is not the point. You calling him a loser but expecting others to respect the entire team including your Messiah is the point. Well, not so much of a point now, more of a joke.

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showpost.php?p=4878125&postcount=54

I will let others decide, but even if we grant your notion, you still agree with BoomBoomCricket that Misbah is ranked along side Waugh and Lloyd. Top Post right?

Backing Sami is not the point. You calling him a loser but expecting others to respect the entire team including your Messiah is the point. Well, not so much of a point now, more of a joke.

I don't back Sami because he is a TTF failure with the worst stats for a bowler in the history of cricket. Makes sense right?

You don't Back Misbah because he has an excellent batting average and w/l ratio as a captain. Now thats the joke :))

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showpost.php?p=4878125&postcount=54

I will let others decide, but even if we grant your notion, you still agree with BoomBoomCricket that Misbah is ranked along side Waugh and Lloyd. Top Post right?

You can interpret it all you want. I made myself clear many moons ago.

Its not my fault that you conveniently forget the other posts I've made where I clarified my statements. Old age getting to you perhaps :rana

:))) :))) :))) :))) SO the whole reason we lost the WHOLE series was cause of the inclusion of Malik....

Yar NH, you never fail to impress :)))

and one could understand why Misbah did that. He knew ENgland had problems with Spin, and thought If Malik would be added, it would help us with his spin and also his ability to bat. But at the end, Malik performed bad..

There's a saying:

"Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me."

England were not going to be fooled by the same Spin attack/tactics twice in different formats. Yet your Messiah played the same party trick and recalled his friend into the ODI squad (on the grounds of a spinner - cough cough).

Beta had we played Tests after ODIs then 3-0 was out the question.

Misbah's captaincy had nothing to do with 3-0 but had everything to do with 0-4.

I don't back Sami because he is a TTF failure with the worst stats for a bowler in the history of cricket. Makes sense right?

You don't Back Misbah because he has an excellent batting average and w/l ratio as a captain. Now thats the joke :))

You are still not understanding.

I don't care why you do not back Sami, but calling him a 'Loser' is not an example of one who believes and professes others to respect the entire team.

Didn't Namak Halal once say that the ban on Misbah in the first test would be a blessing in disguise? Well now that match and series are over, would you care to elaborate as to what the blessing was?

Didn't Namak Halal once say that the ban on Misbah in the first test would be a blessing in disguise? Well now that match and series are over, would you care to elaborate as to what the blessing was?

Its known only to him, must be apparent in nh magical world of misinterpretation,lies and hypothetical scenarios. Sane posters not welcome.

Laughing at Misbots who are programmed to believe Sri Lanka is a quality team.

Hello? Did you see the Test match today? No quality team would settle for a draw. A quality team would've gone for the kill by chasing down 150 odd runs in a session with 8 wickets in hand.

What did Sri Lanka do? They bottled it.

If this is quality then It just goes to demonstrates the low standards of Misbots.

Misbah is indeed up there with the top Captains.

Very good post by Venom:
To say Misbah is "riding on the coattails of the spinners " is frankly laughable. He has united a Pakistani team, something that has Pakistani captains for ages. He has got us back into winning ways, worked within the framework of the board and statistically has been one of the highest scoring batsmen since he took the captaincy.

can't wait till misbah retires what is the guy doing playing odi when he will be 41 for the next world cup.

There's a saying:

"Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me."

England were not going to be fooled by the same Spin attack/tactics twice in different formats. Yet your Messiah played the same party trick and recalled his friend into the ODI squad (on the grounds of a spinner - cough cough).

Beta had we played Tests after ODIs then 3-0 was out the question.

Misbah's captaincy had nothing to do with 3-0 but had everything to do with 0-4.

and had Misbah not bought spin, you guys would had bashed Misbah for it as it was Englands weakness before...

and you know what, the highest 2 wicket takers against England were 2 spinners, Afridi and Ajmal... SO i don't know what you are on about

Misbots are an embarrassment to the rest of us who are fans of Pakistan cricket. They have regressed to celebrating a 0-1 series loss just because Misbah wasn't the captain in one game out of three. Could they actually find a way to display less interest in the progress and success of the team than this?

Misbots are an embarrassment to the rest of us who are fans of Pakistan cricket. They have regressed to celebrating a 0-1 series loss just because Misbah wasn't the captain in one game out of three. Could they actually find a way to display less interest in the progress and success of the team than this?

+1
They seem more interested in Misbahs progress than Pakistans
BTW I am a fan of Misbah

Nobody is celebrating.

We are just looking for the blessing in disguise that namak halal mentioned when Misbah was ruled out of that first test.

Fantastic summation.

You should ask James if he feels Englands recent display in Sri Lanka was meaningless because they are minnows.

Or if Strauss tons against the WIndies mean nothing as they are minnows.

Why don't you ask James?

fans of Pakistan cricket? Afridi fans? Umar AKmal fans? what about them...

So if we defend Misbah as a player and captain, you think we are not fans of pak cricket, just fans of Misbah?

Thing is, i support Misbah and appreciate what he did for Pakistan cricket in one of hardest time ever for Pakistan, but most due Pakistanis hate him, bash him, make jokes about him, never appreciate him as captain or player. He never gets appreciated, and all the so called Pak fans would blame Misbah for each and everything.

But the funny thing is that they would never blame Afridi's blind batting or his bad bowling, while on the other hand Misbah is actually performing and showing a good consisstent performance.

and blame everything on Misbah for what??? for his performance against India in the world cup semi final for which it wasnt his own fault??? WHat about Afridi's perforamnce agaisnt India in the WOrld T20 2007, leaving Pakistan in so much pressure? No one talks about that??

SO is it wrong to defend a player who never gets appreciated, and medicore players like AFridi are looked up to more then him?

so don't balme us for supporting a good player... Blame the haters, the more you hate him for no actual reason, the more we would support and defend him...

Last edited:
A post by Abra Meer on some other forum

He's already one of the most successful captains in Pakistan's test history. Though I solely believe that because we've had so many, the statistics will go in his fortune, Listen mate do you think playing Test cricket is easy in away conditions? Especially for a country that can't play International cricket on home turf. Misbah gets so much praise because If this was any other country since the 2010 tour to England, They would've been in tatters. But No, Misbah knows how to bring the best out of his side in tests and has shown that since day 1.

You should ask James if he feels Englands recent display in Sri Lanka was meaningless because they are minnows.

Or if Strauss tons against the WIndies mean nothing as they are minnows.

Am I missing something?

Who said I hated Misbah?

There is such a thing as praise and criticism when they are both due.

If you look at the thread I made straight after England lost in Abu Dhabi, it gives great credit to all involved in the Pakistan camp including Misbah.

Misbots (and Afridites, and Sachinistas, and in fact most Indian cricket fans) don't seem to understand that opinions and viewpoints are not just black and white, they also exist in shades of grey.

Am I missing something?

Just some insightful cricketing knowledge.

Wins/Draws against Lankans, Kiwis and the Windies don't matter since they are minnows. So should be removed from win loss ratios etc

Just some insightful cricketing knowledge.

Wins/Draws against Lankans, Kiwis and the Windies don't matter since they are minnows. So should be removed from win loss ratios etc

Who said that?

I'm not aware of saying that personally.

I don't really deal in numbers, they mean very little to me when talking about sport, or most other things to be honest, and I don't have a mathematical brain... when it comes to cricket, I trust my perceptions and opinions from watching the game and reading about it.

So should wins against weaker sides be removed from W/L ratios, don't really care; but in an analysis articulated without numbers but through language (which is what I prefer doing), should wins against weaker sides be said to mean less - definitely yes.

I don't really deal in numbers, they mean very little to me when talking about sport, or most other things to be honest, and I don't have a mathematical brain... when it comes to cricket, I trust my perceptions and opinions from watching the game and reading about it.

So should wins against weaker sides be removed from W/L ratios, don't really care; but in an analysis articulated without numbers but through language (which is what I prefer doing), should wins against weaker sides be said to mean less - definitely yes.

Fair enough,

DO you feel Sri Lanka are minnows? No need for numbers...words will suffice.

Fair enough,

DO you feel Sri Lanka are minnows? No need for numbers...words will suffice.

No way.

Bangladesh and Zimbabwe yes, Windies and New Zealand borderline.

The other six (it is six right?) teams are good.

Misbah is running out of ideas and time. Not helped I guess by the bowling resources, but neither is he getting the big hundreds or a simple hundred.

It was a flat track today but still pretty disappointed with the way Misbah went about his job as skipper. He bought Sami on after Hafeez when the new cherry would have been Sami's best chance to get a wicket or two. His field settings were pretty orthodox, not really pressuring the batsmen with any close in fielders.

It's pretty stupid for some to say Misbah missed the first test so can't be blamed for the loss. These kids clearly don't realise he missed the first test because he was tuk tuking with the over rate, his fault , he let the team down. A captain must not only think of the current situation but in cricket the next match, a test match which is far more important than an ODI, and that too and ODI which couldn't win you the series! Add to this he had 3 spinners to bowl most of the overs, he never should have fell behind the over rate.

His tuk tuk mentality in his batting has transformed into his captaincy, merrily going along not considering the final goal...to win! Misbah has done fairly well as a batsmen in test cricket over the last 18 months but when we see kids like Shafiq and Azhar playing beautifully scoring big consistently we have to wonder if Misbah is the best batsmen/captain we could have?

Misbah's tenure can't be longer than 12 months from here, it's time to groom Azhar Ali as skipper.

We are Pakistan, our nature is aggressive, not passive. This type of slow, passive, let's see how it goes mentality doesn't suit our game at all. This is why we have never hammered a team under Misbah and never will.

we were undefeated under misbah for 2 and a half years under this so called, slow, passive and defensive captain. And under the same slow, passive and defensive captain, we were able to woop some english butts.. SO i would prefer this slow, defensive captain.......

we were undefeated under misbah for 2 and a half years under this so called, slow, passive and defensive captain. And under the same slow, passive and defensive captain, we were able to woop some english butts.. SO i would prefer this slow, defensive captain.......

Technically we are still undefeated under Misbah!

Pak lost the series against SLA 1-0 (atrocious umpiring had a lot to do with the loss in Galle)

Under Misbah (missed the first test in Galle because of a nonsensical ban) drew 0-0

and had Misbah not bought spin, you guys would had bashed Misbah for it as it was Englands weakness before...

and you know what, the highest 2 wicket takers against England were 2 spinners, Afridi and Ajmal... SO i don't know what you are on about

You clearly don't know what happened in the ENgland ODI series, and thats why couldn't reply to the post quoted

Pak lost the series against SLA 1-0 (atrocious umpiring had a lot to do with the loss in Galle)

Under Misbah (missed the first test in Galle because of a nonsensical ban) drew 0-0

Oh my God. Who cares?!

Pakistan lost the series!

If you really cared about the team you would be more concerned that Pakistan lost 1-0 in Sri Lanka, and with or without Misbah did not look like winning any of the tests!

You, I and everyone else here are meant to be fans of the Pakistan team; captains and players come and go, while the institution and its meaning are what is consistent.

hah know that. Hes a legend and one of the best captains!:zaka

Oh my God. Who cares?!

Pakistan lost the series!

If you really cared about the team you would be more concerned that Pakistan lost 1-0 in Sri Lanka, and with or without Misbah did not look like winning any of the tests! You, I and everyone else here are meant to be fans of the Pakistan team; captains and players come and go, while the institution and its meaning are what is consistent.

You are absolutely wrong here. Pakistan were very competitive in the 2nd and 3rd tests

- had the upperhand in the 2nd test and had rain not intervened we could have won it

- Also showed a lot of fight - esp. the youngsters Azhar, Asad, Adnan (batted well at a crucial time despite a broken finger) and Junaid - in the 3rd test esp. on days 4 and 5 (after day 3 it looked like Lanka would win the series 2-0). imo without rain this test could have gone either way.

I think what we are lacking at the moment is a second penetrative fast bowler. Need to find better pacers than Gul and Sami (both just not penetrative enough) to partner Junaid

At what point in any of the test matches did Pakistan look like registering a win with 20 wickets?

None!

Sri Lanka won the first test, and were approaching a winning position in tests two and three! Without rain it could have been three flipping nil! ...to Sri Lanka!

So I am not absolutely wrong, or even partly wrong!

Last edited:
At what point in any of the test matches did Pakistan look like registering a win with 20 wickets?

None!

Sri Lanka won the first test, and were approaching a winning position in tests two and three! Without rain it could have been three flipping nil! ...to Sri Lanka!

So I am not absolutely wrong, or even partly wrong!

Not really , 1-0 is the best estimation . The final two test could have gone any way. Could have been 1-1. Pakistan had to declare early in the second test to give ourselves a chance because of the rain. Pakistan could have settled them a chase of 400. So 3-0 ,no way.

Back