West Indies v India | 1st Test | North Sound | Jul 21-25, 2016 | Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlos Brathwaite - REMEMBER THE NAME - is on to bowl. Not sure whether he's a Test quality all-rounder who can help your attack take 20 wickets. Seems more suited for LOIs.

Grbriel looks like a nice aggressive bowler.
Till now bowled wayyyyy better than any Pak phast bowler.

Grbriel looks like a nice aggressive bowler.
Till now bowled wayyyyy better than any Pak phast bowler.

If he is way better than any Pak bowler, then imagine how much better he is than any Indian bowler in history :srini

Need to get Younis on this pitch would see the fully repotoire of his dancing skills :yk2

He doesn't want anything to do with the senior team as of now.....infact he was offered the role and his rejection is what led to that interview process farce
Could have taken Dada or VVS. Much better than Bangar.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Good start by India. WI doesn't have much depth in pace attack - if India don't lose another one to Gabriels's next spell before lunch, I don't think WI has much to offer there after.

Decent carry on this pitch even by holder. Wasn't all the talk about a slow pitch?

Good team selection. But only five batters make me nervous. We had VVS at 6 some time ago!

Maybe Make Rahul keep and bat at 6?

Sent from my MI PAD using Tapatalk

Ah, the debutant Roston Chase on to bowl. Decent FC bowling option, surprised to see him so early and before Bishoo.

So Shining India playing at a breathtaking run rate of 2.6.. Issay taiz tou hum England mein khel rahay thay :)))

Good team selection. But only five batters make me nervous. We had VVS at 6 some time ago!

Maybe Make Rahul keep and bat at 6?

Sent from my MI PAD using Tapatalk

Its about time to kick out Saha. He makes the tail even longer.

Rahul should keep the wickets to be assured of a place in Test Side.

India going in with a huge tail - in fact some would argue the tail starts at number 6 with Saha.

Mashallah the run rate has fallen below 2..

So Shining India playing at a breathtaking run rate of 2.6.. Issay taiz tou hum England mein khel rahay thay :)))

Haan but India Windies main Khel raahi hai England main naahi

Even we scored at the rate of 5 in England, another story we got out in 12 overs, but still scored 60 ;-)

Mashallah the run rate has fallen below 2..

Bowlers not giving width. No hit me balls.

Not easy to hit on the up. Ball is stopping a bit. Will be a slow dull draw unless one of our spinners have a great couple of sessions.

After witnessing high quality cricket at lords . This would almost be like two club teams going at it blow for blow for those lucky enough to watch 😛

Ind is playing too slow for my likings. This is where Pujara & Azhar sometimes let themselves & team down. If they can go to lunch unscratched, fine; but going to lunch 48/2 won't be a good morning's job.

Looks like a boring game.This is the problem with test format.

At times its really thrilling and exciting and at times turn out to be a dud game with zero fun.

After witnessing high quality cricket at lords . This would almost be like two club teams going at it blow for blow for those lucky enough to watch ��

Yep....hope one of the Windies bowler bowls an exciting Wahab Riazesque spell.....obviously don't want India to lose any wickets but high entertainment value :akhtar

Out field is extremely slow, probably 52/1 now in a faster out field.

yawn , boring match...how come india looks so scared facing the bacha team . after so much preparation this is what they have to offer.

Good to see such resolute batting by Che and Dhawan. 4th series win in Caribbean coming up. Good lesson for those who have never won a series here :)

Hmm interesting........Sehwag,Sachin,Yuvraj,Dhoni(pre-captaincy) ....no you are right....I find scoring 235 from 50 and then the bowlers putting up an effort to defend it and end up losing by 4 wickets or getting bowled out for 150 odd chasing 200 more suepr exciting

ok, pak have had stronger and more cutting edge test teams than you've ever had though, even theirs at the moment is probs a stronger team than india have ever had. #just saying

Good start to the 17 match season during which we will become the no 1 test team in the world (and not just the no 1 test team in Asia that we are right now). It will be good to reclaim our no 1 ranking again.

This is good inspiration for those who have never been no 1 or won a series in the West Indies.

ok, pak have had stronger and more cutting edge test teams than you've ever had though, even theirs at the moment is probs a stronger team than india have ever had. #just saying

Lol englishman on rampage mode.

Pretty impressed with Gabriel... Utterly disappointed with the pitch.. Looks like loose soil! This is a rest match dammit!

Good start to the 17 match season during which we will become the no 1 test team in the world (and not just the no 1 test team in Asia that we are right now). It will be good to reclaim our no 1 ranking again.

This is good inspiration for those who have never been no 1 or won a series in the West Indies.

Agree completely brother :)

Two paced wickets and slow outfields. No wonder cricket in windies is boring.

WI is suffering from minnow mentality in Test Cricket. All they want is a draw.

If they had a couple of Holdings or Garners, you would see a bouncier and faster pitch.

Outside of Gabriel, rest are trundlers or simply not good enough at this level.

:)) Binny saved a test match in testing conditions and Ishant bowled an inspiring spell to win a game and don't tell me the next 3 games were not exciting in a trainwreck kind of a way.

The first test against south africa in South africa, The 2nd test against nzl and the first test against Australia were all super exciting games.

How many exciting games have Pakistan played again in recent times...games in UAE...really?

Obviously if you read the posts here it is easy to get hyped up :)) You would think Amir has 500 wickets under his belt and bowls at 160 K and his ball swings from the wide line on the offside and knocks out the leg stump

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back