2nd test Pak vs. England : day 1 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Younis Khan is going to drop anchor here to avoid any further excitement until lunch.

12th over: Pakistan 47-0 (Malik 18, Butt 22) A maiden from Harmison - the day's first - mostly in the Jacques Kallis G-spot well wide of Butt's off stump.

Funniest comment by far :))) :)))

I hope Pakistan dont go into their shell now. They must not make the mistake they made in the first test. They need to maintain the same pressure they were exerting when Salman and Shoaib Malik were there.

pak need to work singles and remain active keep scoreboard ticking, boundaries not an issue. Need to put some pressure on Parmison

Looking at he pitch, perhaps Mushtaq should have played as well?

nedian21 said:
then it is a different story. But for our team interest this is the best pitch we can have

no it isn't. it might appear now.. but a lot of time still in teh test match. and we could have lost the toss and teh scenario could have been totally different

octavian said:
no it isn't. it might appear now.. but a lot of time still in teh test match. and we could have lost the toss and teh scenario could have been totally different

toss is crucial and i m glad Inzi won it. but whats the point in discussing that. by the way toss is also crucial on Newzealand green tops. So.........

Meanwhile in other news, West Indies trying to cling on to dear life with a 68 run lead and 3 wickets in hand. Do you think they can pull off a Mohali?

new zealnd green topsare not " supporting" wickets.

toss is of less importance on better pitches. Also pakistan's strength has always been and will always be our Fast Bowlers. We should prepare pitches to back our strength , rather preparing Flattest tracks in teh world and hope to win the toss. its just not the right approach

Last edited:
Not a very confident shot by Younis Khan. Hmm....could a collapse be around the corner?
Pakistan have a habit of making mediocre bowlers look world class and flat pitches look like mine-fields...

octavian said:
new zealnd green topsare not " supporting" wickets.

toss is of less importance on better pitches. Also pakistan's strength has always been will always be out Fast Bowlers. We should prepare pitches to back our strength , rather preparing Flattest tracks in teh world and hope to win the toss. its just not the right approach

apart from Shoaib in the current 11 do u think our fast bowling is more superior than Spin dept. come on yar fast bowling was our strength not now. Sami is a rubbish bowler wont even make into Indian test 11. Rana is a good big heart player but still very raw on test level. our strength right now is spin and being 1/0 up we have every right to play to our strength and make pitches tailor made to our needs not to tourists.

toonboy_awaisyboy™ said:
he picks up the ball and hits malik with it.(who was standing his ground)

Yeah I'm watching the match, it was pretty innocent, even Malik was smiling...

nedian21 said:
apart from Shoaib in the current 11 do u think our fast bowling is more superior than Spin dept. come on yar fast bowling was our strength not now. Sami is a rubbish bowler wont even make into Indian test 11. Rana is a good big heart player but still very raw on test level. our strength right now is spin and being 1/0 up we have every right to play to our strength and make pitches tailor made to our needs not to tourists.

u give these 3 quickies a pitch with more life in it and you see the difference. The only test we won against India was on green wicket in Lahore.

This pitch i snot made to our needs.

Last edited:
Why, oh why, oh why does this have to happen to Pakistan everytime they look settled?

Ace Base said:
Why, oh why, oh why does this have to happen to Pakistan everytime they look settled?

Because they enjoy making their fan's lives misreable and jumping Blood pressure.....

zushy_786 said:
Perhaps...Time will tell....

Perhaps what? I said I wonder why they didn't send in Inzamam, who is in good touch and scored 70-odd batting at number four in the last match.

octavian said:
u give these 3 quickies a pitch with more life in it and you see the difference. The only test we won against India was on green wicket in Lahore.

This pitch i snot made to our needs.

it is. England have 100 times better pacers than India. u also have to look at opposition strength meray bhai. Plus what wud have happened if India wud have bowled first in Lahore

Blistering Barnacle said:
Perhaps what? I said I wonder why they didn't send in Inzamam, who is in good touch and scored 70-odd batting at number four in the last match.

I think Inzy at 4 is the correct decision......And put down the cafine please you seem to be a little too over excited.....

nedian21 said:
good flick by Malik. Yk bhai what u were doing yar.

I think he heard that there was another confrontation in the showers so he wanted to check it out :13:

If india had bolwed first in Lahore ,, the worst case scenario might have been a Pakistan collapse , which happens on any surface anywhere in teh world.

zushy_786 said:
I think Inzy at 4 is the correct decision......And put down the cafine please you seem to be a little too over excited.....

Your facetious comment may have excited me.

BAll will reverse here it always does wait till Rani and Shoaib get the ball then we will see who the Kings of Reverse are

WICKET! Pakistan 63-2 (Younis Khan c Pietersen b Flintoff 7) Well well well. Flintoff comes on and begins with a leg-stump loosener, which Younis Khan whips lazily and straight to midwicket. An Andrex-soft dismissal, but every bit as soothing as the aforementioned toilet paper for England. This is stealthily turning into a good morning for our brave boys.

20th over: Pakistan 64-2 (Malik 21, Yousuf 1) There's a suggestion that Younis was outpsyched by some calculated verbals from England.

Are they sledging in Pakistan? Well, wait till Afridi has a go at them.

Sorry Rana not Rani but that may be a good nick name ;)

nedian21 said:
Inzi shd always come at 4. He is one of the best at that position.

Yousuf is a good batsman and hopefully he'll make amends for his last innings, but Inzi is our best test batsman without question and should be higher up the order than no. 5.

a very very good crowd in for a test in Pak, almost full stadium now. very nice to see

It's time that Aamir Sohail brings in his mother in law to shut Boothie up...Mute button comes in handy..

octavian said:
If india had bolwed first in Lahore ,, the worst case scenario might have been a Pakistan collapse , which happens on any surface anywhere in teh world.

same logic here. if england wud have batted first we still wud have hopes and rely on Kaneria and Afridi to make the inroads. and INSHALLAH they wud have. But by batting first we have an opportunity to bat England out of the game as its much easier for our batsmen to play long innings on this type of surface as compared to lahore surface. having said this still batsman have to do their job and not throw their wickets like Salman and YK. We need a big ton from one of our top 5 INSHALLAH.

This Flintoff guy is not a bad bowler. I hear his batting is pretty useful as well...

Ace Base said:
WICKET! Pakistan 63-2 (Younis Khan c Pietersen b Flintoff 7) Well well well. Flintoff comes on and begins with a leg-stump loosener, which Younis Khan whips lazily and straight to midwicket. An Andrex-soft dismissal, but every bit as soothing as the aforementioned toilet paper for England. This is stealthily turning into a good morning for our brave boys.

20th over: Pakistan 64-2 (Malik 21, Yousuf 1) There's a suggestion that Younis was outpsyched by some calculated verbals from England.

Are they sledging in Pakistan? Well, wait till Afridi has a go at them.

Afridi will let his bat do the talking.

Yousuf is a good batsman and hopefully he'll make amends for his last innings, but Inzi is our best test batsman without question and should be higher up the order than no. 5.

INSHALLAH Yusuf will silence the so-called Internet experts

octavian said:
a very very good crowd in for a test in Pak, almost full stadium now. very nice to see

I hope there is a result. Hopefully boring run-fest draws are a thing of the past in Pakistan. I'm sure that that is why test cricket lost such popularity in Pak and the stands have been empty for ages for Pakistan test matches. And hopefully the PCB will continue to be flexible with tickets and ticket pricing for tests.

zushy_786 said:
Anybody know why Ramiz isn't wearing his trademark pink shirts yet :13:

When he and Sanjay are commentating together im sure he will do that as well oiling his hair

Malik the key here, needs a big score.. Moyo also needs some runs

Saving Boundaries--Very Important here.

England have done some work here....
They Know that it's hard to get wickets so they are saving the boundaries to frustrate our stroke players...

Inzi needs to replicate this when Eng bat.

Shoaib Malik gone. A WONDERFUL CATCH FROM FREDDIE!!!

I hope there is a result. Hopefully boring run-fest draws are a thing of the past in Pakistan. I'm sure that that is why test cricket lost such popularity in Pak and the stands have been empty for ages for Pakistan test matches. And hopefully the PCB will continue to be flexible with tickets and ticket pricing for tests.

Also the kind of stadiums we have , are a reason for not attracting bigger corwds. Most of the stadiums have no shelter and u have to sit concrete stairs.

i would nt go to see a mtch if u paid me to watch in that heat under no shelter, on cioncrete stairs.

And Miggy hasnt even posted yet never mind creating any threads.

see. what happens when u give a pitch tailor-made to our " needs" ? Pakistani batsmen dont know the difference between a green top and a feather-bed of a pitch. we must back our quickies with quicker pitches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back