Who will win the 3rd T20I between England and Pakistan?

Who will win the 3rd T20I between England and Pakistan?

• Pakistan will win

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Cricket Warrior

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
After the first game at Headingley was called off due to rain England secured a 23-run victory in the second T20I at Edgbaston with Jos Buttler's brilliant 84 off just 51 deliveries playing a key role. Jofra Archer also had an impressive performance, taking two wickets for just 28 runs.

Both teams will now fly to Cardiff for the 3rd T20I at Sophia Gardens on Tuesday, May 28.

England aims to continue their dominance having won four of their last five T20Is against Pakistan. Meanwhile, the visitors will look to break their form slump, secure a win, and carry momentum and confidence into the all-important T20 World Cup.

With such an unbalanced combination do you guys really think that Pakistan can even give England competition in the third T20I?

bad luck for boys another humiliation is on the cards!
Remember what I said

A) Pakistan will lose 100% of its games batting first unless the team is a total minnow like Nepal, otherwise even a decent level minnow like Ireland or USA will clear. Bangladesh is the only test playing nation that can't clear if Pakistan bats first. Sa and Sri lanka are toss ups.

B) Pakistan will lose all of their games against england, India and Australia no matter the toss lol. Gap is way way way too big.

England, Australia and India are decades ahead of Pakistan atm.

SA and NZ are ahead but Pakistan can win primary because NZ is inconsistent and SA in always a 50-50 at toss.

Afghanistan is a juicy competition only if Pakistan chases, otherwise if Pakistan bats first Afghanistan steam roles.

Sri lanka and west indies is a toss up with Bangladesh being a comfortable victory and probs the only test playing team where victory is easy.

A) Pakistan will lose 100% of its games batting first unless the team is a total minnow like Nepal, otherwise even a decent level minnow like Ireland or USA will clear. Bangladesh is the only test playing nation that can't clear if Pakistan bats first. Sa and Sri lanka are toss ups.
but here in 2nd T20I they lost while chasing a decent score which should have been chased down quite easily on such typical english tracks, they are equally pathetic while chasing target too because they dont have self believe that can win against big teams.

but here in 2nd T20I they lost while chasing a decent score which should have been chased down quite easily on such typical english tracks, they are equally pathetic while chasing target too because they dont have self believe that can win against big teams.
Read I wrote in part B

Remember what I said

B) Pakistan will lose all of their games against england, India and Australia no matter the toss lol. Gap is way way way too big.

SA and NZ are ahead but Pakistan can win primary because NZ is inconsistent and SA in always a 50-50 at toss.

Afghanistan is a juicy competition only if Pakistan chases, otherwise if Pakistan bats first Afghanistan steam roles.

Sri lanka and west indies is a toss up with Bangladesh being a comfortable victory and probs the only test playing team where victory is easy.

Historically, we have always been okay setting and then relying on our bowlers to bail us out after making a sub-par score. The issue is, that out bolwers ex Imad & Amir are bowling trash.

But I have a feeling our bolwers will step up soon (especially if Abrar comes in for Shadab)

haha well said!

but i am hoping some qudrat ka nizam will work for them and they might reach to super 8s lol
They might reach super 8's. USA, Canada and Ireland are not stronger then Pakistan. Ireland game was in their home pitch, only USA is problematic.

Pakistan is still stronger then these 3, but the problem is captaincy, leadership, a non-existent lower order, Run machine parchi shadab and zero clue on his to structure an inning swatting first.

Doesn't matter if its Australia or Canada, Babar batting first will say yes yes uh uh we are looking to uhhh bat and uhh put a total of 160 to 170 uh it will be good enough uhh for our bowlers to defend yes yes.

Press conference he'll say yes yes we were 10 runs short.

But I have a feeling our bolwers will step up soon (especially if Abrar comes in for Shadab)
This is the only loophole in our team right now. If any bowler bowls one good over Shadab Bhai come and demolish all their hard work by conceding 20 runs in the next over. This easily breaks down the confidence of other bowlers. We need to bring in Abrar and give him a proper chance. An extra batter can't win you any game if all six prime batters dont perform. So why not go with a proper spinner instead of this uselss Shadab.

Historically, we have always been okay setting and then relying on our bowlers to bail us out after making a sub-par score. The issue is, that out bolwers ex Imad & Amir are bowling trash.

Historically no longer matters when none of these mantras applied in 2023. People can't keep hiding behind the different formats excuse.

First in 2023 it was Pakistan is a great tournament team, now its Pakistan is a great t20 tournament team and forget 2023 as its odi.

Shadab has no business playing for abrar. This delusion of abrar will weaken the batting is hilarious because shadab is not a batsmen. He's a tail ender who holds the bat with a bottom hand amd that's it, meaning he can't do anything beyond slice and loft which will work once every 25 hames where he can get to 40 of 20, this tulle bazi won't work 24/7.

As for shaheen, Give shaheen time, he's improving day by day, he'll get to 2019 self. Maseem is not fully fit and if they play him he'll get injured for life and will go the Ihsanullah or haros sohail route

Abass and rauf are run machines lol.

As for batting, HAHAHAHAHAHA. Azam Khan, Shadab, Chacha as no 5,6 and 7. Lol.

This is the only loophole in our team right now. If any bowler bowls one good over Shadab Bhai come and demolish all their hard work by conceding 20 runs in the next over. This easily breaks down the confidence of other bowlers. We need to bring in Abrar and give him a proper chance. An extra batter can't win you any game if all six prime batters dont perform. So why not go with a proper spinner instead of this uselss Shadab.
Abrar over shadab is hilarious and babar is hiding behind the if we play abrar over shadab we are one batter short.

Like bro shadab isn't a batsmen, a dude who bats at no 5 in t20 and often bats at no 5 to no 6 in odi sometimes at 4, and has played 99 t20 games and 70 odi games with his 100th t20 game coming up soon has only a total of 1 50 in t20, and 4 50's in odi with an avg of 19 and 24 AGAIN KEY WORD BATTING AT NO 5. is not a batsmen.

Remember what I said

In test cricket sure, we can't match them... But in t20 format its unfair to completely dismiss your chances because 1 over can change the game so much

You can cover a skill gap with a good period in a t20 game, test cricket not so much.

In test cricket sure, we can't match them... But in t20 format its unfair to completely dismiss your chances because 1 over can change the game so much

You can cover a skill gap with a good period in a t20 game, test cricket not so much.
Collapses and shock wins can happen any time and any day. A team can collapse and have shock wins. Zimbabwe managed to defeat classic Australia lol in a t20 once. Literally was the most shocking resukt in classic aussie history, Granted it was achieved by Zimbabwe side that's superior to current Pakistan lol.

But it won't happen on most days. Let me ask you something, do you think Australia is losing to any minnow side? Do you think India is losing to uae, Canada and Ireland in group stages? And Ireland side that managed to defeat full strength Pakistan?

If the answer is no, then the point stands. Ues collapses can happen once in a blue moon, Pakistan in January managed one victory in a t20 against full string NZ cause they collapsed but they still collobered Pakistan 4-1.

Skills matter, T20 is not a tulle bazi game that people have made it out to be otherwise minnows would be frequently causing upsets but that doesn't happen. Australia consistently beats teams like Zimbabwe, Pakistan, Ireland, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and even stronger sides like New Zealand in t20 etc etc.

Collapses and shock wins can happen any time and any day. A team can collapse and have shock wins. Zimbabwe managed to defeat classic Australia lol in a t20 once. Literally was the most shocking resukt in classic aussie history, Granted it was achieved by Zimbabwe side that's superior to current Pakistan lol.

But it won't happen on most days. Let me ask you something, do you think Australia is losing to any minnow side? Do you think India is losing to uae, Canada and Ireland in group stages? And Ireland side that managed to defeat full strength Pakistan?

If the answer is no, then the point stands. Ues collapses can happen once in a blue moon, Pakistan in January managed one victory in a t20 against full string NZ cause they collapsed but they still collobered Pakistan 4-1.

Skills matter, T20 is not a tulle bazi game that people have made it out to be otherwise minnows would be frequently causing upsets but that doesn't happen. Australia consistently beats teams like Zimbabwe, Pakistan, Ireland, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and even stronger sides like New Zealand in t20 etc etc.
I mean didn't the USA just beat Bangladesh twice? Didn't Ireland beat England in the 2022 world cup?

Skills matter but not as much which is why so many one trick ponies can make a good career for themselves in T20 cricket but the second you take them into a long form of the game they will be exposed.

In 8 editions of the T20 world cup we have had 6 different champions which tells you anyone can beat anyone.

Pak made the WC SF in 2021 and the final 2022 so i'm guessing both of those were flukes? Ofc not, because are players are more suited for a shorter form of the game.

I mean didn't the USA just beat Bangladesh twice? Didn't Ireland beat England in the 2022 world cup?

Skills matter but not as much which is why so many one trick ponies can make a good career for themselves in T20 cricket but the second you take them into a long form of the game they will be exposed.

In 8 editions of the T20 world cup we have had 6 different champions which tells you anyone can beat anyone.

Pak made the WC SF in 2021 and the final 2022 so i'm guessing both of those were flukes? Ofc not, because are players are more suited for a shorter form of the game.
USA beat Bangladesh because their stronger plain and simple, Bangladesh is weaker. USA being associate doesn't apply here. Bangladesh is dead in the water.

Ireland beat England but how often does it happen?

2022 was a fluke yes. 2021 was not.

good for Pakistan... no?
No, it isn't because it doesn't give Kirsten enough insight to the team combination.

He can sort this out and you can see some improvements from the batsman like Zaman playing that scoop shot and Babar hitting over the top against Archer.

Some stuff which I haven't seen previously by the batsmen.

To be very honest England have a mediocre bowling line up, they need big scores to defend the game. I do not think they are among the top 5 bowling line up in the coming tournament.

To be very honest England have a mediocre bowling line up, they need big scores to defend the game. I do not think they are among the top 5 bowling line up in the coming tournament.
Yes, they are not the best ones out there but Jofra coming back is a big boost for them. If there is no rain today, Pakistan is gonna lose again. 2-0 England.

Back