[VIDEO] Babar Azam comes under attack in Pakistan parliament for the side's early exit from ICC T20 World Cup 2024

FearlessRoar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
View attachment VbHif_hYDCEiuoXg.mp4

'Jalsa rakhe, kaghaz lehra kar bole...': Skipper Babar Azam roasted in Pakistan parliament after early T20 World Cup exit

Pakistan's disastrous T20 World Cup campaign in the USA has expectedly triggered a backlash against the players and skipper Babar Azam, in particular, has found himself in the eye of the storm, receiving flak from all quarters.

From questions being raised over his return as captain to his poor run with the bat amid Pakistan's early exit from the cricketing extravaganza, under-fire Babar has been receiving criticism left, right and centre.

And Pakistan's horror show also recently came up in the national parliament when Abdul Qadir Patel of Pakistan National Assembly roasted Babar over the team's debacle showpiece event. Referring to former Pakistan's cricket team captain and Prime Minister Imran Khan's 2022 move of waving a document at a rally, days before his ouster, Abdul Qadir advised Babar to do the same.

"Ye cricket team ko kya hua hai (What’s wrong with our cricket team?). They lost to America (USA), they lost to India. Babar Azam should take a lesson from one of his senior cricketers (hinting at Imran Khan) and throw a party after losing where he should wave some documents in public stating, 'There’s been a conspiracy against me'," Abdul Qadir said.

"And when PCB asks him what’s written on that paper, he would say, ‘It’s no more with me. I lost it."

There have been several accusations on the team but I insist, Ab to ek ho jao Pakistan ke liye. Ab to ek ho jao gareeb awaam ke liye (Please get united for Pakistan), he added.

The 2009 champions and also the finalists of 2007 and 2022 editions, lost to USA and India in their first two group games to exit the tournament even before the Super Eights.

Last edited:
Pakistan has so many burning issues to solve. Of course, cricket team has to take priority of all the issues.

View attachment 144692

'Jalsa rakhe, kaghaz lehra kar bole...': Skipper Babar Azam roasted in Pakistan parliament after early T20 World Cup exit

Pakistan's disastrous T20 World Cup campaign in the USA has expectedly triggered a backlash against the players and skipper Babar Azam, in particular, has found himself in the eye of the storm, receiving flak from all quarters.

From questions being raised over his return as captain to his poor run with the bat amid Pakistan's early exit from the cricketing extravaganza, under-fire Babar has been receiving criticism left, right and centre.

And Pakistan's horror show also recently came up in the national parliament when Abdul Qadir Patel of Pakistan National Assembly roasted Babar over the team's debacle showpiece event. Referring to former Pakistan's cricket team captain and Prime Minister Imran Khan's 2022 move of waving a document at a rally, days before his ouster, Abdul Qadir advised Babar to do the same.

"Ye cricket team ko kya hua hai (What’s wrong with our cricket team?). They lost to America (USA), they lost to India. Babar Azam should take a lesson from one of his senior cricketers (hinting at Imran Khan) and throw a party after losing where he should wave some documents in public stating, 'There’s been a conspiracy against me'," Abdul Qadir said.

"And when PCB asks him what’s written on that paper, he would say, ‘It’s no more with me. I lost it."

There have been several accusations on the team but I insist, Ab to ek ho jao Pakistan ke liye. Ab to ek ho jao gareeb awaam ke liye (Please get united for Pakistan), he added.

The 2009 champions and also the finalists of 2007 and 2022 editions, lost to USA and India in their first two group games to exit the tournament even before the Super Eights.

These parliamentarians should be the last to criticize anything in this country. They are the reason why this country is at this stage and suffering at every department including Cricket.

Don't they have more important topics to discuss in the parliament
PCB is a govt organization, and its performance should be discussed in the parliament.

This is a very good thing that it got discussed in parliament.

Lets roll back a little of what happened recently.

PCB used to come under some interprovince council under the federal govt. Thus, PCB has to follow the procedures interms of who they bring or remove as chairman. When the establishment wanted to plant Mohsin Naqvi as chairman after Shaheen (Then Captain) posted a picture of Imran Khan on twitter, they had PCB removed rom IPC and bought it directly under the cabinet of PM office. Thus, protecting the appointee from being removed through court procedures.

Thus, by having such discussions, some guy needs to raise the point that bring PCB back under IPC.

shameless bobby..still will continue captaincy... do whatever you can attitude

Last edited by a moderator:
Don’t they have anything better to discuss about betterment of the awam instead of discussing an old news that everyone has already roasted Babar and PCT for? Just a politician trying to get any political leverage out of this! 🤦🏼‍♂️

This keeps happening. Pakistan’s history is full of these stupid things. Wasim Akram has gone through worse. These things don’t define legacies in Pakistan. Said that, Babar isn’t going to achieve what Kohli and Tendulkar have achieved, won’t be any way near them. At this stage I don’t believe he would be even in top 20 ODI batsmen from subcontinent and there is no point even talking about Tests. However, he still has good 5-6 years left so let’s see what he achieves.

Last edited by a moderator:
meh… who cares about problems of the country like going bankrupt, resolve internal problems. Lets pin point on azam khans eating habits and criticize babar azam. But lets make him captain again..problem solved. Country out of bankruptcy and flourishing like azam khans average of 8.

They parliament damn cares! because they all are cut from same cloth

These parliamentarians should be the last to criticize anything in this country. They are the reason why this country is at this stage and suffering at every department including Cricket.
At the end of the day it is still a sport. You can accept a team or a group of players trying but not being good enough. What you cannot accept are a group of incompetent, corrupt, rich lawmakers who face zero accountability for putting this country in the absolute doldrums it is in.

Lol at these politicians. Destroyed the whole country and instead of asking for forgiveness from ALLAH and the people of this country, they are making these kinds of jokes in Parliament. No wonder why this country is at the edge of being a defaulter.

At the end of the day it is still a sport. You can accept a team or a group of players trying but not being good enough. What you cannot accept are a group of incompetent, corrupt, rich lawmakers who face zero accountability for putting this country in the absolute doldrums it is in.
The roots goes back to IK when he intervene in the domain of PCB. He was the unnecessary bridge between politics and sports.

The roots goes back to IK when he intervene in the domain of PCB. He was the unnecessary bridge between politics and sports.
Government interference in cricket in Pakistan is a story as old as time. Long before Imran even came into politics.

Any past example when the PM intervened selection of the playing team?
I don't recall Imran intervening in the selection of a playing team. When did that happen? I was talking about the government being responsible for appointing/removing the patron of the PCB. And almost always going with someone that is politically connected to them, rather than a professional who knows how to run things.

Back