WT20 | Bangladesh vs West Indies | Group 2 | 25/03/14 | Mirpur |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakss

Test Debutant
Runs
Bangladesh Squad

Mushfiqur Rahim*†, Abdur Razzak, Al-Amin Hossain, Anamul Haque, Farhad Reza, Mahmudullah, Mashrafe Mortaza, Mominul Haque, Nasir Hossain, Sabbir Rahman, Shamsur Rahman, Shakib Al Hasan, Sohag Gazi, Tamim Iqbal, Ziaur Rahman

West Indies Squad

DJG Sammy*, S Badree, DJ Bravo, J Charles, SS Cottrell, ADS Fletcher, CH Gayle, SP Narine, D Ramdin†, R Rampaul, AD Russell, MN Samuels, K Santokie, LMP Simmons, DR Smith

Win the toss & then go on to win the match, the day night games are getting predictable in terms of results or even one sided affairs !

It seems like rain will interrupt the match, it is very cloudy there right now

if Bangladesh has to win this watch their spinners has to give a outstanding performance .

I am putting my money on rain and match being shared !

Very important match for us. I won't be completely happy with a win or two here and their. I know the odds are against us but we need to win this.

Beating West Indies is probable given their horror run against India where they struggled against any hint of pace or spin. Should we win the toss and chase, the odds will be in our favor considering that dew will come into play later on. Rain can also be an issue here, and the SBNCS drainage has been damanged due to poor maintanence, so even 15 minutes of light drizzle will mean that play will be called off for good.

We are chasing.

I hope we restrict them to below 160. Our spin attack consists of Shakib, Riad and Gazi. Sabbir and Mominul have a golden arm so I am optimistic.

Spin spin spin at Gayle. He scores a run a ball against Spin in T20. His brain cannot cope with spin.

Spin To Win.

This is probably our best side. Well done by the team management. Now if only Mushy rotates the bowlers well.

Mushfiqur must be the smallest player in international cricket. He almost had to jump to shake Sammy's hand!

The team

Tamim Iqbal, Anamul Haque, Mominul Haque, Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim*†, Sabbir Rahman, Mahmudullah, Ziaur Rahman, Sohag Gazi, Mashrafe Mortaza, Al-Amin Hossain

Apparently you have not seen Mominul Haque. He is about 5'1

On a different note you must be annoyed at being constantly named minnows by the comms. You guys mightnt be the best team but at home id feel being called minnows is highly insulting especially when you are the host nation. Hell I get annoyed when Ireland are called minnows and we arent even a test team

The start seems like a 'Bangladesh are gonna be thrashed' kinda start

That yellow guy must be a cult hero in Bangladesh. Hes at every game

Yeah he is i think, i remember Athar Ali Khan the Bangladeshi commie mentioning him and talking about how he's at every game once

The players look scared.

We are really bad at taking pressure.

Gayle should play his natural game, the singles just aren't his thing.

why would you open with a liability like D Smith where is Charles

Ohhh... so close yet so far. 21/0 in 3 overs. need wickets!

Gayle should learn to rotate strike. He is only adding pressure on Smith.

Spin already... I would have given Al Amin another over.

gazi is getting thrashed. Not in the best form ... Mushys typical captaincy errors.

gayle does seem old, He is just a class player in IPL, look like a nr 7 batsman here

Apart from that first ball 5 wides... Mash hasn't been that bad.

Gayle has totally lost it as a batsman. It's not an effort to settle down, but it's his inability to score now. He will get Smith out with this rubbish approach.

36/0 in PP overs.

Yes WI can strike big but we will take 36/0 against Gayle/Smith. Wish we got a few wickets though.

it just show how the bad quality ipl , gayle can hit any here.. and in here struggling for singles for life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back