West Indies v Pakistan | 5th ODI | Guyana | 5/5/11 | Pakistan Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozzy_07

Tape Ball Captain
Runs
Pakistan win the toss and choose to bat first.

Capacity crowd expected today :akhtar

Lets hope we can post 250+.

Teams

Pakistan Mohammad Hafeez, Ahmed Shehzad, Taufeeq Umar, Misbah-ul-Haq, Umar Akmal, Shahid Afridi*, Mohammad Salman†, Junaid Khan, Saeed Ajmal, Usman Salahuddin, Wahab Riaz

West Indies LMP Simmons, DM Bravo, RR Sarwan, DJ Bravo, R Rampaul, DJG Sammy*, CS Baugh†, MN Samuels, D Bishoo, KA Edwards, A Martin

Last edited:
Taufeeq in? :facepalm:
Should back Shezzy

Sorry...just saw shezzy is in...but Hammad dropped? Really don't know what the management is thinking at times!

Last edited:
TEAMS: PAK: Afridi, Hafeez, Taufeeq Umar, Usman Salahuddin, Misbah-ul-Haq, Umar Akmal, Saeed Ajmal
TEAMS: PAK cont'd:Muhammad Salman, Wahab Riaz, Junaid Khan and Ahmad Shazad

From cricinfo:

8.50am "Guyana National Stadium is COMPLETELY SOLD OUT. Despite the best efforts of a few detractors the Guyanese people have shown full support!" So said WICB's Twitter around midnight. I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions as to who "the detractors" are. However, sample this immediate response from a Twitter user named Alicia: "@westindies WTH! make no mistake i have not met one #Guyanese who is not pissed about the treatment of #chanderpaul but we love our #cricket."

Be that as it may, it is good to imagine a full house in the West Indies. We need more of those. Time to lime at the Providence Stadium.

so let me get this straight:
hammad, tanvir, shafiq replaced for umar, wahab, taufeeq

Now that's what I am talking about, tickets are sold out...yaa maan! :viv

Pakistan have won the toss and are batting first. Taufeeq Umar comes back for them, and also Wahab Riaz. Out go Asad Shafiq and Tanvir Ahmed

Taufeeq Umar comes back for them, and also Wahab Riaz. Out go Asad Shafiq and Tanvir Ahmed

akmal for asad and taufeeq for azam.

cant beleave it. damn it.

hammad cammon. what is this.

Hafeez, Shehzad, Taufeeq, Misbah, Usman, Hammad, Afridi, Salma, Riaz, Junaid, Ajmal

According to Cricinfo

Eh.. since it's last match can't cry too much. Had to give Taufeeq a chance to do something rather then assume he was going to fail. Sorry to see Shafiq not play, guy was in form! But he will be back for sure!

Yeh Salma kaun hai :malik :D

I just hope we finish on a high going into the test series and win this one.

Hafeez
Shehzad
Taufeeq
Misbah
Usman
Umar
Afridi
Salman
Riaz
Junaid
Ajmal

Gonna be boring...

Pakistan have won the toss and are batting first. Taufeeq Umar comes back for them, and also Wahab Riaz and Umar Akmal. Out go Asad Shafiq, Hammad Azam and Tanvir Ahmed.

forget cricinfo, believe west indies twitter. umar akmal is playing for hammad!

edit:told you. now cricinfo have updated theirs too

Azam dropped for taufeeq..strange choice.also akmal in for misbah
the whole point of this is to play Ahmed shehzad and Taufeeq close, ie 2 and 3. Thus they can compare them. If Ahmed Shehzad fails (and especially if Taufeeq succeeds), I expect Shehzad will be dropped.

Mohammad Hafeez, Ahmed Shehzad, Taufeeq Umar, Misbah-ul-Haq, Umar Akmal, Shahid Afridi*, Mohammad Salman†, Junaid Khan, Saeed Ajmal, Usman Salahuddin, Wahab Riaz

According to cricinfo this is the playing XI

1.Hafeez
2.Shehzad
3.Taufeeq
4.Misbah
5.Umer
6.Usman
7.Afridi
8.Salman
9.Wahab
10.Junaid
11.Ajmal

We're putting out a team to win today.

What is strange is they've got Usman in for hammad.

One big score for Usman, even a 50, and he'll take Hammad's spot most likely. Which is a bit unfair, the guy's had hardly any chances to prove himself.

Should of stuck to just trying out one of Usman or Hammad in the middle order for the moment.

So Umar is playing, good news. Even though he is only 20 our(ODI) batting line up is not complete without him.

I'm fine with all the changes other than Hamaad Azam being dropped- he should have played instead of Taufeeq, who has no place in the current ODI team.

We're putting out a team to win today.

We would have kept Asad in, if that was the case.

But I see what you mean. Playing Wahab instead of giving Sadaf a chance.

Bringing back Umar Akmal and ousting Hammad...

hope taufeeq and hafeez open, like one pper mentioned Ahmed in middle order is not a bad idea

may be they wanna try hafeez at number 6. might be intresting to see him bat at 6.

This must be the least talked about Pakistan series since PP expanded :ibutt

Finally atmosphere around the stadium doesn't feel like funeral.

Would have been interesting if they played all the youngstas and even Afridi sat out. :wahab

Asad Shafiq out? Seriously?

What kind of clowns were incharge of team selection that did this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back