2nd test Pak vs. England : day 1 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raz said:
Pakistan losing the plot here!!

ya. winning toss and batting 1st on flat track and u r 73/3 isnt a good sign. need a master class from Inzi and Yusuf.

Once again pakistan rely on inzi and he cant score each time. For god sakes guys, put some runs on the board...73-3 on A FLAT TRACK. WE got away with it at Multan, we wont always get away with it. This is our chance to build 400+ but not anymore,

With Pakistan's two best batsmen at the crease we still have a chance to post a decent score. Add to that an Afridi blitz and we should be ok but we must not lose a wicket now at least until 225-250.

Here we go again the pressurse is off so they play like millionaires again

You have to be honest and say that they were three poor shots, to gift England 3 wickets.

The beast sitting, waiting for when he is unleashed into the arena.

Good thing Pakistan have Afridi and Rana in the side as well. The way things are going Allah knows we might need them.

MoYo lucky to still be there. A Flintoff yorker almost getting through.

"flintoff hoggard and harmison, the three medium pacers" - Ramiz

Hoggard with a no ball problem, yet another extra

its not going to be easy ball is going to reverse a lot soon

If Hoggard is no-balling so frequently can we expect 35 ball overs from Sami?

octavian said:
see. what happens when u give a pitch tailor-made to our " needs" ? Pakistani batsmen dont know the difference between a green top and a feather-bed of a pitch. we must back our quickies with quicker pitches

No. its the difference b/w planning and executing a plan. we decided to make a tailor made pitch. spot on planning since we are 1/0 up BUT if our batsmen cant make it to their advantage then its not Bob or Inzi or Bashir bhai's fault

Yusuf has got a good hard lesson from Bob n Inzi. cutting his attacking shots a lot.

Good running from Inzi to pick up a quick single.

octavion I personally enjoy watching games on a bit greener pitch where we can see the ball moving around; always have! however, waqar saying this "pitch is a shame" is a bit too harsh on the faislabad curators.

Very disapointing show my Pakistan, no more recognized batsmen after this, lets see how Afridi goes.

I think yoyo is lucky to be there at the crease; there was very lil doubt bec he took a big stride forward. Lucky to be there ! he better make most of it

moyo lucky to be there..giles bowled a quicker one which pitch and straightened.

but we need the luck and so does moyo.

interesting tactic every over the pacers looking for the one yorker in each over.

its always good to see ball moving around but considering the condition of pakistan batting on a placid pitch they have crawled to 81-3.. jus think wat would have happend on green suface.
Then either u would have been criticzing batsman for poor techique or would have been hunting for the curator's head.
Waqar maybe right in his comment but he is not lookin at the whole picture England have 3 quality seamers they would have destroyed Pakistan by now.

Boring Bob on Sky now giving his views and boring the life out of everyone.

zulfiqar said:
octavion I personally enjoy watching games on a bit greener pitch where we can see the ball moving around; always have! however, waqar saying this "pitch is a shame" is a bit too harsh on the faislabad curators.

zulfi i also like watching exciting games on good sporting wickets. But here we r talking abt what is best for Pakistan and their chance of winning series. and the pitch was spot on for that.

badxhah said:
its always good to see ball moving around but considering the condition of pakistan batting on a placid pitch they have crawled to 81-3.. jus think wat would have happend on green suface.
Then either u would have been criticzing batsman for poor techique or would have been hunting for the curator's head.
Waqar maybe right in his comment but he is not lookin at the whole picture England have 3 quality seamers they would have destroyed Pakistan by now.

exactly the point i m making to octavian. plus if we still bat sensibly and have a large total on board England will be under lot of pressure and Kaneria and Afridi can make their lives hell

We never seem to win any session !!! always playing catchup

These two need to stick around for a while now.

87 for 3. Could have been worse but we are making first use of this pitch and have to take full advantage of it.

MenInGreen said:
We never seem to win any session !!! always playing catchup

this is due to the fact watching to many Tom and jerry cartoons or roadruuner

At least we were able to win the last session in the last test match

I can't for the life of me understand how Pakistan messed this one up?

Well, I'm now wishing the pitch was a greentop. At least then, Pakistan would be in the same situation and we could blame the pitch. And take hope from the fact that Shoaib and Sami had yet to bowl.

Man, Pakistan really exasperate me at times but I still love them for Allah's sake. Then again, who else could I support at cricket? UAE? Afghanistan?

This is nothing new take all the series in the recent past ...some of the comment we post here could be easliy copy pasted frm the threads we posted on those series in the past.

nothing new

No batting left after these two. They both MUST stay on crease, if Pakistan is to give decent target.

Ace Base said:
I can't for the life of me understand how Pakistan messed this one up?

Well, I'm now wishing the pitch was a greentop. At least then, Pakistan would be in the same situation and we could blame the pitch. And take hope from the fact that Shoaib and Sami had yet to bowl.

Man, Pakistan really exasperate me at times but I still love them for Allah's sake. Then again, who else could I support at cricket? UAE? Afghanistan?

Sultan Zarawani, Ace Base. ;-)

hi not a great seesion but actually not that bad although we lost poles it was more down to poor shots and they havent looked threathening a good patnership here will once agian have us un the drivers seat batting first 350-400 is still very mich possilbe

You know either they are way too defensive and get bogged down or they switch on the one day mode and get out, they need a gear in between.

What a pathetic display by Pakistan's top order. I was hoping for another 100 + partnership between the openers. But this is Pakistani team.. I hope Inzi and MoYo should stick to wicket for some time. I dont think we can afford another wicket from here otherwise forget 400 runs. We dont want Afridi to bat when score is not even 100. He is going to play his shots with all kind of risk.

why all the doom and gloom pakistanis?

i though the beast will strike fear in the heart of the poms

Well Nauman good point but England have done their homework and are good at making sure our batsmen dont' take easy singles. Even the singles inzi and youhanna took looked shacky.

Well Elan Hasan Raza wouldn't have done a world differnt. ALso at least afridi can bowl if he doens't score.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back