The Wrestling Discussion Thread

How many more times do we need to see Reigns vs Seth
Tbh, I think there is money in this program down the line with a heel Seth and babyface Roman. There's a lot of history there and let's not forget that Roman has never beaten Seth. I don't think that is by accident.

Why promote another wrestler on your show, I mean it’s amazing for Punk though 🤣
Punk posting that image of Bush post Iraq invasion was perfect though. It's a great analogy. :ROFLMAO:

Make yourself look like a fool and then patting yourself on the back for a job well done.

Come on man, most fans been on that Haitch Kool Aid since the black and gold era of NXT. I don’t think the current product is flawless either, especially the big four PPV’s and the spectacles the company has been known for. This is why I have started watching TNA mate especially while Punk is out and I’m serious 🤣 it’s making me feel again, something which both AEW/WWE is not able to do consistently 👀
Yeah but I can't recall when fans were this positive on WWE. I mean the creation of AEW was based in large part to WWE being this evil org. run by Vince. Now all that has changed. Especially with them trying to erase Vince and change all the things that were synonmymous with his time.

I dunno man, it'll be hard for me to get back into TNA after all the heartbreak they have given me over the years. I can't say I'm crazy about too many guys on that roster either besides Josh Alexander and Alex Hammerstone. MCMG are gone too now. I used to love Eddie Edwards but seems like he has really let himself go. And doesn't seem to be top of the card either.

SmackDown Results: April 19, 2024​

• AJ Styles def. LA Knight in an Undisputed WWE Title No. 1 Contender's Match
  • The Street Profits won a WWE Tag Team Title No. 1 Contender Fatal 4-Way Tag Team Match
  • Santos Escobar def. Carlito
  • WWE Women’s Champion Bayley def. Naomi ended in a no-contest

Yeah but I can't recall when fans were this positive on WWE. I mean the creation of AEW was based in large part to WWE being this evil org. run by Vince. Now all that has changed. Especially with them trying to erase Vince and change all the things that were synonmymous with his time.

I dunno man, it'll be hard for me to get back into TNA after all the heartbreak they have given me over the years. I can't say I'm crazy about too many guys on that roster either besides Josh Alexander and Alex Hammerstone. MCMG are gone too now. I used to love Eddie Edwards but seems like he has really let himself go. And doesn't seem to be top of the card either.

They are lifers, they were always high Hunter’s crack, so it’s not a surprise they will get the prayer mats out for him now and are dumb enough to not be able to differentiate between Vince the character and promoter. The product is solid but lacks spark, if he delegates more to Bruce Prichard and Heyman, Rock and others more successful in the game, maybe there will be more authentic drama. Yeah it wont be for everyone TNA especially if you watch a lot of wrestling, I am liking the reboot though as something a bit different but respectful of the TNA history/legacy.

Tbh, I think there is money in this program down the line with a heel Seth and babyface Roman. There's a lot of history there and let's not forget that Roman has never beaten Seth. I don't think that is by accident.

It’s the new Reigns vs Lesnar except Seth is a weakling

They are lifers, they were always high Hunter’s crack, so it’s not a surprise they will get the prayer mats out for him now and are dumb enough to not be able to differentiate between Vince the character and promoter. The product is solid but lacks spark, if he delegates more to Bruce Prichard and Heyman, Rock and others more successful in the game, maybe there will be more authentic drama. Yeah it wont be for everyone TNA especially if you watch a lot of wrestling, I am liking the reboot though as something a bit different but respectful of the TNA history/legacy.
Vince's last few years had everyone in the locker room and the talent relations bummed down especially in the time Trips was absent in the backroom during his heart problems. Once he came back, he helped negotiate wrestlers getting the green signal to re gain their cameo and twitch accounts etc. I know he is far from the booker Vince was especially in his prime but he does have qualities which should be commended. He's far better than someone like Lauranaitis. I agree the spectacle part is severely lacking in his booking and presentation style especially the entertainment prospect but let's not kid ourselves how Vince was firing employees in dozens every month and how pathetic a lot of stuff was (like Lashley pointing to his **** as his gimmick, Jindar getting the title run, Maria Kannelis accusing different wrestlers every week of being the father of her unborn child etc etc.

I've been rewatching some old TNA PPVs recently from their Main Event Mafia era and gotta say I am really enjoying them. TNA was never perfect, there was always stuff like Angelina Love v Taylor Wilde opening a PPV, Abyss in a 10,000 Thumbtacks match or Mick Foley winning the TNA World Championship. But man its was entertaining as sh!t. Especially during that era. And you had alot of quality wrestling as well because of the X Division boys and guys like Angle, Joe, AJ, Daniels etc.

I've been rewatching some old TNA PPVs recently from their Main Event Mafia era and gotta say I am really enjoying them. TNA was never perfect, there was always stuff like Angelina Love v Taylor Wilde opening a PPV, Abyss in a 10,000 Thumbtacks match or Mick Foley winning the TNA World Championship. But man its was entertaining as sh!t. Especially during that era. And you had alot of quality wrestling as well because of the X Division boys and guys like Angle, Joe, AJ, Daniels etc.

TNA in those days were what AEW think they are now.

TNA needed some structure but there was quality from top to bottom, and they genuinely spearheaded the ‘womens revolution’

TNA in those days were what AEW think they are now.

TNA needed some structure but there was quality from top to bottom, and they genuinely spearheaded the ‘womens revolution’
Tbh, I really question that because who else was there besides Gail Kim and Awesome Kong?

@shaz619 Two of my favorite things/moments from TNA. Steiner is Steiner but you could tell Booker was really having some real fun during his time there lmao :ROFLMAO:

Vince's last few years had everyone in the locker room and the talent relations bummed down especially in the time Trips was absent in the backroom during his heart problems. Once he came back, he helped negotiate wrestlers getting the green signal to re gain their cameo and twitch accounts etc. I know he is far from the booker Vince was especially in his prime but he does have qualities which should be commended. He's far better than someone like Lauranaitis. I agree the spectacle part is severely lacking in his booking and presentation style especially the entertainment prospect but let's not kid ourselves how Vince was firing employees in dozens every month and how pathetic a lot of stuff was (like Lashley pointing to his **** as his gimmick, Jindar getting the title run, Maria Kannelis accusing different wrestlers every week of being the father of her unborn child etc etc.

It sounds more Haitch was taking his biggest fans backstage and giving them handjobs going by the eulogies these days I’d say. I thought it was hilarious how Vince revamped NXT while Haitch had a heart attack 🤣 that was for the best, now at least NXT doesn’t need to be used to massage somebody’s ego, but the caveat is that RAW/SD can now be used for that purpose

Tbh, I really question that because who else was there besides Gail Kim and Awesome Kong?
Like any revolution it starts with one or two people, who else was having the kinda matches which they had during that time in NA? and ODB was a great character and I think the beautiful people were outstanding as a package. Gail especially was a trail blazer and played pivotal roles in the main event picture to, dynamic roles from valet/enforcer/performer etc

Like any revolution it starts with one or two people, who else was having the kinda matches which they had during that time in NA? and ODB was a great character and I think the beautiful people were outstanding as a package. Gail especially was a trail blazer and played pivotal roles in the main event picture to, dynamic roles from valet/enforcer/performer etc
Fair point. There's no denying that those matches were revolutionary because no women wrestlers on a North American TV show were wrestling that well. Eventhough WWE will try and tell us that they blazed the trail by having Lita and Trish main-event RAW lol. I loved the Beautiful People mainly because...they were hot. But I agree they were pretty good as a package.

Fair point. There's no denying that those matches were revolutionary because no women wrestlers on a North American TV show were wrestling that well. Eventhough WWE will try and tell us that they blazed the trail by having Lita and Trish main-event RAW lol. I loved the Beautiful People mainly because...they were hot. But I agree they were pretty good as a package.

Womens division had something unique to offer

The tag teams were so cool with their character work and fast pace

The upper mid card basically highlighted the smaller guys in a creative way with high octane action from the X division.

Then in the main event wasn’t afraid of giving independent wrestlers a shot or those considered washed by the WWE, you go back and watch Ron Killings, Ken Shamrock or Styles win the NWA title you feel something man, Jeff did hog the title a bit and you can consider the main event picture a little weak in developing/pushing the TNA originals

Womens division had something unique to offer

The tag teams were so cool with their character work and fast pace

The upper mid card basically highlighted the smaller guys in a creative way with high octane action from the X division.

Then in the main event wasn’t afraid of giving independent wrestlers a shot or those considered washed by the WWE, you go back and watch Ron Killings, Ken Shamrock or Styles win the NWA title you feel something man, Jeff did hog the title a bit and you can consider the main event picture a little weak in developing/pushing the TNA originals
Completely forgot the tag teams. Freaking Beer Money, MCMG, LAX. Dudleys were doing some good work during that time period too eventhough they were past their prime.

I haven't watched anything from their weekly PPV era. I'll definitely go back and check those out.

Btw I started watching Lucha Underground again and I am beginning to enjoy it. I think it requires a little extra suspension of disbelief especially since I'm not a fan of intergender wrestling. But I like their unique storytelling and all the weird Aztec parallels lol. And the wrestling is pretty good too. What impresses me most is how well they were able to bring a streamlined version of lucha libre to an American audience. Also, the commentary is so good. Old Striker can be a bit of a mark sometimes but he is so much better than Excalibur who is a similar type of commentator. And Vampiro ofcourse is just brilliant.

Completely forgot the tag teams. Freaking Beer Money, MCMG, LAX. Dudleys were doing some good work during that time period too eventhough they were past their prime.

I haven't watched anything from their weekly PPV era. I'll definitely go back and check those out.

Btw I started watching Lucha Underground again and I am beginning to enjoy it. I think it requires a little extra suspension of disbelief especially since I'm not a fan of intergender wrestling. But I like their unique storytelling and all the weird Aztec parallels lol. And the wrestling is pretty good too. What impresses me most is how well they were able to bring a streamlined version of lucha libre to an American audience. Also, the commentary is so good. Old Striker can be a bit of a mark sometimes but he is so much better than Excalibur who is a similar type of commentator. And Vampiro ofcourse is just brilliant.

Or America's Most Wanted with the Wild Cat Chris Haris!

If anything, especially watch the weekly PPV's where AJ Styles was booked, you can tell from then he was something special. Those events were my first exposure to his work because I never actually knew he worked for WCW.

See LU more in the vein of a Hollywood Movie production and it's a lot more fun, I didn't take it too seriously unless they did something deeply offensive. But apart from that it was pretty wild and the Aztec stuff was amazing because am a big History buff and was like, yes please! Ah Striker was fantastic mate! I think he can come across as a bit of a dork with his stats and what not, but it worked on Lucha Underground!!

This is why I have so much admiration for the prestige and history being the REAL World's Championship:

Just look at the raw emotion on this mans face, this is what it means to win a legitimate world championship.

This is why even Cody, was more emotional when he beat Nick Aldis compared to Reigns.

And I don't want the NWA to align with WWE again, but would for them to join forces with TNA, but they have their own little thing going, and what was a good idea in NWA Powerr sort of went a bit downhill though I have not watched it lately. I loved Thunder Rosa are there, I am so disappointed with her AEW run, she could have been a serious force in the world of women's wrestling, but now she spends more time hiding in the girls toilets then doing anything big on telly; I love her on Busted Open, but give me that Aztec MMA Psycho I first saw in the NWA please

This was cool, such a cool moment, it's sad what happened to her. We can't overlook the role of Triple H and Steph in hear death, am serious here, they gave their friends so much support over the years with rehab and opportunity, despite Chyna's efforts to want to reintegrate in Wrestling, those attempts were vetoed by those two sick individuals.

Or America's Most Wanted with the Wild Cat Chris Haris!

If anything, especially watch the weekly PPV's where AJ Styles was booked, you can tell from then he was something special. Those events were my first exposure to his work because I never actually knew he worked for WCW.

See LU more in the vein of a Hollywood Movie production and it's a lot more fun, I didn't take it too seriously unless they did something deeply offensive. But apart from that it was pretty wild and the Aztec stuff was amazing because am a big History buff and was like, yes please! Ah Striker was fantastic mate! I think he can come across as a bit of a dork with his stats and what not, but it worked on Lucha Underground!!
Oh yes. America's Most Wanted was one of the highlights of the early days. Chris Harris, he had some potential man.

Haha yeah apparently AJ got in right towards the end of WCW in the cruiserweight division. But definitely I'll check those out.

Yeah you're right that's how it should be viewed. I was actually really impressed by how cinematic it was. But when I found out Robert Rodriguez was involved in it, and I was like yeah...makes sense. Yeah I can't rip on Striker because I do enjoy him. He and Vamp are a great team and bounce off each other really well. And tbh, you need a knowledgeable person like Striker to inform/educate the American audience about certain things related to lucha libre that they may not know.

Jinder Mahal: Free agent
Heath Slater: Contract ending soon...
Drew McIntyre: Yet to renew WWE contract

This can be leading to only one thing...A 3MB Reunion in AEW.

This was cool, such a cool moment, it's sad what happened to her. We can't overlook the role of Triple H and Steph in hear death, am serious here, they gave their friends so much support over the years with rehab and opportunity, despite Chyna's efforts to want to reintegrate in Wrestling, those attempts were vetoed by those two sick individuals.
I am sure Triple H is responsible for everything that is wrong with this world.

Man, you are losing it with your Triple H hate.

Nothing to do with hate, it’s just the truth, did you see Chyna in the RA era when he had peak control backstage? for years Chyna wanted back in but was blacklisted for obvious reasons and they vetoed her opportunities outside the company to. X-Pac et al and others from the Kliq had drug issues and what not but they got rehab support to. I get that after the piece of sh!t cheated on Chyna with Steph they had to lowball her from the company, but it’s not professional is it, nor the treatment after that.

So much for the shining Indian/Insect market, it never was the economic power house their dweeb population think it is, WWE have realised their tiny people are bunch of scammers, lets not waste time with those rats and focus more on Europe and other territories

Oh yes. America's Most Wanted was one of the highlights of the early days. Chris Harris, he had some potential man.

Haha yeah apparently AJ got in right towards the end of WCW in the cruiserweight division. But definitely I'll check those out.

Yeah you're right that's how it should be viewed. I was actually really impressed by how cinematic it was. But when I found out Robert Rodriguez was involved in it, and I was like yeah...makes sense. Yeah I can't rip on Striker because I do enjoy him. He and Vamp are a great team and bounce off each other really well. And tbh, you need a knowledgeable person like Striker to inform/educate the American audience about certain things related to lucha libre that they may not know.

He had one of the best finishers to, that fallaway slam into the rock bottom, TNA were creative with their finishers and they were sort of the first to hit them from unique spots. They were genuinely focussed on being so different.

I forgot RR was involved, it gives it all the more reason to watch. I can’t recall when I stopped watching it, which season but it was a blast while it lasted, I don’t think I watched it from the point when Rey was there which I needed to do, because he is the godfather of Lucha and it must have been so cool to have him there

Probably, but the madman Goldberg busted himself open before the match had ever started by smashing his head against the locker room door.

The entrances were so epic I was super hyped, if that idiot did not concuss himself twice, first that door you mention, then how he killed himself running into the ring post maybe it could have been something similar to Berg/Brock 3, after those two incidents he was out of it. I wish Bret was on commentary for it.

The entrances were so epic I was super hyped, if that idiot did not concuss himself twice, first that door you mention, then how he killed himself running into the ring post maybe it could have been something similar to Berg/Brock 3, after those two incidents he was out of it. I wish Bret was on commentary for it.
Somehow feel like this was a disaster waiting to happen. I love Taker but he was really pushing it 2017 onwards. And I think he would admit that himself in the Last Ride doc. They should have learned their lesson after DX v Taker/Kane match ended up being such a trainwreck. Because Goldberg is literally the worst guy they could have put him in that ring against. I'm just glad Taker made out of that match alive. The botched jackhammer was just scary.

Somehow feel like this was a disaster waiting to happen. I love Taker but he was really pushing it 2017 onwards. And I think he would admit that himself in the Last Ride doc. They should have learned their lesson after DX v Taker/Kane match ended up being such a trainwreck. Because Goldberg is literally the worst guy they could have put him in that ring against. I'm just glad Taker made out of that match alive. The botched jackhammer was just scary.

It’s a execution of it all, I see what they were trying to do, it could have been handled better if the ego and excitement were kept in check, but as a rule of thumb it’s always risky booking two oldies in a blockbuster match.

That was a pretty cool Brainbuster that

Watched a few matches from Rebellion, Ali/Jake was a terrific opener; I hate the name Jake ‘Something’ but his style reminds me a lot of Mike Awesome. The main event was basic if am honest, and the finish was expected, a surprise return at the end, though I don’t know how much value he will add at this point

He had one of the best finishers to, that fallaway slam into the rock bottom, TNA were creative with their finishers and they were sort of the first to hit them from unique spots. They were genuinely focussed on being so different.

I forgot RR was involved, it gives it all the more reason to watch. I can’t recall when I stopped watching it, which season but it was a blast while it lasted, I don’t think I watched it from the point when Rey was there which I needed to do, because he is the godfather of Lucha and it must have been so cool to have him there
Yup. That was a pretty cool finisher. TNA had alot of revolutionary wrestling for the time. If you think about it today's fast-paced, high workrate style owes alot to TNA and the X-Division guys. Even the Canadian Destroyer was created by Petey Williams.

Yes I believe Rey came on in the later seasons. Definitely looking forward to that.

Yup. That was a pretty cool finisher. TNA had alot of revolutionary wrestling for the time. If you think about it today's fast-paced, high workrate style owes alot to TNA and the X-Division guys. Even the Canadian Destroyer was created by Petey Williams.

Yes I believe Rey came on in the later seasons. Definitely looking forward to that.

That move use to blow my mind, and it wasn’t just the innovation, but I just feel like the TNA roster knew how to sell the Canadian Destroyer like Death itself you know ? AJ was the best, but the others were great to, I genuinely feel more for Petey then I do for Shawn or Jake. With Shawn, I just don’t think anybody can match his variation of the Super Kick and he’s a GOAT, Jake had that presence which made the move so deadly and it has been a while now, and there are so many variants of his move. But Petey’s move is just spammed so badly man, mainly outside the WWE, I think Cole used it well as a signature maybe? but not the rest

So eerie, 'You're gonna make more money off me dead than alive'

So sad seeing her in this state, I genuinely saw her as a super woman growing up

@shaz619 is soon going to snap resulting in the biggest heel turn of PP when he joins the PP hifive taggers Kliq and starts spamming the whole PP. Shaz don't get seduced by the dark side. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I liked Eugene even though that was a pathetic character especially after learning about special needs children.

Last edited by a moderator:

WWE Rivalries, Undertaker-Michaels spanning over 15 years better than anything Hollywood Bolywood or Netflix can come up with

WWE Rivalries, Undertaker-Michaels spanning over 15 years better than anything Hollywood Bolywood or Netflix can come up with

The A&E series is fantastic, will give this a watch. Absolutely, you can’t illicit the type of authentic emotion built over decades in pro wrestling compared to any other media

The expression on HBk face when he accidentally hit the phenom in that title match vs Bret Hart summed up, Taker is a big beast or shall we say " Look at the size of Ham Hog", Similarly the concern on Taker's face when Michael's back hit the casket made it clear that he respects HBK as an opponent , nevertheless epic stuff it was and as Jbl mentioned what if Taker-Shawn combined for tag teams during their prime days but then again Michael's already mentioned back in 90s we were two guys having respect for each other but were in opposite direction.

Pre-2000 Thr Undertaker was an absolute beast the sky fall which he use to take from the ring was a sight to be hold , not to mension his other glorified moves

They can't even sell out their PPV's now what a shambles and even the hipster smarks have turned on their shitty product, Tony deserves it, and so do AEW for their diabolical mismanagement. The company is colossal joke, literally they can only beg people to watch their programming now and resort to extremely desperate measures.

WWE RAW Lineup (April 22, 2024 Episode)​

• Andrade & Ricochet vs. Dominik Mysterio & J.D. McDonagh
  • World Tag Team Championship: Awesome Truth vs. DIY
  • New Women’s World Champion will be crowned
  • Gunther to make first appearance after WrestleMania 40

The women's match will be interesting. Otherwise you wouldn't watch RAW on paper; but what would sell it though, is a 15 minute Triple H promo to open the show.

Unsuccessfully been trying to watch Bryan vs Will Ostrich, main match I have been interested in from Dynasty

They can't even sell out their PPV's now what a shambles and even the hipster smarks have turned on their shitty product, Tony deserves it, and so do AEW for their diabolical mismanagement. The company is colossal joke, literally they can only beg people to watch their programming now and resort to extremely desperate measures.
I thought it was a good PPV from a match-quality standpoint. But somehow the company still feels colder than ever...even after this PPV and them crowning a new champion.

Roderick Strong v Kyle O'Reilly and Okada v PAC were pretty good. The main-event Joe v Swerve was good. Danielson v Ospreay was awesome. The rest was pretty standard stuff. Jack Perry showed up in the Young Bucks match. Jericho has go-away heat. Almost none of the matches except the main-event had any real story.

Match Results:

The Awesome Truth (R-Truth and The Miz) def. #DIY (Tommaso Ciampa and Johnny Gargano) to retain the World Tag Team Championship

The New Day (Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods) def. Imperium (Ludwig Kaiser and Giovanni Vinci) in a Tag Team Match

Sheamus def. Shinsuke Nakamura

Ricochet and Andrade def. JD McDonagh and Santos Escobar in a Tag Team Match

Becky Lynch won a Women’s Battle Royal to win the Women’s World Championship

I thought it was a good PPV from a match-quality standpoint. But somehow the company still feels colder than ever...even after this PPV and them crowning a new champion.

Roderick Strong v Kyle O'Reilly and Okada v PAC were pretty good. The main-event Joe v Swerve was good. Danielson v Ospreay was awesome. The rest was pretty standard stuff. Jack Perry showed up in the Young Bucks match. Jericho has go-away heat. Almost none of the matches except the main-event had any real story.

I think their own fans are not happy with the leadership to and a lot of their matches lack steam, he books for a nice audience but spends insane sums and wants to do the events in stadiums which he can’t sell out, it’s a recipe for disaster and soul destroying for fans and his roster. He is booking everything for Meltzer, not to get anybody over or to take his business to another level

I think their own fans are not happy with the leadership to and a lot of their matches lack steam, he books for a nice audience but spends insane sums and wants to do the events in stadiums which he can’t sell out, it’s a recipe for disaster and soul destroying for fans and his roster. He is booking everything for Meltzer, not to get anybody over or to take his business to another level
Absolutely. You can't build sustained interest in your product without compelling, long-term storytelling. They ended up blowing it by the end, but atleast with MJF/Adam Cole there was some storytelling going there. Right now, its like everything feels like an excuse to get to a match.

I think even AEW's most die-hard fans have started admitting that Tony does not know how to book. All the guys that get over, get over on their matches, name value or their personality like Swerve. Because remember Tony booked Swerve as a heel when he started pushing him and until recently Swerve was drinking Adam Page's blood and threatening his infant child.

It was also interesting to see how much go away heat Jericho has with the AEW fans. They were literally chanting 'Go Away Jericho' in his match with Hook lol, although I found the match kind of enjoyable. I know that Jericho probably thinks that he is being really smart and clever by playing off the perception among everyone that he just wants to stay relevant by working with and beating young/popular guys, but its so obvious and so lame. Jericho with his constant heel and face turns is starting to remind me of Big Show.

@shaz619 Now that Jack Perry is back, I'm guessing they should have him come out to Cult of Personality. Tony loves burning money on music and they will have to get creative going forward if they want to continue making CM Punk a part of the show. He is after all their biggest ratings draw. Jack Perry knows where his bread is buttered. He has already started basing his entire personality off Punk. I do find it funny though that Jack Perry needed to get choked out for anyone give a sh!t about him.

Absolutely. You can't build sustained interest in your product without compelling, long-term storytelling. They ended up blowing it by the end, but atleast with MJF/Adam Cole there was some storytelling going there. Right now, its like everything feels like an excuse to get to a match.

I think even AEW's most die-hard fans have started admitting that Tony does not know how to book. All the guys that get over, get over on their matches, name value or their personality like Swerve. Because remember Tony booked Swerve as a heel when he started pushing him and until recently Swerve was drinking Adam Page's blood and threatening his infant child.

It was also interesting to see how much go away heat Jericho has with the AEW fans. They were literally chanting 'Go Away Jericho' in his match with Hook lol, although I found the match kind of enjoyable. I know that Jericho probably thinks that he is being really smart and clever by playing off the perception among everyone that he just wants to stay relevant by working with and beating young/popular guys, but its so obvious and so lame. Jericho with his constant heel and face turns is starting to remind me of Big Show.
It's probably Jericho's last year with AEW as full time guy. He'll probably transition to backstage role if there's any in AEW and I am pretty sure Tony will be offering him millions just to keep him signed to AEW. He's still the biggest name AEW have on their roster under his best known in ring name.
MJF carried AEW admirably on his back for well over a year.
Bryan has only been booked as the dream match guy rather than the face of the company which is stupid business wise.
Swerve seems to be an adept learner. He might not be as good as MJF, but it will be a good test for him to see how he goes.
Joe was a perfect transitional champion and him putting over Swerve does seem like a big deal.
It will be pathetic if Swerve ends up losing the title to Hangman Page of everyone.

@shaz619 Now that Jack Perry is back, I'm guessing they should have him come out to Cult of Personality. Tony loves burning money on music and they will have to get creative going forward if they want to continue making CM Punk a part of the show. He is after all their biggest ratings draw. Jack Perry knows where his bread is buttered. He has already started basing his entire personality off Punk. I do find it funny though that Jack Perry needed to get choked out for anyone give a sh!t about him.
Basically Perry is just signed to AEW because Bucks are EVPs there and Tony can't say no to them.

It's probably Jericho's last year with AEW as full time guy. He'll probably transition to backstage role if there's any in AEW and I am pretty sure Tony will be offering him millions just to keep him signed to AEW. He's still the biggest name AEW have on their roster under his best known in ring name.
MJF carried AEW admirably on his back for well over a year.
Bryan has only been booked as the dream match guy rather than the face of the company which is stupid business wise.
Swerve seems to be an adept learner. He might not be as good as MJF, but it will be a good test for him to see how he goes.
Joe was a perfect transitional champion and him putting over Swerve does seem like a big deal.
It will be pathetic if Swerve ends up losing the title to Hangman Page of everyone.
I hope it is. Because he is not doing anyone any favors with the way he is performing in the ring and his angles aren't really that interesting either.

Yeah they've done well with Swerve so far, which I attribute more to Swerve than Tony. Because Tony never booked him as a babyface. At any rate, they've got someone of value but I can't say I have that much hope for him.

No my guess is Swerve will be champion till All In, where he will lose the belt to Ospreay. Adam Page could be his first feud.

Basically Perry is just signed to AEW because Bucks are EVPs there and Tony can't say no to them.
And because Tony places more importance on Observer star ratings than Nielsen TV ratings and thinks the Bucks have any kind of value in 2024.

Hook is another guy that should go to WWE asap. Because unlike an MJF or a Ricky Starks, he will probably need to go to NXT first because he still has alot to learn and would even fit in well on that show.

He's another one like Jade and Wardlow that Tony has absolutely no idea what to with besides booking 'em in squash matches. And I get that the FTW Title was cool when Taz used in ECW. But good god man does this show need any more belts? With Taz it was part of the gimmick and made sense. Also, no one held that belt besides Taz and Sabu. In AEW like 6 people have held this belt and now Jericho has it. Why should anyone care who has this belt? Even if its Taz's son? It's a fake belt that's not even recognized by AEW. You might as well buy a replica off the internet and call yourself champion.

And because Tony places more importance on Observer star ratings than Nielsen TV ratings and thinks the Bucks have any kind of value in 2024.
Basically Meltzer is running AEW as the whole AEW is booked to please him and gather as many stars as they can. Tells you how awful of a booker Meltzer would have been if he was in the business and any promotion would have folded by now if it was not financed by a billionaire.

I hope it is. Because he is not doing anyone any favors with the way he is performing in the ring and his angles aren't really that interesting either.

Yeah they've done well with Swerve so far, which I attribute more to Swerve than Tony. Because Tony never booked him as a babyface. At any rate, they've got someone of value but I can't say I have that much hope for him.

No my guess is Swerve will be champion till All In, where he will lose the belt to Ospreay. Adam Page could be his first feud.
Swerve was the only good thing about that weird faction of top dolla etc in nxt. He seems to be a guy who is always keen on improving.

Yes you'd know better as I don't follow AEW much.

Basically Meltzer is running AEW as the whole AEW is booked to please him and gather as many stars as they can. Tells you how awful of a booker Meltzer would have been if he was in the business and any promotion would have folded by now if it was not financed by a billionaire.
I would say its more AEW catering to the most niche group of wrestling fans who watch indies, NJPW etc. and are people who have always populated message boards...who made Young Bucks popular on the indies and watched their Youtube show. I mean Meltzer didn't used to be the way he is these days. He used to be a somewhat respected wrestling journalist and didn't lose his mind over some average TV match with a few high spots. If you go back and read some of the Observers from previous years, they are a good way to understand what's going on in pro-wrestling during that time. I even agree with alot of the ratings he has given matches in the past. But around 2017, he really started losing his marbles with Omega and Ospreay matches. And then he just changed his personality to match the personality of the die-hard wrestling mark of today that loves the modern style of wrestling.

I loved the opening segment on RAW. This is how you create new stars. Jey Uso has really been elevated to a top-level babyface because of the Bloodline saga. And though I'm still not convinced on him in the ring, the gimmick is great and works really well.

And Damian Priest man. How good is he? He may be a transitional champion but you look at him and you see a massive future star. He's good in the ring, he has charisma...he is such a natural talker. Watching this interplay between these two was great. It was a nice back and forth between two guys that are on the rise. They made me interested in this match eventhough I had zero interest in it.

Also, the production on RAW has gotten so good that now that when I watch AEW or anything else it feels like you are watching the minor leagues of wrestling. For the first time in a long time, RAW feels like a fresh show as opposed to the same homogenized product.

I was mistaken when Khan started the company, I thought a part of him might be serious. But he is extremely petty, has a huge ego, he's extremely bitter and 5 year old school girl has more patience & ambition, to top all of that this is just another game for a billionaire, he's just another spoilt/rotten daddy's boy. Otherwise AEW would be scaling back on their spending, putting more money into their structure and delegation, the right people would be in positions of authority, they wouldn't do these arena shows they can't fill but have a more audible audience in a smaller arena and sort of combine black/gold era NXT, new NXT and some of their Russo inspired AEW content; to put out a more layered show weekly focussed more on storylines and characters, the ring work would also need to be tailored to a more global audience so they'd need to think about psychology rather than put on mark matches every time, they can get to that point eventually, but you build to it and even then, you still need to give the audience something to chew on. They focus on all the wrong and everything falls so flat / feels cold. This is pointless me saying this when the company is run by a manchild.

There was a time when I didn't know how Jericho could do any wrong, it is such a pity to watch him in this fashion.

I don't think anybody should be forced to watch a near 60 min match unless it's the best of the best, am talking Shawn/Bret or Lesnar/Angle, just going 60 min doesn't make an epic match and I am not remotely interested in Hook/Jericho for that length of time.

Still waiting to see Bryan/Ostrich so will be interesting to see how I find that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Paul Heyman, Eric, Jeff Jarett, Jim Cornette and even Dixie to an extent, can't believe I said that, and oh Gabe Sapolsky; all had their fair share of highs and lows, but even in their lows I have not seen any sort of attempt to compete with WWE fall this low. These guys started small/humble and kept building, where they lacked in resource, they made up for it in innovation, and creating a genuine identity / product ethos. AEW doesn't have an identity or real culture; this plagued them right from the start, they were just the flavour of the month and Punk helped mask the cracks. I think Collision came the closest to presenting itself as the alternate to WWE which AEW as a whole should have been.

What do you guys think about WWE bringing back the Uncle Howdy character with Bo Dallas? They have started showing QR Codes during RAW the same way they did with Bray, which means his return is around the corner. I feel like alot of people might have a problem with this because of it's association with Bray but I wanna see what they do.

The nostalgia takes back to 90s Wrestling on YouTube, Sid v Undertaker another epic contest and two stars seemed perfect match for each other in WWF Undertaker use to do suplex which went missing sfter late 90s, Also there is Taker v Hitman short clip where Hitman is breezely spanking Undertaker , that was another classic rivalry , Taker v Hart

I would say its more AEW catering to the most niche group of wrestling fans who watch indies, NJPW etc. and are people who have always populated message boards...who made Young Bucks popular on the indies and watched their Youtube show. I mean Meltzer didn't used to be the way he is these days. He used to be a somewhat respected wrestling journalist and didn't lose his mind over some average TV match with a few high spots. If you go back and read some of the Observers from previous years, they are a good way to understand what's going on in pro-wrestling during that time. I even agree with alot of the ratings he has given matches in the past. But around 2017, he really started losing his marbles with Omega and Ospreay matches. And then he just changed his personality to match the personality of the die-hard wrestling mark of today that loves the modern style of wrestling.
That'd be too much of a hassle to read won.

The fact that he never gave any Kurt Angle, Daniel Bryan(in WWE), Eddie Gurrero (WWE), Undertaker(after 1998), HBK(in his second run), Benoit (in WWE), Edge, Randy etc etc a single 5 star match shows how much bias the imbecile has against wwe. Plus he's been giving every other match 5+ stars in last 7-8 years which is stupid.

The nostalgia takes back to 90s Wrestling on YouTube, Sid v Undertaker another epic contest and two stars seemed perfect match for each other in WWF Undertaker use to do suplex which went missing sfter late 90s, Also there is Taker v Hitman short clip where Hitman is breezely spanking Undertaker , that was another classic rivalry , Taker v Hart
that was such an awful match Sid vs Taker.
I liked Taker's running DDT and flying lariat which he stopped doing later on as well.

What do you guys think about WWE bringing back the Uncle Howdy character with Bo Dallas? They have started showing QR Codes during RAW the same way they did with Bray, which means his return is around the corner. I feel like alot of people might have a problem with this because of it's association with Bray but I wanna see what they do.
Not really interested. Don't think Bo is as good as Bray when it comes to doing those spooky characters. But I understand it might be an emotional deal for Bo.

Paul Heyman, Eric, Jeff Jarett, Jim Cornette and even Dixie to an extent, can't believe I said that, and oh Gabe Sapolsky; all had their fair share of highs and lows, but even in their lows I have not seen any sort of attempt to compete with WWE fall this low. These guys started small/humble and kept building, where they lacked in resource, they made up for it in innovation, and creating a genuine identity / product ethos. AEW doesn't have an identity or real culture; this plagued them right from the start, they were just the flavour of the month and Punk helped mask the cracks. I think Collision came the closest to presenting itself as the alternate to WWE which AEW as a whole should have been.
AEW is basically just a big budget indie show.

AEW is basically just a big budget indie show.

Nah it’s far worse because they don’t know what they are themselves, identity crisis down there.

Some of the best independent promotions ever were well oiled, tightly run ships such as the now defunct Frontier Wrestling Alliance, Ring Of Honour and Evolve.

AEW doesn’t remotely have the aura of those legendary companies or even ICW/IWW and I wont forgive them for eating up the independent competition, it’s impossible for promoters to start fresh now.

That'd be too much of a hassle to read won.

The fact that he never gave any Kurt Angle, Daniel Bryan(in WWE), Eddie Gurrero (WWE), Undertaker(after 1998), HBK(in his second run), Benoit (in WWE), Edge, Randy etc etc a single 5 star match shows how much bias the imbecile has against wwe. Plus he's been giving every other match 5+ stars in last 7-8 years which is stupid.
It always makes me laugh when people remind him of that in interviews. That he never gave Kurt match a 5 star rating. I hope people never let him live that down.

It always makes me laugh when people remind him of that in interviews. That he never gave Kurt match a 5 star rating. I hope people never let him live that down.

And Kurt Angle is always so positive about it, proper champion.

I feel as though his TNA run enhanced his legacy but he thinks otherwise, Kurt feels if he didn’t leave the WWE, maybe he’d have been regarded as the greatest ever; this is why he also never signed with AEW in their early days, he wanted to end his career with a high profile global powerhouse.

But he needed to leave the WWE then, if he didn’t, I don’t know if he would still be alive………..

Back