[VIDEOS] Pakistan to play a 4-match T20I series in England in 2024

Cricket Warrior

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
England men's and women's teams will kick off the 2024 summer at home with concurrent white-ball series against Pakistan.

The England men's team will play a four-match T20I series at home against Pakistan in late May before they head to the Caribbean to defend the ICC Men's T20 World Cup title.

2024 ENGLAND MEN’S HOME SCHEDULE

T20I Series v Pakistan Men

May 22: 1st T20I – Headingley, Leeds

May 25: 2nd T20I – Edgbaston, Birmingham

May 28: 3rd T20I – Sophia Gardens, Cardiff

May 30: 4th T20I – The Kia Oval

Last edited:
GLAMORGAN EXTENDS NO ALCOHOL ZONE FOR PAKISTAN INTERNATIONAL DUE TO HIGH DEMAND

Due to demand, we are delighted to announce that we have extended the No Alcohol zone for the England vs Pakistan IT20 on Tuesday, 28th May.

We always aim to make Sophia Gardens the most welcoming stadium to all, so we are pleased to be able to make these tickets available.

Pakistani speedster and new Pakistan IT20 captain Shaheen Shah Afridi is no stranger to Sophia Gardens, after playing for Welsh Fire during the 2023 edition of The Hundred.

Shaheen said: ‘I have honestly really enjoyed Cardiff; we have had some good memories here when we have played for Pakistan as well.

‘The crowd is always amazing throughout the games; it is always full, and we love playing in Cardiff.

“It felt like we were playing in Lahore at times during The Hundred, with so many Pakistani fans coming to support us.

‘We know that International cricket is totally different, and we cannot wait to come back to Sophia Gardens with Pakistan next year and play in front of a full crowd again!’

Last edited by a moderator:
This will be a good series for Pakistan against a top side before the T20 World Cup.

Good scheduling for preparation before WC by both the ECB and PCB. 2 finalists of last edition against each other. Should be a good contest too.

Good series and a chance for the new players, who made it to the squad, to make it to the final squad for the T20 World Cup.

18th April 2024, Birmingham: To kick off the build-up to the eagerly anticipated joint Men’s and Women’s series between England and Pakistan, starting at Edgbaston on 11th May, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) marked the countdown by hosting a showcase tape ball cricket event full of vibrant music, entertainment and food.

Taking place at a former gas works site in Digbeth, Birmingham, the unique venue was transformed into a festival of cricket and South Asian culture.

With stars from the England Men’s, Women’s and Physical Disability teams playing alongside celebrities from the media and entertainment world, grassroots tape ball players from across the country and children from the local Chance To Shine programmes.

Those in attendance were treated to vibrant Bhangra music, authentic South Asian cuisine and a local DJ, bringing to life the intensity and spectacle of the stadium experience this summer.

Heather Knight, Adil Rashid, Jamie Goodwin and Dawid Malan showed off their tape ball skills alongside special guests including women’s cricket fans Kate Lawler and Shazia Mirza, TV stars Kai Fagan and Jasmine Boatswain, and England women’s rugby player Heather Fisher, in a celebrity invitational match.

Tape ball cricket started on the streets of Karachi, Pakistan, in the 1960s and has been played by millions of people across the world. It is an ever-growing casual form of the game played predominately by South Asian communities in England and Wales, with an estimated 20,000 players taking part recreationally at present. It is an integral part of Pakistani and South Asian cricket culture, using a tennis ball wrapped in electrical tape, providing a thrilling, fast-paced experience, not reliant on a traditional cricket setting or protective gear; embodying the inclusive spirit of the sport.

Heather Knight, England Women’s Captain said: “It’s massively important to us as players that entry into the game is as inclusive and accessible as possible, and tape ball is a fantastic way of opening up cricket to a wider audience of kids and adults alike who traditionally might not have had the chance to play cricket.

"The showcase event showed just how special creating moments like this are for the local community and we absolutely loved being a part of it, you could feel the energy and excitement ahead of the upcoming series.

“This summer is going to be next level, especially with Pakistan coming over, and the electric atmosphere both their and our fans create. I can’t wait to get down to Edgbaston for our first match next month and kick off the summer of cricket on home soil.”

Adil Rashid, England Men’s world no.1 T20 bowler said: “I used to play tape ball in the street with my brothers and it would get really competitive. It’s such a great format of the game, can be played anywhere by anyone and that’s what cricket should be about.

"It's brilliant that there's now a national tape ball competition. It's really important give people across the country the opportunity to play.

“The British Pakistani community is cricket-mad, the game unites us and the upcoming series is going to be incredible for the players and fans – we’re going to put on a show. This event really brought the Pakistan party to town early and now we can’t wait to get out there and entertain!”

Kate Lawler, TV personality and women’s cricket fan commented: “I’ve always loved cricket because of my dad and we’ve been to so many games together. It’s a fantastic day out. I’m really excited about watching England Women play this summer, they were incredible last year and I have no doubt they’ll take it to the next level this year.

“It’s been amazing attending this event in Birmingham, celebrating tape ball. I had never heard of it, but from watching it first-hand I love how accessible it is and how so many different people come together to play it – that’s really special. It’s got me super excited ahead of the summer of cricket and I’ll be cheering on the girls for sure.”

The showcase event highlighted the work the ECB and its Core Cities programme has undertaken to launch a new National Core Cities Tape Ball Cricket Competition across the country, announced on the morning of the event. The new tape ball competition is designed to extend the reach and accessibility of casual cricket to more communities, promote informal styles of play in non-traditional environments and embrace diverse formats of the game to grow the sport.

Sabah Hamed, the ECB’s Diverse Communities Volunteer Manager, added: “We want to ensure access to playing cricket is possible no matter where you’re from or what facilities are around you and tape ball cricket is a vital format of the game in helping reach communities in key cities across the country.

"The launch of the new National Core Cities Tape Ball Competition is incredibly exciting and part of the ECB’s commitment to growing diversity and inclusivity throughout cricket. We hope the event has helped inspire some of the next generation to give cricket a try or come down to watch an England vs Pakistan match to see what it’s all about.”

ECB

List of players coming back from IPL for Pakistan series

Punjab Kings:
Sam Curran, Jonny Bairstow, Liam Livingstone

Royal Challengers Bengaluru: Will Jacks, Reece Topley

Kolkata Knight Riders: Phil Salt

Chennai Super Kings: Moeen Ali

Rajasthan Royals: Jos Buttler

My expectations from the tour:

Get whitewashed

When setting a target, we won’t cross 200 in any of the games.

When bowling first, expect a century opening partnership.

When chasing a target, we’ll fall short by at least 20+ runs in every game.

When defending a target, expect 5-6 dropped catches at crucial moments in the game.

Babar to go missing at the start of the series, ends up saving face by scoring a meaningless 50 in the last game.

Naseem Shah top wicket taker

Shadab the batsman will probably be exposed.

Saim Ayub will be dropped after 1 failure in the series.

My expectations from the tour:

Get whitewashed

When setting a target, we won’t cross 200 in any of the games.

When bowling first, expect a century opening partnership.

When chasing a target, we’ll fall short by at least 20+ runs in every game.

When defending a target, expect 5-6 dropped catches at crucial moments in the game.

Babar to go missing at the start of the series, ends up saving face by scoring a meaningless 50 in the last game.

Naseem Shah top wicket taker

Shadab the batsman will probably be exposed.

Saim Ayub will be dropped after 1 failure in the series.

1) we'll lose but whitewash is unlikely, not only can teams collapse but England's bowling is toothless, their is a chance to win if we chase although a small chance. If we bat first no chance in hell.

2) Agreed

3) Eh, Kind of a stretch, even if this was an atg line up, doubt 100 opening partnership will happen in every game they bat first lol.

4) Maybe we'll see

5) 5-6 is too much lol. Shorten it to 1-3.

6) Bowling is toothless, its worse then C string NZ besides Archer. He'll probs stat pad to a 50 a few times, no more bracewell tonworry about, Rashid and moeen ali might cause problems though, lets see

7) Won't happen, Naseem is a mess at this point. Shaheen, Amir or even abass are likely to out do him.

8) Hasn't he already been exposed? I thought 2023 wc was the final nail in the coffin?

9) He won't, he'll be dropped after the cup.

Very important that PAK get whitewashed on this trip .

If they win or draw this series, they and their fans will start overrating this team and they'll crash out of the World Cup.

A beaten PAK is a dangerous PAK.

Very important that PAK get whitewashed on this trip .

If they win or draw this series, they and their fans will start overrating this team and they'll crash out of the World Cup.

A beaten PAK is a dangerous PAK.
Trust me, even if Pakistan get whitewashed you'll still be hearing how their an unpredictable team capable of winning the cup.

Delusions were high even after India beating in Asia cup, people went bharanga mode on Sri lanka, not realising that conceding 340+ to them was a huge cause if concern.

Trust me, even if Pakistan get whitewashed you'll still be hearing how their an unpredictable team capable of winning the cup.

Delusions were high even after India beating in Asia cup, people went bharanga mode on Sri lanka, not realising that conceding 340+ to them was a huge cause if concern.
Do you remember Babar’s presser pre World Cup when asked about whether he sees his side reach the semis?

“Semis? Na bruv we are going all the way to the final”

I could head to Cardiff's Sophia Gardens or Birmingham's Edgbaston to catch a game, but it might be uncomfortable if Pakistan loses. I'd rather not go, as there seems to be a higher likelihood of that happening.

This is painful because I can easily go to Headingley. If anyone sees a chemist opposite the ground - I've worked there many times. When you peer through the window of the shop at night - the view outside with the stadium lights on is stunning.

But the manner in which Babar politicked to regain the captaincy was like a kick to the gut. I really wanted Shaheen to be given a chance as captain.

Frankly, PCB have abused the loyalty of PAK fans. Why should we keep putting with this nonsense ?

Good series from a preparations point of view. For once they need to field their best XI in the ground.

Do you remember Babar’s presser pre World Cup when asked about whether he sees his side reach the semis?

“Semis? Na bruv we are going all the way to the final”
So what should have been his answer?
No we will crash out before semis?

So what should have been his answer?
No we will crash out before semis?
Nothing wrong with being honest.

But hey, I probably would have said that we will do our best to reach the Semis. Keep it simple, not talk like I am Akshay Kumar when I know I am not.

I will certainly not be attending any Pakistan matches held in the UK, whilst we are led by a selfish stat padding mental midget.

Good to see you voting with your feet type thing.

Let's see how well these games are attended by others who love supporting their team with pride.

But hey, I probably would have said that we will do our best to reach the Semis. Keep it simple, not talk like I am Akshay Kumar when I know I am not.
You know that's not possible. It just is not possible. It's easy to write things but there's no way. Imagine for a second if they had won a cup; right now, people would have been taking his name for being so confident that they would reach the final, and eventually they would win it as well. Ronaldo, being the most popular footballer, used to text people that they were going to win the match. Knowing that his team is so weak, that's what makes or breaks you. In Babar's case, he failed to qualify, and he is also responsible for not performing, but there's nothing wrong with being confident, even if that's fake.

Babar: I don't think we will reach the semi-finals but we will try.

Rana: Ae Dekh G, this is our captain; he has such a weak mindset.

I believe you are saying that he should have been honest; it would have given you the content.😂😂

It would be a tough series just before the World Cup. If Pakistan loses they will go to the event with immense pressure on them.

If babar said we will try to reach semi's, fans would have eaten him alive and claimed he has a loser mindset.

If he says we will take it all the way, Babar will just get memed.

I think the best approach is either no comment or just say its time to back the boys

This is painful because I can easily go to Headingley. If anyone sees a chemist opposite the ground - I've worked there many times. When you peer through the window of the shop at night - the view outside with the stadium lights on is stunning.

But the manner in which Babar politicked to regain the captaincy was like a kick to the gut. I really wanted Shaheen to be given a chance as captain.

Frankly, PCB have abused the loyalty of PAK fans. Why should we keep putting with this nonsense ?
I don't understand why people still support babar?

Since 2022 his form has regressed, Fans who once use to hype babar over the moon and consider him as Pakistan's answer to Kohli now just hide behind the excuse of, Well we don't have a Travis head.

Like guys, you were claiming he's the greatest batsmen in the world, now you're claiming we need to find a Travis head who by your own logic is inferior to the greatest in the world?

Babar since 2022 has his avg drop from 48 to 40, had he not scored in the last t20, it would have dropped to 39, and yet we give him captaincy when he's proven he sucks at it and uses captaincy to give himself opening, another position he sucks at.

This series is going to be a difficult one. England will be coming hard with their full squad and there will be no excuse left for Pakistan. Pakistan should be looking to play their first-choice 11 in every game to give them ample time to adjust. Not many changes needed I guess.

This series is going to be a difficult one. England will be coming hard with their full squad and there will be no excuse left for Pakistan. Pakistan should be looking to play their first-choice 11 in every game to give them ample time to adjust. Not many changes needed I guess.
Ireland is the last series for them to adjust squad combo's, after that, if they flunk Ireland, no point in panicking, Pakistan has a history of never preparing properly, so might as well just wing it with best 11 in every game and pray to Allah all goes well.

This tour would be an eye opener for us provided if we ever opened before the debacle in T20 WC 2024.

Usman Khan is saying that he expects batting wickets in England. So, I hope for high scoring encounters between England and Pakistan.

That will be their reward if Saim fails

They will be rewarded to work together, score 50s and promote Saya Corporation
It's fine bro, no need to panic, we have the worlds 3rd best t20 batsmen and 4th best t20 bat opening. What could go wrong. 👀

It's fine bro, no need to panic, we have the worlds 3rd best t20 batsmen and 4th best t20 bat opening. What could go wrong. 👀
It’s shocking because with those two ranked players, we are also ranked 7 in the world now.

It’s shocking because with those two ranked players, we are also ranked 7 in the world now.
Tbh bro we might decrease further.

The USA team isn't that weak based of the squad sent. Same with Canada and Ireland.

Don't get me wrong, Pakistan is still leagues > them but collapses can happen to anyone, and Pakistan is not a team that can recover like Australia can.

If Corey Anderson has his once in a blue moon click, we are toast. That's the biggest issue with pakistan's t20 team. Their no worry on Babar and rizwan and chacha performing lol.

But any other team has the luxury of one hit wonders soloing the game.

People may correct me, if am not wrong this is the first pak team is playing against a top team with all the opposition first choice squad (in a long time). This should really gives a reality check for the kirtsen, pak new mgmt, fans reg t20 world cup.

People may correct me,if am not wrong this is the first pak team is playing against a top team with all the opposition first choice squad. ( in a long time).This should really gives a reality check for the kirtsen,pak new mgmt,fans reg t20 world cup .
No, we played full string NZ in Jan and lost 4-1. The final game we somehow pulled a win cause it was a rare collapse, but we were stomped otherwise.

People may correct me,if am not wrong this is the first pak team is playing against a top team with all the opposition first choice squad. ( in a long time).This should really gives a reality check for the kirtsen,pak new mgmt,fans reg t20 world cup .
You are right. This is the first full strength T20 side I can recall since Babar was appointed captain. The NZ squad in the Tri series too.

Pak should give England a tough fight a win a couple if middle order performs somehow

You are right. This is the first full strength T20 side I can recall since Babar was appointed captain. The NZ squad in the Tri series too.
I can't call nz a top side 😀. One more issue was nz was playing on slow pitches instead of batting surfaces to test pak.now eng will play pak only on batting surfaces to test pak in perfect opposite direction.

No, we played full string NZ in Jan and lost 4-1. The final game we somehow pulled a win cause it was a rare collapse, but we were stomped otherwise.
But when I saw the team composition, half of nz team was different from t20 wc squad

If the top order goes early that just puts pressure. They have to duck to avoid losing wickets. But when Babar and rizwan perform they put pressure as well because they don't utilise the PP.

That's the issue
true!

in England we have to score above 200 everytime if we really want to test Englands batting and with such weak opening combo this is looking an impossible task to achieve.

I think Usman Khan should open the innings in the England series with Mohammad Rizwan. Saim Ayub is done and dusted. Salman Ali Agha should bat at 4.

I think Usman Khan should open the innings in the England series with Mohammad Rizwan. Saim Ayub is done and dusted. Salman Ali Agha should bat at 4.
Where u will adjust Fakhar Zazam then? because either he can play as an opener or at #4 position.

England will most probably be too powerful for Pak. Expect the England to win all three matches.

England is a bad venue for cricket because of its rainy weather but Pakistan has some good memories there. I hope we have a full series on without any hiccup of rain.

Salman doesn't fit in the XI. Unless you open with Rizwan and Fakhar. Then Salman can come at no. 4. But why shake this XI when Fakhar is also fit at no. 4.

It’s a genuine question. Rizwan clings on to Babar everywhere

Maybe they have both been given a room to share. Just like Amir and Imad most likely share rooms on tour.

Out of these 18 players. The selection committee is going to announce 15 players for the WT20 squad right? The remaining 3 will become backup.

Because bringing in a player from outside of these 18 will be very awkward. As you already announced your 18 for England tour. So whoever from outside you'll be bringing in will not even be playing in England and will just fly to USA for the WT20.

But that's not it. Because then there will be a player or two who will still be in the England tour squad. Eligible to play but won't be in the WT20? So are you going to play them knowing they are not in WT20? Lol

Unless mid tour you change the squad.

Out of these 18 players. The selection committee is going to announce 15 players for the WT20 squad right? The remaining 3 will become backup.

Because bringing in a player from outside of these 18 will be very awkward. As you already announced your 18 for England tour. So whoever from outside you'll be bringing in will not even be playing in England and will just fly to USA for the WT20.

But that's not it. Because then there will be a player or two who will still be in the England tour squad. Eligible to play but won't be in the WT20? So are you going to play them knowing they are not in WT20? Lol

Unless mid tour you change the squad.
Yes, out of these 18, 15 will go ahead. Hasan, Saim and Haris might miss out ( due to fitness). Irfan khan's place is also not 100% in.

1st game against England is very important in this context.

Fakhar has to open he should always open the innings.

somehow low IQ babar has to realize that making fakhar zaman open the innings is best outcome for the team but that babar loser don't care about the team.

Fakhar has to open he should always open the innings.

somehow low IQ babar has to realize that making fakhar zaman open the innings is best outcome for the team but that babar loser don't care about the team.
There is a group of fans who feel Fakhar is best for number 4 because he bashes spin the best….

Hahahahahahahahaahhahahahaha

There is a group of fans who feel Fakhar is best for number 4 because he bashes spin the best….

Hahahahahahahahaahhahahahaha
He is a pure opener. He should always open the innings whether it's t20s odis whatever the format is. Fakhar should always open the innings he must open.

Whoever came with no.4 position for him has destroyed Pakistan's t20i team.

He is a pure opener. He should always open the innings whether it's t20s odis whatever the format is. Fakhar should always open the innings he must open.

Whoever came with no.4 position for him has destroyed Pakistan's t20i team.
The person who came up with this decision was not sincere to Pakistan cricket.

He was adamant on destroying Sarfaraz’s career by enforcing Rizwan in the team. And he didn’t know how to make Rizwan work besides playing him as an opener. Babar being the captain wasn’t going to give up his own position where he can easily stat-pad.

They built a lie telling Fakhar “you are better suited to bat in the middle, Babar and Rizwan are better openers than you”.

Fakhar is a Shareef person, he just quietly took it.

The person who came up with this decision was not sincere to Pakistan cricket.

He was adamant on destroying Sarfaraz’s career by enforcing Rizwan in the team. And he didn’t know how to make Rizwan work besides playing him as an opener. Babar being the captain wasn’t going to give up his own position where he can easily stat-pad.

They built a lie telling Fakhar “you are better suited to bat in the middle, Babar and Rizwan are better openers than you”.

Fakhar is a Shareef person, he just quietly took it.
It was fakhar himself who said that Misbah told him to bat at 4 and you will do good at number 4 spot.

It was fakhar himself who said that Misbah told him to bat at 4 and you will do good at number 4 spot.
Can you share proof? Fakhar recently said Misbah told him to bat in the middle where he can offer more to Pakistan instead of opening.

Back