West Indies v India | 1st Test | North Sound | Jul 21-25, 2016 | Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like winning matches in England? Been there, doing that.
Yeah we've done that too. Even won a series there in 2007. Pakistan last did in 1996.

Talking about series in WI. Hopefully you don't give a 5 fer to Sammy again.

The run rate is getting better. Atleast take it over 3.00 till lunch.

Also to add even a series against srilanka was pretty exciting with both teams having an edge in all 3 games

Really thought Dhawan would give away in the last over before lunch lol

One Test match win at Lords and some fans think they have conquered the World.

Relax. By the end of these two series everything will be in it's right place. And at the end of the 2016-17 season - :misbah

Good batting till now. If pitch doesn't slow down I expect Kohli and Rahane to run WI ragged.

Sent from my MI PAD using Tapatalk

Its amazing how some wannabe English posters are always Pakistanis in disguise ,good atleast the American or Aussie ones don't have to pretend.

:)) Binny saved a test match in testing conditions and Ishant bowled an inspiring spell to win a game and don't tell me the next 3 games were not exciting in a trainwreck kind of a way.

The first test against south africa in South africa, The 2nd test against nzl and the first test against Australia were all super exciting games.

How many exciting games have Pakistan played again in recent times...games in UAE...really?

Obviously if you read the posts here it is easy to get hyped up :)) You would think Amir has 500 wickets under his belt and bowls at 160 K and his ball swings from the wide line on the offside and knocks out the leg stump

don't get me wrong, you've had some great batting line ups over the years, but unlike pakistann india have never been good at taking 20 wickets and actually winning test matches. zaheer was very good for a few years, but even at your best you've always struck me as a scoreboard pressure kind of team. i suspect you have brighter days ahead of you with kohli at the helm though, seems a positive and result orientated sportsman (not like ganguly and some of his declaration timings)

When did we get thrashed by NZ or SA at home? O_O

You seeing things others arent. You probably need to wake up. :lara

You guys got thrashed in tests and had to draw 1-1 against them at home. We whitewashed NZ and SA got saved in Bangalore from a whitewash due to rain.

Good to see such resolute batting by Che and Dhawan. 4th series win in Caribbean coming up. Good lesson for those who have never won a series here :)

Does help when you have a 4 Test series and 4 chances to win ! Not the 2 Test "series" we tend to end up with.

Does help when you have a 4 Test series and 4 chances to win ! Not the 2 Test "series" we tend to end up with.

But then we didn't lose a test against WI in 14 years.

Pakistan drew with WI cos they lost test matches at times. I think they lost 2 tests in the last 10-12 years from some stats I saw. Not sure.

Anyways, that reply of Nikhil was directed at some low class trash talking posts above him and not the general Pak posters.

Looks like whole thread has descended to mudslinging now.

You guys got thrashed in tests and had to draw 1-1 against them at home. We whitewashed NZ and SA got saved in Bangalore from a whitewash due to rain.

Couldn't win the series...it was a draw :)))

I think the indian education system is not teaching kids what thrashing means. Sigh.

Thrashing is what india got at the hands of england for instance. If Pakistan got any similar thrashing at home. Kindly mention otherwise there is no harm in accepting that india is just a mediocre test team.

Who are then, out of interest?

Australia. Who are ranked 1.

They absolutely whip teams at home. Not even draws. And have even won some series away - WI, SA, NZ (whitewash). And even in England they won 2 matches this time.

Pakistan have not been that flash away (SL whitewash in 2014, SA whitewash in 2013, Zimbabwe loss, SL 2012) and have just won recently in SL 2015 when they have become weak. They also draw at home (SA 1-1 in 2013, NZ 1-1 in 2014).

India similarly have just defeated SL 2-1 in 2015 when they became weak. Although like Australia they have massacred teams at home (whitewash after whitewash - WI, NZ, Oz, SA) although lost 1-2 to Eng.

England are inconsistent - defeated us home/away, defeated Oz at home, defeated SA away but loses to Pakistan away, gets whitewashed against Oz away, draws against SL at home, draws against WI, draw against NZ. And they always lose matches at home even if they win the series and are not dominant as India/Oz at home.

SA - Was great for a long time but recently lost to India and England.

Decent session for us. But tough battle ahead. Bafflinf tactics by WI though bowling a rookie but not giving an over to Bishoo.

Where are Kemar Roach, Alzarri Joseph and a few other WI pacers who could bowl 145+? Even Jerome Taylor would have done well on this track. Enough in the pitch if you bend your back and hit the pitch

The fact is I want Pakistan to really do well and win in England....Misbah deserves it....couldn'tl

i think pakistan are going to win the series tbh, though i've known it would be closely fought for a long time, england are flat out naive thinking they're owed test match victories against a top test team without a spinner in late summer in england vs an elite spinner in yasir. some pak fan might worry about them going the same way as india did after their lords victory but this is a far more skilled and versatile side, they're going to go full circle after the horrors of 2010 imo and misbah's fairytale will be be finished here

all in all the test match going on right now is just making me look forward tomorrow, i don't think any sporting occasions trump test cricket in england

I think the indian education system is not teaching kids what thrashing means. Sigh.

Thrashing is what india got at the hands of england for instance. If Pakistan got any similar thrashing at home. Kindly mention otherwise there is no harm in accepting that india is just a mediocre test team.

Hmm last I checked(which is a minute back) India is 2 and Pakistan is 3.....Unless you go by the system that since 3 is a larger number that is better

Thrashing is Brendon McCullum and Kane Williamson in Sharjah.

Thrashing is Graeme Smith and Tahir in Dubai.

Two teams we have absolutely massacred and whitewashed at home.

Pakistan drew with WI cos they lost test matches at times. I think they lost 2 tests in the last 10-12 years from some stats I saw. Not sure.

Anyways, that reply of Nikhil was directed at some low class trash talking posts above him and not the general Pak posters.

4 test matches in UAE....do you wish that on an average cricket fan :))

I'm saying in 2005 and 2011 we ended up with a 2 Test tour of the Caribbean. The pattern is we're caught napping in the First Test, then we bounce back in the 2nd and just when we're hitting our stride the Test series is over !

If we had a 3 or 4 Test tours that unfortunate record of no Test series wins in the Caribbean wouldn't exist.

But yes let's get back to talking about this match instead of usual Pak v Ind mudslinging.

1 in 2005 and one in 2011 (Sammy 5-for).

We have won 3 matches in england since 2010. You have won just one. Not to forget the 10-0 thrashing. :yk

welccome back!

Just to refresh your memory.India won a series in Eng in 2007.
[MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION]

See who is back?

You can manipulate the narravitve howsoever you want. It wont change the fact that what england did to India at home and away is called a thrashing.

Vitori and Chatara running through the line up was not that flattering either

You can manipulate the narravitve howsoever you want. It wont change the fact that what england did to India at home and away is called a thrashing.

Never saying it wasn't. We went undefeated against them for 5 consecutive series home and away and won three of them (2007 we won away. Let's see if Pakistan can do it this time. Have not won since 1996)

Just like the NZ and SA matches are thrashings. And what we did to them at home are also thrashings.

Good that we have a source to entertain ourselevs on this painful and boring game......Lowkiisavage anything else we can answer for you :))

Pujara throws away another start and once again out to a spinner after getting set. After that 145 in his comebacj test in Sri Lanka, 7 double digit scores no 100s :(

Pujara yet again throws his wicket after spending a ton of time at the crease.

Rohit should play ahead of Pujara against WI. He is a bradman against them.

Pujara gone, soft dismissal but Bishoo immediately strikes. Strange why he didn't bowl at all in the morning session.

The big man in now.

India's 72 runs in the first session are the highest in the first session of the Test in North Sound. This is the 5th Test here.

Anyone watched the mutual admiration society between Viv and Sunny during the lunch break? Great batsmen and great conversation..

Pujara throws away another start and once again out to a spinner after getting set. After that 145 in his comebacj test in Sri Lanka, 7 double digit scores no 100s :(
Pitches in SA series weren't exactly conducive for making hundreds. I thought he was our second best batsman in that series if you leave out the last Test.

[MENTION=141718]LowKiiSavage[/MENTION] [MENTION=141829]geraltofrivia[/MENTION]

No further derailing of thread, it is match thread. If you want to discuss something else, there are lots of threads.

Thanks

Anyone watched the mutual admiration society between Viv and Sunny during the lunch break? Great batsmen and great conversation..

Yeah. Sunny was great against the Indies. Were the two best batsmen in the late 70s and 80s.

Pujara gets out inspite of Kohli saying not to give away in the start of new session :)))

Pujara has regressed big time.

People said he just was an HTB.

That's not true.

His game went on a downward spiral post a great SA tour and he has been struggling in every tour since. Home or away.

At times, he can produce magic but those are sparks where he channels all his willpower to get runs but on cruise mode...he has regressed big time.

Even in domestics, I didn't see him score a lot of runs.

Pujara has regressed big time.

People said he just was an HTB.

That's not true.

His game went on a downward spiral post a great SA tour and he has been struggling in every tour since. Home or away.

At times, he can produce magic but those are sparks where he channels all his willpower to get runs but on cruise mode...he has regressed big time.

Even in domestics, I didn't see him score a lot of runs.

His temperament has greatly suffered after those two stupid seasons of IPL.. Doesn't seem to find a way to convert those starts. Remember how good he was at that?

Kohli seems to have adopted high risk high reward batting strategy now.

But can't deny that he reads pitch so early.

Sent from my MI PAD using Tapatalk

Pujara you effing idiot. Did all the hard work and then threw it away. This is what happens when you go into shell, you start to play shots which are not on to increase your strike rate.

He used to play like that always.

Dravid in 90s was notorious for this. Used to play at 30 SR a lot of times even on supreme turners and swing tracks.

That's their game (which has its advantages and disadvantages).

The difference is that Dravid had the skills and concentration to do it.

Pujara's skills and concentration have diminished so he gets out to simple deliveries.

He needs to do something about it but nothing is working.

His temperament has greatly suffered after those two stupid seasons of IPL.. Doesn't seem to find a way to convert those starts. Remember how good he was at that?

He was insanely good before.

He was my favourite Test bat.

Dunno if IPL was the reason.

Just sad to watch him struggle these days.

Can't understand the hurry.. Kohli is over-attacking

Kohli as usual will look good but he needs to have impact.

Nice 30s and 50s ain't gonna do.

I have rarely seen Kohli struggle in tests (barring Eng) but he needs to kick on.

He was insanely good before.

He was my favourite Test bat.

Dunno if IPL was the reason.

Just sad to watch him struggle these days.

He hardly plays any IPL game. He just regressed. Nothing to do with the IPL. If you see after the SA series in 2013, he struggled where ever he played. He just loses concentration after doing all the hard work. Dravid used to start slow but when ever he got in only good balls would get him out. Dravid hardly played poor shots to throw his wicket away. Thats the reason he was called the wall. Pujara is nowhere close to Dravid in that sense.

Kohli as usual will look good but he needs to have impact.

Nice 30s and 50s ain't gonna do.

I have rarely seen Kohli struggle in tests (barring Eng) but he needs to kick on.

He needs to settle down before he attacks. It's clear he's trying to impose himself on West Indies but a little caution would greatly help..

..a slow pitch against a minor county standard attack, i see no way for kohli to get out here unless he has an absolute brain fade

Last edited by a moderator:
Its touch and go between big 3 who is number one after India vs Australia series next year we shall know.

We will be ranked no 1 that is for sure by March-April 2017. But we'll have to win some series away (SA,Oz,Eng) to be truly good. Winning all of the series is really difficult and ATG-team level.

We will start our away tours in Nov-Dec 2017 with 4 match SA series then 5 match Eng series and then 4 match Oz series after which WC. Out of this 3 series/WC if we manage to win 2 I'll be very happy.

Animesh: "It's as though he puts a high price on his wicket for about an hour, then put himself on sale for a couple of minutes.." Poor Pujara.

Sums up Pujara's batting these days..

We will be ranked no 1 that is for sure by March-April 2017. But we'll have to win some series away (SA,Oz,Eng) to be truly good. Winning all of the series is really difficult and ATG-team level.

We will start our away tours in Nov-Dec 2017 with 4 match SA series then 5 match Eng series and then 4 match Oz series after which WC. Out of this 3 series/WC if we manage to win 2 I'll be very happy.

Under kohli I think you will some games because of his agressive captaincy but I can't see you winning series. But they will be closely competed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back