[VIDEOS/PICTURES] Pakistan Women's performance discussion

Happy birthday Sidra Nawaz

The wicketkeeper-batter has so far featured for Pakistan women’s team in 123 matches and has 105 dismissals to her name.

Schedule for West Indies women tour to Pakistan announced

Pakistan are all set to host their final set of ICC Women’s Championship 2022-25 matches at home as West Indies are scheduled to arrive in Karachi on 14 April to feature in eight white-ball matches. Three ODIs – part of ICC Women’s Championship 2022-25 – will be played at the National Bank Stadium (NBS) in Karachi on 18, 21 and 23 April. The ODI series will be followed by five T20Is, to be played at the same venue. The T20Is are scheduled for 26, 28, 30 April, 2 and 3 May.

The ODIs are set to begin at 330pm PKT, while the first ball in the T20Is will be bowled at 730pm PKT.

Pakistan women’s team are currently ranked third in the ICC Women’s Championship 2022-25, securing 16 points from 18 matches, whereas the West Indies women’s team are positioned at number nine with eight points from 12 outings.

In the ICC Women’s T20I rankings, Pakistan are placed at eighth position, while West Indies occupy the sixth spot.

The forthcoming West Indies women’s team tour to Pakistan will be their second tour since 2021. West Indies last visited Karachi in November 2021 and featured in three ODIs. The upcoming ICC Women’s Championship 2022-25 series will also be the fourth series hosted at home by Pakistan Cricket Board. Sri Lanka (June 2022), Ireland (November 2022) and South Africa (September 2023) women’s cricket teams have visited Pakistan during this period.

Pakistan’s last series in the ICC Women’s Championship 2022-25 will be the tour to England taking place in May this year.

Head of Women’s Cricket Tania Mallick: “We extend a warm welcome to the West Indies women's team to Pakistan for the upcoming series. Hosting the fourth women's championship series at home within the 2022-25 cycle is a testament to PCB's commitment to promoting women's cricket and providing our players with opportunities to shine on the international stage.

“The forthcoming series against West Indies is not just about cricket; it's about developing relationships and strengthening bonds between cricketing nations.

“With the ICC Women's Championship 2022-25 coming to its conclusion for the Pakistan women’s team, the stakes are higher than ever for the women’s team to qualify directly for the ICC Women’s ODI World Cup. The current position of the Pakistan women’s team reflects our determination and dedication, and we aim to collect maximum points from the three championship matches at home.

“Later this year, the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup is also taking place. In light of this event and the team’s recent good performances in the shortest format, we have scheduled five T20Is against West Indies. The T20I series will help the selectors finalise the squad for the mega event.”

Series schedule:

14 Apr – West Indies women’s team arrival in Karachi

18 Apr – First ODI at National Bank Stadium (NBS), Karachi (330pm local time) (ICC Women’s Championship)

21 Apr – Second ODI at NBS (330pm local time) (ICC Women’s Championship)

23 Apr – Third ODI at NBS (330pm local time) (ICC Women’s Championship)

26 Apr – First T20I at NBS (730pm local time)

28 Apr – Second T20I at NBS (730pm local time)

30 Apr – Third T20I at NBS (730pm local time)

2 May – Fourth T20I at NBS (730pm local time)

3 May – Fifth T20I at NBS (730pm local time)

PCB

Javeria Khan announces retirement from international cricket

Lahore, 21 March 2024:

Javeria Khan has announced her retirement from international cricket 15 years after making her ODI debut in Kurunegala, Sri Lanka in a Women’s Asia Cup fixture against Sri Lanka on 6 May 2008. The right-handed batter made her T20I debut against Ireland in Dublin in 2009.

Javeria went on to represent Pakistan women’s team in 228 international matches and scored 4,903 runs, which included two centuries and 25 half-centuries. She also bagged 28 international wickets.

Javeria is currently listed as the second leading run scorer in ODIs and T20Is for the Pakistan women's team and is the only women's cricketer from Pakistan to have scored over 2,000 runs in each format besides Bismah Maroof.

She represented Pakistan in four 50-over World Cups (2009, 2013, 2017 and 2022) and in all eight T20 World Cups (2009, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018, 2020 and 2023) held since its inception.

Javeria was also part of the Pakistan women’s team squad that won Gold medal in the 2010 and 2014 Asian Games held in China and South Korea, respectively.

Javeria also captained Pakistan women’s team in 17 ODIs and 16 T20Is. Among the 16 T20Is, she captained the side in two editions (2018 and 2020) of ICC Women’s T20 World Cups.

The 35-year-old Karachi born player also participated in the PCB Level 2 Cricket Coach course held in August last year in Lahore.

Javeria Khan said: “I want to call it a day and announce my retirement, however, I will be available for league cricket. I am grateful to the unwavering support I received throughout my career. I want to thank my family, teammates, the Pakistan Cricket Board, my department ZTBL for their support and guidance at each step, and my fans whose appreciation was instrumental in bringing out the best in me.

“I have been blessed to hold Pakistan’s flag globally.”

Head of Women’s Cricket, Tania Mallick said: “On behalf of the PCB and all cricket fans, I extend heartfelt gratitude to Javeria Khan for her invaluable contributions to women's cricket in Pakistan.

“Her glittering records with the bat speak for themselves and I am confident that her illustrious career will inspire many girls in the country to not just take up this sport but also excel at it across many years.

“As Javeria announces her retirement, we reflect on her remarkable career and services she has rendered for Pakistan cricket. We thank her for her untiring commitment and wish her all the success in her future endeavours.”

PCB

20 probables for West Indies women series announced

• Ayesha Zafar, Gul Feroza, Rameen Shamim, Sidra Nawaz and Tuba Hassan return to the 20-member probables

• The probables players to undergo training camp in Karachi from 2 April

Lahore, 25 March 2024:

The women’s national selection committee led by Saleem Jaffar has named 20 probables for the forthcoming white-ball series against West Indies women scheduled to take place at the National Bank Stadium in Karachi from 18 April to 3 May. The series includes three ODIs – part of the ICC Women’s Championship 2022-25 and five T20Is.

The first ball in the ODIs (18, 21 and 23 April) will be bowled at 330pm, while the T20Is (26, 28, 30 April, 2 and 3 May) will begin at 730pm.

Ayesha Zafar (29 ODIs, 20 T20Is), Gul Feroza (2 ODIs), Rameen Shamim (3 ODIs, 4T20Is), Sidra Nawaz (67 ODIs, 56 T20Is) and Tuba Hassan (1 ODI, 21 T20Is) are the players making a comeback. Omaima Sohail and Shawaal Zulfiqar (recovering from shoulder injury), who were part of the 17-member squad that was named for the last bilateral series against New Zealand women’s team, have been omitted from the camp probables.

The selection committee in consultation with the captain and interim head-coach will announce the 15-member squad for the ODI series during the camp in Karachi. The remaining five players of the probables camp will be released to take part in the domestic Women’s One-Day Tournament (to be announced in due course).

Probables:

Aliya Riaz, Ayesha Zafar, Bismah Maroof, Diana Baig, Fatima Sana, Ghulam Fatima, Gul Feroza, Muneeba Ali, Najiha Alvi (wk), Nashra Sundhu, Natalia Parvaiz, Nida Dar, Rameen Shamim, Sadaf Shamas, Sadia Iqbal, Sidra Amin, Sidra Nawaz (wk), Tuba Hassan, Umm-e-Hani and Waheeda Akhtar

Player support personnel: Saira Iftikhar (manager), Mauhtashim Rashid (interim head coach), Saleem Jaffar (bowling coach), Taufeeq Umar (batting coach), Hanif Malik (fielding coach), Muhammad Javed (strength and conditioning coach), Syed Nazir Ahmed (media manager), Rabia Siddiq (physiotherapist), Zubair Ahmed (analyst) and Nadia Arif (masseuse)

Chief Selector Saleem Jaffar: “The selection committee has chosen 20 probable players based on their performances in both domestic and international circuits. Ayesha Zafar, Gul Feroza, Rameen Shamim, Sidra Nawaz, and Tuba Hassan have been added to the probables camp following their performances in the last domestic event, as we aim to broaden our pool of players.

“The upcoming series against West Indies, which includes ICC Women’s Championship matches, is of utmost importance as we strive to earn maximum points to strengthen our claim for direct qualification in the ICC Women’s 50-over World Cup.”

The 20-member squad will assemble in Karachi on Monday, 1 April and will undergo a seven-day camp in Karachi from 2 April at the Hanif Mohammad High Performance Centre. The squad members and the team management will return to their hometown on 9 April for Eid and the squad will assemble again in Karachi on 13 April.

Series schedule:
18 Apr – First ODI at National Bank Stadium (NBS), Karachi (330pm local time) (ICC Women’s Championship)

Schedule for West Indies women tour to Pakistan announced

Pakistan are all set to host their final set of ICC Women’s Championship 2022-25 matches at home as West Indies are scheduled to arrive in Karachi on 14 April to feature in eight white-ball matches. Three ODIs – part of ICC Women’s Championship 2022-25 – will be played at the National Bank Stadium (NBS) in Karachi on 18, 21 and 23 April. The ODI series will be followed by five T20Is, to be played at the same venue. The T20Is are scheduled for 26, 28, 30 April, 2 and 3 May.

The ODIs are set to begin at 330pm PKT, while the first ball in the T20Is will be bowled at 730pm PKT.

Pakistan women’s team are currently ranked third in the ICC Women’s Championship 2022-25, securing 16 points from 18 matches, whereas the West Indies women’s team are positioned at number nine with eight points from 12 outings.

In the ICC Women’s T20I rankings, Pakistan are placed at eighth position, while West Indies occupy the sixth spot.

The forthcoming West Indies women’s team tour to Pakistan will be their second tour since 2021. West Indies last visited Karachi in November 2021 and featured in three ODIs. The upcoming ICC Women’s Championship 2022-25 series will also be the fourth series hosted at home by Pakistan Cricket Board. Sri Lanka (June 2022), Ireland (November 2022) and South Africa (September 2023) women’s cricket teams have visited Pakistan during this period.

Pakistan’s last series in the ICC Women’s Championship 2022-25 will be the tour to England taking place in May this year.

Head of Women’s Cricket Tania Mallick: “We extend a warm welcome to the West Indies women's team to Pakistan for the upcoming series. Hosting the fourth women's championship series at home within the 2022-25 cycle is a testament to PCB's commitment to promoting women's cricket and providing our players with opportunities to shine on the international stage.

“The forthcoming series against West Indies is not just about cricket; it's about developing relationships and strengthening bonds between cricketing nations.

“With the ICC Women's Championship 2022-25 coming to its conclusion for the Pakistan women’s team, the stakes are higher than ever for the women’s team to qualify directly for the ICC Women’s ODI World Cup. The current position of the Pakistan women’s team reflects our determination and dedication, and we aim to collect maximum points from the three championship matches at home.

“Later this year, the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup is also taking place. In light of this event and the team’s recent good performances in the shortest format, we have scheduled five T20Is against West Indies. The T20I series will help the selectors finalise the squad for the mega event.”

Series schedule:

PCB
West Indies Women’s Squad announced for Tour to Pakistan

ST. JOHN’S, Antigua – The Cricket West Indies (CWI) Women’s Selection Panel has announced the 15-member squad for the tour to Pakistan in April-May. The eight-match Series comprises three (5) T20 Internationals (T20Is) and three (3) One Day Internationals (ODIs).

Kate Wilmott was rewarded with her a call-up to the senior team for the first time, having displayed commendable performances with her right-arm medium pace, during the recently concluded CG United Women’s Super50 Cup and T20 Blaze tournaments. Qiana Joseph and Chedean Nation who also had credible performances were recalled to the tea, having missed out on the last tour to Australia in 2023.

Lead Selector for Women’s cricket Ann Browne-John said “The upcoming series against is extremely important for the team as they return to international competition after almost six months, the last series being against Australia. Apart from the three ODI, the team will get some much-needed T20 matches as they prepare to participate in the T20 World Cup later this year.”

Browne-John added, “The return of experienced player Chedean Nation will strengthen the batting and 19-year-old Fast Bowler Kate Wilmott will be making her debut. The players have just completed the regional tournament where some of the experienced players had encouraging performances, and it is hoped this will continue into the Pakistan series.”

Following the ODI Series, a gripping five-match T20I series will unfold from 26 April to 3 May. This T20I series will not only offer thrilling cricket action for fans but will provide important competitive cricket for both teams to fine-tune their skills and strategies ahead of the upcoming ICC Women's T20 World Cup, which is due to take place after the Women’s CPL in Bangladesh in September.

The West Indies Women will assemble in Dubai from 6 April for a one-week training camp as part of their preparations for the upcoming Pakistan tour.

Full Squad

1. Hayley Matthews (captain)
2. Shemaine Campbelle (vice-captain)
3. Aaliyah Alleyne
4. Shamilia Connell
5. Afy Fletcher
6. Cherry Ann Fraser
7. Jannillea Glasgow
8. Chinelle Henry
9. Zaida James
10. Qiana Joseph
11. Chedean Nation
12. Karishma Ramharack
13. Stafanie Taylor
14. Rashada Williams
15. Kate Wilmott

Lahore, 30 March 2024: The Pakistan Cricket Board has announced the schedule of National Women’s One-Day Tournament 2023/24, featuring six regional teams in the 50-over tournament.

The tournament will commence from 17 April and will conclude on 11 May, with the top two sides playing the final at the Iqbal Stadium in Faisalabad.

The six regional teams are Karachi, Lahore, Multan, Peshawar, Quetta and Rawalpindi. The tournament will be played on a double round-robin basis, with each side having an opportunity to play a minimum of 10 matches. A total of 31 matches will be played in the 25-day tournament, with the first ball expected to be bowled at 930am in each game.

The winning team will receive PKR one million, while the runners-up will get PKR 0.5 million.

The player of the tournament will be awarded PKR50,000 and player of the match in each game will receive PKR20,000. The tournament’s top performers – best batter, best bowler and best wicket-keeper – will get PKR 25,000.

Furthermore, the four-member women’s national selection committee led by Saleem Jaffar has announced the squads of the six regional sides taking part in the tournament. Karachi and Lahore sides consist of 15 players each, while the other four teams consist of 14 players each. The 15th player in the four teams will be selected from Pakistan women’s 20-member probables squad, announced for the West Indies series, where four players will be released at the end of the training camp.

Additionally, each side will have five more players in reserves. This makes a total of 90 players exclusively available, with 30 reserves, set to take part in the six-team tournament.

Head of Women’s Cricket, Tania Mallick: “It is heartening to witness an increase in the pool of players gearing up for the tournament. With the national side busy in an international series and the women’s wing hosting a domestic tournament simultaneously, it indicates that we have a good number of players available, which also reflects a bright future for women's cricket in Pakistan.

“The tournament serves a vital opportunity for our budding cricketers, including the promising U19 players, to demonstrate their abilities on a larger stage. It also offers a perfect platform for these young athletes to gain valuable experience.”

Chief Selector Saleem Jaffar: “The one-day tournament is the final event of the ongoing domestic season, and the selection committee has assembled the squads after thorough consultation with the regional coaches.

“The players are selected based on their performances in the last domestic tournaments, while some players who were injured in the previous event and are now fit have also been included.

“The tournament provides an opportunity for players to showcase their skills and gain the attention of the selection committee ahead of the England tour.”

Squads:

Karachi

Omaima Sohail (Captain), Aimen Anwar, Aliza Sabir, Anosha Nasir, Esha Rahupoto, Hurraina Sajjad, Laiba Fatima, Maham Manzoor, Masooma Jaffri, Neha Sharmeen, Syeda Aroob Shah, Wasifa Hussain, Yusra Amir, Yusra Ehtesham and Zunaira Shah

Reserves - Dina Razvi, Haniah Ahmer, Kainat Eman Shah, Khizra Liaquat and Syeda Taskyn Fatima

Lahore

Kaynat Hafeez (Captain), Amber Kainaat, Anum Amin, Ayesha Bilal, Dua Majid, Eyman Fatima, Fatima Khan, Fatima Shahid, Iram Javed, Noreen Yaqoob, Quratulain Ahsen, Saira Jabeen, Samiya Afsar, Soha Fatima and Zunash Abdul Sattar

Reserves - Areesha Noor Bhatti, Komal Khan, Laiba Nasir, Laraib Malik and Memoona Khalid

Quetta

Saima Malik (Captain), Aisha, Arijah Haseeb, Ayesha Asim, Ayesha Saddiqa, Faiza Zaman, Fareeha Mehmood, Jannat Rasheed, Kalsoom Kakar, Khair un Nisa, Kinza Wahab, Mubashra Anwar, Sumaiya Taj Muhammad and Syeda Khadija Chishty

* The 15th player in the squad will be selected from the list of probable players from the Pakistan women's series against West Indies

Reserves - Fiza Noor, Lubaba Mehmood Sarwar, Nida Sultan, Romal Khan and Shakira Kakar

Rawalpindi

Humna Bilal (Captain), Aima Saleem Satti, Fajar Naveed, Farzana Farooq, Fatima Zahra Shah, Laiba Mansoor, Lubna Behram, Madiha Bibi, Maham Anees, Maryam Shehzadi, Mubeen Ahmed, Rida Aslam, Sania Rasheed and Tania Saeed

* The 15th player in the squad will be selected from the list of probable players from the Pakistan women's series against West Indies

Reserves - Aimen Zaheer, Amna Javed, Natasha Farooq, Noor Ul Ain Idress and Numaira Aftab

Multan

Gull Rukh (Captain), Aleena Masood, Asma Shareef, Gul-e-Uswa, Noor Ul Eman, Rabia Rafi, Rehmat Noreen, Rimsha Rajput, Saiqa Riaz, Sana Talib, Shabnam Hayat, Shahmeer Rajput, Tasmia Rubab and Wajeeha Munir

Reserves - Aleesa Mukhtiar, Aqsa Yousaf, Muqadas Bukhari, Rimsha Saeed and Samina Aftab

Peshawar

Mahnoor Aftab (Captain), Fatima Zeb, Aleena Shah Afridi, Anaya Khan, Asma Amin, Mahnoor Qayum, Momina Riyasat, Nayab Ishaq, Javeria Qamar, Rahima Syed, Sumbal Liyaqat, Tahzeeb Shah, Tayyba Imdad and Zaib Un Nisa

*The 15th player in the squad will be selected from the list of probable players from the Pakistan women's series against West Indies

Reserves - Kalsoom Zairullah, Mahnoor Hayat, Salwa Rahim, Shanza Naqvi and Sumbal Bibi

Pakistan women probables camp commences in Karachi

Karachi, 2 April 2024:

Pakistan women probables camp for West Indies series started today at the Hanif Mohammad High Performance Centre in Karachi. A 20-member contingent of players are taking part in the camp.

The players will undergo the camp in Karachi till 8 April and disperse to their native cities the next day to celebrate Eid-ul-Fitr. On 13 April, the squad will assemble in Karachi to prepare for West Indies series which starts on 18 April. The bilateral series includes three ODIs – part of ICC Women’s Championship 2022-25 and five T20Is.

Talking to PCB digital, interim head coach Mauhtashim Rashid said: “We had a good series against New Zealand and after that series our target was to bring improvement in the fitness of players. After the series we got time to work on players individually. We have added two new coaches to the support staff, and their presence will enhance our team's performance in the upcoming series.

“We had a good domestic season this year, which helped senior and young players to perform and get back to the side. The players who are making a comeback in the camp are the ones who have performed well in the T20 domestic event. We are also organising a one-day tournament this month, which will surely create a healthy competition among the national and junior players and it is heartening to see an increase in the pool of players. This increase in pool of players was the need of the hour and it will help us to make two separate teams for ODIs and T20Is.

“The camp for the upcoming West Indies series is organised in such a manner where we will work on players’ skills. We will challenge the players by giving them different match scenarios, will also organise different practice games, which will help the players to test their skills and achieve the targets assigned to them.”

Probables:

Aliya Riaz, Ayesha Zafar, Bismah Maroof, Diana Baig, Fatima Sana, Ghulam Fatima, Gul Feroza, Muneeba Ali, Najiha Alvi (wk), Nashra Sundhu, Natalia Parvaiz, Nida Dar, Rameen Shamim, Sadaf Shamas, Sadia Iqbal, Sidra Amin, Sidra Nawaz (wk), Tuba Hassan, Umm-e-Hani and Waheeda Akhtar

Player support personnel: Saira Iftikhar (manager), Mauhtashim Rashid (interim head coach), Saleem Jaffar (bowling coach), Taufeeq Umar (batting coach), Hanif Malik (fielding coach), Muhammad Javed (strength and conditioning coach), Syed Nazir Ahmed (media manager), Rabia Siddiq (physiotherapist), Zubair Ahmed (analyst) and Nadia Arif (masseuse)

Series schedule:

Australia’s Claire Polosak will officiate as an on-field umpire in all the eight white-ball matches between Pakistan and West Indies women cricket teams scheduled in Karachi from 18 April to 3 May.

West Indies women’s cricket team will arrive in Karachi on 14 April to play three ODIs – part of ICC Women’s Championship 2022-25 and five T20Is. All eight matches will be played at the National Bank Stadium.

In the ODI series, former Test batter and member of the PCB and ICC Elite Panel of Match Referees Ali Naqvi will lead the playing control team, while Muhammad Javed, also part of PCB and ICC Elite Panel of Match Referees will lead the playing control team in T20I series.

Alongside Polosak, Abdul Moqeet, Imran Jawed and Nasir Hussain – all part of PCB Elite Panel of Umpires will serve as on-field umpires during the ODI series. Saleema Imtiaz and Humairah Farah, both part of the PCB Women’s Panel of Umpires will be the reserve umpires for the ODI series.

For the five T20Is, scheduled from 26 April to 3 May, Polosak will be joined by Faisal Afridi (ICC and PCB Elite Panel of Umpires), Farooq Ali Khan and Tariq Rasheed – both part of PCB Elite Panel of Umpires. Afia Amin, Humairah and Saleema will be reserve umpire in the T20I series.

Umpire and match referee appointments (Matches from 18 April to 3 May)

18 April – First ODI. Claire Polosak and Nasir Hussain (on-field umpires), Abdul Moqeet (third umpire), Saleema Imtiaz (reserve umpire); Ali Naqvi (match referee)

21 April – Second ODI. Claire Polosak and Abdul Moqeet (on-field umpires), Nasir Hussain (third umpire), Humairah Farah (reserve umpire); Ali Naqvi (match referee)

23 April – Third ODI. Claire Polosak and Imran Jawed (on-field umpires), Abdul Moqeet (third umpire), Saleema Imtiaz (reserve umpire); Ali Naqvi (match referee)

26 April – First T20I. Claire Polosak and Tariq Rasheed (on-field umpires), Nasir Hussain (third umpire), Humairah Farah (reserve umpire); Muhammad Javed (match referee)

28 April – Second T20I. Claire Polosak and Tariq Rasheed (on-field umpires), Imran Jawed (third umpire) and Saleema Imtiaz (reserve umpire); Muhammad Javed (match referee)

30 April – Third T20I. Claire Polosak and Faisal Afridi (on-field umpires), Tariq Rasheed (third umpire) and Afia Amin (reserve umpire); Muhammad Javed (match referee)

2 May – Fourth T20I. Claire Polosak and Farooq Ali Khan (on-field umpires), Imran Jawed (third umpire) and Humairah Farah (reserve umpire); Muhammad Javed (match referee)

3 May – Fifth T20I. Claire Polosak and Faisal Afridi (on-field umpires), Farooq Ali Khan (third umpire) and Afia Amin (reserve umpire); Muhammad Javed (match referee)

Women's T20 Practice Match: PCB Greens v PCB Whites at the Oval Ground, Karachi

PCB Whites beat PCB Greens by five wickets

PCB Greens 144-7, 20 overs (Bismah Maroof 37, Ayesha Zafar 29; Sadia Iqbal 2-24)

PCB Whites 147-5, 19.5 overs (Fatima Sana 42 not out, Sadaf Shamas 27, Gull Feroza 26; Tuba Hassan 2-17)

The Pakistan Cricket Board has provided an update regarding two of its women players, Bismah Maroof and Ghulam Fatima, who were involved in a minor car accident on Friday evening. Despite sustaining minor injuries, both players received immediate first aid and are currently under the care of the PCB medical team.

Both players are part of the probables attending a training camp for the upcoming series against the West Indies, scheduled to begin on 18 April.

PCB

Bismah Maroof, Ghulam Fatima injured in Karachi car accident​

KARACHI (Web Desk) – Pakistan women players, Bismah Maroof and Ghulam Fatima, were injured in a minor car accident in Karachi.

The Pakistan Cricket Board has provided an update regarding the players. Despite sustaining minor injuries, both players received immediate first aid and are currently under the care of the PCB medical team.

The two players also underwent precautionary CT Scans, which came out clear.

Both players are part of the probables attending a training camp for the upcoming series against the West Indies, scheduled to begin on 18 April.

Source: Dunya News

Five women cricketers make comeback to Pakistan’s white-ball squads for West Indies series

• Tuba Hassan returns in both ODI and T20I squads; Sidra Nawaz makes a comeback in the ODI squad

• Ayesha Zafar, Gull Feroza and Rameen Shamim also return to the 16-member T20I squad

• Pakistan and West Indies women’s teams to feature in three ODIs and five T20Is from 18 April to 3 May at the National Bank Stadium in Karachi

• First and Second ODI will begin at 9.30am, first ball in the third ODI will be bowled at 3.30pm; T20Is to begin at 7.30pm

Karachi, 9 April 2024:

Five women cricketers have been recalled to the white-ball squads as the National Women’s Selection Committee, led by Saleem Jaffar, announced 16-member ODI and T20I squads against West Indies women’s team.

The three ODIs – part of ICC Women’s Championship 2022-25 - will be played between 18 and 23 April, while the five T20Is will take place from 26 April to 3 May. All eight matches will be played at the National Bank Stadium in Karachi.

For the ODI series, wicketkeeper-batter Sidra Nawaz (67 ODIs, 56 T20Is), who last featured for Pakistan women’s team in the ODI series against South Africa in Karachi in September 2023, has been recalled.

For T20Is, four players – Ayesha Zafar (29 ODIs, 20 T20Is), Gull Feroza (2 T20Is), Rameen Shamim (3 ODIs, 4 T20Is) and Tuba Hassan (selected in both squads) (1 ODI, 21 T20Is) – have been recalled. Ayesha last featured for Pakistan in the T20I format against South Africa in 2021, Gull Feroza’s last outing for the Pakistan women’s team in the T20I format was against Sri Lanka in 2022, while Rameen’s last T20I match was against South Africa in 2019. Tuba, who made her ODI debut against Australia in 2023, last appeared in the T20I format against England in the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup in 2023.

Ayesha, Gull Feroza and Rameen, who are part of T20I squad, will participate in the National Women’s One-Day Tournament commencing in Faisalabad from 17 April. Before the T20I series, the three players will rejoin the national team squad.

At the conclusion of the ODI series, Sadaf Shamas, Sidra Nawaz and Waheeda Akhtar will move to Faisalabad to take part in the domestic one-day tournament.

Leg-spinner Ghulam Fatima, who was part of the 20–player camp in Karachi, has been rested so that she can fully recover from the minor injuries she sustained in a freakish car accident last week. Bismah Maroof, who was also involved in the same accident, will undergo a fitness test next week before a decision on her selection is made.

Saleem Jaffar, Chief Selector: “The selection committee, in consultation with captain Nida Dar and interim head coach, has finalised 16-member squads for the ODI and T20I series. Five players in the squads return due to their performances in the domestic tournament and good skills they demonstrated in the camp.

“The series against the West Indies is important for us as the ODIs are part of ICC Women’s Championship 2022-25. We are aiming to secure maximum points in the series, taking advantage of our home conditions, to enhance our chances for direct qualification for next year’s ICC Women’s ODI World Cup.

“The series against the West Indies also presents an opportunity for the players to showcase their skills and secure berths for next month’s England tour. The ongoing domestic one-day tournament continues to provide chances to players not involved in the series against the West Indies to produce strong performance and stake claims for places for the England series.”

Pakistan women squad for ODI:

Nida Dar (captain), Aliya Riaz, Bismah Maroof*, Diana Baig, Fatima Sana, Muneeba Ali, Najiha Alvi (wk), Nashra Sundhu, Natalia Parvaiz, Sadaf Shamas, Sadia Iqbal, Sidra Amin, Sidra Nawaz (wk), Tuba Hassan, Umm-e-Hani and Waheeda Akhtar

Pakistan women squad for T20I:

Nida Dar (captain), Aliya Riaz, Ayesha Zafar, Bismah Maroof*, Diana Baig, Fatima Sana, Gull Feroza, Muneeba Ali (wk), Najiha Alvi (wk), Nashra Sundhu, Natalia Parvaiz, Rameen Shamim, Sadia Iqbal, Sidra Amin, Tuba Hassan and Umm-e-Hani

*Subject to fitness

START TIMING OF 18 AND 21 APRIL ODIS:

In order to facilitate local fans to witness live action of the women’s series on their television screens, the series will be broadcast live on A Sports HD. The matches will also be live-streamed on Tamasha, after consortium of Tamasha and Trans Group FZE acquired the rights for the series.

Also, to avoid clashes with the Pakistan v New Zealand Men’s T20I series scheduled during the first and second ODIs between Pakistan and West Indies women’s teams, the PCB management has rescheduled the timings of women’s matches. They are now scheduled to start at 9.30am. The third ODI will begin at 3.30pm, while the first ball in the T20Is will be bowled at 7.30pm.

The 16-member ODI squad will assemble in Karachi on 13 April to feature in the training sessions scheduled from 14 to 17 April at the National Bank Stadium. West Indies women’s cricket team will arrive in Karachi on 14 April. The media advisory of the series will be shared in due course.

Series schedule:
18 Apr – First ODI at National Bank Stadium (NBS), Karachi (0930am local time) (ICC Women’s Championship)
21 Apr – Second ODI at NBS (0930am local time) (ICC Women’s Championship)
23 Apr – Third ODI at NBS (1530 local time) (ICC Women’s Championship)
26 Apr – First T20I at NBS (1930 local time)
28 Apr – Second T20I at NBS (1930 local time)
30 Apr – Third T20I at NBS (1930 local time)
2 May – Fourth T20I at NBS (1930 local time)
3 May – Fifth T20I at NBS (1930 local time)

The Pakistan Women's Cricket Team squad checked in at a local hotel in Karachi.

Pakistan Women's Cricket Team Captain Nida Dar and Aliya Riaz will arrive in Karachi tomorrow. Batting coach Taufeeq Umar and women cricketer Bismah Maroof will join the camp on April 15.

The Pakistan women's team will commence training tomorrow.

The Pakistan Women's Cricket Team will have a training session at the National Bank Stadium tomorrow from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM.

The West Indies women's cricket team will arrive in Karachi tomorrow at 11:00 AM via a private airline.

The series of three ODIs and five T20I matches between Pakistan and West Indies women's cricket teams will commence from April 18 at the National Bank Stadium.

Three ODIs are part of the ICC Women's Championship.

As Pakistan's women get ready to face the Windies, who are the players you think could help Pakistan win the series?

1713220595702.jpeg

Expanded and rebranded National Women’s One-Day Tournament starts on Wednesday

The industrial city of Faisalabad is ready to host the expanded and rebranded National Women’s One-Day Tournament, which kicks off on Wednesday. Until last season, the 45-over competition was contested by three sides – Blasters, Challengers, and Dynamites – under the Pakistan Cup Women’s Cricket Tournament banner.

This year, the Pakistan Cricket Board, in its continued endeavor, support and promotion for women’s cricket, has included six regional sides for the competition that will be held in a double-league 50-over format, guaranteeing each side, at least 10, matches. The six regional sides competing in the event, which carries a total prize money of PKR2.245 million, are: Karachi, Lahore, Multan, Peshawar, Quetta, and Rawalpindi.

The top two sides after 30 league matches will progress to the final on 11 May, with the winning side lifting the silverware and collecting a PKR one million cheque.

The venues for this important event are Jawad Club Cricket Ground, Iqbal Stadium, and Bohranwali Cricket Ground, with Saeed Ajmal Academy Ground as the reserve venue.

Omaima Sohail will captain the Karachi Region, Lahore will be led by Kaynat Hafeez, Saima Malik will skipper Quetta, Humna Bilal will lead Multan, while Gull Rukh and Mahnoor Aftab will captain Peshawar and Rawalpindi, respectively.

Fixtures for Wednesday: Quetta vs. Rawalpindi, Jawad Cricket Club Ground; Karachi vs. Multan, Iqbal Stadium; Peshawar vs. Lahore, Bohranwali Cricket Ground.

Fixtures for Friday: Quetta vs. Peshawar, Iqbal Stadium; Lahore vs. Karachi, Jawad Club Cricket Ground; Rawalpindi vs. Multan, Bohranwali Cricket Ground.

National Women's One-Day Tournament 2023-24

Toss Update:

Karachi Women win the toss and decide to field first against Multan Women at Iqbal Stadium, Faisalabad

Quetta Women win the toss and decide to field first against Rawalpindi Women at Jawad Club Cricket Ground, Faisalabad

Peshawar Women win the toss and elect to bat first against Lahore Women at Bohranwali Ground, Faisalabad

Pakistan and West Indies ODI series commences tomorrow

Pakistan women’s team will aim to earn maximum points in the upcoming ICC Women’s Championship 2022-25 fixture against the West Indies when the three-ODI series will commence here at the National Bank Stadium on Thursday. The second and third ODI will be played on 21 and 23 April, respectively.

Nida Dar will captain fifth-ranked Pakistan (16 points), while Hayley Matthews will skipper the ninth-ranked West Indies (eight points). The matches on Thursday and Sunday will start at 0930 local time, while Tuesday’s game will start at 3.30pm.

The series will be broadcast live on A Sports HD and Geo Super, and will also be live-streamed on ARY ZAP, Tamasha and Tapmad across the country. To facilitate fans, the entrance to the stadium is free and spectators can enjoy the game from the Javed Miandad Enclosure.

Nida Dar, captain Pakistan women’s team:

“We have worked really hard for the upcoming series, knowing the significance it holds for our journey for direct qualification to the ICC Women's World Cup. The training camp before the series was intense, and our coaches left no stone unturned in refining our skills and strengthening our fitness levels.

“West Indies may have a good track record against us in ODIs, but we have been playing some excellent cricket lately, and we are eager to continue that trend in the upcoming series. Our goal is to build on our recent successes and deliver strong performances against a tough opponent.”

Hayley Matthews, captain West Indies women’s team:

“Pakistan are a dangerous opponent, especially on their home turf. They have a talented squad capable of turning the game around at any moment. We are up for the challenge, and we are determined to execute our game plan to come out on top.

“The one-week training camp in Dubai provided us with the perfect platform to refine our skills ahead of the all-important ICC Women’s Championship matches against Pakistan. As we have arrived in Karachi and had a good couple of sessions, our focus now shifts to adapting to the local conditions to do well in the series.”

Australia’s Claire Polosak will be the on-field umpire in all the three ODIs and five T20Is. For the ODIs, she will be joined by Abdul Moqeet, Imran Jawed and Nasir Hussain for the on-field umpiring duties, while Saleema Imtiaz and Humairah Farah will be the reserve umpires for the ODI series.

The three ODIs will be followed by five T20Is from 26 April to 3 May.

Squads:

Pakistan (ODIs only): Nida Dar (captain), Aliya Riaz, Bismah Maroof, Diana Baig, Fatima Sana, Muneeba Ali, Najiha Alvi (wk), Nashra Sundhu, Natalia Parvaiz, Sadaf Shamas, Sadia Iqbal, Sidra Amin, Sidra Nawaz (wk), Tuba Hassan, Umm-e-Hani and Waheeda Akhtar

West Indies - Hayley Matthews (captain), Shemaine Campbelle (vice-captain), Aaliyah Alleyne, Afy Fletcher, Chedean Nation, Cherry Ann Fraser, Chinelle Henry, Jannillea Glasgow, Karishma Ramharack, Kate Wilmott, Qiana Joseph, Rashada Williams, Shamilia Connell, Stafanie Taylor and Zaida James

Series schedule (ICC Women’s Championship 2022-25, all matches at National Bank Stadium):

18 April – First ODI (0930am local time)
21 April – Second ODI (0930am local time)
23 April – Third ODI (1530 local time)

Pakistan W v West Indies W first ODI at National Bank Stadium, Karachi

West Indies W have won the toss and are batting first.

Pakistan W v West Indies W first ODI at National Bank Stadium, Karachi

West Indies Women have posted a good total for the Pak Women to chase down in 50 overs. Will be one hell of chase for them.

nIFGD0d.png

1st ODI - Pakistan Women vs West Indies Women Update: Pakistan Women 91-4, 20 overs v West Indies Women 269-8, 50 overs.

1st ODI - Pakistan Women vs West Indies Women

West Indies Women won by 113 runs.

West Indies Women: 269-8 (50 ov)

Pakistan Women: 156-10 (35.5 ov)

Pakistani Women Cricketers really need to step up their performances, they get a lot more support, finances and media attention now.

The PCB needs to increase the talent pool for women cricketers, for far too long its been the same 20-30 cricketers in Pakistan Cricket.

There will be no hype traction for a women's psl with performances like this

1st ODI - Pakistan Women vs West Indies Women

West Indies Women won by 113 runs.

West Indies Women: 269-8 (50 ov)

Pakistan Women: 156-10 (35.5 ov)

A career-best 140 not out by Hayley Matthews gave the West Indies Women a 113-run winning start in the three-match ICC Women’s Championship 2022-2025 fixture against Pakistan Women at the National Bank Stadium on Thursday

The 26-year-old from Barbados struck 15 fours and a six in a 150-ball innings to guide her side to 269 for eight after she had won the toss and elected to bat first. Matthews then demonstrated her skills with the ball to cap a fine day in the office by grabbing three wickets for 17 runs in six overs as the home team was bowled out for 156 in 35.5 overs.

This was Matthews’s fifth career century in 81 matches and came from 125 balls with nine fours and a six. She had earlier reached her half-century from 57 balls with six fours and a six.

Hayley put on 102 runs for the second wicket with Shemaine Campbelle (45, 71b, 4x4) after Sadia Iqbal had dismissed Rashada Williams in the third over of the innings. After the West Indies slipped from 103 for one to 138 for four, Hayley added 40 runs for the fifth wicket with Chinelle Henry (23, 23b, 2x4, 1x6).

It was Hayley’s brilliance that allowed the West Indies to collect 77 runs in the last 10 overs, including 49 runs off the last 30 balls.

In their turn at the wicket, Pakistan Women were left chasing the game from the very start when they plummeted to 65 for four, which soon became 100 for six. They were eventually dismissed for 156, thanks to a 23-ball 25 by Tuba Hassan.

From the top-order, only opener Muneeba Ali (22, 33b, 1x4) and Nida Dar (19, 27b, 3x4) offered some resistance against all the accurate West Indies bowlers. Apart from Matthews, Afy Fisher and Zaida James picked up two wickets apiece, conceding 14 and 19 runs, respectively.

Scores in brief

West Indies Women beat Pakistan Women by 113 runs

West Indies Women – 269-8, 50 overs (Hayley Matthews 140 not out, Shemaine Campbelle 45, Chinelle Henry 23; Sadiq Iqbal 2-38, Tuba Hassan 2-48)

Pakistan Women 156 all out, 35.5 overs (Tuba Hassan 25, Muneeba Ali 22, Najiha Alvi 20; Hayley Matthews 3-17, Zaida James 2-14, Afy Fisher 2-19)

Player of the match: Hayley Matthews (West Indies Women)

Second ODI – Sunday, 21 April, National Bank Stadium (9.30am local time)

It is a rare sight to see the women's team winning anything against decent opposition but then in a country like Pakistan, these girls playing international cricket is itself an achievement.

Stadium to have ample water during Pak-WI women’s cricket series: KWSC​

The Karachi Water Sewerage Corporation (KWSC) on Thursday announced the completion of all arrangements at the National Bank Stadium in preparation for the ongoing Pakistan West Indies women’s cricket series.

According to a press statement released by KWSC officials, all necessary arrangements for water supply and sewerage at the stadium had been finalised. Engineer Asadullah Khan, Chief Operating Officer of the KWSC, reassured the public that all previous complaints regarding water supply and sewerage in the stadium and its vicinity had been addressed.

Additionally, Khan mentioned that free water tankers would be available at the stadium throughout the duration of the series. Elahi Bakhsh Bhutto, the Incharge of the Hydrants Cell, would oversee all arrangements, while Shahbaz Bashir, the Focal Person to the Chief Operating Officer of the Hydrants Cell, would personally ensure the thorough review of all preparations.

During the series, water tankers, jetting, and suction machines would be stationed within the stadium premises, with the KWSC staff present to address any complaints or emergencies. Highlighting the significance of hosting the Pakistan West Indies women’s cricket series in Karachi, Khan expressed the KWSC’s commitment to ensuring the success of the event, in collaboration with other departments including the Pakistan Cricket Board, sending a positive message for international cricket.

Pakistan W v West Indies W second ODI at National Bank Stadium toss update:

Pakistan W have won the toss and are batting first.

2nd ODI (ICC Championship Match) • Karachi, National Stadium

PAKW
223 (48.5)

WIW
0-0 (0.2)

West Indies Women need 224 runs

2nd ODI (ICC Championship Match) • Karachi, National Stadium

West Indies are 159-2 after 37 overs of the chase

Pakistan search for a breakthrough

PAK Women vs WI Women, 2nd ODI at Karachi

Pakistan Women 223 all out , 48.5 Ov (RR: 4.56)

West Indies Women 225/8 , 50 Ov (RR: 4.50)

WI Women won by 2 wickets (with 0 balls remaining)

Nida reaches 100-wicket milestone but West Indies snatch dramatic last-ball victory

Karachi, 21 April 2024:

Nida Dar reached the significant milestone of 100 wickets, becoming the second Pakistani women’s bowler and the 27th overall to achieve this feat. However, despite her remarkable achievement, the West Indies Women secured a thrilling last-ball victory with two wickets to spare in the ICC Women’s Championship 2022-25 fixture held at the National Bank Stadium on Sunday, taking a 2-0 lead in the series.

The visitors found themselves at 213 for five in 48 overs while chasing a target of 224 for victory. Requiring five runs off the last over and three runs off the final ball, a boundary off an outside edge from Karishma Ramharack's bat dashed the hopes of the home team.

The West Indies Women were in control of the match at 180 for three in 41 overs before Nida Dar initiated a middle-order collapse.

Nida, who joined Sana Mir as the only Pakistani bowler to claim 100 wickets, dismissed opener Rashada Williams and further dismantled the West Indies innings by accounting for Chedean Nation, Aaliyah Alleyne, and Chinelle Henry, leaving them struggling at 219 for seven after 49 overs.

Fatima Sana conceded only two runs off the first five balls of the final over and also claimed the wicket of Afy Fletcher. However, the disappointment was palpable as the ball found the boundary after brushing the outside edge of Ramharack’s bat.

Nida finished with impressive figures of 9-0-52-4, while Umm-e-Hani secured two wickets for 38 runs. Sadia Iqbal and Fatima Sana each picked up a wicket.

Stafanie Taylor played a pivotal role in the West Indies’ victory, crafting a well-constructed innings of 73 runs off 90 balls, including nine fours, before becoming the fifth wicket to fall, dismissed by Sadia Iqbal. This marked her 41st career half-century in 156 matches.

Taylor formed an essential partnership of 88 runs for the third wicket with Shemaine Campbelle, who contributed a valuable 73-ball 52 containing four fours. Campbelle had earlier combined for a 39-run partnership for the second wicket with skipper Hayley Matthews, who fell to a stunning catch by substitute Diana Baig after scoring 44 off 63 balls, including three fours.

Earlier and in front of A Sports cameras, Bismah Maroof and Sidra Amin propelled Pakistan to 223 all out in 48.5 overs.

Maroof scored a resilient 65 off 105 balls, her 21st half-century in 135 matches, while Amin struck four fours in her 70-ball 50, marking her eighth half-century in 65 matches. The duo stitched together an 80-run partnership for the second wicket from 115 balls.

The next notable partnership came for the seventh wicket, as Bismah Maroof and Najiha Alvi (25 runs off 28 balls, including one boundary) added 31 runs off 27 balls. Sadia Iqbal and Najiha Alvi put on 22 runs off 28 balls for the last wicket.

For the West Indies, Chinelle Henry claimed three wickets for 37 runs, Karishma Ramharack secured three for 48, and Afy Fletcher scooped two wickets for 46 runs.

Scores in brief

West Indies Women beat Pakistan Women by two wickets

Pakistan Women 223 all-out, 48.5 overs (Bismah Maroof 65, Sidra Amin 50, Najiha Alvi 25; Chinelle Henry 3-37, Karishma Ramharack 3-48, Afy Fletcher 2-46)

West Indies 225-8, 50 overs (Stafanie Taylor 73, Shemaine Campbelle 52, Hayley Matthews 44, Chinelle Henry 23; Nida Dar 4-52, Umm-e-Hani 2-38)

Player of the match – Stafanie Taylor (West Indies Women)

Third ODI – Tuesday, 23 April, National Bank Stadium (3.30pm start)

First ODI – West Indies Women won by 113 runs

Pakistan W v West Indies W Third ODI toss update:

West Indies W have won the toss and are batting first

Milestone Alert:yess

Fatima Sana completes her 50 wickets in ODI for Pakistan women she completed the feat during the 3rd ODI 2024 against West Indies Women.

Innings Break

WI women 278/6 after 50 overs against Pakistan Women in the 3rd ODI 2024.

Good for posing for pictures and videos these days it seems.

Really do seem to be struggling.

Good for posing for pictures and videos these days it seems.

Really do seem to be struggling.

We have had the same group of 20-25 women cricketers in the country playing day in, day out and they are never held accountable for their performances and the fact they have not won anything significant for the country. The PCB provides them with central contracts, business class travel, child care accomodation, maternity leave, fitness facilities. These players now have everything that they need to achieve success.

PCB desperately needs to inject and encourage more female cricketers to take up the game. There needs to be more competition to push these women and end their monopoly.

Matthews’ second century helps West Indies sweep ODI series

West Indies Women’s captain Hayley Matthews stroked her second century of the series to help her side convincingly beat Pakistan Women by 88 runs in the third ODI and sweep the ICC Women’s Championship 2022-25 fixture by 3-0.

Matthews, who scored 140 not out in the series opener five days ago, scored an excellent 141 to steer her side to 278 for six in 50 overs. Pakistan Women, in their run-chase, faltered to 190 all-out in 47.5 overs.

Matthews faced 149 balls and struck 19 fours in her career-best innings in 83 matches. She put on 93 runs in 110 balls for the second wicket with Shemaine Campbelle and 111 runs for the third wicket in 124 balls with Stafanie Taylor. She was the fifth batter to be dismissed at the score of 250 in the 46th over.

Campbelle contributed a 58-ball 38 with two fours, while Taylor followed up on her 73 in the previous match with a 62-ball 47 including four fours. Later in the order, Aaliyah Alleyne struck three fours in a 12-ball 20 not out to put West Indies Women in a position of strength.

For Pakistan Women, Nashra Sandhu was the most successful bowler with three wickets for 54 runs, while Fatima Sana snapped up two wickets for 67 runs.

In their run-chase, Pakistan Women were formally out of contention after losing half their side for 95 runs in 27.2 overs. Aaliya Riaz (36) and Fatima Sana (23) delayed the inevitable by adding 41 runs in 63 balls for the sixth wicket, before the home side were sent packing for 190 with 13 deliveries of their quota remaining.

Muneeba Ali top-scored with 38, while Bismah Maroof contributed 19 as the two batters added 45 runs for the third wicket.

For the West Indies Women, Aaliyah Alleyne grabbed two wickets for 10 runs, Hayley Matthews picked up two wickets for 26 runs, and Stafanie Taylor bagged two wickets for 29 runs.

After seven rounds of the ICC Women’s Championship 2022-25, Pakistan have remained in fifth position on 16 points with eight wins and 13 losses. In contrast, the West Indies have moved ahead of Bangladesh and joined Sri Lanka in seventh position on 14 points (six wins, seven losses) after five rounds.

The top five teams in the 10-team ICC Women’s Championship 2022-25, along with hosts India, will directly qualify for the ICC Women's Cricket World Cup 2025. The bottom four teams of the ICC Women’s Championship 2022-25 and the top two teams from the ICC ODI rankings will progress to a Women's Cricket World Cup Qualifier tournament.

The two sides will now go toe to toe in the five-T20I series, which will be played at the National Bank Stadium on 26 April, 28 April, 30 April, 2 May, and 3 May. The matches will commence at 7.30 pm.

Scores in brief:

West Indies Women beat Pakistan Women by 88 runs

West Indies Women - 278-6, 50 overs (Hayley Matthews 141, Stafanie Taylor 47, Shemaine Campbelle 38, Aaliyah Alleyne 20 not out; Nashra Sandhu 3-54, Fatima Sana 2-67)

Pakistan Women - 190 all-out, 47.5 overs (Muneeba Ali 38, Aaliya Riaz 36, Fatima Sana 23, Tuba Hassan 23; Aaliyah Alleyne 2-10, Hayley Matthews 2-26, Stafanie Taylor 2-29)

Player of the Match & Series – Hayley Matthews (West Indies Women)

1st ODI – West Indies Women won by 113 runs

2nd ODI – West Indies Women won by two wickets

West Indies Women won the ICC Women’s Championship 2022-25 fixture by 3-0

Mohsin Naqvi reconstitutes women’s selection committee

Lahore, 25 April 2024:

Mr Mohsin Naqvi, Chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board, has reconstituted the national women’s selection committee, expanding it to seven members. This decision follows the disappointing performance of the Pakistan women’s team against the West Indies Women, resulting in a 3-0 loss in the three-ODI series.

The retained members from the previous panel include Asmavia Iqbal and Marina Iqbal. Joining them are Abdul Razzaq and Asad Shafiq (both members of the men’s national selection committee) and former international player, Batool Fatima. In line with the men’s national selection committee make-up, the coach and captain will also be part of the national women’s selection committee.

The immediate task of the new selection committee will be to choose the Pakistan women’s team for the upcoming tour of England, where they are scheduled to play three T20Is and three ICC Women’s Championship 2022-25 fixtures from 11 to 29 May.

Despite the recent 3-0 loss to the West Indies, Pakistan currently holds the fifth position in the 10-team ICC Women Championship 2022-25. The top five teams from this championship, along with hosts India, will directly qualify for the ICC Women's Cricket World Cup 2025. The remaining teams will participate in a Women's Cricket World Cup Qualifier tournament.

PCB

Bismah Maroof announces retirement from cricket

Karachi, 25 April 2024:

Former captain Bismah Maroof has announced her retirement from all cricket with immediate effect.

A left-handed batswoman, Bismah made her ODI debut against India in 2006 and her T20I debut against Ireland in 2009. She went on to represent Pakistan in 276 international matches, the most by any Pakistan women cricketer. She has scored 6,262 international runs, including 33 half-centuries, and has taken 80 international wickets with her right-arm leg-spin.

Bismah Maroof:

“I have decided to retire from the game I love the most. It has been an incredible journey, filled with challenges, victories, and unforgettable memories.

“I want to express my gratitude to my family, who has supported me throughout my cricketing journey, from the very beginning until now.

“I also want to extend my thanks to the Pakistan Cricket Board for believing in me and providing the platform to showcase my talent. The support from the PCB has been invaluable, particularly in implementing the first-ever parental policy for me, which enabled me to represent my country at the highest level while being a mother.

“I am deeply grateful to the fans whose unwavering support has been a constant throughout my career, wherever and whenever I represented my country.

“Lastly, I would like to thank my fellow players, who have become like family to me. The camaraderie we shared both on and off the field is something I will cherish forever.”

Head of Women’s Cricket, Tania Mallick:

“As Bismah Maroof bids farewell to international cricket, we are all indebted to her immense contributions to Pakistan women's cricket. On behalf of the Pakistan Cricket Board, we extend our heartfelt gratitude to Bismah for her commitment and invaluable services to the team and the country.

“I wish Bismah all the best in her future endeavors, and may her journey ahead be as rewarding and fulfilling as her cricketing career has been.”

During her illustrious career, Bismah was part of the women’s team that won the Gold Medal twice in the Asian Games, in the 2010 and 2014 editions.

The southpaw also captained the side in 96 international matches. She represented Pakistan in four editions of the ICC Women’s 50-over World Cup (2009, 2013, 2017, and 2022), captaining the team in the 2022 edition held in New Zealand. In T20Is, Bismah featured for Pakistan in eight editions of the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup (2009, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018, 2020, and 2023) and led the side in the 2020 and 2023 editions held in Australia and South Africa, respectively.

Another useless and selfish, selfish and stat pad players. Good riddance!!!!

With the T20I series against West Indies starting tomorrow, which bowler do you think will outshine all others?

1714083778682.png

Toss Update

Pakistan W v West Indies W first T20I toss update:

West Indies W have won the toss and are batting first

Match Update:

West Indies Women 122/9

Pakistan Women (10.5/20 overs) 64/3

PAK Women need 59 runs in 55 balls.

What a heartbreak for pak woman lost the very close match by 1 run...earlier same happened in 2nd ODI too...two close match lost.

20 needed from 18 with 6 wickets left. And yet Pak W end up on the losing side.

They're even worse than the men's team.

blows my mind how they beat NZ in NZ earlier this year

West Indies Women eked out a thrilling one-run win over Pakistan Women after a hard-fought contest in the first T20I of the five-match series at the National Bank Stadium, Karachi on Friday night.

The visitors' bowler Shamilia Connell defended 12 runs in the last over as Pakistan’s duo of Tuba Hassan (6, 6b) and Najiha Alvi (7 not out, 8b, 1x4) could only score 10 runs.

Najiha brought Pakistan within touching distance of the target with a magnificent four over cover on the penultimate ball but failed to put bat on ball on the last ball resulting in Tuba’s run-out.

Pakistan set out in pursuit of the 123-run target with Sidra Amin and Gull Feroza (13, 17b, 2x4s) putting on 37-run opening partnership with the former falling for 23 with the help of three fours.

Muneeba Ali and Ayesha Zafar contributed with 18 and seven respectively. Nida joined Muneeba in the middle and the pair put on a 22-run fourth wicket partnership which was cut short by Qiana Joseph.

The experienced duo of Nida and Aliya Riaz steadied Pakistan with a 28-run fifth wicket partnership but Aliya holed out to Cherry-Ann Fraser in the 18th over.

Karishma Ramharack then dismissed Fatima Sana and Nida in the same over to leave Pakistan reeling as they required 18 off the last two overs with three wickets in hand.

Najiha and Tuba’s eighth-wicket partnership of 16 off 12 balls wasn’t enough to take Pakistan over the line. Ramharack bagged four wickets for West Indies while Afy Fletcher, Hayley Matthews and Joseph picked up one each.

Earlier, West Indies skipper Matthews fell prey to Sadia Iqbal for a rare two-ball duck after opting to bat first. Diana Baig pinned Shemaine Campbelle for two leaving West Indies 14-2.

Stafanie Taylor and Joseph rescued West Indies from dire straits with a run a ball 55-run partnership for the third wicket. Chedean Nation, Chinelle Henry and Fletcher scored 13 runs each while Aaliyah Alleyne fell for a duck.

Fraser remained unbeaten for five with the help off a four while Ramharack chipped in with two runs as West Indies finished 122-9 in the allotted 20 overs.

Fatima Sana bagged three wickets while Sadia returned with two wickets. Diana, Nida and Tuba struck one each.

The two teams will take on each other at the same venue on Sunday in the second T20I of the series.

Scores in brief:

West Indies Women beat Pakistan Women by one run

West Indies Women 122-9, 20 overs (Qiana Joseph 34, Stafanie Taylor 30; Fatima Sana 3-24, Sadia Iqbal 2-23)

Pakistan Women 121-8, 20 overs (Nida Dar 27, Sidra Amin 23, Muneeba Ali 18; Karishma Ramharack 4-15, Hayley Matthews 1-16)

Player of the match – Karishma Ramharack (West Indies Women)

Mediocre players who consistently stick together will always be mediocre.

Bismah Maroof is apparently Pakistan's best ever Cricketer. Compare her stats to Smitri Mandhana who has revolutionized and popularized Women's Cricket in India, Mandhana has a ODI SR of 81 and T20 SR of 100 plus, Maroof in comparison has an ODI SR of 58 and a T20 SR in the 80's and she is being celebrated as a legend in Pakistan.

Pakistani Women get enough social media and media exposure, they get business travel and are provided the same fitness facilities as men and have also been given maternity leave. Its about time they start delivering or make way for next upcoming cricketers.

Mediocre players who consistently stick together will always be mediocre.

Bismah Maroof is apparently Pakistan's best ever Cricketer. Compare her stats to Smitri Mandhana who has revolutionized and popularized Women's Cricket in India, Mandhana has a ODI SR of 81 and T20 SR of 100 plus, Maroof in comparison has an ODI SR of 58 and a T20 SR in the 80's and she is being celebrated as a legend in Pakistan.

Pakistani Women get enough social media and media exposure, they get business travel and are provided the same fitness facilities as men and have also been given maternity leave. Its about time they start delivering or make way for next upcoming cricketers.
Actually modeling is their first priority not performance. They neither have talent nor have any skill to play sports. PCB is wasting money for the bunch dull people. They just don't have it. PCB needs to abolish Women;s cricket. Even Thai girls have better potential, talent than our and they proved by beating us last time.

Chairman PCB, Mohsin Naqvi speaking about Ghulam Fatima during a presser:

“The first thing is that she should not have left like this without telling, it is her mistake. But we are still owning it that she made a mistake. We are getting her treatment done, and looking after her. All these players are our asset”

During today's press conference, PCB Chairman Mohsin Naqvi addressed the issue of five to six players from the national women's team going out in the evening in Karachi without informing the team management during the April 2-8 camp:

“They ended up getting involved in a road accident with at least two players getting intense injuries and they are now under treatment."

“What they did was wrong and as a result we have now appointed a full-time senior rank security police officer to be with the team round the clock and enforce proper timings."

Bismah Maroof and another female player were involved in a car accident. Both players suffered minor injuries

After few weeks Bismah takes retirement at the age of 32.

Today Mohsin Naqvi in a press conference reveals that Bismah and the other female player were not authorized and still drove their car and got into an accident and they took internal action against them. Now a women police will also be associated with the female cricket team.

Did someone die? Or what happened that an accident matter became an internal problem with no news about it

PCB needs to get strict with our women cricketers and start demanding they show results or make way for other players.

The PCB is now paying the female cricketers handsomely and giving them every facility to succeed. Naqvi mentioned that the PCB is planning to do a massive recruitment drive in schools and universities to get more and more girls to take up the sport.

West Indies Women Tour to Pakistan 2023-24

Toss: Pakistan Women win the toss and elect to bat at National Bank Stadium, Karachi

Pakistan Women set a target of 122 runs for West Indies Women.Pakistan Women: 121-7 (20 ov)

Pakistan Women 121/7

West Indies Women (18.2/20 overs) 124/3

WI Women won by 7 wickets (with 10 balls remaining)

West Indies Women’s captain Hayley Matthews produced another stellar performance with the bat and the ball to inspire her side to a comfortable seven-wicket victory over Pakistan Women, taking a 2-0 lead in the five-T20I series at the National Bank Stadium on Sunday.

Matthews returned figures of 4-0-25-3 to limit Pakistan to 121 for seven, then scored a 43-ball 58 with 10 fours as the West Indies achieved the target with 10 balls to spare.

The outstanding all-round performance earned Matthews her third Player of the Match award, after she had picked up two awards in the ODI series, also earning her the Player of the ODI Series award.

Together with Shemaine Campbelle (21), Matthews added 67 runs for the second wicket after Qiana Joseph (seven) had departed at the score of 21. After Campbelle was the third batter to be dismissed at the score of 95 in the 15th over, Chedean Nation (17 not out) and Chinelle Henry (eight not out) made sure there were no late hiccups.

Earlier, Muneeba Ali scored 55 off 47 balls with five fours as Pakistan collected 121 for seven in their innings. The top-order batters got starts but were unable to convert them into big scores. Gull Feroza scored 14, Nida Dar scored 13, and Sidra Ameen got 10. Apart from these four players, no other batter crossed the double figures.

Apart from Matthews’ three wickets, Henry, Karishma Ramharack, and Afy Fletcher took one wicket each.

Pakistan will attempt to keep the series alive when the third T20I is played at the National Bank Stadium on Tuesday.

Scores in brief:

West Indies Women beat Pakistan Women by seven wickets

Pakistan Women 121-7, 20 overs (Muneeba Ali 55; Hayley Matthews 3-25)

West Indies Women 124-3, 18.2 overs (Hayley Matthews 58, Shemaine Campbelle 21)

Player of the Match – Hayley Matthews (West Indies Women)

Innings Break

3rd T20I - Pakistan Women vs West Indies Women

West West Indies Women set a target of 133 runs for Pakistan Women.

West Indies Women: 132-5 (20 overs)

Pakistan Women lost six wickets for 10 runs as the West Indies Women came from behind to win the third T20I by two runs and take an unassailable 3-0 lead at the National Bank Stadium on Tuesday.

Pakistan were on course to achieve the 133-run target when they reached 115 for two in 16.1 overs before they lost their way and finished at 130 for eight in 20 overs. Afy Fletcher and Hayley Matthews picked up two wickets apiece, conceding 20 and 22 runs, respectively.

Pakistan required 33 runs from the last 30 balls and then 12 runs off the last six balls, including six runs from the last delivery.

This was Pakistan’s sixth straight defeat after also losing the ODI series 3-0. The remaining two T20Is will be played on Thursday and Friday.

Matthews’ fairytale run in the series, being played in Karachi, continued when she first top-scored for the West Indies and then orchestrated the Pakistan batting collapse.

Matthews scored 68 runs from 49 balls with 10 fours and put on 89 runs from 72 balls for the second wicket with Shemaine Campbelle (31) as the West Indies reached 132 for five in 20 overs.

In turn, she combined with Afy Fletcher to restrict Pakistan to 130 for eight.

For Pakistan, Sidra Amin played a breezy innings of 63 from 58 balls with seven fours but still ended up on the losing side. She put on 64 runs from 54 balls for the first wicket with Ayesha Zafar (19 from 21), 23 runs off 26 balls for the second wicket with Muneeba Ali (12), and 28 runs off 19 balls for the third wicket with captain Nida Dar (17 off 11 balls).

Scores in brief

West Indies Women beat Pakistan Women by two runs

West Indies Women 132-5, 20 overs (Hayley Matthews 68, Shemaine Campbelle 31; Fatima Sana 2-22)

Pakistan Women 130-8, 20 overs (Sidra Amin 63, Ayesha Zafar 19; Afy Fletcher 2-20, Hayley Matthews 2-22)

Player of the Match – Hayley Matthews (West Indies)

The Pakistani women's team is filled with too many tried and tested failures. The team needs fresh blood and most importantly hungry, young blood determined to do well for the country.

It is criminal that no one in the PCB spoke to Ayesha Naseem's family to convince them to allow her to pursue Cricket. They should have increased her renumeration

Pakistan women’s squad announced for England tour

Nida Dar will lead the 17-member squad for the six white-ball matches, which will be played from 11 to 29 May

The newly-appointed seven-member women’s national selection committee has named a 17-player Pakistan women’s squad for this month’s tour to England.

Nida Dar will continue to lead the side, which will feature in three T20Is from 11-17 May and three ODIs from 23-29 May. The ODIs are part of ICC Women’s Championship 2022-25 and this will be Pakistan’s eighth and final series in the current event cycle.

Pakistan are currently sitting in fifth position with 16 points in the 10-team ICC Women Championship 2022-25 standings. The top five teams from this championship, along with hosts India, will directly qualify for the ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup 2025.

In addition to the six white-ball international matches, the tourists will also play two warm-up games (T20 and One-Day) against ECB Development XI on 9 and 21 May. For their first England tour since 2016, the national side will leave on Sunday, 5 May.

Pakistan women squad: Nida Dar (captain), Aliya Riaz, Ayesha Zafar, Diana Baig, Fatima Sana, Gull Feroza, Muneeba Ali (wk), Najiha Alvi (wk), Nashra Sundhu, Natalia Parvaiz, Rameen Shamim, Sadaf Shamas, Sadia Iqbal, Sidra Amin, Tuba Hassan, Umm-e-Hani and Waheeda Akhtar

Player support personnel: Nahida Khan (manager), Mauhtashim Rasheed (interim head coach), Saleem Jaffar (bowling coach), Taufeeq Umar (batting coach), Hanif Malik (fielding coach), Syed Nazir Ahmed (media manager), Rabia Siddiq (physiotherapist), Zubair Ahmed (analyst) and Hina Munawar (chief security officer)

Tour schedule:

9 May – T20 warm-up game v ECB Development XI, Uptonsteel County Ground (11.00am local time)

11 May – 1st T20I, Birmingham (2.30pm local time)

17 May – 2nd T20I, Northampton (6.30pm local time)

19 May – 3rd T20I, Leeds (1.00pm local time)

21 May – One-Day warm-up game v ECB Development XI, Northampton (11.00am local time)

23 May – 1st ODI, Derby (1.00pm local time) (ICC Women’s Championship)

26 May – 2nd ODI, Taunton (11.00am local time) (ICC Women’s Championship)

29 May – 3rd ODI, Chelmsford (1.00pm local time) (ICC Women’s Championship)

PCB

Pakistan women’s squad announced for England tour

Nida Dar will lead the 17-member squad for the six white-ball matches, which will be played from 11 to 29 May

The newly-appointed seven-member women’s national selection committee has named a 17-player Pakistan women’s squad for this month’s tour to England.

Nida Dar will continue to lead the side, which will feature in three T20Is from 11-17 May and three ODIs from 23-29 May. The ODIs are part of ICC Women’s Championship 2022-25 and this will be Pakistan’s eighth and final series in the current event cycle.

Pakistan are currently sitting in fifth position with 16 points in the 10-team ICC Women Championship 2022-25 standings. The top five teams from this championship, along with hosts India, will directly qualify for the ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup 2025.

In addition to the six white-ball international matches, the tourists will also play two warm-up games (T20 and One-Day) against ECB Development XI on 9 and 21 May. For their first England tour since 2016, the national side will leave on Sunday, 5 May.

Pakistan women squad: Nida Dar (captain), Aliya Riaz, Ayesha Zafar, Diana Baig, Fatima Sana, Gull Feroza, Muneeba Ali (wk), Najiha Alvi (wk), Nashra Sundhu, Natalia Parvaiz, Rameen Shamim, Sadaf Shamas, Sadia Iqbal, Sidra Amin, Tuba Hassan, Umm-e-Hani and Waheeda Akhtar

Player support personnel: Nahida Khan (manager), Mauhtashim Rasheed (interim head coach), Saleem Jaffar (bowling coach), Taufeeq Umar (batting coach), Hanif Malik (fielding coach), Syed Nazir Ahmed (media manager), Rabia Siddiq (physiotherapist), Zubair Ahmed (analyst) and Hina Munawar (chief security officer)

Tour schedule:

9 May – T20 warm-up game v ECB Development XI, Uptonsteel County Ground (11.00am local time)

11 May – 1st T20I, Birmingham (2.30pm local time)

17 May – 2nd T20I, Northampton (6.30pm local time)

19 May – 3rd T20I, Leeds (1.00pm local time)

21 May – One-Day warm-up game v ECB Development XI, Northampton (11.00am local time)

23 May – 1st ODI, Derby (1.00pm local time) (ICC Women’s Championship)

26 May – 2nd ODI, Taunton (11.00am local time) (ICC Women’s Championship)

29 May – 3rd ODI, Chelmsford (1.00pm local time) (ICC Women’s Championship)

PCB
7-1 loose. Why wasting money on these useless players?

Toss Updates

Pakistan W v West Indies W fourth T20I at National Bank Stadium

Pakistan Women registered an eight-wicket triumph over West Indies Women courtesy a clinical bowling performance to claim their first win in the five-match T20I series at the National Bank Stadium on Thursday.

In pursuit of the 85-run target, Sidra Amin (15, 12b, 3x4s) put on a 26-run opening partnership with Ayesha Zafar.

Muneeba Ali departed after adding eight runs to the total. Ayesha (42 not out, 48b, 3x4s) and Gull Feroza (21 not out, 24b, 1x4) stitched an unbeaten 46-run third-wicket partnership to seal the chase.

Afy Fletcher and Shamilia Connell bagged one scalp each.

Earlier, after opting to bat first, West Indies lost Qiana Joseph for a golden duck and Hayley Matthews for a solitary run, to Sadia Iqbal. Shemaine Campbelle (26, 20b, 2x4s, 1x6) was run out courtesy a direct hit by Natalia Parvaiz.

Rameen Shamim and Nida Dar too struck regularly to leave West Indies reeling at 49-5.

Zaida James (19, 24b, 2x4s) and Jannillea Glasgow’s resistance with a 26-run sixth-wicket partnership was ended by Nida. West Indies Women posted 84-9 in 20 overs.

Sadia and Nida picked up three wickets each while Nashra Sundhu and Rameen claimed one each.

West Indies Women lead the five-match T20I series by an unassailable margin of 3-1. The last game will be played on Friday at the same venue.

Scores in brief:

Pakistan Women beat West Indies Women by eight wickets

West Indies Women 84-9, 20 overs (Shemaine Campbelle 26, Zaida James 19; Sadia Iqbal 3-18, Nida Dar 3-19)

Pakistan Women 87-2, 16.3 overs (Ayesha Zafar 42 not out, Gull Feroza 21 not out; Afy Fletcher 1-6)

Player of the Match – Sadia Iqbal (Pakistan Women)

Back