West Indies v Pakistan l 1st ODI | Providence | 14/7/13 l Pakistan innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if Misbah saves us in this match people will still blame him Really. :facepalm:

Last edited:
The batting mentality has to change. Tuk tuk is taking Pakistan nowhere. Jamshed, Shehzad and Hafeez are T20 players and they like playing shots. They don't have the technique to survive while trying to defend or leave the balls. Nasir was unlucky though.

If you play positive cricket you will break the bowlers' rythm and get runs on the Board.

Rohit, DK, etc in Indian cricket play same way. Unless you are suggesting Misbah is trying to change approach of other's too

Uninstall the defensive mentaliy. :kohli

Please show me which team goes around bashing when they are 20/3 or 25/4?

Look at the final with India vs SL. Even DHONI was batting slowly when wickets are tumbling.

And dont put up Kohli's picture. Pakistan has no batsman even within HALF the league of Kohli.

Rohit, DK, etc in Indian cricket play same way. Unless you are suggesting Misbah is trying to change approach of other's too

That's what he does. You need to see stats of batsman under Misbah and batsman when they bat with Misbah. SR are all low & poor.

Misbah has ruined PAK cricket. Once he & Hafeez goes, we'll be back.

sense was thrown out of the window a long time ago :p :p ... this is the perfect opportunity for him. his fans cant defend this one as he has plenty of balls left. he is basically coming at number 3. misbah wont get out so he will have a partner.

Don't doubt a desperate fan's ability to find excuses out of nothing. Umar and Afridi fans major excuses have been there are lack of overs so they get out playing for the "team".

If that's not the case and there are too many overs then the excuses is "there were too many overs, their job is to finish, not rescue" and "others failed too".

Having said that, I do hope Umar plays a sensible knock here.

That's what he does. You need to see stats of batsman under Misbah and batsman when they bat with Misbah. SR are all low & poor.

But in this situation, in these conditions, what else do they do ? They have to aim to get 100 in 25-30 overs and build from there. 180 might be enough here. And it is not like there is attacking talent to burn here except Jamshed.

Good opportunity for Akmal to prove me and his other critics wrong. He has more than 40 overs to bat and can get a big score if he bats sensibly

Our top order was already struggling, on top of that Jamshed given out wrongly, and Shehzad's dismissal very unlucky. Just bad luck for Pak today.

How can you expect Akmal to perform miracles after the team has done this? All batsman have failed and you want Umar to score hundreds. I bet if Umar gets out cheaply, he'll get attacked the most.

Decent test player, third class ODI player. The fact that he's from KHI has definitely had a role to play in him getting selected consistently for everything and he gets a free ride more than others to keep the whining Karachiwalas quiet since he's their only player in the team.

I'm from Karachi and I couldn't care less if a team didn't consist of a Karachiwala as you put it if it wins matches. Shafiq scored 40 in the last match he played and he will get dropped if his poor run continues and the classy left hander will get his chance, don't worry. Please shove your generalizing :)

How can you expect Akmal to perform miracles after the team has done this? All batsman have failed and you want Umar to score hundreds. I bet if Umar gets out cheaply, he'll get attacked the most.

No Bullet Drive he won't be attacked.

Just the notion his fans have, that he bats with too few overs remaining will be attacked.

But most of you will come to his rescue again.

But I really do hope he performs here, otherwise match is gone.

As always bullet, your comments make me realize Pakistani cricket is doomed forever.

I just hope people wake up and realize strike rate is not everything. Rohit Sharma has been on fire, but has not even once started by blazing away. In the finals vs SL, he batted super slow, but all the comments by Indians were just praising him (And no, that wasnt when he scored 50, that was when he was like on like 10-15 runs from like 40-45 balls).

The difference is people like you have no patience. Maybe you should start watching soccer instead. Its only 90 mins and you can keep your focus then.

So basically your already saying he is going to fail?.Cmon have some faith. You bash Misbah but he has also come into a situation like this numerous times and has on occasion rescued us too. So if Mibsah(who is a pathetic cricketer according to you) so why can't Umer "best young batsman in the world"Akmal do it?

No Bullet Drive he won't be attacked.

Just the notion his fans have, that he bats with too few overs remaining will be attacked.

But most of you will come to his rescue again.

But I really do hope he performs here, otherwise match is gone.

One other defense of Umar too though, he's young. He just turned 23. He could still learn patience, look at Rohit Sharma.

Not carry Lucky Umar akmal
play with soft hand
or go to other end plez

Lovely from Umar. Comes down the track putting pressure on the bowler. That's positive stuff!

Decent test player, third class ODI player. The fact that he's from KHI has definitely had a role to play in him getting selected consistently for everything and he gets a free ride more than others to keep the whining Karachiwalas quiet since he's their only player in the team.

being from karachi has nothing to do with him being on the team.. he is in being because (like hafeez) he played a few promising innings, and really their isnt anyone to replace him
being Karachi works against players, not for them

Outside edge by Umar. Played it beautifully.

Pressure is on Holder as Umar is batting. Wide

Lovely leave by Umar Akmal.

Good leave by Umar Akmal. No other batsman can leave like hiim.

You are joking, right?. Holder is on top and if someone read your post they would think Akmal is dominating or something. Outside edged it beautifully :)). Get some help bro.

Good leave by Umar Akmal. No other batsman can leave like hiim.

Lovely leave by Umar Akmal.

Pressure is on Holder as Umar is batting. Wide

Outside edge by Umar. Played it beautifully.

Lovely soft hands by Umar.

Beauty. Umar not chasing it. Briilliant by Umar Akmal!

Beautiful defense by Umar. No run.

So much love :)))

Points to Umar for approach. Showing no fear and getting at the bowler. Already something Pak. lacked. ( no sarcasm )

Lovely from Umar. Comes down the track putting pressure on the bowler. That's positive stuff!

Right... Im sure Holder is feeling INTENSE pressure. 5 overs - 8 runs - 4 wickets.

What bowler feels pressure when he BOWLS a dot???? Please play some cricket.... even basic concepts escape you sometimes bullet

:)) I'm just joking but still I like the approach by Umar by coming down the attack.

I've forgotten the last time I saw UA play a blazing innings. I would love for him to get a score here, show us his skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back